ADSR Sounds has launched Spektrumsynth, a powerful Reaktor synth with a wide variety of capabilities.
It features multiple synthesis technologies combined into one instrument: Wavetable, FM, subtractive, granular and noise shaping. Performance is enhanced with 4 “Interaktor” modules, which are a combination of arpeggiator and step sequencer.
With huge modulation routing capability, over 65 target parameters can be controlled simultaneously with recordable movement paths performed on the Animator Pad. Individual synthesizer sections can be controlled from a split keyboard, or stacked for complex and wonderful combinations.
Modulation ranges can be controlled by other modulators, similar to the “Sidechain” functions of Massive. Multiple filter types include FM-capable Pro52 filters. Signal paths are very flexible to access the filters.
Spektrumsynth is available to purchase for $49.99 USD. Requires full version of Native Instruments Reaktor.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Spektrumsynth
Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced the release of Arpmania, a soundset expansion for the Nemesis synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Add movement and depth to your track with the Arpmania expansion for Nemesis. Expand your sound collection with a set of diverse & vibrant sounds built to cut through the mix and enhance your track. Featuring evolving arpeggios, rhythmic gates, pulsating bass lines and tight groove sequences, Arpmania offers an inspiring range of sounds, all running in perfect sync to the tempo of your track.
The Arpmania expansion comes with a set of 100 new arpeggiator patterns you can import into Nemesis, use them to create your own sounds or to edit existing presets. 3 fresh new skins for Nemesis are also included.
- 200 presets by professional sounddesigners.
- 100 additional arpeggiator patterns.
- Customize Nemesis with 3 additional skins (Black, Silver and Red).
- Unique sound by using the innovative neoFM synthesis.
- Comfortable installation & integration into the user interface.
- All sounds are properly programmed and do not contain samples. This gives you the complete dynamic range and highest possible sound quality.
- Perfect for many genres, such as Dubstep, Trance, Dance, Pop, Drum and Bass, Complextro, Dirty Dutch, IDM, Progressive, Techno, Electronic, House, HipHop and a wide variety of other music genres.
The soundset is available to purchase for 49 EUR / $59 USD.
More information: Tone2 / Arpmania
Quadelectra has launched Mercury, an arpeggiator Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
Mercury is a true 4 voice polyphonic arpeggiator for the Reason Rack. Nevertheless, it features functionality than exceeds those of a typical arpeggiator.
Mercury incorporates a set of functions, to allow musicians to work more efficiently with chord designing and sequencing. Just hit a chord and let Mercury do it’s magic!!!
Mercury can be used either in your songs, or for live performances where you want a fast and elegant way to play chord sequences and progressions.
- Polyphonic Arpeggiator: Fully featured apreggiator with Range, Pitch/Transpose, Gate and Shuffle (controls similar to those of RPG-8).
- Chord Matrix: A very intuitive way to “design” chords, chord variations and custom apreggiations.
- Scale Conforming: Conform all played notes to a specific key or scale.
- Auto-Chord: A Yamaha style Auto chord function, for playing chords easy.
- Latch Mode: Press a chord momentarily and Mercury will keep playing until you hit the same chord again.
- CV Friendly: Apply custom tweaks to the chord sequencer for up to 4 different parameters. Each one will be exported simoultaneously to all target instruments.
- Other Features: … such as dedicated section for velocity handling, the ability to run through the chord matrix sequencer steps using external CV and more…
Mercury for Reason is available to purchase for 32 EUR.
More information: Quadelectra / Mercury
Xfer Records has released version 1.0.1 of Cthulhu, a chord and arpeggiator MIDI fx plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Cthulhu is firstly a chord memorizer and player, allowing you to experiment with creating and reworking chord progressions with single-note presses.
The other half of Cthulhu is a unique pattern-based arpeggiator, allowing incoming notes or chords to be manipulated in various rhythmic ways.
Changes in Cthulhu v1.0.1
- AAX Support, both 32 and 64, for ProTools 10.3 or later.
- MIDI FX version of Cthulhu for Logic X – no more IAC needed.
- MIDI latching option (switch at top) to auto-legato (sustain).
- Type-able values for notes/velocities.
- Chord “Watcher” (Eye switch) to monitor which chords are triggered.
- Shift-click learn switch = learn with timer: chord will not be learned until the chord is held down for 1 full second.
- Shift-click on piano to trigger chord; alt-shift-click to do both functions (change to a different chord slot and trigger it).
- New diatonic chord presets are designed to make writing in any key quick and easy.
Cthulhu for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available to purchase for $39 USD. The update is free for existing owners.
More information: Xfer Records / Cthulhu
Luftrum has announced an update to its Luftrum 9 soundset for the Diva virtual analog synthesizer by u-he.
All arpeggios in Luftrum 9 are now assigned to the integrated arpeggiator in DIVA and included are 10 extra variations of some chosen Arp presets, so Luftrum 9 now contains 74 presets in total.
The new update of Luftrum 9 is sent out to all customers.
Luftrum 9 features
- 74 presets ranging from smooth ambients pads to gentle arpeggios, berlin school sequences and synth emulations inspired by Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Royksopp and Jean Michel Jarre.
- 21 Ambient Pads.
- 19 Arpeggios + 10 variations.
- 15 Synths.
- 4 Soundscapes.
- 3 Sound Effects.
- 2 Strings.
- All arpeggios are assigned to the arpeggiator in DIVA v1.3.
The soundset costs $23 USD. Until December 31st, 2013, a 50% discount code can be found on the Luftrum website.
More information: Luftrum / Luftrum 9
, instrument plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Dec 09, 2013 - 0 comments
u-he has announced the release of version 1.3 of its Diva virtual analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
u-he DIVA – Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue Synthesizer.
This free update expands Diva’s sonic palette with the most requested modules since Diva’s introduction two years ago:
- The Uhbie, a filter modeled after a famous analogue multimode VCF. Our take on this morphs from lowpass to highpass via your choice of notch or bandpass.
- The Digital Osc, a dual oscillator with a flexible feature set reminiscent of the synthesizer that started the hardware VA revolution in the 90ies. Not only have we covered its typical waveforms such as the original Super Saw, Feedback and TriangleMod, we even gave both oscillators the full feature set! (we also sneaked in a high quality mode with less aliasing)
- An Arpeggiator! – Not to be mistaken with the recent crop of sequencers that also arpeggiate, this one pays tribute to good old analogue style arpeggiators, including some of the lesser known modes such as the “Leap” mode found in rare monophonic synths.
Other changes in Diva v1.3
- 60 new factory presets using the new modules.
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10/11!
- Vastly accelerated GUI opening.
- Many little niggles fixed.
Diva for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $179 USD (excl. VAT).
More information: u-he / Diva
Tone2 has announced the release of Nemesis, a synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Nemesis takes FM synthesis to its next evolutionary step: NeoFM synthesis. NeoFM is an exclusive new and improved approach to FM synthesis that is extremely powerful and intuitive.
Nemesis includes traditional FM synthesis as well as a completely new and improved approach to FM called NeoFM synthesis.
It is now easier than ever to get very good sounding results.The sound quality of Nemesis surpasses conventional synths, making it easy to locate the sonic sweet spot. Nemesis features an easy-to-use interface, which ensures that you will experience FM synthesis at its best and most entertaining.
- Unrivaled sound quality.
- Offers a new and user-friendly approach to FM synthesis. Nemesis makes FM synthesis accessible to everyone, regardless of skill level or experience.
- Easy to tweak presets or program your own sounds with.
- NeoFM covers all important aspects of traditional FM synthesis, but is in no way limited only to bell-style sounds. It offers a very large sonic range, one that is much more varied than other FM synths.
- Due to its innovative technical approach, neoFM does not suffer from a metallic sound or from the weaknesses of conventional FM.
- No fewer than 22 combinable synthesis types. Nemesis expands FM with further synthesis methods such as Additive, Formant, Wavetables, Waveshaping, Phase distortion, Sync and Reso synthesis.
- Contains 1000 inspiring patches from professional designers.
- Unique signature sound.
- Nemesis features a large number of exclusive sounds that are not possible with other synthesizers.
- Perfect for modern, as well as all other music styles.
- Wave import, resynthesis and the additive spectral editor offer unlimited sonic possibilities.
- True 4x stereo unison.
- An extensive number of high-end quality effects, with flexible and innovative routing options.
- Trancegate with an extensive selection of setup options.
- High-End sound quality with low demands on your CPU.
- Powerful, easy-to-use arpeggiator.
Nemesis for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 149 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Tone2 / Nemesis