Arturia has announced availability of AAX Updater to support Avid’s advanced AAX plug-in format favoured by Pro Tools 11.
As of October 2011 — when Avid introduced its advanced AAX (Avid Audio Xtension) plug-in format with Pro Tools 10 to offer better workflows and sound parity when sharing sessions between DSP-accelerated and DSP-based Pro Tools systems — Arturia software instrument users could still run RTAS versions of their precious plug-ins within Pro Tools 10. This is no longer the case with Pro Tools 11.
With the introduction of Pro Tools 11 Avid has today turbocharged AAX with 64-bit performance but duly dropped RTAS support so users now have to update their plug-ins to include the new AAX format. In the wonderful world of Arturia software instruments, AAX Updater does just that… speedily and simply.
Run AAX Updater once and… voila! All installed Arturia software instruments are at once updated, ready to run as 64-bit AAX plug-ins within Pro Tools 11. There are, however, some notable exceptions to this: the Analog Laboratory software synthesizer solution, Brass 2.0 virtual acoustic instrument, and SPARK engine software shared by both the SPARK Creative Drum Machine and SparkLE hybrid hardware/software beat production centres are not included in the list of instruments that will be updated by AAX Updater (though the forthcoming SPARK 1.7 update will be AAX-compatible).
Since Pro Tools 11 only runs on Mac OS X 10.8, Windows 7, and Windows 8, so does AAX Updater. Quite simply, any Arturia user wishing to purchase Pro Tools 11 should run AAX Updater then they’re good to go and make sweet music again. Literally speaking, of course!
The AAX Updater can be downloaded for free.
More information: Arturia
Arturia has launched Summer Soundset Vol 1, a sound library for Spark by resident Arturia sound designers Mike Hosker and Samuel Severino.
This month we kick off the summer with 5 Spark kits from Artuian sound designers Mike Hosker and Samuel Severino.
Each kit features 32 patterns, and 16 instruments ranging from sampled Kicks, snares, percussion, & one shot fx, to the Spark Engine’s virtual analog bass stabs and pads. With minimal & tech house elements these 5 kits open your summer production sessions with some fresh content to add to your Spark Library.
The Summer Soundset is a free download for Spark users.
More information: Arturia / Summer Soundset Vol 1
Arturia has announced the release of Analog Lab, a software synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Analog Lab is an extremely powerful software synthesizer solution with over 5000 classic synthesizer sounds from Arturia’s premier vintage analog recreations at your fingertips.
Analog Lab offers the ability to do fast and simple editing and customizing of your presets but it doesn’t stop there; owners of the original individual synthesizer software products or the V Collection can open an Analog Lab sound and edit it in the original software, save it and then add it to their library.
Our new Multi mode allows you to create amazing layers and splits as well as warping and twisting your sounds with 15 high quality effects. Analog Lab will take your sound and workflow to a new level.
Analog Lab features
- 5000 sounds from some of the best sound designers in the industry.
- TAE® Sounds are selected from the Mini V, Modular V, CS-80V, Arp2600V, Jupiter 8V, Prophet V, Prophet VS, Oberheim SEM V and Wurlitzer V.
- Graphic Studio view of synths.
- Detailed sound browser and filtering for finding your sounds fast.
- Multi mode for creating your own layers, splits and adding effects.
- Effects include: Analog Chorus, Analog Delay, Phaser, Overdrive, Vocal Filter, Pitch-shift Chorus, Leslie, Flanger, Reverb, Digital Delay, Compressor, Sub-generator, Bit Crusher, Parametric EQ, Destroy, Limiter.
- Automatic mapping of parameters for Arturia keyboards.
- MIDI mapable parameters.
- Standalone or Plug-in operation (VST, VST3, AU, RTAS, AAX coming soon).
- Full editing of sounds for owners of any of the Arturia Classic Keyboard products (Mini V, Modular V, CS-80V, Wurlitzer V, etc.).
- 64 bit operation.
- Interface automatically changes to match your Arturia Keyboard that is connected.
The Analog Lab for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 89 EUR/USD.
More information: Arturia / Analog Lab
, Bob Moog
, Bob Moog Foundation
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on May 24, 2013 - 0 comments
Arturia has announced a 50% discount on Dr. Bob’s Collector Pack as a tribute to synthesizer pioneer Dr. Bob Moog who would have been 79 on May 23rd,
Arturia is proud to pay tribute to the father of electronic music by introducing a limited edition pack in collaboration with – and to the aid of – the Bob Moog Foundation.
Dr. Bob’s Collector Pack includes two of our award-winning software instruments, the Minimoog-V and the Moog Modular-V at a groundbreaking price.
It also offers a unique glimpse into Bob Moog’s life, by including an exclusive book of private archives from the Moog Foundation and a DVD documentary.
The limited edition box is available to purchase for 129 USD/EUR through May 30th, 2013 (regular $299 USD / 249 EUR.
More information: Arturia / Dr. Bob’s Collector Pack
Arturia has updated the Oberheim SEM V to version 1.1.6 and Wurlitzer-V virtual electric piano to version 1.0.5.
These free updates bring performance, stability, and MIDI improvements to two of Arturia’s most popular Analog Classics, the Oberheim SEM V and Wurlitzer-V, respectively released to critical acclaim in 2011 and 2012. The best just got a whole lot better!
Oberheim SEM V and Wurlitzer-V are available as downloads for 99 EUR/$99 USD each, or as boxed versions for 119 EUR/$129 USD.
More information: Arturia
Arturia has announced the release of Hollywood Essentials, an expansion sound library for the Spark Creative Drum Machine.
Spark Hollywood Essentials brings an amazing library of film score tools to the Spark Engine. Designed by three of Hollywoods top sound designers, Larry Hopkins, Alan Howarth, and Mark Mangini, these sounds, kits and patterns will open up many new potential avenues for any genre of music.
Featuring a library of 30 kits with 480 instruments and 960 patterns that range from field recordings, to incredible sound scapes and percussion ensembles worthy of a major motion picture Hollywood block buster.
Sparks organic realtime workflow allows you to take advantage of this suite of sounds perfect for scoring a film and allows you to easily apply them to any genre of music production.
Spark Hollywood Essentials is available to purchase for $29 USD / 29 EUR. Requires Spark version 1.5 or greater (not compatible with “Spark Vintage”, “Spark Dubstep” or any other version of Spark dedicated to a specific musical genre).
More information: Arturia / Hollywood Essentials
Arturia has updated its iMini synthesizer app for iPad to version 1.1, adding support for Audiobus.
Mini is a recreation of the classic 1971 Minimoog™ synthesizer, one of most iconic synthesizers of all time.
Based on the TAE® technology found in our award winning Mini V software, iMini offers a level of sound quality never before found on the iPAD as well as over 500 sounds by leading sound designers.
Changes in iMini v1.1
- Audiobus! Connect iMini to GarageBand and other DAWS.
- Background audio: iMini responds to midi even in the background.
- Virtual midi: iMini responds to other apps that send midi.
- Ignore midi devices: select midi devices to not respond too.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
iMini is available in the App Store priced at $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR.
More information: Arturia / iMini
Arturia has introduced its KeyLab range of professional-grade MIDI keyboard controllers with all-new accompanying Analog Lab synthesizer software at Musikmesse 2013.
25, 49, or 61 keys; velocity sensitivity or velocity sensitivity and aftertouch; beat-making or breath control… whatever your performance preference, there’s a KeyLab MIDI keyboard controller to suit with Analog Lab to boot.
Let your musical ideas flow forth with the greatest of ease with these superb-sounding software/hardware hybrid synthesis combos!
- 25/49/61 semi weighted keys with velocity and aftertouch.
- Controllers include encoders (incl. clickable), sliders, modulation & pitch bend wheels, switches, assignable control buttons, octave up/down buttons, touch & pressure-sensitive pads.
- MIDI in & out, USB, Sustain pedal, Expression pedal, Aux footswitch, Breath controller inputs.
- High quality aluminum and wooden construction.
- 32 digits LCD screen.
- Functions as an universal MIDI controller.
- Includes Analog Lab with 5000 synth sounds.
- All presets are carefully selected from the Arturia Classic Synths (mini V, Modular V, CS-80V, ARP 2600 V, Prophet V, Prophet VS, SEM V and Jupiter-8V) and from Wurlitzer V, our recreation of the classic 200A electric piano. These TAE® powered sounds offer unparalleled audio quality.
- Fast filter the presets to your requirements: by Instrument, by Type (Bass, Pads, Leads…), by Characteristics (long, bright, dark…).
- In-depth Preset Editing available for the owners of the Arturia Classic Synthesizers (Mini V, CS-80 V, etc.). Edit your sounds on the original instruments within Analog Lab.
- More than 200 Multi patches organized by musical genres, each made of two different synth patches with effects, layers and splits.
- Straightforward editing, with a complete array of parameters for tweaking sounds, directly assigned to the controls of the Keylab.
The KeyLab controller series will be available soon.
More information: Arturia