, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jul 02, 2013 - 0 comments
Multiples Pro has announced the release of E|Toms Vol 2, a collection of 48 toms samples.
The tom tom or tom drum is a sonic boom in sound for adding additional rhythm to an otherwise pedestrian beat.
EToms Vol2 features
- 48 tom tom sounds covering:
- 16 raw sounds straight from Kong.
- 16 filtered sounds using Ohmforce Frohmage.
- 16 Distorted sounds using Native Instruments Driver.
E|Toms Vol 2 sample pack is available to download in .WAV, Kontakt, Maschine and Battery formats at no charge.
The previously released Dust: Minimoog — featuring 50 multi-sampled sounds from the Minimoog V virtual synthesizer by Arturia, is now also available as freeware.
More information: Multiples Pro
, FL Studio
, Keith McMillen Instruments
Posted in news
on Jun 28, 2013 - 0 comments
Keith McMillen Instruments has announced that its QuNeo 3D multi-touch pad controller is now supported by over 30 popular music applications, including new integration for FL Studio, Reason, VirtualDJ and Spark.
QuNeo, the most expressive pad controller on the market, is now the most widely supported. QuNeo works out of the box with over 30 music applications, yet allows for easy tweaking to suit every player’s needs.
New QuNeo integration
- FL Studio 11 — FL Studio is one of the most widely used music production software applications. The recent release FL Studio 11 by Image-Line Software includes native support for QuNeo and a new Performance mode for clip-launching. “Image-Line is happy to include QuNeo as a supported MIDI controller in FL Studio,” said Image-Line Communications Manager, Scott Fisher. “FL Studio 11′s new Performance mode allows QuNeo users to do live triggering of their playlist clips.”
- Reason 7 — Reason is a popular and powerful music production studio from Propellerhead Software. Released in April, Reason 7 includes built in control surface support for QuNeo. “Controlling Reason with QuNeo gives you a different way to approach your music making, and the unique controller offers some really exciting features for interacting with your Reason rack,” said Propellerhead Product Specialist, Mattias Häggström Gerdt. It’s now easier than ever to use QuNeo’s X-Y location and pressure sensitive pads to bring expressive levels of performance control to Reason. Each of QuNeo’s pads can act as both a keyboard key and a 3-D effects joystick. QuNeo’s additional sliders, rotaries and buttons provide even more ways to interact with Reason.
- VirtualDJ — VirtualDJ is a popular DJ software application with a large, world-wide user base. In partnership with KMI, Atomix Productions has developed a QuNeo preset and control surface mapping for VirtualDJ which provides a wide range of performance options. “It was a real pleasure working with QuNeo and the KMI staff to bring such a versatile product to VirtualDJ users, and we look forward to working with other products from Keith McMillen,” said Atomix Hardware Development Engineer, Chris Stoll. Users can scratch, crossfade between decks, alter the tempo of tracks, control loops, filters, effects and key changes, access cue points, and trigger samples. When scratching with QuNeo’s rotaries, looping or hot cue triggering, users can leverage Virtual DJ’s “Slip Mode” which automatically returns the track to the point where it would be if none of these actions had occurred.
- Arturia Spark — Arturia’s innovative software instruments are a natural fit with QuNeo. In partnership with Arturia, KMI has developed QuNeo control surface mappings and a custom QuNeo preset for Spark, Spark Vintage Drum Machines, Spark DubStep and Spark EDM. Using QuNeo factory presets, users can play individual pads or drum patterns, perform drum loop manipulation, and control effects. The custom Spark QuNeo preset provides more advanced features like additional effects control, the use of QuNeo’s rotaries, and the ability to activate transport controls from QuNeo.
The QuNeo is available to purchase for $249.95 USD.
More information: Keith McMillen Instruments / QuNeo
Arturia has announced availability of AAX Updater to support Avid’s advanced AAX plug-in format favoured by Pro Tools 11.
As of October 2011 — when Avid introduced its advanced AAX (Avid Audio Xtension) plug-in format with Pro Tools 10 to offer better workflows and sound parity when sharing sessions between DSP-accelerated and DSP-based Pro Tools systems — Arturia software instrument users could still run RTAS versions of their precious plug-ins within Pro Tools 10. This is no longer the case with Pro Tools 11.
With the introduction of Pro Tools 11 Avid has today turbocharged AAX with 64-bit performance but duly dropped RTAS support so users now have to update their plug-ins to include the new AAX format. In the wonderful world of Arturia software instruments, AAX Updater does just that… speedily and simply.
Run AAX Updater once and… voila! All installed Arturia software instruments are at once updated, ready to run as 64-bit AAX plug-ins within Pro Tools 11. There are, however, some notable exceptions to this: the Analog Laboratory software synthesizer solution, Brass 2.0 virtual acoustic instrument, and SPARK engine software shared by both the SPARK Creative Drum Machine and SparkLE hybrid hardware/software beat production centres are not included in the list of instruments that will be updated by AAX Updater (though the forthcoming SPARK 1.7 update will be AAX-compatible).
Since Pro Tools 11 only runs on Mac OS X 10.8, Windows 7, and Windows 8, so does AAX Updater. Quite simply, any Arturia user wishing to purchase Pro Tools 11 should run AAX Updater then they’re good to go and make sweet music again. Literally speaking, of course!
The AAX Updater can be downloaded for free.
More information: Arturia
Arturia has launched Summer Soundset Vol 1, a sound library for Spark by resident Arturia sound designers Mike Hosker and Samuel Severino.
This month we kick off the summer with 5 Spark kits from Artuian sound designers Mike Hosker and Samuel Severino.
Each kit features 32 patterns, and 16 instruments ranging from sampled Kicks, snares, percussion, & one shot fx, to the Spark Engine’s virtual analog bass stabs and pads. With minimal & tech house elements these 5 kits open your summer production sessions with some fresh content to add to your Spark Library.
The Summer Soundset is a free download for Spark users.
More information: Arturia / Summer Soundset Vol 1
Arturia has announced the release of Analog Lab, a software synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Analog Lab is an extremely powerful software synthesizer solution with over 5000 classic synthesizer sounds from Arturia’s premier vintage analog recreations at your fingertips.
Analog Lab offers the ability to do fast and simple editing and customizing of your presets but it doesn’t stop there; owners of the original individual synthesizer software products or the V Collection can open an Analog Lab sound and edit it in the original software, save it and then add it to their library.
Our new Multi mode allows you to create amazing layers and splits as well as warping and twisting your sounds with 15 high quality effects. Analog Lab will take your sound and workflow to a new level.
Analog Lab features
- 5000 sounds from some of the best sound designers in the industry.
- TAE® Sounds are selected from the Mini V, Modular V, CS-80V, Arp2600V, Jupiter 8V, Prophet V, Prophet VS, Oberheim SEM V and Wurlitzer V.
- Graphic Studio view of synths.
- Detailed sound browser and filtering for finding your sounds fast.
- Multi mode for creating your own layers, splits and adding effects.
- Effects include: Analog Chorus, Analog Delay, Phaser, Overdrive, Vocal Filter, Pitch-shift Chorus, Leslie, Flanger, Reverb, Digital Delay, Compressor, Sub-generator, Bit Crusher, Parametric EQ, Destroy, Limiter.
- Automatic mapping of parameters for Arturia keyboards.
- MIDI mapable parameters.
- Standalone or Plug-in operation (VST, VST3, AU, RTAS, AAX coming soon).
- Full editing of sounds for owners of any of the Arturia Classic Keyboard products (Mini V, Modular V, CS-80V, Wurlitzer V, etc.).
- 64 bit operation.
- Interface automatically changes to match your Arturia Keyboard that is connected.
The Analog Lab for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 89 EUR/USD.
More information: Arturia / Analog Lab
, Bob Moog
, Bob Moog Foundation
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on May 24, 2013 - 0 comments
Arturia has announced a 50% discount on Dr. Bob’s Collector Pack as a tribute to synthesizer pioneer Dr. Bob Moog who would have been 79 on May 23rd,
Arturia is proud to pay tribute to the father of electronic music by introducing a limited edition pack in collaboration with – and to the aid of – the Bob Moog Foundation.
Dr. Bob’s Collector Pack includes two of our award-winning software instruments, the Minimoog-V and the Moog Modular-V at a groundbreaking price.
It also offers a unique glimpse into Bob Moog’s life, by including an exclusive book of private archives from the Moog Foundation and a DVD documentary.
The limited edition box is available to purchase for 129 USD/EUR through May 30th, 2013 (regular $299 USD / 249 EUR.
More information: Arturia / Dr. Bob’s Collector Pack
Arturia has updated the Oberheim SEM V to version 1.1.6 and Wurlitzer-V virtual electric piano to version 1.0.5.
These free updates bring performance, stability, and MIDI improvements to two of Arturia’s most popular Analog Classics, the Oberheim SEM V and Wurlitzer-V, respectively released to critical acclaim in 2011 and 2012. The best just got a whole lot better!
Oberheim SEM V and Wurlitzer-V are available as downloads for 99 EUR/$99 USD each, or as boxed versions for 119 EUR/$129 USD.
More information: Arturia