Atom Hub has launched Lost Horizon, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Inspired by the atmosphere of the novels “Lost Horizon” by James Hilton and “Forest” and “Roadside Picnic” by brothers Strugatsky, I have sampled my trusty old Yamaha RGX 721 DG electric guitar to provide gentle clean samples proper for looping and dreaming.
The result is this library suitable for endless minutes of searching for, well, the ideal otherwordly soundscapes and backgrounds.
Lost Horizon features
- 16 bit/44.1 kHz.
- 214 MB (44 single wav files).
- 49 nki files (11 basic, 28 single, 10 multi patches).
- Slightly chorused electric guitar samples.
- Executed in order to end like sci-fi, dreamy, somnambulant soundscapes.
- Attack/release, filter, reverb, flanger, delay and other FX GUI controls.
- Cool flickering animated blaze beyond the aperture.
The library is available for purchase for 5 EUR.
More information: Atom Hub / Lost Horizon
Atom Hub has launched Cryptar, a free sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
I found some samples of my acoustic guitar and felt there is time to make some lib to say thanks to my supporters, but also to enrich the world of freebies, we all love.
If some of you feel like “this is EXACTLY what I was looking for !” :-D I have made an option to make a donation available.
- 24 bit / 44,1 kHz.
- 96.3 MB (45 single wav files, 24 bit / 44,1 kHz).
- 11 nki files.
- Acoustic guitar samples.
- 3X fake round robins.
- Kind of a guitar/piano/stringy character with omnipresent sound defects.
The library is a free download from Atom Hub.
More information: Atom Hub / Cryptar
Atom Hub has announced version 2.0 of the Old Mandolin virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Old Mandolin includes a new GUI for operating a number of useful effects.
Although it was not sampled again from scratch like Toolshed, about 80 MB of new material were newly sampled. More samples have been effected outside Kontakt to provide more sonic colors to the library. So now it contains “mandolinish” pads, kind of organs, e-pianos, softer, tonal, atonal FX patches.
I found this mandolin good at resembling another stringed instruments – koto, kalimba, cemballo, cimbalom, harp… those instruments will come up in your mind when scrolling through the new patches. Also, the initial basic patches have been improved, repositioned on some tones, tuned properly to give the mandolin and to you more options.
Old Mandolin features
- 16-24 bit / 44,1 kHz.
- 260 MB installed.
- 81 nki files (374 wav files) in 7 categories.
- up to 3 RR variations.
- Mandolin with its flaws and imperfections.
- Knocks, hits, percussive sounds.
- Basic mandolin patches.
- Extra FX patches ranging from experimental to calming and ethereal ones.
- Not a mandolin in traditional sense.
The library is available to purchase for 15 EUR. Existing customers of Old Mandolin can get the updated version for 5 EUR.
More information: Atom Hub / Old Mandolin
Related: Atom Hub
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in archive
on Nov 06, 2013 - 0 comments
VST Buzz has announced a limited time deal, offering the Bell from Shelf and Wine Glass library bundle by Atom Hub at a 30% discount.
This bundle offers some really unique and quirky little libraries from a relatively unheard of developer. Wine Glass has 40 presets offering a variety of unusual sounds created from sampling wine glass hits (finger tip, knuckle, wooden stick etc.) with 7x round robins. Its a beautiful library that offers a nice crystalline, sparkly and ominous sound.
The Bell from Shelf was created by sampling the knocking, ringing and tolling of a copper brass bell. It comes with 24 presets (5x round robins) and gives you a beautiful percussive, metallic and clangy sound. These are some excellent libraries to add to your collection and absolutely dirt cheap!
The bundle is available to purchase for $9.50 USD until November 12th, 2013 (regular $13.50 USD).
More information: VST Buzz
Atom Hub has released Gnat Shepherd Household, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
I found this little vuvuzela in a supermarket and since it immediately got my son´s attention I bought it. The sound ? You know… vuvuzela. Just a simple whistle, the younger brother of the real vuvuzelas, which can damage not only your hearing, but also a football tournament ! :-)
This little disaster produces single nasty high pitched tone, which only me and my son seem to like in our entire family. (… or our town ?) Soon I realized, that this one note torturing is not all this catcall is capable of. So I started to “practise” and used it to produce quite wide palette of sounds – squeels, screams and creaks, which reminded me of various animals – so you can find seagulls, pigs, starling, cat, peacock and also unbelievable chicken patches inside.
Gnat Shepherd Household features
- 24 bit / 44,1 kHz.
- 151 MB (260 single wav files).
- 41 nki files (12 multi, 29 single patches).
- Handful of funny, experimental and even serious patches.
- EQ, attack, release, stereo, flanger, phaser, reverb, delay, drive, cabinet fx.
The sample library costs 5 EUR. A free version with 1 instrument is available to download.
More information: Atom Hub / Gnat Shepherd Household
Atom Hub has announced the release of Cuckoo Clay Bird, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Soon after I started to play with the samples in Kontakt I decided to release two versions of this instrument – one freebie containing some basic patches and also some experimental one and the full version, which brings cca 3 times more sample content, more controls in GUI, more patches, dynamic ones, looped ones – all together with nice experimental possibilities.
You can come up with kind of jungle scenery with various exotic birds tweeting, get to the sci-fi territory with weird pads and effests, or to get to the rock pub with overdriven (cuckoo) rock organ (I am using the word “hammond” here and there just to give you the idea about the type of the sound)… Really, this little one exceeded my expectations. I hope you will like it too and if not with full version, you will have some fun at least with the freebie.
Cuckoo Clay Bird features
- 24 bit / 44,1 kHz.
- 103 MB (cca 100 single wav files).
- 54 nki files (12 multi, 12 regular raw, 10 SFX, 20 wet patches).
- Tuned, looped wavs.
- Nice, flute/ocarina like sounds.
- An experimental approach to this birdie.
- Great organ sounds.
- Delay, 3 band EQ, attack/release and expanded reverb, flanger GUI controls.
The full Cuckoo Clay Bird sound library costs 5 EUR. The free version is available to download here.
More information: Atom Hub / Cuckoo Clay Bird
Atom Hub has announced the release of three new sample libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Drumming Fire sound library for NI Kontakt.
New Atom Hub libraries
- Drumming Fire – Make weird rhythms from sampled fire, crackling, buring wood, or a fireplace itself – Wood chunks, iron broach, banister, barbecue shovel. 368 MB / 29 nki’s.
- Snow And Ice – Snowy and icy sounds… footsteps, ice throws, slides, stabbings, as well as winter creek ambiences. 166 MB / 33 nki’s.
- Wine Glass – Two wine glasses, 40 different sets, up to 7x round robin, pips, strokes, clashes, fingertips, knuckles, stick. 99 MB / 40 nki’s.
The sound libraries are available to purchase for 5 EUR each.
More information: Atom Hub
Atom Hub has released Mr. Pot, a free sound library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Mr. Pot… very important member of my family (VIM), exactly of kitchen. Taking part and giving helping hand in all cooking endeavours of my girlfriend, I am really pleased to share what I like the most about it with you… YES, its sound ! :-)
I have tapped on its every part and I recorded every hit ten times for you to make sure, it will become a download worthy instrument. It does not sound bad at all. In fact, good enough for a pot guy, who never did serious vocals, only spaghetti and so on…
Mr. Pot features
- 16 bit / 44,1 kHz.
- 52 MB (289 single wav files).
- 10 nki´s.
- 25 cm steel pot played, knocked, tapped with palms, fingertips and knuckles on all its parts.
- 10 x round robin.
The library is a free download at Atom Hub.
More information: Atom Hub / Mr. Pot