Glitchmachines has released version 1.1 of Polygon, a sampler plugin designed to facilitate the creation of stunning composite sound effects.
Co-developed by Ivo Ivanov and Thomas Hennebert, Polygon was conceived from the ground up with unconventional attributes and a fast, forward-thinking workflow.
Layering samples is only the beginning. Polygon’s unique granular mode will bend your samples into fresh material while its clean and logical interface, extensive modulation options and distinctive sonic fingerprint make it an invaluable tool for creative sound design.
Changes in Polygon v1.1
- New features:
- new glide controls for each sampler as well as the sub oscillator + master glide offset.
- new solo function for each sampler and the sub oscillator.
- the effects processors can now be chained.
- tooltips showing the current values of knobs/sliders upon mouse hover.
- new waveform display with adaptive zooming to the current sample focus.
- you can now drag & drop samples from the Finder/Explorer to the sample slots.
- save a preset with copies of the samples used in a special folder for preset portability.
- new option in the menu for opening the Finder/Explorer at the presets folder location.
- UI refinements with improved contrast and new knob design.
- knobs now have a distinct indicator if their parameters are targeted by a modulator.
- new preset menu using columns for easier navigation.
- new factory presets by Subjex.
- Performance enhancements:
- numerous refinements to reduce CPU load.
- HQ mode: when de-activated can further reduce CPU load.
- fixed : some parameters would not update properly at sample rates higher than 44.1kHz.
- fixed : on preset change the sample folders paths (for file navigation using the arrows) would not update properly.
- fixed : loop mode broken if focus set to 100%.
- fixed : buttons and menus would capture the “Enter” key.
- fixed : the stutter effect could get stuck looping a short click.
- fixed : sample reverse misbehavior.
Polygon for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Glitchmachines / Polygon
Waves has launched MetaFilter, a filter effect plug-in in Native formats.
Designed around a multimode filter with extensive modulation options and powered by Waves’ Virtual Voltage technology, Waves MetaFilter has everything you need in a sound-shaping filter plugin. The versatile MetaFilter creative effects unit provides all the warmth, depth and fatness of classic analog filters, along with the modern control and endless flexibility distinctive of Waves tools.
MetaFilter lets you individually modulate the filter’s cutoff, resonance and delay time using three separate modulators – a 16-step sequencer, an LFO, and an envelope follower with a sidechaining option – making it easy to achieve effects such as filter sweeping, tremolo, auto wah, rhythmic gating, ducking, and hypnotic modulating delays with saturation buildups.
- Three separate modulators: 16-step sequencer, LFO, and envelope follower with sidechaining option.
- Fat analog sound quality.
- Intuitive MIDI Learn.
- Fully modulatable analog delay.
- Powered by Virtual Voltage technology.
- Endless sound-shaping possibilities.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX), priced at the introductory price of $99 USD (regular $200 USD).
More information: Waves / MetaFilter
, Dom Kane
, instrument plugins
, Justin Harris
, Meat Katie
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Feb 28, 2014
Plugin Boutique has announced a flash sale on Z3TA+ 2, offering the virtual synthesizer instrument from Cakewalk at a 50% discount for a limited time. The sale also includes 45 presets by Dom Kane, Meat Katie, and Justin Harris.
The legendary waveshaping sound of Z3TA+ (zay’-ta) is back – and better than ever. New filters, modulatable waveshapers, flexible effects, expressive control and a gorgeous new interface make Z3TA+ 2 one seriously powerful synth.
It’s not often that a soft synth can be called a classic, but in the case of Z3TA+ it’s definitely appropriate. Used on countless tracks over the past decade, Z3TA+’s distinctive sound has been a staple of electronic artists the world over.
Z3TA+ 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is 50% off at Plugin Boutique until March 3rd, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Z3TA+ 2
Cableguys has updated all of its instrument and effect plug-ins, including Beat Edition and Computer Music editions.
The update includes a new version of the Curve 2 synthesizer instrument.
All our plugins now feature multi-selection of waveform points via ALT-click, to move, scale, mirror or delete multiple points at once — for even more comfortable and faster waveform editing.
And we’ve updated all of them to the latest Cableguys codebase, bringing small bug fixes, a reduced CPU usage and smoother UI control.
The new versions are now available to download (demos also updated). PanCake 2 is a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS).
More information: Cableguys
Rig::Sonics has released Mid/Side Controller, an audio encoder-decoder plug-in for mid-side processing.
The Rig::Sonics Mid/Side Controller is a cross-platform plug-in for digital audio workstations which offers the possibility of mid/side processing.
It can be used for making changes to the stereo image of a stereo audio signal by adjusting the gain of the mid and side components.
The Rig::Sonics Mid/Side Controller is particularly interesting for mastering engineers.
Mid/Side Controller features
- Mid/side encoding & decoding.
- Gives you control over the gain of the mid and side components of a stereo track.
- Allows you to enhance, shrink and displace the stereo image. Even it’s possible to create asymmetric stereo images.
- A/B comparisons.
- Side channels swapping (phase flipping).
- Link/unlink faders of side signals.
- Mid or side solo listening.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 6.99 EUR.
More information: Rig::Sonics / Mid/Side Controller
Acon Digital has released version 1.2 of Verberate, an algorithmic reverb plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Verberate offers a highly realistic simulation of real acoustical spaces.
This is the reverb for those who like clean and realistic reverbs like convolution reverbs, but are in need of more flexibility and tweaking possibilities without sacrificing realism.
Changes in Verberate v1.2
- Improved stereo image.
- Less coloration and more lively late reverberation tails.
- Pro Tools Audio Suite support.
- CPU optimizations.
- New presets.
- Fixed rare issue with truncated early reflections.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Verberate for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available to purchase for $99.90 USD. The update is free for all Verberate customers.
More information: Acon Digital / Verberate
LVC-Audio has released version 1.0.2 of PreAMPed and version 2.2.3 of ClipShifter, two effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
PreAMPed recreates many of the qualities of analog preamplifiers.
This includes subtle EQ response curves, low- and high- frequency saturation, differences between left and right signals, crosstalk, noise, transformer/coil impulse response, and saturation and EQ changes due to gain changes.
Changes in PreAMPed v1.0.2
- Fixed frequency response issue (preamp models) with stopping and restarting playback while oversampling is engaged.
- Increased maximum value of saturation knob control.
- Increase the range of the output gain control and input trim control.
- Fixed potential memory issues when closing the plugin.
- Improved saturation algorithms for Limit, Black, Modern, BlueB, Old, and TapeD models.
ClipShifter is a wave-shaping audio plugin that functions like a clipping-style limiter.
It provides enough user controls to be useful in all mixing stages: from distorting basses and drums, to maximizing mix buses and warming-up overall mixes. The sonic characteristics of the clipping distortion can be altered from hard, brickwall-style clipping, to softer saturation with compression.
Changes in ClipShifter v2.2.3
- Fixed incorrect stereo width settings in presets (i.e., stereo width set to mono).
- New peak clipping meters.
- Fixed color initialization issue with VST3 format.
- Fixed potential memory issue when closing the plugin.
PreAMPed and ClipShifter are available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at $47.70 USD and $19.61 USD, respectively.
More information: LVC-Audio
Humanoid Sound Systems has announced that a free copy of ENZYME CM is available in the latest issue of Computer Music magazine.
The current issue of Computer Music Magazine (issue 202) has ENZYME CM featured on the cover disk. This is a free version of ENZYME, specially developed for CM magazine readers, which contains 50 presets, full ENZYME synthesis engine and a free bonus bank available if you pop on over and ‘like’ us on Facebook!
AND that’s not all……. there is also a special discount code for CM readers to use when purchasing the full version of ENZYME!
Ready to grab your copy of the mag? It’s available in both paper and digital formats and some of the options even let you have it for free……Can your day get any better?
So…… follow the linky links, Grab your copy of the magazine, download your free version and get creating……Simples!
Computer Music 202 is now available to purchase from Apple Newsstand, Google Play, Zinio, and as a print edition.
More information: Humanoid Sound Systems / Computer Music 202