Blue Cat Audio has announced updates for 5 of its most recent plug-ins: the DP Meter Pro audio levels meter, FreqAnalyst Multi multiple tracks spectrum analyzer, Oscilloscope Multi multiple tracks waveform visualizer, StereoScope Multi multiple tracks stereo field analyzer and Protector zero latency brickwall limiter.
These updates mainly address an issue with the AAX version and Pro Tools 10.3.5 on Windows, and bring additional fixes and enhancements for each plug-in on both Mac and PC.
Changes in the plug-ins
- Fixed AAX version not showing up in Pro Tools 10.3.5 on Windows.
- Fixed user interface issues in Final Cut Pro X.
- Fixed compare light issues in Pro Tools.
- Fixed MIDI and automation settings that were reset when using undo.
- RTAS: Fixed parameters control with EUCON control surfaces in Pro Tools.
- AAX: Fixed initialization issues on some Pro Tools HD configurations.
- Mac-VST: Fixed window resize issues on Cubase and Nuendo (Mac).
- Mac: Fixed user interface display issues when first opened in Ableton Live 9.
- Mac: Control MIDI settings dialog is now brought back to front when already opened in the background.
- Mac: fixed copy/paste keyboard shortcuts for plug-in registration that did not work in some hosts.
- Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Multi: Pushing all parameters to other instances does not push the stereo configuration anymore.
The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
, effect plugins
, multi fx
Posted in news
on May 15, 2013
Loomer has updated the Sequent modular multi-effects unit to version 1.3.11.
Sequent has seven individual effect blocks: a Beat Looper; two Filters, both switchable between lowpass, bandpass, and highpass modes and capable of self oscillation even without an audio input; an oversampled Distortion unit; a Gate with variable depth and slew; a Panner; and a Delay unit capable of sub millisecond delay times, great for creating everything for from dub, slapback, and bouncing ball style echoes, to metallic comb filters or flanger effects.
Changes in Sequent v1.3.11
- (fix: Mac OS X) Cables between effect modules can now be removed using a single button mouse.
- (fix: Mac OS X) Fixed issue which could cause Sequent to be skipped by Kore or Maschine’s plug-in scan.
- (fix: Mac OS X Audio Unit) Space key-presses will now always be passed through to Logic, ensuring that Logic’s transport can be started and stopped.
- (fix: Mac OS X) Gatekeeper signed installers now install correctly on Mac OS X 10.5.
- (improvement: Windows) The 32-bit and 64-bit VST plug-ins are now installed as separate components. You can choose which one(s) to install, as well as selecting different install folders for each architecture.
- (fix: Mac OS X Audio Unit) Fixed issue which caused Reaper to host new instances of Sequent as a mono plug-in.
- (fix: Mac OS X Audio Unit) Fixed minor memory leak in parameter names.
- (improvement) Clearer UI fonts in various places.
- (improvement: Linux) Presets and configuration files are now located to comply with the XDG Base Directory Specification. Older installations will still use any existing preset library location to maintain backwards compatibility.
Sequent for Windows, Mac and Linux is available to purchase for £49 GBP.
More information: Loomer / Sequent
Martinic has updated its Combo Model V and Combo Model F organ combo plug-ins to version 1.3.0 and 1.2.0 respectively.
Changes in Combo Model V/F
- Added reverb.
- Added guitar cabinet simulation.
- Added extend vibrato speed range switch.
- Added prompt for file when loading/saving MIDI map.
- Added load default tuning.
- Added mouse wheel support to on/off switches.
Both combo organ plug-ins are available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) free of charge.
More information: Martinic
XILS-lab has announced XILS V+, an instrument plug-in that combines a Vintage 10 band Vocoder, Supreme Top Octave Divider based Strings and Human Voices, or any sophisticated layering of these three elements.
From a very long time, this wonderful and versatile machine was used by a lot of well know artists and musicians, from a long time now, it is waiting by a lot of computer user to be part of their sound arsenal.
Don’t wait any more, XILS-lab finely emulated the Top Octave Divider Oscillator, the strings and human voice filter, the wonderful Ensemble (chorus) circuitry and last be least the 10 bands vocoder. How close XILS-lab did ? juts judge by yourself seeing the A/B comparison video, listening to the various Audio demo.
Not only emulating the original machine, the XILS V+ offers you much more : some hidden parameters are now avalable for the user, three built-in effects (Stereo Space, Reverb, Phaser) and tone of modulation possibilities are also providing for a huge sound possibilities and character.
The XILS V+ emulation of the Roland Vocoder VP-330 Plus.
XILS V+ features
- One finely tweak and emulated Top Octave Divider aliasing free oscillator, providing up to 49 voices of polyphony.
- One strings section.
- One human voices section.
- One 10 bands vocoder.
- A virtual keyboard which can be saved in your presets.
- An Advance Stereo Space effect.
- A simple but nice sounding reverb.
- A Ananlog like resonant Phaser.
- Up to 6 free assignable modulation dots, with up to 11 sources and 23 destinations.
- A special Glide function.
- A finely tweak analog-like pitch tracker.
- Access to a lot of parameters which its hardware model kept secret under the roof.
- All parameters are MIDI controllable.
XILS V+ for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) will be available to purchase on May 25th, 2013, for 149 EUR.
More information: XILS-lab / XILS V+
Ample Sound has announced the releases of the Ample Guitar M Lite, a free virtual guitar instrument.
Amplesound.net releases “Ample Guitar M LITE” Acoustic Guitar Instrument for Win & Mac VST, AU & RTAS
Bring Martin D-41 Guitar sound to your studio
Ample Guitar M Lite features
- Size: 682 MB.
- Samples: 668 samples
- Sample Rate: 16bit 44.1khz
- Fret Limit: 0 – 4th fret
- Playing Style(sample bank): Finger
- Sample Cycle: Maximum 2
- Techniques Sustain: Sustain, Hammer On & Pull Off, Palm Mute, Popping 5 techniques
- Sound Mode: 1 Stereo
- Customized chord: 6
- Strummer Humanization: 1
- Strummer SEQ: 4
- FXs: Reverb, Stereo Delay 2 FXs
The Ample Guitar M Lite is available to download at no cost (VST/AU/RTAS).
More information: Ample Sound / Ample Guitar M Lite
, Camel Audio
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, multi fx
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on May 08, 2013
Plugin Boutique has launched an exclusive promotion on Camel Audio’s CamelPhat phattening multi-effect and the CamelSpace rhythmic multi-effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
CamelPhat is the ultimate phattening processor! A powerful ‘colouring’ multi-effect that’s been specially engineered to work wonders on guitar, bass and drums, adding warmth, punch and presence wherever they’re required.
Prepare to be entranced! CamelSpace can take any sound you throw at it, be it a pad, a synth line or a drum loop, and generate a dizzying array of dynamically-evolving, gated rhythmic textures.
Both plug-ins are available from Plugin Boutique at a 25% discount until June 6th, 2013.
More information: Plugin Boutique