DMG Audio has launched Dualism, a stereo control and analysis effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Dualism is a complete toolkit for stereo work, featuring a comprehensive audio visualisation suite.
Used as a final stage in mastering and monitor control, and at the top and bottom of every channel, Dualism ensures absolute stereo mastery.
- Fully equipped stereo toolkit.
- Input section for A/Bs, signal correction and gain structuring.
- Stereo processing section with Width, Mid->Side and Side->Mid.
- Extensive suite of visualisation options.
- Windows VST, VST3 and AAX as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit.
- Mac VST, VST3, AU and AAX as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit.
Dualism is available for purchase for the introductory price of £165 GBP until August 15th, 2014 (regular £175 GBP).
More information: DMG Audio / Dualism
SoundToys has released version 4.4.2 of its audio effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
The update includes 64-bit support for the Speed tempo and pitch control plug-in.
This update corrects some minor issues, enhances some features, improves stability with all supported host applications, and is for our full product line.
Changes in v4.4.2
- 64-bit Speed for Logic X.
- Tighter MIDI lock for all plug-ins with MIDI sync.
- AAX is now 64-bit only. RTAS provides 32-bit Pro Tools support.
- Fixes issues with AudioSuite versions.
- Fixes issues with Preset Manager graphics in certain situations.
- Fixes an issue that may cause a crash in certain situations during session recall in Pro Tools.
- Fixes an issue that may cause an error message when recalling settings in Pro Tools 11.
- Little PrimalTap now supports RTAS on Windows.
The free update is now available for all current registered SoundToys V4 users.
More information: SoundToys
Scuffham Amps has released version 2.4 of S-Gear, a collection of guitar amps, speaker cabinets and effects for Windows and Mac.
S-Gear 2.4 includes the new Custom ’57 amp, an updated ProConvolver offering new cabinet models, updated impulse loader & several other improvements.
The Custom ’57 is the new amp in S-GEAR and is inspired by the favourite Tweed amps from the late ’50s. The control line-up is very simple and dialling in great vintage tones is effortless and fun.
In the speaker emulation section we’ve re-worked the ProConvolver interface with a new layout to improve usability and workflow. The first ‘in-house’ cabinet models include the popular EVM-12L and G12-65 speakers, as well as a Tweed Deluxe cabinet loaded with Celestion and Weber Alnico speakers making a great match for the Custom ’57.
A complete rework of the impulse response import process allows you to drag and drop multiple impulses to S-GEAR. It is now super-easy to import an entire set of Redwirez impulses.
S-Gear for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $99 USD (excluding sales tax/VAT).
More information: Scuffham Amps / S-Gear
New Sonic Arts has released version 1.5 of Nuance, the creative sampler instrument for Windows and Mac.
Nuance 1.5 delivers a wealth of improvements and new features. Most notable are the additions of Multiple Groups and the Pad View.
The Group Manager allows the creation of multi-instruments and key-split setups, plus enhanced layering for both instruments and drums.
Furthermore, Nuance now sports 8 x Stereo Outputs, with the option to set the output for each Group or Layer.
To celebrate the release, Nuance is available for 49 EUR / $49 USD until the end of July, 2014. A demo is also available to download from the product pages.
More information: New Sonic Arts / Nuance
Mystery Islands has released version 2.0.0 rc1 of the JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian plug-in for Mac OS X.
Version 2.0.0 rc1 is early release candidate demo to hunt down any bugs you may encounter while using it. Please note revised user manual which is included with the installer and check it thru to learn more about the plug-in :) You can also download the manual from our product page.
This update is already included with the new orders. We are looking forward to your comments about the update and we will email our loyal customers with the rc1 installer later.
Changes in JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian v2.0 rc1
Request current patch from selected slot to librarian.
- Request all patches from selected bank to librarian.
- Store currently selected patch from librarian to hardware.
- Store current patch bank from librarian to hardware.
- Request temp performance data to librarian.
- Request current performance from selected slot to librarian.
- Request all performance data from selected bank to librarian.
- Store currently selected performance data from librarian to hardware.
- Store current performance bank from librarian to hardware.
- Load any MIDI / sysex patch or performance bank to librarian.
- Browse performance & patch banks within plugin librarian.
- Load currently selected performance data to plugin memory.
- Load currently selected performance bank to plugin memory.
- Load selected single patch to selected performance slot (upper / lower).
- Organize performance data in librarian and save a new performance bank to hard drive.
- Organize patch data in librarian and save a new patch bank to hard drive.
- Option to scroll thru hardware programs without sending performance / patch data to hardware.
- View & edit upper / lower part patch name.
- View & edit upper / lower part velocity sensitivity levels.
- View & edit upper / lower part control assign sensitivity levels.
- More knobs & buttons now reacts to hardware knob / button movements.
- Select performance MIDI channel.
- Select remote kbd MIDI channel.
- Old preset format replaced with Standard MIDI file format.
JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 50 EUR.
More information: Mystery Islands / JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian
MeldaProduction has updated all its effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac to version 8.04.
8.04 provides several improvements, optimizations and fixes. It is recommended to install this update. It is necessary to use the newest installer from our download page.
Changes in v8.04
- Improved performance on Mac OS X.
- Improved visual response of metering systems, mainly sonograms.
- Improved preset window layout.
- Added switch to show loudness maximum to all loudness meters (right click on the maximum field to get the menu).
- Loudness meters now store settings.
- Improved ADSR editor.
- Fix: Hacked ProTools bug, which makes the host freeze when the style wizard has been shown during startup.
- Fix: A crash could occur in some rare circumstances when a progress window has been displayed.
- Fix: Custom ADSR attack/release editor sometimes behaved incorrectly.
- Fix: Signal generator transformation harmonics didn’t update immediately.
- Fix: Meters may not get initialized right after opening the projects when non-default settings have been saved.
- Fix: MMultiAnalyzer doesn’t allow tab popups now as these are/were dysfunctional.
- Fix: MComb and MMultiBandComb weren’t loading & randomizing individual filters.
- Fix: Removed several potential bottlenecks, that could cause lags with low-latency processing.
More information: MeldaProduction
Reveal Sound has released version 1.0.17 of its Spire synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Spire is a software polyphonic synthesizer that combines powerful sound engine modulation and flexible architecture, a graphical interface provides unparalleled usability. Spire is the embodiment of the best opportunities, both software and hardware synthesizers.
Changes in Spire v1.0.17
- Fixed: Logic X crashes.
- Fixed: Program change when Spire window is closed.
- Fixed: Compatibility with old hosts (Cubase SX3, Sonar 8).
- Fixed: Some small improvements.
Spire synthesizer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 139 EUR/$189 USD incl. VAT.
More information: Reveal Sound