Acon Digital has announced the release of Verberate, an algorithmic reverb effect plug-in that simulates real acoustical surroundings with a new degree of realism.
Several conventional building blocks in traditional digital reverb design have been replaced by novel methods that allow Verberate to produce convincing early reflections and the dense reverberation tails that characterize impulse response measurements of real acoustical spaces. The result is a clean, unobtrusive sonic quality and a reverb that blends seamlessly into a mix.
This is the reverb for those who like clean and realistic reverbs like convolution reverbs, but are in need of more flexibility and tweaking possibilities without sacrificing realism. An additional bonus is the reduced CPU usage compared to convolution reverbs.
- Independent early reflections and reverberation tail processors.
- True stereo processing.
- Realistic early reflections that blend into the mix without unpleasant comb filter effects.
- Very dense late reverberation tails with little coloration due to proprietary methods.
- Uncluttered user interface.
- Graphical visualization of equalizer frequency response and frequency dependent reverberation times.
- Preset manager and a large number of factory presets.
- Save, load and categorize user presets.
Verberate for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $99.90 USD.
More information: Acon Digital / Verberate
ToneBooster has announced TB BusCompressor, a compressor effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
TB BusCompressor is a very transparent, all-round dynamics processor designed to be able to handle everything from single tracks to complex, full mixes. Even with ultra-short attack and release settings, harmonic distortion is extremely low (often better than -150 dB re FS*), and CPU load is typically below 0.5% (depending on hardware).
Besides the conventional controls for threshold, ratio, attack and release, TB BusCompressor features a variable soft knee, a dry/wet mixer for New York / parallel compression, a dedicated ‘upward compression’ mode, and an auto-release mode. Furthermore, the amount of bass fed into the side chain / level detector can be adjusted as well in a dedicated ‘expert settings’ menu.
TB BusCompressor features
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 up to 192 kHz.
- Transparent compressor suitable for a wide range of audio material.
- Auto-release mode, and variable ‘dynamic release’ operation.
- Upward and downward compression modes.
- New York style / parallel compression supported by integrated dry/wet mixer.
- Very light on the CPU.
- Visual indication of effective compressor curve, including effect of dry/wet mixing.
TB BusCompressor for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 19.95 EUR.
ToneBooster has also updates all plug-ins for version 3.0.
Changes in ToneBooster 3.0
- All plugins
- Complete GUI redesigns.
- Variety of bug fixes, optimizations, improvements.
- Major improvement on how plugin parameters are mapped onto automation data and external controllers.
- Option to manually enter parameter values by right-click on rotary controls.
- Added mouse-wheel functionality to drop-down menus.
- Improved host automation for all X/Y editors.
- Autosaturation replaced by intelligent multi-band limiter.
- Lookahead now expressed in ms.
- 33% reduction in latency.
- CPU load reduction on OSX (VST+AU).
- Complete redesign of saturation module, giving much smoother sound.
- Removed certain gimmicks (tape stop, noise reduction).
- Lost presets are recovered.
- Latency reduced to just 4 samples due to true analog emulation.
- Aprox 15% CPU load reduction.
- BusCompressor – Release of all new, low-complexity, high-quality compressor.
- Equalizer – Added several new filter types (notch filter, bandpass filter, Pultec-style shelving filters).
- Enabled continuous change of (re)sampling rate.
- Addition of analog saturation module (with drive and mix controls).
- TimeMachine is now part of the TrackEssentials bundle.
- FlX / FlX4
- Approximately 30% CPU load reduction on OSX (VST+AU).
- Improved GUI responsiveness.
- EBULoudness – Increase in GUI refresh rate for smoother metering.
- Ferox/Omnisone/Module/EZQ/IsoneSurround/HumRemover/XYTool – These guys are enjoying their retirement.
More information: ToneBoosters
Tone2 has announced the release of Nemesis, a synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Nemesis takes FM synthesis to its next evolutionary step: NeoFM synthesis. NeoFM is an exclusive new and improved approach to FM synthesis that is extremely powerful and intuitive.
Nemesis includes traditional FM synthesis as well as a completely new and improved approach to FM called NeoFM synthesis.
It is now easier than ever to get very good sounding results.The sound quality of Nemesis surpasses conventional synths, making it easy to locate the sonic sweet spot. Nemesis features an easy-to-use interface, which ensures that you will experience FM synthesis at its best and most entertaining.
- Unrivaled sound quality.
- Offers a new and user-friendly approach to FM synthesis. Nemesis makes FM synthesis accessible to everyone, regardless of skill level or experience.
- Easy to tweak presets or program your own sounds with.
- NeoFM covers all important aspects of traditional FM synthesis, but is in no way limited only to bell-style sounds. It offers a very large sonic range, one that is much more varied than other FM synths.
- Due to its innovative technical approach, neoFM does not suffer from a metallic sound or from the weaknesses of conventional FM.
- No fewer than 22 combinable synthesis types. Nemesis expands FM with further synthesis methods such as Additive, Formant, Wavetables, Waveshaping, Phase distortion, Sync and Reso synthesis.
- Contains 1000 inspiring patches from professional designers.
- Unique signature sound.
- Nemesis features a large number of exclusive sounds that are not possible with other synthesizers.
- Perfect for modern, as well as all other music styles.
- Wave import, resynthesis and the additive spectral editor offer unlimited sonic possibilities.
- True 4x stereo unison.
- An extensive number of high-end quality effects, with flexible and innovative routing options.
- Trancegate with an extensive selection of setup options.
- High-End sound quality with low demands on your CPU.
- Powerful, easy-to-use arpeggiator.
Nemesis for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 149 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Tone2 / Nemesis
Synapse Audio has launched its Black Friday Sale, offering a 28% discount on the DUNE synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac for a limited time.
DUNE is Synapse Audio’s flagship VST/AU synthesizer developed for the needs of professional music producers.
- New technology: Differential Unison Engine
- Subtractive/VA, FM and Wavetable Synthesis
- Deep Modulation Matrix for complex sounds
- Unique, innovative Arpeggiator
- 32-bit and 64-bit, OS X and Windows
DUNE is available to purchase for $99 USD until December 4th, 2013 (regular $139 USD).
More information: Synapse Audio / DUNE
Sonic Academy has released Kick, a drum synthesizer instrument in collaboration with DJ and producer Nicky Romero.
Kick is kick drum synthesizer that allows a user to create kick drums and tune them to their tracks. It combines a synthesised sub oscillator and sampled clicks to create a wide variety of kick drums, percussive and bass sounds. With Pitch, Amp and Click envelope editors, drive, pitch control and the Nicky Romero designed distortion section, there is plenty to tweak.
With over 150 factory presets and 40 exclusive Nicky Romero presets a user can access a Protocol sound right out of the box. In addition Kick comes bundled with 32 Nicky Romero clicks lifted straight from his productions. Other features include on board EQ, sub drive, distortion section and a internal master limiter allowing the user to drive the kicks without worrying about their kick channel.
Kick is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP/$39.95 USD/€29.95 EUR. Sonic Academy subscribers can purchase at 10% discount.
More information: Sonic Academy / Kick