Waves has announced the release of Vitamin, a sonic enhancer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Vitamin is a multiband harmonic enhancer that can make any track sound powerful and full of spark by mixing an enriched version with the original signal.
No matter what you use it on, Vitamin opens up the sound in a way that truly complements and enhances your mixes, ensuring they get all the nutrients they need.
- Parallel multiband harmonic enhancer with five individual bands.
- Control over the crossover frequency points between bands.
- Control over the mix of the direct signal with the enhanced version.
- Per-band stereo width control.
- Punch control for smoothing or accentuating punchiness and dynamics.
- Zero-latency processing.
Vitamin is available for the introductory price of $99 USD (Native) / $149 USD (Soundgrid).
More information: Waves / Vitamin
Ohm Force has announced that the Minimonsta synthesizer instrument by GForce Software is 50% off for a limited time.
As you may already know the Ohm & G Forces occasionnaly team up to deliver unique emulations of cult classic analog instruments. Minimonsta is the perfect illustration of this: all the care and expertise from the GForce’s chaps driving the project while we ohmies brought code and some typicall Ohm features.
If you ever wished an ultra faithful Model – D emulation with ADSR / LFO / Midi mod curve per parameter and Melohman preset morphing octave ala Symtpohm / Ohmicide packed with a few presets (6000), this is your day. As with most of our plugins we’re glad to say that this one had both press and VIP support.
Exceptionnally priced 50% off at £69.99 inc VAT ($95.00/€85 approx,) the offer runs for a strictly limited period from Tuesday 8th April until Tuesday 15th April, 2014.
More information: GForce Software / Minimonsta
Audiffex has released version 2.1.0 of its GK Amplification amp and speaker effect plug-in, which now includes 64-bit versions and VST3 and AAX support.
GK Amplification plug-in includes exact models of Gallien-Krueger amps and speakers. All the functions of the original amps (Bi-Amp, filters) are available. All controls do the same as their hardware counterparts.
Changes in GK Amplification v2.1.0
- 64-bit plug-in versions added.
- VST3 and AAX plug-in formats added.
- User presets handling improved for better portability.
- GUI functionality improved.
- Standalone version is completely rewritten and includes metronome, recorder and advanced audio file player.
The new versions are available for immediate download.
More information: Audiffex / GK Amplification
Softube has released version 2.1.6 of the Console 1 software for Mac OS X, including CPU optimizations and bug fixes.
Current owners of Softube plug-ins, in particular Console 1 owners, are advised to download and install the new software version. The update includes improvements and bug fixes, mainly for Console 1 but also slight CPU improvements to the entire Softube product line.
Changes in v2.1.6
- Updated with GUI bug fixes. Fixes problems with line breaks in dialogs, and affects track meters.
- Console 1 OSD: Changed help texts in All mode, changed ugly-looking ellipsis in Group text.
- Console 1 OSD: The left (instead) of right meter is used in mono mode. Looks better that way.
- Console 1 OSD: Curves filtering now as fast as the rest of the GUI.
- Apply pre-2.1.6 Console 1 overhead optimizations to other plug-ins.
- Summit Audio EQF-100: Implement curve display for Console 1.
- Console 1: Fix bug where switching between running a plug-in in mono and stereo would not update mono/stereo state in OSD correctly.
- Console 1: Fix Pro Tools compare button bugs when comparing against Factory Default setting.
- Optimizations in parameter handling, sidechain overhead, bypass overhead, VST 2 interface overhead, and some DSP code.
- Code cleanups.
- Console 1 SSL 4000 Dynamic Shaper: Correct stereo merge bug, optimize.
- Console 1: Optimize overhead when sections are turned off.
- FET Compressor/Tonelux Tilt/Tonelux Tilt Live: Apply various optimizations from Console 1.
- [2.1.5] Console 1: Fix Filters to Compressor and External Sidechain to Compressor bug.
- [2.1.5] Console 1 plug-in: Fix a small memory leak.
- [2.1.4] All plug-ins: Fix a possible crash when multiple plug-in windows for a single plug-in type are open at the same time and one of them is closed.
- [2.1.4] Console 1 OSD: Fix a small memory leak.
- [2.1.3] Console 1: Fix a bug relating to shape meter, compressor meter, and audio malfunctions in some situations when running at other sample frequencies than 44.1 kHz in certain DAWs.
- [2.1.3] Console 1: Turn off All when going out of Load Strip/Shape/EQ/Compressor or History mode.
The new software version is now available to download from Softube.
More information: Softube
Humanoid Sound Systems has announced the release of Enzyme Player, a free version of the Enzyme synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The plugin contains the complete synthesis engine from our acclaimed Enzyme synth, which has won awards for its innovative design and sound, and has all the essentials for music creation (access to all of the parameters, and the saving of presets is available with the full version).
The synth uses a unique combination of wavetable and physical modeling synthesis to create rich, dynamic musical timbres. Hybrid Scanned / FM synthesis is also on offer for even more sonic possibilities.
Enzyme Player for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is a free download.
More information: Humanoid Sound System / Enzyme Player
XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS 3 v2.0, an updated version of its authentic-sounding software emulation of the vintage EMS VCS3 portable analogue synthesizer.
The XILS 3 V2.0 not only emulates the Synthi (VCS 3) modular synthesizer, it also adds an emulation of the 256 Analog Sequencer, the natural companion of the VCS 3.
Is that all? No, of course, we added a SECOND Matrix, with 2 additional envelopes, one LFO, a detailed Sample and Hold module, and a Voltage processor…
And some input modules : Gate, Transient, Envelope Follower and Pitch Tracker to transform the XILS 3 into an advanced Effect Processor! This means hundreds of additional connections. Add to the pile the analog chorus with its three modes, the analog delay and the phaser… the picture emerges.
XILS 3 v2.0 features
- 6 Oscillators grouped in 3 pairs, with WaveShaping (on sine wave, saw, triangle and square).
- 1 Noise Oscillator (With Noise color).
- 1 Analog Filter, Non Linear and zero delay Behaviors, with 3 Modes (12/18/24 dB LowPass).
- 3 Trapezoidal Envelope Generators, Looping EG in the time of analog (Switchable to ADSR).
- 2 Polyphonic LFOs (including 1 Oscillator acting as LFO at audiorate).
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator.
- 2 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter.
- Programmable Joystick Vector Controller (up to 32+32 modulation targets).
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines, Slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker, Envelope Follower, Transient, Gate, Sample & Hold Modules.
- Chorus, Delay, Spring Reverb.
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6), Polyphonic and mono Portamento/Glissando/Legato, 2 different Keyboard Scaling, Polyphonic Aftertouch and VCA handling.
- Hundreds of presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers.
- Preset Database Engine (Find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags).
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections.
- Instrument or Effect plug-in.
XILS 3 is available for purchase for the introductory price of 120 EUR until May 1st, 2014 (regular 149 EUR). The XILISTICS sound bank for XILS 3 with 160-plus presets (25 EUR value) is included with this offer. XILS 3 requires eLicenser or iLok.
More information: XILS-lab / XILS 3
Future Audio Workshop has released version 1.1.5 of Circle, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
With the latest release of Circle, we are finally happy to announce that we are 64 Bit ready on both OSX and Windows. This latest release is hot out of beta testing and ready for use in your music. Thanks to everyone for your patience while we prepared this release.
Changes in Circle v1.1.5
- Font renderings now fully retina.
- Main Analog Modelled Filter Algorithm’s have improved sound quality.
- Stability issues in Ableton Live on OS X have been solved.
- Windows installer now allows for optional 32-bit & 64-bit installation.
- Activation issues on Windows have been fixed.
- Many more under the interface improvements of which there are too many to mention, all helping to make Circle more stable and smooth running on OS X and Windows.
Circle is available for purchase for $69 USD / 49 EUR.
More information: Future Audio Workshop / Circle
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Versilian Studios
Posted in news
on Apr 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Versilian Studios has announced the release of Timpani, VS Upright No. 1 and VS Chamber Orchestra, three new virtual instruments.
Kontakt version of Versilian Studio’s Timpani virtual instrument.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- Timpani: Extensively sampled Timpani (Wholetone sampling; 4-6x RR, 5 Velocity Layers, stereo). Available for Kontakt and also as a VSTi/AU. Price $15 USD.
- VS Upright No. 1: Medium-sized sampled upright piano ideal for sketches (3 velocity layers, 2x RR, sampled in tritones to reduce size). Available as a VSTi/AU. Free or donation.
- VS Chamber Orchestra: Very light selection of orchestral and wind ensemble instruments ideal for beginner composers (featuring concert flute, clarinet, bassoon, F horn, trumpet, tenor bone, bass bone, tubular bells, xylophone, glockenspiel, timpani, large percussion section, harp, piano, solo violin, and violin section, all using accurate ranges). Free or donation.
Versilian Studios has also ported a number of its previously released products to the Kontakt format.
- Dan Tranh: Vietnamese pentatonic zither that uses metal strings.
- Tubular Bells: Suspended chimes used to emulate church bells in orchestral music.
- Glockenspiel: Deep-sampled chime-like mallet instrument.
- Handchimes: Strange cross between a hand-bell and a tuning fork.
More information: Versilian Studios