DopeKitz has announced Rupture Lite, a free lightweight 16 track virtual drum machine for Windows and Mac.
With Rupture you can easily pick your kit, mix, and create all in one place. You can even bus out individual instrument groups to individual channels with select expansions.
Rupture Lite features
- Includes 5 Free fully functional Drum Kits: West Coast RPT, Tribeca, Ever 1da, Crunk’d 2.5, Danger Drumz.
- Fully expandable via Rupture Expansion Packs.
- 16 individual tracks with faders so you can mix your drums right inside the plugin.
- Supports semi-scripted Sounds.
- Both Mac OS X & Windows compatible.
- Available in VST & AU formats.
Rupture Lite is a free download. Expansion packs are available starting at $7.99 USD.
More information: DopeKitz / Rupture Lite
zplane.development has released version 3.2.0 of PPMulator, a peak programme meter plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PPMulator is a cross-platform plug-in meter for digital audio workstations which exactly mimics the look and feel of a professional broadcast Peak Programme Meter (PPM).
This plugin provides a precisely calibrated workspace for recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
Changes in PPMulator v3.2.0 features
- Ability to customize the loudness meter (e.g. ranges and colours).
- Admin mode with password protection for the preference panel.
- Switchable, second range for true-peak scale (-48 dbTP .. +3 dbTP).
- Several bug fixes.
PPMulator is available for purchase for 79 EUR (PPMulator+) / 119 EUR (PPMulatorXL). The update is free for all existing customers and can be downloaded from the user accounts.
More information: zplane / PPMulator
SKnote has announced the release of STA-limit, a tube compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Simple, powerful and characterful. With its high dynamic range and special compression behaviour, it is a must for a lot of track or buss processing.
- Mono/stereo or dual mono modes (dual mono enhances stereo image).
- 8x oversampling.
- Designed to achieve a rich, dynamic “in your face” sound.
- “Extra” unit.
- Sidechain filters (low and high, boost and cut).
- Mid/Side compression (acts on a part of the stereo signal).
- Wet/dry mix, no phase/time issues.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for $29.99 USD.
More information: SKnote / STA-limit
Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced the release of Electra2, a major upgrade to its ElectraX synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Electra2 offers a large range of new features and enhancements. Like a comfortable patch browser to give you an instant overview of all available categories and sounds.
16 new effects, a sample editor, Physical Modeling synthesis, 5 new filter types, enhanced sound quality, improved user interface and a huge number of further enhancements.
Electra2 breathes new life into the term “synthesizer workstation”. With its powerful and sonically versatile approach to audio production, it provides you with truly outstanding new sounds. Electra2 is ready for any type of music you play!
New in Electra2
- Over 700 additional patches with over 1500 sounds.
- Completely reworked all factory sounds.
- Comfortable patch browser.
- Sample editor.
- Physical modeling synthesis.
- 16 new effects.
- 5 new filters.
- 236 additional waveforms.
- Enhanced sound quality.
- New graphics.
- Better user interface.
- Enhanced performance.
- A huge number of further new features and enhancements.
- Electra2 is downward compatible with the previous version.
Electra2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 149 EUR/$189 USD.
ElectraX users can upgrade for 79 EUR/$89 USD, and Electra2 is also available as part of the new Electra2 Big Bundle (incl. wavetable expansion + 9 soundsets) for 299 EUR/$399 USD. Prices incl. VAT.
More information: Tone2 / Electra2
Sinevibes has launched Atom, a free filter effect plug-in for Mac.
Atom is a filter with focus on dynamic, tempo-synchronised modulation. It features five different resonant filter types each with three slope settings – up to super-steep -48 dB/octave. But what makes it special is its two modulators which feature multiple waveforms and run at rates from 1/128 note to 16 bars. Thanks to the chaos function which randomises the amplitude of each modulator cycle, as well as lag switch that smoothens the waveform curves, Atom allows you to easily create lively, elaborate filter effects that work perfectly for pretty much any kind of input source.
Atom is also the first Sinevibes plugin to feature a new interface design language that cleanly presents internal components and logical or audio connections between them. With immediate response and no menus to get lost in, Atom is a simple yet delightful tool that you will surely use a lot.
- Multi-mode filter with five types and –12/24/48 dB/octave slope steepness.
- Dual modulators with eight waveforms, per-cycle chaos function and shape lag on/off switch.
- Advanced transport sync algorithm with support for tempo and time signature automation.
- Extensive use of OS X Core Animation and Accelerate frameworks for hardware-accelerated graphics and audio processing.
Atom is a free download for Mac OS X 10.6 or later (32/64 bit AU).
More information: Sinevibes / Atom
Tek’it Audio has released version 1.2 of Winkl, a free distortion effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Winkl is a free foldback distortion for VST2, VST3 and Audio Unit plug-in formats.
Winkl is not a subtle distortion, this is well suited for bass and leads, made to make scream your sounds.
This update comes with two distortion modes, one with the original sound and one called “Bass DR” coming from Winkl version 1.1, well suited for bass and dark sounds.
Changes in Winkl v1.2
- Solved a bug on Mac OS X in Logic Pro X.
- Added v1.0 distortion sound by default.
- Added v1.1 distortion available via a switch.
- Reduced CPU use.
Winkl for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download at no charge.
More information: Tek’it Audio / Winkl
eaReckon has announced the release of TransReckon, a transient processor effect plug-in that will help you to add punch to your drum lines or put some instruments forward (or backward) the easy way.
TransReckon provides ‘Length’ and ‘Sensitivity’ controls, a ‘Listen’ mode, a ‘Flat Sustain’ option and an integrated brickwall limiter.
These options help to go further with the transient processing process. They can be used to reduce artefacts when processing specific instruments (guitars, …) but they also offer creative possibilities (gate and “pre-delay” effects on a natural reverb).
While it is possible to process transients with classic dynamics effects, these rely on a defined threshold which is set manually depending on the incoming signal. A transient processor like TransReckon does not depend on the level of the incoming signal.
- Add punch to your drums and percussive instruments.
- Add life to your mixes.
- Isolate the prominent elements of an existing loop.
- Give more presence to an acoustic guitar or tame the peaks produced by an enthusiastic rhythm guitarist.
- Add a gate effect to a natural reverb and/or simulate a pre-delay effect on it.
- Tweak the envelope of an electronic drum sound.
- … be creative.
The plug-in is available for the introductory price of 39 EUR until July 22nd, 2014 (regular 59 EUR).
More information: eaReckon / TransReckon