Audio Damage has announced the release of its Æverb Eurorack reverb module.
Audio Damage Æverb is a digital reverb running a feedback delay network algorithm (commonly called “FDN”). The algorithm consists of eight short delays running through eight low-pass filters, with the feedback paths summed in to a single source that provides both the output to the mix and the input to the delays themselves.
This type of reverb algorithm is generally considered “vintage” sounding, and is useful in electronic music for its thick, non-realistic behavior.
The Æverb module is available from Audio Damage’s preferred retail partners, priced at $189 USD / 179 EUR.
More information: Audio Damage / Æverb
Audio Damage has launched a Spring Sale, offering a 40% discount on its plug-ins for a limited time.
The annual Audio Damage Spring Sale is now rolling! Use the code EASTERPIG at check-out for 40% off your entire order, including bundles*. Visit the Audio Damage store now! Sale runs until Thursday, April 24th, at Midnight PST (GMT -8).
*Doesn’t include hardware items, sorry! Only plug-ins.
The sale ends April 24th, 2014.
More information: Audio Damage
Audio Damage has released version 1.2.0 of Tattoo, the drum & percussion synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
With twelve voices inspired by the famous X0X series of analog drum machines and an internal sequencer that is second to none, Tattoo makes an excellent addition to the arsenal for any electronic music producer.
Changes in Tattoo v1.2.0
- Fix for a graphics bug that was causing crashes when the UI was opened in Logic X and Bitwig Studio (and possibly other OS X hosts).
- DRM removed.
- Digitally signed installers.
Tattoo for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $59 USD.
More information: Audio Damage / Tattoo
Audio Damage has released updates of its DubStation bucket-brigade style delay and Eos multi-algorithm reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Changes in DubStation v1.5.3
- Minor updates to graphics in user interface.
- Mono->mono and mono->stereo modes added to AudioUnit version.
- DRM removed from plug-in and installer.
- Installers are now digitally signed for a more secure experience. This version of Dubstation is “sandbox-safe,” and will work in any sandboxed host on OS X.
Changes in Eos v1.1.1
- Mono->mono and mono->stereo modes added to AudioUnit.
- .aupreset files added to appropriate place so that they may be browsed by hosts that can’t load factory AU presets (Live, DP).
- DRM removed from installers and plug-ins.
- Installers digitally signed.
- Minor graphics update for better legibility.
DubStation and Eos are available to purchase for $39 USD / $49 USD respectively.
More information: Audio Damage
Audio Damage has released Freqshift, a full-featured frequency shifter Eurorack module.
Freqshift is a digital recreation of the analog frequency shifter modules of decades long gone.
Unlike the more common pitch shifter, which raises or lower the pitch of a sound by some ratio (such as an octave or a fifth), frequency shifters add a specific frequency ( 321Hz, for example) to the signal and all of its harmonics. This alters the timbre of the sound in a manner unlike other familiar effects processors.
Freqshift replaces complex analog circuitry with calibration-free digital processing, delivering a frequency shifter in a compact, flexible, but economically priced Eurorack module.
Freqshift is available to purchase from Audio Damage’s exclusive retail partners, priced at $189 USD.
More information: Audio Damage / Freqshift
Audio Damage has announced its Blue Monday Sale, offering a 40% discount on its products.
Our annual Blue Monday Sale is now active! Use the code HOWDOESITFEEL at check-out for 40% off your entire order*, including bundles. This is the biggest discount we’ve ever had, and you can take advantage of our brief fit of insanity. Visit theAudio Damage store now!
*excluding hardware products, sorry! Our agreements with the retailers that carry our hardware products preclude this sort of crazy behavior.
The sale ends December 2nd, 2013.
More information: Audio Damage
Audio Damage has announced the release of DubJr, Grainshift and Errorbox, three Eurorack modules.
After two years of R&D (a sentence fragment that in no way conveys the experience we’ve just been through), and coincidentally during the week of Audio Damage’s tenth anniversary, we have succeeded in releasing a hardware platform for our DSP effects, and are ludicrously proud to unveil the first three Audio Damage hardware products: DubJr, Grainshift, and Errorbox.
Audio Damage Eurorack modules
- ADM01 DubJr is the delay from Dubstation, in a pint-sized Eurorack modular format, for your knob-twisting pleasure.
- ADM02 Grainshift is a real-time granular pitch-shifter and chaos effect for the Eurorack modular format. From simple smooth micro-tuned pitch shifting and chorus effects on up to full metal granular chaos, Grainshift is a versatile module, easy to use and fun to have.
- ADM03 Errorbox is just like any other tool-kit utility module, except that in this tool-kit, all the tools are chainsaws and rabid badgers. Includes a sample rate reducer, bit rate reducer, and ERR algorithm (as found in the Kombinat Dva plug-in).
The modules are available to purchase via Audio Damage’s retail partners for $179 USD each (currently exclusively at Analogue Haven).
More information: Audio Damage / Eurorack modules
, Audio Damage
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 04, 2013 - 0 comments
Audio Damage has announced the release of Mangleverb, a new multi effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
What happens when you combine a thick reverb, a filter, an envelope follower, an LFO, and a VCA? We wanted to know. The results are surprisingly useful. Mangleverb can be used as a filter, reverb, transient shaper, rhythmic gate, LPF gate, tempo-synced VCA, and any combination thereof. It is, for all intents and purposes, a Swiss Army Knife, for both wild sonic destruction and more utilitarian production work.
Mangleverb is audio damage’s newest multi-effect plug-in for sonic troublemakers.
- Simple-to-use algorithmic reverb that can be either pre- or post-filter/VCA.
- A monster resonant filter model with lowpass, bandpass, and highpass modes, and a drive circuit for gritty distortion.
- Sophisticated tempo-synced LFO with waveshaper to create all common (and some uncommon) modulation shapes.
- Envelope follower with internal, LFO, sidechain input, and MIDI trigger modes.
- Feedback path and modulated VCA for final signal taming.
Mangleverb for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Audio Damage / Mangleverb