Steinberg has announced WaveLab 8.5, a purchasable point update for the award-winning audio editing and mastering software.
Available from June, WaveLab 8.5 includes new and easy file conversion and batch processing, A/B comparison between encoding formats, AAC encoder implementation and convenient multi-format rendering.
“This update marks an important step forward for the eighth iteration of WaveLab, focusing this round on encoding and processing audio files in a most efficient way,” said Timo Wildenhain, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
The new automated Watch Folder rendering feature applies processing to all audio files drag-and-dropped into designated folders. Users can now assign tasks, such as dithering, normalization, plug-in rendering and audio file format conversion, to any number of Watch Folders without having WaveLab open. Putting a big emphasis on working with codecs, WaveLab 8.5 sports the new Encoder Checker plug-in for real-time comparison of codecs and settings, with an FFT graph allowing for a precise analysis of the compressed sound quality. WaveLab now also supports encoding to the AAC file format to ensure compatibility with iTunes and related Apple hardware. Introducing new multi-format rendering capabilities facilitates exporting files to various formats simultaneously, and with much more ease than in previous versions.
The WaveLab 8.5 full retail version will be available from June 2014 as boxed version from authorized Steinberg resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price is 549 EUR, including German VAT.
The WaveLab 8.5 update from WaveLab 8 plus further updates and upgrades will also be available from June 2014 as download through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price for the WaveLab 8.5 update from WaveLab 8 is 49.99 EUR, including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / WaveLab 8.5
Sony Creative Software has launched version 2.0 of its Sound Forge Pro audio editing software for Mac.
Generate flawless audio files with Sound Forge™ Pro Mac. New features include in-depth metering utilities, top-tier vocal processing, and the freestanding Convrt™ Batch Processing Automation Tool.
Seamless integration with SpectraLayers™ Pro 2 provides the finishing touch, delivering the ultimate in waveform and spectral editing program integration. Employ Sound Forge Pro Mac in your studio workstream and open smooth new pathways to audio excellence in OS X.
Changes in Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.0
- Convert Batch Processing Automation Tool. A freestanding utility for mass file format conversions, plug-in signal and effects processing treatments, and file metadata attachments including art. Convrt can handle repetitive chores in the background while recording and editing audio in the Sound Forge Pro Mac workspace.
- Interoperability with SpectraLayers Pro 2.1. Transfer audio data between Sound Forge Pro Mac and SpectraLayers Pro and experience the thrill of working freely across the world’s premiere waveform and spectral editing applications.
- iZotope Nectar Elements. The included Nectar Elements plug-in makes vocal treatment a snap. Get great results quickly by loading one of Nectar’s professionally designed Style presets and then customizing your sound by adjusting dedicated controls.
- Loudness Meters. Win the volume war with new metering options. EBU R128/CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering helps you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
- Event Mode Improvements. Convert regions to events, lock event markers, region markers, and envelope points to events, and automatically ripple successive events forward in time while editing.
- FLAC file format support. Generate files in this popular lossless format that features space-saving compression and comprehensive metadata-handling capabilities.
- Auto Trim/Crop tool. Automatically remove unnecessary silence in a sound file while fading the edges of program segments in and out with user-controlled fade lengths.
Sony has also updated its SpectraLayers Pro software application for audio spectrum editing to version 2.1.
The SpectraLayers Pro 2.1 update features seamless interoperability with Sound Forge Pro Mac 2, an efficient reverb removal process, an improved noise reduction algorithm, expanded noise removal process options, and user interface improvements that make this update a must have.
Take advantage of the power of SpectraLayers Pro and enjoy full integration with the entire Sound Forge Pro line on both Mac and PC platforms.
Sound Forge Pro 2 for Mac is available to purchase for $299.95 USD; SpectraLayers Pro costs $399.95 USD. Both are bundled in the Audio Master Suite for $499.95 USD.
More information: Sony Creative Software
The Wavosaur audio editor for Windows has been updated to version 188.8.131.52, now available in 64-bit for Windows.
Wavosaur is now available as 32 bit application AND 64 bit application !
The 64 bit version runs natively on 64 bit Windows system, like Windows 7 and Windows 8, this means Wavosaur can adress more RAM. And of course can run 64 bit VST plugins.
Changes in Wavosaur v184.108.40.206
- 64 bit version: Wavosaur now runs natively on 64 bit Windows systems, and load 64 bit VST plugins, the 32 bit version of Wavosaur is also available.
- VST Host bugfix: fixed bug with “input pin”, it was causing “Izotope” VST plugins to stop working.
Wavosaur for Windows is available to download free of charge.
More information: Wavosaur
Steinberg has announced the release of WaveLab 8.0.3, a maintenance update for its WaveLab 8 and WaveLab Elements 8 mastering solutions.
The new update provides many improvements in areas such as loudness measurement, audio montage, plug-ins, user interface and key commands.
The update also adds compatibilty to cocoa-based plug-ins and includes an updated version of Voxengo CurveEQ.
The update is available as a free download from the Steinberg support website.
More information: Steinberg / WaveLab
n-Track has announced the release of its n-Track Studio multitrack recording app for Android.
n-Track Studio for Android turns your phone or tablet into a recording studio.
n-Track Studio is an audio multitrack recorder that turns your device into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio tracks, mix them during playback and add effects. You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed “on the fly” during playback. Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or compressed format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD. You can also export the song in multitrack .sng format and open it with the desktop (Mac and Windows) version of n-Track.
n-Track Studio features
- Record with the builtin mic or line input.
- Never miss a beat with the built-in metronome.
- Unlimited tracks (the max number of tracks depends only on the device capabilities).
- EQ with Spectrum analyzer and Sonogram.
- Import existing wave songs and clips.
- Automate track volumes using envelopes.
- Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Am p and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel (8 effects pack available as in-app purchase).
n-Track for Android is available to purchase for $6.99 USD / 5.99 EUR.
More information: n-Track
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 12, 2013 - 1 comment
iZotope has announced the release of its RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced complete audio repair suite.
Rescue your audio from the cutting room floor! With remedies for noise, clipping, hum, buzz, crackles, and more, RX 3 is the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market. Used everywhere from Hollywood post production studios to leading sound editing facilities, iZotope RX™ 3 transforms troubled recordings into professional-grade material.
RX 3 Advanced extends the standard version of RX 3 with new, specialized features designed for audio professionals in post production, music production, and mastering. Remove unwanted reverb, sculpt and define dialogue in real time, and much more.
RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced are available to purchase for the introductory price of $249 USD and $749 USD respectively, trough September 27th. Registered users of RX 1 or RX 2 can upgrade to RX 3 for a special discount.
More information: iZotope / RX 3
Oscillicious has announced the release of version 1.4 of BeatCleaver, a major update to the beat slicer for Windows and Mac. New features include a state-of-the-art audio editing engine, automatic tempo detection, and slice-to-MIDI functionality.
BeatCleaver is a sampling audio editor for chopping beats, recordings, and songs. An intuitive design and fluid interface create a fast, frustration-free workflow for sampling and editing audio. With time-stretching and drag export just one click away, BeatCleaver makes music sampling easier than ever before.
The groundbreaking new RapidEdit™ audio engine takes an innovative new approach to audio editing for a more fluid editing experience. BeatCleaver can now apply and layer edits and effects with instant, tweakable results visualized by the waveform. The days of waiting for rendering and repeatedly undoing effects just to get them right are over – Even fades and normalization can be adjusted in real-time. Combined with the existing slicing and time-stretching capabilities of BeatCleaver, musicians now have a better tool than ever before for remixing drum loops and sampling music.
BeatCleaver 1.4 also introduces automatic tempo detection combined with an integrated time-stretching toolbar for quicker pitch and time adjustments. Musicians can also now export slice timing to a MIDI file as notes (groove extraction) and reconstruct beats later in a DAW.
Changes in BeatCleaver v1.4
- Audio Editing, using a new state-of-the-art engine for real-time audio editing and effects (watch the video).
- Automatic tempo (BPM) detection.
- Easier time-stretching controls.
- Slice-to-MIDI functionality.
BeatCleaver is available to purchase for $79 USD / 59 EUR / £54 GBP.
More information: Oscillicious / BeatCleaver
iZotope has announced RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced, a new version of the audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac.
With the new RX 3, iZotope brings you the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market.
With cutting-edge tools like Dereverb and a real-time Dialogue Denoiser, plus enhanced workflows and a redesigned UI, RX 3 rescues troubled audio with unprecedented power and precision.
RX 3 features
- Work up to six times faster thanks to under-the-hood processing enhancements and a redesigned user interface.
- Remove or reduce reverb from vocals, instruments and more using the revolutionary Dereverb module in RX 3 Advanced.
- Clean up dialogue on the fly with RX 3 Advanced’s all-new Dialogue Denoiser—the new audio standard for real-time dialogue treatment.
- Use both your eyes and your ears to identify and fix problems within a spectral audio editor.
- Never lose an edit again with the unlimited Undo history, saved automatically with audio data into the new RX document format.
RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced are scheduled for release in September, 2013.
More information: iZotope / RX 3