Single Cell Software has announced the release of Caustic Editor for Volca Sample, a free utility for Korg’s Volca Sample users.
Christmas comes early for Volca Sample owners.
KORG were nice enough to open up their volca sample SDK to 3rd parties so I took a few days to rip out Caustic’s WAV editor and turn it into a stand-alone, multi-platform tool that lets you import, load, record, edit and upload samples for use with your KORG Volca Sample device.
It was taken from my Caustic 3.2 working branch, so it even has a few more functions than what’s in Caustic 3.1!
The editor is available as a free download for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android (an iOS build has been submitted to the Apple Store and is awaiting approval).
More information: Single Cell / Caustic Editor for Volca Sample
Steinberg has released version 1.8.3 of Cubasis, a sequencer app for iOS.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. You can also open your Cubasis projects in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8.3
- Implements latest Audiobus SDK (v2.1.5).
- MediaBay folders remember their state.
- Loading times of projects (subsequent loads) and undo/redo times have been greatly improved.
- Inserting Cubasis as input and output in Audiobus now works as expected again.
- Fixes a problem where triggering Cubasis with specific hardware controllers could lead to hanging and missing notes.
- Fixes an issue where the use of sustain led to hanging notes.
- Deleted audio events will now be restored correctly when performing Undo or project renaming tasks.
- Solves a critical issue where performing Undo on an edited audio file could result in data loss.
- Fixes a problem where trimmed audio events could not be restored to their original state.
- Cycle playback in audio editor now works as expected.
- Changing the locator position in the audio editor no longer results in start of playback.
- Fixes a rare issue where the playback in the audio editor could be started twice simultaneously.
- Playhead located in audio editor remains in its current position once playback has been stopped.
- Fixes a graphical issue that appeared at maximum magnification in the audio editor.
- The audio editor’s rewind button no longer triggers a playhead preview sound.
- Fixes a problem where selecting no instrument on an audio track renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Dropping files from the MediaBay onto frozen tracks is no longer possible.
- Fixes a problem where file renaming with special characters (such as emoticons) could lead to missing audio files.
- Undo steps remain available once a project has been renamed.
- Fixes a rare problem where no audio event is created after audio has been recorded.
- Glueing MIDI parts no longer restores hidden events.
- Switching from bars to seconds and performing zoom and scroll gestures no longer leads to fade out of the audio editor ruler labels.
- Several In-App help iOS 8 improvements.
- Scrolling the In-App help content on devices with iOS 8 now works as expected.
- Fixes an intermittent issue on devices with iOS 8 where the home button of the In-App help became non-functional.
- Fixes a rare problem where the Audiobus panel remained empty (app icons and controls were missing).
- AudioCopy rendered Cubasis unreliable.
- Use of Undo/redo lead in some cases to loss of audio file data.
- A problem with the positioning of automation events has been solved.
- Help typo correction.
The app is available for purchase for $49.99 USD.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
Steinberg has released version 6.5.35 of Nuendo, the audio post-production software.
Besides extensive product maintenance for the AAF import and export filter as well as new AAF functionality, this update provides full support for PROXIMITY, the upcoming game audio surround technology by IOSONO/Barco.
PROXIMITY game audio technology
IOSONO PROXIMITY is a new audio technology standard that “raises the gaming experience to the next level of realism”. PROXIMITY ensures a highly accurate localization of game sounds by bringing sound effects and dialog into the inner circle of a surround field. Sounds come closer with depth, extending into the room from the speakers all the way to the listener’s position. For sound designers, PROXIMITY is a powerful new tool in their content creation toolbox, realizing great effects with only little effort. Through the integration into Nuendo, PROXIMITY technology seamlessly slips into existing workflows for game sound design.
Fully integrated with Nuendo 6.5.35
Nuendo 6.5.35 provides full support for the PROXIMITY technology by updating the integrated surround panner Anymix Pro to the Anymix Pro PROXIMITY version. As soon as Anymix Pro is used with a PROXIMITY bus inside Nuendo, it turns into a command center for PROXIMITY game sound production by offering PROXIMITY effects and control parameters.
More information: Steinberg / PROXIMITY
Audiofile Engineering has announced Loop Editor 2, an update to the simple loop editing tool for Mac OS X.
Loop Editor is the perfect replacement for Apple Loops Utility. It supports all audio file formats that support loop points: AIFF Apple Loops, compressed & uncompressed CAF (AIFF, AAC & Apple Lossless) Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV, W64 and ACID. Additionally, Loop Editor supports forward, forward-backward, and backward looping. Loop Editor is one of the only applications available which supports sustain and release loops.
Loop Editor 2 allows you to view, add, edit and export Slices. It also supports advanced property editing capabilities such as the “Genre” and “Descriptors” properties for Apple Loops files. For those of you that work with Propellerhead Reason and ReCycle, we have included our ReCycle Converter tool which converts ReCycle REX & RX2 files for use in Loop Editor.
The most important addition to Loop Editor 2 is full support for AppleScript. AppleScript makes Loop Editor even more powerful
by allowing you to automate complex workflows and simplify the process of working with large numbers of files.
Loop Editor 2 for Mac is available for purchase for $29.99 USD for a limited time (regular $49.99 USD).
More information: Audiofile Engineering / Loop Editor 2
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 12, 2014 - 0 comments
iZotope has announced the release of RX 4, the next generation of its industry-standard audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac.
iZotope’s award-winning software transforms flawed audio into pristine, usable material by removing noises, distortions, reverb, and other common audio problems. RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced incorporate significant new workflow-optimizing functionality, leaving more time for creativity in audio and video editing. For anyone in audio post production, broadcast, dialogue editing and mixing, independent filmmaking, or music production, RX 4 can make poorly recorded audio intelligible and ready for primetime.
RX 4 Advanced is the result of iZotope’s collaboration with working professionals to identify new ways of improving workflows. They’ve translated these insights into technologies that address common needs and reflect the way people naturally want to work. New features in RX 4 move beyond audio repair—letting professionals enhance their audio.
“Audio quality is a significant concern for media workflows worldwide, spanning professionals in film and TV post production to music mixing and mastering,” says Rob D’Amico, Senior Product Manager for iZotope. “iZotope has developed an audio solution that is equally valuable in the music recording studio, post production suite, on the film set, or in your home editing setup.”
RX 4 enables users to significantly speed up their workflow through the addition of new intelligent modules, time-saving features, and deeper levels of integration with their host.
Changes in RX 4 features
- Clip Gain: Easily adjust and balance the volume of vocals and instruments with this new non-destructive editing feature.
- Dialogue Denoiser: Reduce distracting background noise from dialogue and vocals in real time (now a standard feature with both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced).
- RX Connect: Streamline the editing process with a round-trip workflow compatible with industry-standard hosts.
For audio professionals in post production, music production, and mastering, RX 4 Advanced boasts additional time-saving features.
- Leveler: Automatically balance the volume of a mix, freeing more time for creative mix decisions.
- Ambience Match: Match the environment noise or room tone of two different audio recordings with ease.
- EQ Match: Ensure a consistent-sounding mix by matching multiple recordings with varying sonic profiles.
- Loudness: Process whole program mixes or segments to comply with international industry standards and network-specific guidelines.
RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced are available for purchase for the introductory price of $299 USD and $999 USD respectively, through September 25th, 2014 (regular $349 USD/$1199 USD). Users of previous RX versions can log in to their iZotope accounts for upgrade information and special upgrade pricing.
Customers who purchase RX 3 or RX 3 Advanced after July 1, 2014 will receive a free upgrade.
More information: iZotope / RX 4
More posts that match this tag
iZotope announced RX4 and RX4 Advanced, a new version of the audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac. iZotope’s Emmy Award-winning RX software is the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market. … read more
Outbound link: iZotope
– Related: AAX
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Aug 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Steinberg has released Nuendo 6.5, the latest version of its post and audio production software which includes a significant amount of professional tools and functionality, such as enhanced loudness processing, bass frequency management and a … read more
Steinberg has released version 8.5.10 of WaveLab, adding several improvements in areas such as plug-ins, user interface and audio montage. This maintenance update introduces the following improvements: The performance of the Loop Tweaker function has … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of WaveLab 8.5, an update to its audio editing and mastering suite for Windows and Mac. WaveLab 8.5, the latest generation of the ultimate audio editing and mastering suite, is … read more
Steinberg has announced the forthcoming release of Nuendo 6.5, an update to its post-production software. Making its first appearance at next week’s PALM Expo in Beijing, China, and showcased alongside Yamaha’s Nuage system, Nuendo 6.5 … read more
Steinberg has announced WaveLab 8.5, a purchasable point update for the award-winning audio editing and mastering software. Available from June, WaveLab 8.5 includes new and easy file conversion and batch processing, A/B comparison between encoding … read more
Sony Creative Software has launched version 2.0 of its Sound Forge Pro audio editing software for Mac. Generate flawless audio files with Sound Forge™ Pro Mac. New features include in-depth metering utilities, top-tier vocal processing, … read more
The Wavosaur audio editor for Windows has been updated to version 184.108.40.206, now available in 64-bit for Windows. Wavosaur is now available as 32 bit application AND 64 bit application ! The 64 bit version … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of WaveLab 8.0.3, a maintenance update for its WaveLab 8 and WaveLab Elements 8 mastering solutions. The new update provides many improvements in areas such as loudness measurement, audio montage, … read more
n-Track has announced the release of its n-Track Studio multitrack recording app for Android. n-Track Studio for Android turns your phone or tablet into a recording studio. n-Track Studio is an audio multitrack recorder that … read more
iZotope has announced the release of its RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced complete audio repair suite. Rescue your audio from the cutting room floor! With remedies for noise, clipping, hum, buzz, crackles, and more, … read more
Outbound link: iZotope
/ RX 3
– Related: AAX
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 12, 2013 - 1 comment
Oscillicious has announced the release of version 1.4 of BeatCleaver, a major update to the beat slicer for Windows and Mac. New features include a state-of-the-art audio editing engine, automatic tempo detection, and slice-to-MIDI functionality. … read more
iZotope has announced RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced, a new version of the audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac. With the new RX 3, iZotope brings you the most robust and best-sounding audio … read more
Sony Creative Software has announced upgrades for its Sound Forge Pro and SpectraLayers Pro audio editing software. Sound Forge Pro is the application of choice for a generation of editors, comprising a solid platform with … read more
Steinberg has announced version 8.0.2 of WaveLab, an extensive maintenance update to the production environment for mastering, audio editing and restoration. Version 8.0.2 resolves more than 35 issues related workspaces, plug-ins and editing. Also included … read more