The Wavosaur audio editor for Windows has been updated to version 188.8.131.52, now available in 64-bit for Windows.
Wavosaur is now available as 32 bit application AND 64 bit application !
The 64 bit version runs natively on 64 bit Windows system, like Windows 7 and Windows 8, this means Wavosaur can adress more RAM. And of course can run 64 bit VST plugins.
Changes in Wavosaur v184.108.40.206
- 64 bit version: Wavosaur now runs natively on 64 bit Windows systems, and load 64 bit VST plugins, the 32 bit version of Wavosaur is also available.
- VST Host bugfix: fixed bug with “input pin”, it was causing “Izotope” VST plugins to stop working.
Wavosaur for Windows is available to download free of charge.
More information: Wavosaur
Steinberg has announced the release of WaveLab 8.0.3, a maintenance update for its WaveLab 8 and WaveLab Elements 8 mastering solutions.
The new update provides many improvements in areas such as loudness measurement, audio montage, plug-ins, user interface and key commands.
The update also adds compatibilty to cocoa-based plug-ins and includes an updated version of Voxengo CurveEQ.
The update is available as a free download from the Steinberg support website.
More information: Steinberg / WaveLab
n-Track has announced the release of its n-Track Studio multitrack recording app for Android.
n-Track Studio for Android turns your phone or tablet into a recording studio.
n-Track Studio is an audio multitrack recorder that turns your device into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio tracks, mix them during playback and add effects. You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed “on the fly” during playback. Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or compressed format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD. You can also export the song in multitrack .sng format and open it with the desktop (Mac and Windows) version of n-Track.
n-Track Studio features
- Record with the builtin mic or line input.
- Never miss a beat with the built-in metronome.
- Unlimited tracks (the max number of tracks depends only on the device capabilities).
- EQ with Spectrum analyzer and Sonogram.
- Import existing wave songs and clips.
- Automate track volumes using envelopes.
- Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Am p and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel (8 effects pack available as in-app purchase).
n-Track for Android is available to purchase for $6.99 USD / 5.99 EUR.
More information: n-Track
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 12, 2013 - 1 comment
iZotope has announced the release of its RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced complete audio repair suite.
Rescue your audio from the cutting room floor! With remedies for noise, clipping, hum, buzz, crackles, and more, RX 3 is the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market. Used everywhere from Hollywood post production studios to leading sound editing facilities, iZotope RX™ 3 transforms troubled recordings into professional-grade material.
RX 3 Advanced extends the standard version of RX 3 with new, specialized features designed for audio professionals in post production, music production, and mastering. Remove unwanted reverb, sculpt and define dialogue in real time, and much more.
RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced are available to purchase for the introductory price of $249 USD and $749 USD respectively, trough September 27th. Registered users of RX 1 or RX 2 can upgrade to RX 3 for a special discount.
More information: iZotope / RX 3
Oscillicious has announced the release of version 1.4 of BeatCleaver, a major update to the beat slicer for Windows and Mac. New features include a state-of-the-art audio editing engine, automatic tempo detection, and slice-to-MIDI functionality.
BeatCleaver is a sampling audio editor for chopping beats, recordings, and songs. An intuitive design and fluid interface create a fast, frustration-free workflow for sampling and editing audio. With time-stretching and drag export just one click away, BeatCleaver makes music sampling easier than ever before.
The groundbreaking new RapidEdit™ audio engine takes an innovative new approach to audio editing for a more fluid editing experience. BeatCleaver can now apply and layer edits and effects with instant, tweakable results visualized by the waveform. The days of waiting for rendering and repeatedly undoing effects just to get them right are over – Even fades and normalization can be adjusted in real-time. Combined with the existing slicing and time-stretching capabilities of BeatCleaver, musicians now have a better tool than ever before for remixing drum loops and sampling music.
BeatCleaver 1.4 also introduces automatic tempo detection combined with an integrated time-stretching toolbar for quicker pitch and time adjustments. Musicians can also now export slice timing to a MIDI file as notes (groove extraction) and reconstruct beats later in a DAW.
Changes in BeatCleaver v1.4
- Audio Editing, using a new state-of-the-art engine for real-time audio editing and effects (watch the video).
- Automatic tempo (BPM) detection.
- Easier time-stretching controls.
- Slice-to-MIDI functionality.
BeatCleaver is available to purchase for $79 USD / 59 EUR / £54 GBP.
More information: Oscillicious / BeatCleaver
iZotope has announced RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced, a new version of the audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac.
With the new RX 3, iZotope brings you the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market.
With cutting-edge tools like Dereverb and a real-time Dialogue Denoiser, plus enhanced workflows and a redesigned UI, RX 3 rescues troubled audio with unprecedented power and precision.
RX 3 features
- Work up to six times faster thanks to under-the-hood processing enhancements and a redesigned user interface.
- Remove or reduce reverb from vocals, instruments and more using the revolutionary Dereverb module in RX 3 Advanced.
- Clean up dialogue on the fly with RX 3 Advanced’s all-new Dialogue Denoiser—the new audio standard for real-time dialogue treatment.
- Use both your eyes and your ears to identify and fix problems within a spectral audio editor.
- Never lose an edit again with the unlimited Undo history, saved automatically with audio data into the new RX document format.
RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced are scheduled for release in September, 2013.
More information: iZotope / RX 3
Sony Creative Software has announced upgrades for its Sound Forge Pro and SpectraLayers Pro audio editing software.
Sound Forge Pro is the application of choice for a generation of editors, comprising a solid platform with an array of options that have enjoyed a continuous evolution since the birth of audio recording on the PC. The new edition introduces more efficient recording and processing workflows and new signal and effects processing plug-ins for crafting broadcast-ready audio masters. Upgrading the revolutionary editing application, SpectraLayers Pro 2 stands at the forefront of the audio spectrum editing movement. Working with audio in the spectral realm is now even quicker and easier, with a faster processing engine and a host of new tools, methodologies and user interface improvements.
While Sound Forge Pro 11 and SpectraLayers Pro 2 are standalone applications, both are now configured to work seamlessly with each other, providing a comprehensive editing environment that combines deep waveform and spectrum editing capabilities.
“Sound Forge Pro 11 and SpectraLayers Pro 2 have arrived together in the form of a perfect pair, unified with systems for easy audio data transfer capabilities, resulting in a truly integrated solution for working freely across the waveform and spectral paradigms,” said Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. “Sound Forge Pro users can now enjoy a very straightforward punch-and-roll recording process, as well as a host of new plug-ins that can be accessed and controlled directly in the workspace. Our legion of SpectraLayers Pro users will enjoy the new performance gains we’ve put under the hood while inventing fresh ways to implement the new sound shaping features on board.”
Changes in Sound Forge Pro 11
- One-Touch Recording: Sound Forge Pro 11 features a completely redesigned recording interface that keeps you anchored in the workspace at all times while you shape and monitor incoming audio, arm and record takes, review work, and prepare for the next pass.
- CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering: New metering features help you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
- New Plug-in Chain Interface: Direct workspace access to every element of the plug-in processing environment.
- Includes iZotope® Nectar® Elements plug-in (a $129 value): High end voice processing plug-in with style presets in genres like rock, pop, folk, soul, and voiceover & dialogue.
- New Restore and Repair Tools by iZotope: New in this edition: Declipper, Denoiser, Declicker.
- New Waveform Display Options: More than just a simple strip that displays your exact location, this feature also serves as an excellent navigation and auditioning tool.
- Input Bus Effects: Set the mood for your talent by sweetening your source signal with plug-in effects.
- Broadcast Wave File Format Enhancements: Supports BEXT BWF version 2.0, iXML, and includes autofill and verification options as well as automatic repair of BWF data.
Changes in SpectraLayers Pro 2
- Significantly Enhanced Performance: Enjoy faster spectral graph explorations in any scenario.
- Spectral Casting / Molding: Cast the frequency signature of one layer over that of another to derive a derivative layer that can be phase-inverted to create free spectral space for hard-to-distinguish sounds to occupy in a mix. Try a spectral alternative to typical side-chain/ducking processes, or tap this feature’s creative potential for incredible sound design possibilities.
- Shape Tool: Perfect for extracting drum sounds, simply point at a shape on the spectral graph and click to pull your hits over to a target layer.
- Frequency Range Display Options: Display frequency ranges plotted on your choice of logarithmic scales.
- One-Click Noise Extraction: A new one-click command executes your custom noiseprint over the target layer’s entire spectral expanse.
- Looping: Define a time range and engage looped playback to audition full-spectrum selections as well as frequency bandwidth-limited selections.
- New Resampling and Remixing Options: Freely define, route, and mix channels during the resampling process.
- Retina Ready: Peer deeper into the spectral graph while taking advantage of your Retina display equipped MacBook Pro.
Sound Forge Pro 11 for Windows costs MSRP $499.95 USD, SpectraLayers Pro 2 for Windows and Mac is MSRP $399.95 USD. Both are bundled in the Audio Master Suite package for MSRP $849.95 USD.
More information: Sony Creative Software