Propellerhead Software has updated ReCycle, a creative tool for total sample and loop control.
ReCycle 2.2 is a free update that brings is 64-bit compatibility, is Mac OS X Lion compatible, and has a new look and some workflow improvements.
Changes in ReCycle v2.2
- The program is now compatible with 64 bit operating systems.
- ReCyle 2.2 is also a true Cocoa program under Mac OS and fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. ReCycle 2.2 requires a Mac with an Intel processor. PowerPC is no longer supported.
- The main window has been graphically redesigned, including new zooming and scrolling. Scrolling is smoother and you can now zoom in further. Some redundant controls have been removed and others added.
- When exporting AIFF and Wave files, Record/Reason-style tempo information is now included in the file. Also, when importing audio files created in Record or Reason, the tempo information in those files is used for setting tempo and length in ReCycle.
- The Waveform now indicates graphically what sound will be played back, by dimming silent sections.
- You can now use the Q, W, E and R keys to select tools.
- The max length of audio files you can edit in ReCycle is no longer limited to five minutes.
- New online help on Mac and Windows.
- The Preference dialog has been streamlined and updated.
- Open Recent (documents) is now a sub-menu on Mac OS.
- The status bar has been removed.
- We have removed support for the Sound Designer II, Mixman and SampleCell formats since these are all outdated.
- The authorization system and copy protection has been changed, reducing the risk of having to reauthorize the program.
- Installation under Mac OS is now drag and drop (no installer).
ReCycle for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 229 EUR. The 2.2 update is now available to download for registered users.
More information: Propellerhead Software / ReCycle
Related: audio editor
Posted in news
on Sep 20, 2011
Steinberg has announced the release of the Steinberg Elements Pack, a bundle comprising Cubase Elements 6 and WaveLab Elements 7, providing all the essential tools that make recording, editing, mixing and mastering music on a PC and Mac computer a rewarding experience.
Cubase Elements 6 features 33 audio effect processors, including Pitch Correct for correcting vocal intonation automatically. With its Groove Agent ONE for producing beats and rhythms as well as the Prologue synthesizer and HALion Sonic SE, Cubase Elements 6 has more than 550 instruments and sounds to supercharge the user’s creativity.
WaveLab Elements 7 comes with an array of VST 3 plug-ins such as StudioEQ and VST Dynamics, superbly complemented by a premium restoration suite by Sonnox, consisting of DeNoiser, DeBuzzer and DeClicker. Also new in the entry-level version of WaveLab are the burning engine and its extensive podcast functionalities.
The Steinberg Elements Pack is available until the end of this year as download and boxed version through the Steinberg Online Shop, for a suggested retail price of 149 EUR including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / Elements Pack
Related: audio editor
Posted in news
on Sep 08, 2011
Steinberg has announced that its Steinberg LE Pack SAE Edition is available as welcome profile package for more than 1,600 first-semester students of 26 SAE Institutes across Europe.
The pack comprises light editions of the Cubase 6 music production software and WaveLab 7 audio editing software.
“It is eminently important to us that our students learn the established methods and tools of trade. Steinberg’s software most certainly falls into that category. We are therefore pleased that our audio engineer students now receive the Steinberg LE Pack SAE Edition here in Europe. Especially Cubase, with its many flexible tools, is suitable for the different working methods and helps our students make good use of their creativity in the production process, right from the start,” commented Rüdi Grieme, director of operations for SAE Europe.
“Steinberg greatly appreciates this cooperation with an important — if not the most important — institution educating in new creative technologies,” remarked Frank Simmerlein, director of marketing at Steinberg.
Cubase LE 6 features
- Based on the award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine, the Cubase LE 6 music production software supports up to 24 MIDI tracks, eight instrument tracks, 16 audio tracks and eight physical inputs simultaneously in 24-bit and 96 kHz audio quality.
- Boasting the HALion Sonic SE workstation instrument with full GM compatibility and over 180 instrument presets, Cubase LE 6 offers an array of audio and MIDI recording, editing and mixing tools plus 16 effect processors.
- Other highlights include score editing, real-time pitch-shifting and time-stretching capabilities, the MediaBay content management tool and the Project Assistant with dozens of templates for quick and easy setup.
WaveLab LE 7 features
- With up to 96 kHz sample rate and 32-bit resolution, the 2-track WaveLab LE 7 audio editing and mastering tool provides a range of audio plug-ins based on the latest version of Virtual Studio Technology (VST).
- Its flexible window architecture allows the user to reorganize the windows for efficient usability.
- Also available in WaveLab LE 7 are extensive podcast and publishing options plus an audio CD grabbing tool for extracting audio tracks from music CDs to many popular formats.
On October 13–14, 2011, Steinberg is exhibiting its latest products at the seventh SAE Alumni Convention at the SAE Berlin.
Steinberg LE Pack SAE Edition is available in the SAE Profile Packs for first-semester students of the SAE in 26 institutions across Europe. An upgrade from the Steinberg LE Pack SAE Edition to Cubase Elements 6 and WaveLab Elements 7 is available in Europe through the SAE student store for EUR 49 including German VAT. Pricing may vary for other countries.
More information: Steinberg
Related: audio editor
, Kenaxis Creative
, sample player
Posted in news
on Aug 29, 2011
Kenaxis Creative has updated the Mac version of Kenaxis, a real-time audio performance application.
KENAXIS the new crossroads of: composition and free improvisation, inspiration and innovation, live performance and your sound library, chaos and control
Changes in Kenaxis v3.3
- Added Multitrack Record: This is very useful if you want to remix material you create while using Kenaxis. You can now create separate stereo files for each of the Kenaxis objects such as the Klangs, Granulators and Freeze when recording.
- SoftStep Support: If you own a Keith McMillen SoftStep, Kenaxis is now optimized to use it. It’s set up to use the LEDs and display on the SoftStep so that not only is the SoftStep an input device but it shows the status of Kenaxis as well.
- Sync Klangs 2-5 to Klang 1: You can now automatically sync live loop recordings done in Klangs 2-6 to the length of your loop in Klang 1.
- New manual that covers all of the additions to Kenaxis (Check it out for more information on the new additions).
- Value Randomizer Prefs added to customize how a random impulse works (Command E).
- Fixed Kenaxis Visualizer link.
- Fixed System Prefs bugs.
Kenaxis is available to purchase for lowered price of $49 USD. An update for Kenaxis on Windows PC will be available soon.
More information: Kenaxis
Yudo has announced the launch of its new musical application Rectools Unlimited, the first application M.T.R (Multi-Track Recorder) in the world that is able to play simultaneously tracks without quantity limitation.
Yudo inc, specialized in sound recording software, has designed Rectools Unlimited, a Linear PCM Recorder application for professionals and has decided to sell it all around the world via the AppStore of iTunes.
Rectools Unlimited that has been launched today gathers all Yudo’s audio techniques together to make Multi-Track Recorder application on iPhone that can even surpass specialized recorders by musical instrument makers.
The strong points of Rectools Unlimited are to provide with a high quality stereo sound recording (when the micro of the device is used, the recording will be monaural), comparable to a CD 44.Khz/16Bit sound quality, and to play simultaneously more than 100 channels (theoretically 500 channels). Furthermore, it is possible to edit recorded waveforms easily by using the touch panel.
Rectools Unlimited for iOS is available to purchase for $39.99 USD.
More information: Yudo / Rectools Unlimited
Related: audio editor
Posted in news
on Aug 05, 2011
Cockos has released Reaper 4, a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment for Windows and Mac.
REAPER updates are evolutionary, not revolutionary. REAPER 4 is not a radically new experience from REAPER 3, but adds a number of useful new features, ease of use improvements, and even more of that legendary REAPER customizability.
Changes in Reaper 4
- Tweak, correct, and mangle audio with pitch envelopes, which can be applied to individual media items.
- Create fully automated surround mixes with multichannel track metering and the highly flexible ReaSurround plug-in. Apply rotations, transformations, and diffusions, and even automate the positions of the speakers themselves.
- Batch rendering wildcards provide sound designers with unprecedented flexibility when generating sound files in bulk.
- Manage project media and FX with the Project Bay, where you can collect, organize, and edit a list of resources that you are using, or might use, for different types of projects.
- More Customizable – Arrange REAPER’s windows and toolbars in multiple dockers, redefine your mouse behavior with mouse modifiers, and use the new WALTER layout template engine to create flexible custom layouts for track/transport/mixer GUI elements.
- Take comping is more predictable, with takes remaining aligned by recording pass, even after splitting and deleting errors.
- Previewing and inserting media is easier, because you can highlight, loop, and insert subsections of media files.
- Switch between different MIDI clips more easily in the MIDI editor. Pool MIDI items so that editing one item edits all pooled copies. Define scales and chords for quickly painting runs and arpeggios.
- Check the changelog for full details: What’s new
Reaper 4 is available to purchase for $225 USD (full commercial license) / $60 USD (discounted license).
More information: Reaper
, audio editor
Posted in news
on Jul 26, 2011
PreSonus has released version 1.6.5 of Studio One, the music creation and production software for Windows and Mac.
Artists of all levels, from beginner to seasoned professional, will find Studio One a serious alternative to the intimidating, bloated offerings currently considered the standards. It’s a groundbreaking music creation and production application for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista/7 that makes audio recording, MIDI sequencing, and audio mastering ridiculously simple right out of the box.
Changes in Studio One Pro and Artist v1.6.5
- OSX Lion compatibility.
- French program translation.
- Spanish program translation.
- Zero Latency indicator and audio buffer size display on Start Page.
- [OSX] Drag and Drop from file browser to plugin not working. Fixed.
- Sustain automation not played back correctly on loop. Fixed.
- Crash with 2 Fire Studio devices. Fixed.
- [Win] 176.4 KHz not supported on TC Near and RME. Fixed.
- [Analog Delay] High cut filter not working when low cut turned off. Fixed.
- Crash in File Browser when trying to drag on other tab. Fixed.
- External instrument bounce not working. Fixed.
- Pitch numbers in Drum Map editor off by 1. Fixed.
Studio One is available to purchase for $399 USD (Pro) / $199 USD (Artist), prices excl. VAT.
More information: PreSonus / Studio One
Sensomusic has released version 5.7 of Usine, a universal audio software especially designed for live or studio utilization.
After months of development we are proud to announce that Usine V5.70 is out. Hundreds of improvements and new features.
Changes in Usine v5.70
- Usine Stage: A new product called Usine Stage has been created, an in-between the free and the pro version. See Products comparison. Usine Stage is a reduced version of Usine Pro for advanced users.
- Master tracks: Now you have the capability to define a track as a master. All the tracks will be routed to this track input, you can then easily add master effects that will be accordingly applied to all actives patches.
- Export as VST: With this version you can export your workspace into a stand alone application or a VST (a dll), so you can share a redistributable and royalty-free package of your creations.
- Many major improvements and bugfixes, details here.
Usine Pro for Windows is available to purchase for €119 EUR. Usine Stage will be available soon for €39 EUR.
More information: Sensomusic