Related: audio editor
, Kenaxis Creative
, sample player
Posted in news
on Aug 29, 2011
Kenaxis Creative has updated the Mac version of Kenaxis, a real-time audio performance application.
KENAXIS the new crossroads of: composition and free improvisation, inspiration and innovation, live performance and your sound library, chaos and control
Changes in Kenaxis v3.3
- Added Multitrack Record: This is very useful if you want to remix material you create while using Kenaxis. You can now create separate stereo files for each of the Kenaxis objects such as the Klangs, Granulators and Freeze when recording.
- SoftStep Support: If you own a Keith McMillen SoftStep, Kenaxis is now optimized to use it. It’s set up to use the LEDs and display on the SoftStep so that not only is the SoftStep an input device but it shows the status of Kenaxis as well.
- Sync Klangs 2-5 to Klang 1: You can now automatically sync live loop recordings done in Klangs 2-6 to the length of your loop in Klang 1.
- New manual that covers all of the additions to Kenaxis (Check it out for more information on the new additions).
- Value Randomizer Prefs added to customize how a random impulse works (Command E).
- Fixed Kenaxis Visualizer link.
- Fixed System Prefs bugs.
Kenaxis is available to purchase for lowered price of $49 USD. An update for Kenaxis on Windows PC will be available soon.
More information: Kenaxis
Yudo has announced the launch of its new musical application Rectools Unlimited, the first application M.T.R (Multi-Track Recorder) in the world that is able to play simultaneously tracks without quantity limitation.
Yudo inc, specialized in sound recording software, has designed Rectools Unlimited, a Linear PCM Recorder application for professionals and has decided to sell it all around the world via the AppStore of iTunes.
Rectools Unlimited that has been launched today gathers all Yudo’s audio techniques together to make Multi-Track Recorder application on iPhone that can even surpass specialized recorders by musical instrument makers.
The strong points of Rectools Unlimited are to provide with a high quality stereo sound recording (when the micro of the device is used, the recording will be monaural), comparable to a CD 44.Khz/16Bit sound quality, and to play simultaneously more than 100 channels (theoretically 500 channels). Furthermore, it is possible to edit recorded waveforms easily by using the touch panel.
Rectools Unlimited for iOS is available to purchase for $39.99 USD.
More information: Yudo / Rectools Unlimited
Related: audio editor
Posted in news
on Aug 05, 2011
Cockos has released Reaper 4, a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment for Windows and Mac.
REAPER updates are evolutionary, not revolutionary. REAPER 4 is not a radically new experience from REAPER 3, but adds a number of useful new features, ease of use improvements, and even more of that legendary REAPER customizability.
Changes in Reaper 4
- Tweak, correct, and mangle audio with pitch envelopes, which can be applied to individual media items.
- Create fully automated surround mixes with multichannel track metering and the highly flexible ReaSurround plug-in. Apply rotations, transformations, and diffusions, and even automate the positions of the speakers themselves.
- Batch rendering wildcards provide sound designers with unprecedented flexibility when generating sound files in bulk.
- Manage project media and FX with the Project Bay, where you can collect, organize, and edit a list of resources that you are using, or might use, for different types of projects.
- More Customizable – Arrange REAPER’s windows and toolbars in multiple dockers, redefine your mouse behavior with mouse modifiers, and use the new WALTER layout template engine to create flexible custom layouts for track/transport/mixer GUI elements.
- Take comping is more predictable, with takes remaining aligned by recording pass, even after splitting and deleting errors.
- Previewing and inserting media is easier, because you can highlight, loop, and insert subsections of media files.
- Switch between different MIDI clips more easily in the MIDI editor. Pool MIDI items so that editing one item edits all pooled copies. Define scales and chords for quickly painting runs and arpeggios.
- Check the changelog for full details: What’s new
Reaper 4 is available to purchase for $225 USD (full commercial license) / $60 USD (discounted license).
More information: Reaper
, audio editor
Posted in news
on Jul 26, 2011
PreSonus has released version 1.6.5 of Studio One, the music creation and production software for Windows and Mac.
Artists of all levels, from beginner to seasoned professional, will find Studio One a serious alternative to the intimidating, bloated offerings currently considered the standards. It’s a groundbreaking music creation and production application for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista/7 that makes audio recording, MIDI sequencing, and audio mastering ridiculously simple right out of the box.
Changes in Studio One Pro and Artist v1.6.5
- OSX Lion compatibility.
- French program translation.
- Spanish program translation.
- Zero Latency indicator and audio buffer size display on Start Page.
- [OSX] Drag and Drop from file browser to plugin not working. Fixed.
- Sustain automation not played back correctly on loop. Fixed.
- Crash with 2 Fire Studio devices. Fixed.
- [Win] 176.4 KHz not supported on TC Near and RME. Fixed.
- [Analog Delay] High cut filter not working when low cut turned off. Fixed.
- Crash in File Browser when trying to drag on other tab. Fixed.
- External instrument bounce not working. Fixed.
- Pitch numbers in Drum Map editor off by 1. Fixed.
Studio One is available to purchase for $399 USD (Pro) / $199 USD (Artist), prices excl. VAT.
More information: PreSonus / Studio One
Sensomusic has released version 5.7 of Usine, a universal audio software especially designed for live or studio utilization.
After months of development we are proud to announce that Usine V5.70 is out. Hundreds of improvements and new features.
Changes in Usine v5.70
- Usine Stage: A new product called Usine Stage has been created, an in-between the free and the pro version. See Products comparison. Usine Stage is a reduced version of Usine Pro for advanced users.
- Master tracks: Now you have the capability to define a track as a master. All the tracks will be routed to this track input, you can then easily add master effects that will be accordingly applied to all actives patches.
- Export as VST: With this version you can export your workspace into a stand alone application or a VST (a dll), so you can share a redistributable and royalty-free package of your creations.
- Many major improvements and bugfixes, details here.
Usine Pro for Windows is available to purchase for €119 EUR. Usine Stage will be available soon for €39 EUR.
More information: Sensomusic
TwistedWave, an audio editor for Mac, was updated to version 1.10, including the release of the TwistedWave Remote app for iOS.
TwistedWave Remote is a new iPhone application that can be used to remotely control TwistedWave. You can use it to start and stop playback or recording. It will also allow you to place markers while you are playing back audio, or in the middle of a recording session.
Changes in TwistedWave v1.10
- Upgraded to DIRAC 3 Pro, for a faster speed and better quality when pitch shifting or time stretching.
- Added support for saving mp2 files.
- Added the TwistedWave Remote, to remotely control TwistedWave from an iPhone.
- Added the ability to append files together when multiple files are selected from the open dialog.
- It is now possible to drag/drop files directly from iTunes.
- Added the volume and loop toolbar items.
- YouTube import was fixed.
- Fixed a problem with the RemoveDC effect.
- Other fixes…
TwistedWave for Mac is available to purchase for $79.90 USD. TwistedWave Remote is available as a free download from the iTunes App Store.
The iOS version of TwistedWave was updated as well.
Changes in TwistedWave iOS v1.2
- New export options:
- It is possible to send an audio file to Dropbox.
- Email a link or upload by FTP an mp3 file encoded and hosted online on twistedwave.com.
- Browser access to allow downloading and uploading files from/to TwistedWave with a browser on your computer.
- More effects:
- Delay effect.
- Compressor/limiter effect.
- Pitch shifting/time stretching with DIRAC.
- Better support for large files
- Previously, when you were recording large files, TwistedWave could get out of memory, and would quit. Now, it is possible to record for many hours. The only limit is the storage capacity for the audio file.
- Furthermore, when reopening a large document, one hour long or more, TwistedWave should now be much more faster.
- TwistedWave remembers the position and selection when you reopen a document.
- Added buttons to cut, crop and loop the audio.
- The cursor and selection are automatically adjusted to zero crossings to avoid clicks when copy/pasting audio.
TwistedWave for iOS is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: TwistedWave