Audio Genetics Lab has released Epic Epic, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
What could be more epic than the actual word “Epic”? This collection of percussion,ambiences, and effects has been crafted from emotional, real performances of the word “Epic”, redefining the sampling world and industry in two thunderous syllables.
Feel the opening bellow of the “E”, the warm percussives of “p”, the crisp highs of the “i”, and the sharp snaps of the “c” in this one-of-a-kind performance instrument. Included for a limited time is the Extra-Special Extended Library patch which includes additional articulations,such as “Huge”, “Boom”, and more.
The Epic Epic user-Interface will do your taxes
Epic Epic features
- Epic Epic –Extra Special Extended Library : The extended library features advanced Epic articulations such as “Huge”,“Boom”,and more. When your track just needs that little extra bit of punch and impact,this is what you need to tidy up all that intricate orchestration that would otherwise be heard on the downbeat.
- Evil Epic Woodland Dwarf Choir :Consume the spirits of the forgotten ancient woodland dwarf choir. This patch offers our ancient choir’s voices proudly bellowing “Epic”in all of their stout glory.
- Check My Epic Pulse :What’s more epic than the word “Epic”? How about hearing it processed and looped in 16th notes? Keep the modwheel on the low side for some moody pulsing. Crank it up to drive away.
- Epicopalypse : An Epic Boom of low end if ever there was one. If there were such a thing,this would be the Epic Casa. Since it is made entirely from the spoken word “Epic”,it can’t get much more epic than that.
- Epic Angel Song Pad Sustains MW : If celestial beings can throw lightning bolts,flood the planet,and fly,you know they sing in an EPIC choir.
- Funking Epic: Last patch…kick back…and go Epic on that funk. A little bit like a twisted up clavinet. Epic Phaser finds its home.
Epic Epic for Kontakt 4.2 or higher (full version) is available as a free download.
More information: Audio Genetics Lab / Epic Epic
Audio Genetics Lab has released Magnus Chord Organ, a free reed organ instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Dug up from the archives and presented free to the public is our newest genetic specimen: the Magnus Chord Organ. This small subspecies is closely related to the accordion and harmonica, with the key difference being the source of the air movement generating from an electric fan as opposed to moving bellows or lungs. Originally three keyboard octaves, and including a number of accordion-like chord buttons, this family instrument was widely distributed in the 1970’s. It has a raw, charming quality to its sound.
Magnus Chord Organ features
- Sampled Magnus Chord Organ, 48kHz, 16 bit.
- 3 octaves, 12 chord buttons.
- Kontakt 3.5+ patches included:
- Magnus Chord Organ – Purist: This is the original, raw, library. No extra bells and whistles or performance additions, really. This is how 1970’s New Jersey wanted you to hear the Magnus. Includes chromatic sampling of the melodic keys, and the lower octaves will play the 24 maj/min chords. Noise sample of the operating fan is sustained from B-1.
- Accordionic: Some subtle changes from the Purist patch, this instrument more closely emulates an accordion. Mod Wheel controlled dynamics, subtle EQ shifts, and a bit of volume envelope can yield a convincing copy. The character-filled clunky key release samples can be turned off for a more pure sound.
- Accordionic – RR: The same design as Accodionic, only with a simulated round robin, created by extending the chromatically sampled keys out to neighboring tones. If you are doing lots of repetitions, this may be a good alternate choice.
- Accordionic – Breath Controller: Accordionic, but pre-programmed for breath controllers. Select your Breath CC source (defaults to 2), and play away. Turned off Chords yields an extended low range.
- Bassadore 64: Divergent genetic mutation. Retro synth bass. Have fun with the mod wheel as well.
- MagSmack Kit: Another distant mutation. This electro-perc kit would be 10 years in the future from the Magnus, or 30 years back in our past.
- Flagolets de Magnus: Sustain patch that has some qualities of string harmonics. 3x round robin. Adjust the front panel ADSR for more variations.
Magnus Chord Organ is available as a free download for Kontakt 3.5 or higher.
More information: Audio Genetics Lab / Magnus Chord Organ
Audio Genetics Lab has released Native Flute, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The sounds were captured at a sampling rate of 96kHz to allow for the highest detail and flexibility when modifying the natural code into the mutation performances. This high sampling rate also allows for higher quality pitch adjustments when a user wants to incorporate the effect samples into their own compositions and research by stretching the tuning to an appropriate key.
Native Flute features
- 31 patches for Kontakt 3.5 and higher, raw sounds and effects & mutation sounds.
- Originally sampled at 96kHz-24bit.
- All raw samples are accessible for further manipulation and editing if desired.
- 440MB uncompressed, 400MB download.
- All original samples are recorded completely dry with no reverb or FX. Mix freely how YOU want.
- All mutations derived entirely from acoustic flute source material.
- Free Bonus: Ocarina FX through September 1, 2010.
Native Flute for Kontakt (not compatible with the free Kontakt player) is available to purchase as an instant download for $15 USD.
More information: Audio Genetics Lab / Native Flute