MOTU has announced it is now shipping Windows 7- and 8-compatible USB 2.0 ASIO and Wave drivers for their new line of AVB-equipped audio interface products, including the 1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai, 24Ao and Monitor 8.
Users can connect their MOTU interface to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on their PC for multi-channel audio I/O with any ASIO- or Wave-compatible host software.
“We’re excited that Windows users can now take full advantage of MOTU’s groundbreaking deployment of AVB audio interface technology in these award-winning products,” said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing at MOTU.
The Windows driver installer is now available as a free download to all MOTU AVB interface owners at motu.com/avb, where a free download of MOTU’s AudioDesk 4 workstation software for Windows is also available.
Concurrent with the Windows driver release is another “one-click” field-upgradable firmware update for all MOTU AVB audio interfaces that introduces several enhancements, including optional stereo TOSLink (optical S/PDIF) support for MOTU’s 1248, 8M and 16A models.
More information: MOTU / AVB audio interfaces
Steinberg has announced the UR12, its latest USB 2.0 audio interface, featuring 192 kHz audio quality, class compliant support for the iPad alongside a microphone input with D-PRE preamplifier, one high-impedance line input plus line outputs.
The front side of the UR12 interface comprises one Neutrik XLR connector for microphones, and a high-impedance jack input, each with gain control and peak indicator. The panel also includes a headphones output, a master output volume control together with a direct monitor switch for zero-latency monitoring of the input signal. The rear panel features the analog RCA outputs, one USB 2.0 port and one mini USB port for connecting an optional USB power adapter plus a +48 V phantom power switch on channel 1 and power source selector for both USB ports.
The UR12 guarantees pristine sonic fidelity due to the studio-grade converters that feature a maximum sample rate of 192 kHz and 24-bit resolution alongside the built-in discrete Class-A analog D-PRE microphone preamplifier by Yamaha.
Freely available as download to all UR12 customers, Cubase AI provides a comprehensive set of tools for recording, mixing and editing audio. The UR12 is compatible with other major recording software applications, supports the iPad in class-compliant mode and includes drivers for Windows and OS X systems.
Product marketing manager for hardware, Stefan Schreiber, commented: “Together with Yamaha, we’ve come up with an extremely affordable interface that boasts an impressive feature set. If one adds its portable size, the all-metal casing and superb audio quality to the bill it’s clear that the UR12 is the first choice for mobile setups and small-spaced recording studios.”
The UR12 audio interface will be shipping in January 2015, priced at MSRP 119 EUR, including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / UR12
MOTU has announced it is now shipping Monitor 8, a monitor mixer, headphone amp, and audio interface.
Monitor 8 is a 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amplifier and USB/AVB audio interface with console-style 48-channel mixing and DSP effects. With exceptional analog audio quality based on the award-winning design of MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A AVB interfaces, Monitor 8 can serve as a primary audio interface and monitor mixer in the studio, as a complete monitoring solution for live performance, or as a dedicated monitoring component of a MOTU AVB audio network system.
“Monitor 8 is a one-stop solution for high-quality stereo monitoring through speakers, headphones, and in-ear systems,” said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing at MOTU. “With large console-style mixing and Wi-Fi control, Monitor 8 is equally well suited for both studio operation and live performance situations.”
Monitor 8 features
- Three products in one — 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amp and USB/AVB audio interface.
- Superb audio quality — Employs the same award-winning analog design as MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces.
- 24 inputs and 8 stereo bus outputs — Mix 24 physical inputs, multi-channel computer audio, and 32 AVB audio network channels to eight stereo bus outputs (Main, Aux, and monitor groups A thru F). Inputs include 8 channels of balanced (TRS) analog and 16 channels (2 banks) of ADAT optical.
- Six monitor groups with flexible outputs — Each group provides multiple mirrored outputs, including 2x 1/4-inch phones (front and rear panel), summed 1/4-inch mono out for stage monitors, and, for groups A-D, balanced stereo 1/4-inch outs.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to a computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- System expansion — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai or 24Ao) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking — Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the Monitor 8 with a standard Ethernet cable and control the Monitor 8’s powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live show monitor mixing.
- AudioDesk 4.0 — Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
Monitor 8 is available for purchase for $995 USD.
More information: MOTU / Monitor 8
Related: audio interface
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Dec 05, 2014 - 0 comments
Native Instruments has announced a limited-time holiday sales special on its Komplete Audio 6 audio interface.
KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 is a premium 6-channel audio interface with four analog ins/outs, digital in/out, MIDI, and low-latency performance.
Two balanced microphone inputs are equipped with high-end preamps and 24-bit Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters for professional sound quality. The unit is bus-powered, and housed in a sleek, rugged metal casing for dependability in all production settings. The included software suite featuring Cubase LE and KOMPLETE ELEMENTS adds sequencing and synthesis.
This combination of professional audio interface paired with powerful software gives users a complete production package at an outstanding value.
Komplete Audio 6 is available for purchase for $199 USD/199 EUR/£179 GBP until December 31st, 2014.
More information: Native Instruments / Komplete Audio 6
Waves has launched DiGiGrid IOS, an audio interface with a built-in SoundGrid DSP server for plugin processing.
The IOS features 8 mic/line inputs with broadcast/studio-quality preamps, 8 line outputs, 2 headphone outputs, and MIDI I/O, S/PDIF, and AES ins and outs.
IOS is the most comprehensive solution for Native DAW users (Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools Native, etc.), and is ideal for both professional and personal production studios.
DiGiGrid IOS comes with the complete SoundGrid Studio System software (the SoundGrid Studio Application, StudioRack, and the eMotion ST mixer). Used in combination with this software, the IOS lets you mix and monitor in real time using hundreds of your favorite SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins, with super-low latency of only 0.8 milliseconds.
DiGiGrid IOS features
- 8 mic/line inputs, 8 line outputs, 2 headphone outputs.
- Built-in SoundGrid DSP server.
- ASIO/Core Audio-compliant audio interface.
- Software-controlled award winning preamps.
- MIDI, S/PDIF, and AES/EBU inputs and outputs.
- Connects via a single Ethernet cable (Cat 5e/Cat 6).
- Quick-view front panel metering and status indicators.
- High-definition ADC/DAC conversion.
DiGiGrid IOS is available for purchase for $3,760 USD.
More information: Waves / DiGiGrid IOS
More posts that match this tag
Arturia has announced that it will release a next-generation audio interface in 2015. Arturia President Frédéric Brun bowled over an audience of invited industry insiders and VIP guests when making the astounding announcement during his … read more
Sound Magic has announced Serenade Workstation, a complete package comprising the Serenade 384KHz USB2.0 Audio Interface, a Digital Audio Workstation, a DSD/DXD Effect Plugin Bundle and a DSD&PCM Bi-directional Converter Software. Back in 1999, The … read more
Native Instruments has announced the release of Traktor Kontrol S8, a DJ controller featuring innovative touch-sensitive controls and full-color displays, a 4-channel standalone mixer, extensive audio interface, and enhanced performance decks for advanced integration of … read more
MOTU has announced it is now shipping the 24Ai and 24Ao, two new audio interfaces that offer 24 channels of high-quality analog audio input or output in a single rack space, combined with three banks … read more
M-Audio has announced it has upgrades to its M-Track series audio interfaces. The M-Track and M-Track Plus now feature a rugged all-metal chassis and studio–quality audio performance, and an expanded software suite is included with … read more
TASCAM has announced the US-16×08, a 16-in/8-out USB audio/MIDI interface with advanced features to manage big sessions. Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps deliver the cleanest and quietest specifications in their class while delivering up to 56dB … read more
Universal Audio has announced the Apollo Premium Plug-Ins Promotion, a special promotion available now through the end of the year. From October 1st – December 31st 2014, customers who purchase and register a new Apollo … read more
Universal Audio has announced worldwide availability of its new lineup of UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP accelerators. UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators are a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to “supercharge” their systems and … read more
Apogee Electronics has announced its new Ensemble 30×34 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface for Mac. The all new Apogee Ensemble is the first Thunderbolt 2 audio interface to offer superior sound quality, the lowest latency performance … read more
Steinberg has released the UR22 Production Studio, a limited edition package that consists of the compact UR22 audio interface, the latest version of Cubase Elements and WabeLab LE alongside the sE Electronics Magneto studio microphone, … read more
Universal Audio has announced its new line of UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators, shipping early October. UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators are a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to “supercharge” their systems and … read more
TASCAM has introduced the US-2×2 and US-4×4, two new USB audio/MIDI interfaces that combine great-sounding audio, solid drivers and innovative, functional design. The US-2×2 is a 2-in/2-out USB interface, bus powered from your Mac or … read more
Numark has introduced the NDX500, a USB/CD media player and software controller. Combining comprehensive standalone functionality with deep hardware and software integration, NDX500 is capable of playing and mixing music from virtually any digital audio … read more
Avid has announced the introduction of Pro Tools | Duet and Pro Tools | Quartet, two new professional music creation solutions in the Avid Artist Suite, combining the industry standard Avid Pro Tools software with … read more
Novation has introduced Audiohub 2×4, a combined audio interface and USB hub for electronic music production. It can take a lot of gear to produce a great tune. That’s why we designed Audiohub 2×4: a … read more