Allen & Heath has introduced the ICE-16D, an alternative version of the ICE-16 multi-track recorder launched last year.
Both units are 16 In/16 Out audio interfaces, allowing performers and audio engineers to easily capture high quality multi-track recordings direct to a USB drive or interface to a computer. Additionally, the ICE-16D has balanced I/O, designed for those customers using the unit in a studio environment or requiring fully balanced inputs & outputs on AES59 standard D Sub connectors.
Fitted into a compact 1U rack design, ICE-16 and ICE-16D are capable of studio quality interfacing, converting and bi-directional streaming of 16 channels over high-speed USB or FireWire at 24 bit, 96kHz resolution. Alternatively, 16 channels can be simultaneously recorded straight to a USB hard drive or memory stick at up to 24bit 48kHz resolution as a .wav file. The unit is expandable, so you can link units together and synchronize recording of many channels.
Signal and peak metering is provided for each channel and can be switched to show input or output. Headphone monitoring is also included and switches on each channel enable checking of individual or multiple channels. ASIO drivers and Core Audio compliance ensure full compatibility with all the main DAWs, including Logic, Sonar, Cubase and Pro Tools.
- 16 analogue Inputs, 16 analogue Outputs.
- Front USB socket for quick capturing to USB mass storage devices.
- Hybrid FireWire (IEE1394) / USB2 .0 16×16 audio interface.
- Industry standard wav file format.
- Up to 6 hours of 16 channel audio on a 32GB USB stick.
- Signal Present and Peak LED metering on each channel.
- Mono headphone bus for Input or Output monitoring.
- Daisy chain multiple units over FireWire.
- Familiar Transport buttons and intuitive control.
The ICE-16D will be available in September 2013, priced at SRP £825 ex. VAT.
More information: Allen & Heath / ICE-16D
Related: audio interface
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Sep 06, 2013
IK Multimedia has introduced iRig PRO, an audio/MIDI interface for iOS.
iRig PRO is a high-quality, battery powered universal audio/MIDI interface that lets you connect a microphone, guitar, bass or line-level source — or a MIDI controller — to your iOS device or Mac.
Small enough to fit in your pocket, iRig PRO comes with Lightning, 30-pin and USB cables, allowing connectivity with any iOS device or Mac. You also get a selection of IK music apps and software so you can rock right out of the box.
iRig Pro features
- Balanced input for a mic-, line-level, or Hi-Z source, via XLR/1/4″ combo jack connector.
- Preamp gain control.
- High-quality mic and instrument preamp, low noise, high definition.
- High-quality A/D conversion.
- MIDI IN, compatible with iRig MIDI cables.
- +48V phantom power provided by included 9V battery.
- Sturdy, durable construction.
- Powered by mobile device or USB when plugged into Mac.
- 30-pin, Lightning, USB, and MIDI cables included.
- Comes with complete suite of music-making software and apps:.
- For Mac: AmpliTube Metal, T-RackS CS Classic mastering suite, SampleTank XT sound workstation.
- For iOS: AmpliTube FREE for iOS (including Metal W amp, Metal 150 amp, Wharmonator stomp, X-Flanger stomp after registration); SampleTank FREE, a sonic workstation with 48 additional exclusive sounds (after registration); iGrand Piano FREE (includes Grand Piano 1 with Upright Piano 1 and Rock Grand 1 available after registering the app and hardware, respectively). And with the FREE iGrand Piano app, registering your iRig PRO instantly removes the 4-octave range limitation giving you access to all 88-notes of the instrument as in the full version.
iRig PRO will ship in September, priced at $149.99 USD / 119.99 EUR (exc. taxes).
More information: IK Multimedia / iRig PRO
MOTU has announced that its new 8Pre USB 16 x 12 USB audio interface with 8 mic inputs is now shipping.
Turn your computer into a powerful digital audio workstation with eight mic inputs. Or add eight high-quality mic/instrument inputs to your current system.
The 8pre audio interface delivers everything you need to turn your computer into a powerful 24-bit, 96kHz digital audio workstation. The 8pre provides eight microphone/instrument preamps with pristine 96kHz analog recording and playback, combined with 8 channels of ADAT optical digital I/O. Expand your system by connecting additional 8pres or other MOTU audio interfaces.
8Pre USB features
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 audio interface for Mac and Windows — provides 16 inputs with 8 mic preamps and 12 outputs including separate phone and main outs for all the basic I/O you need for a powerful desktop studio.
- Eight XLR/TRS “combo jack” mic inputs — connect up to eight mics, or mix and match mics with guitars, synths, drum machines and other analog input signals.
- Flexible analog inputs — each provides a crystal-clear preamp (for both the XLR and TRS input), 24-bit 96 kHz converters, individually switchable 48-volt phantom power, 20 dB pad and front-panel trim controls. Mix and match condenser and dynamic microphones as your needs require.
- Eight channels of ADAT optical I/O — provides two sets of optical connectors to provide eight channels of optical digital I/O even at high samples rates (88.2 or 96 kHz).
- Operates as an optical expander — connect the 8pre to any ADAT optical compatible device (another audio interface, a digital mixer, etc.) to add 8 additional mic inputs seamlessly integrated into the mixing environment of the host device.
- Discrete ins/outs — there’s no channel sharing in the 8pre; the mic inputs, ADAT optical I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels.
- CueMix DSP™ near-zero monitoring system.
- Multiple CueMix DSP mixes — create up to eight different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Add send/return loops for outboard gear with no latency.
- Front-panel metering — five-segment meters for all analog inputs, plus status lights for clock and interface/expander mode.
- Sample-accurate MIDI — connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
- Expandable — add additional MOTU 8pre, UltraLite, 828, 828, 896, or Traveler interfaces for additional I/O. Or connect the 8pre optically to any audio interface or mixer that supports ADAT optical I/O.
- Separate TRS main outs and front-panel headphone jack, each with independent volume control.
- SMPTE time code sync via any analog input.
- SMPTE time code generation to any analog output.
- Includes native 32- and 64-bit drivers for Mac OS X (10.6 or higher) and Windows (8/7/Vista), including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software.
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today’s popular audio programs.
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via USB.
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears and front and back panel knobs and connectors: 19 × 7 × 1.75 inches (48.26 × 17.78 × 4.45 cm). Knobs and connectors extend up to 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) from front and back panels, adding 1 inch (2.54 cm) to depth. With rack ears attached, fits standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.
The 8Pre USB is now available to purchase for $549 USD.
More information: MOTU / 8Pre USB
Related: audio interface
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Aug 14, 2013
Native Instruments has announced the release of Traktor DJ Cable, a compact audio splitter designed to complement mobile DJ setups on iPhone, iPad or laptops.
Following the global success of the iOS app TRAKTOR DJ, TRAKTOR DJ CABLE now offers new and seasoned DJs alike a simplified solution that splits audio from TRAKTOR’s virtual decks into two outputs. When used with TRAKTOR DJ or TRAKTOR PRO 2, this allows headphone track cueing – essential for fluid mixing.
Following over 5 million TRAKTOR DJ downloads in the short months since its release, TRAKTOR DJ CABLE adds to the growing list of products delivering quality, portability, and is perfect for DJing anytime, anywhere.
Using TRAKTOR DJ CABLE is easy. By connecting the CABLE into the output of an iOS device, it is instantly recognized in TRAKTOR. Clearly marked headphone and amplifier outputs make it simple to know where to connect each cable. Built with a silver plated, oxygen-free copper cable and gold plated terminals, the TRAKTOR DJ CABLE is designed to the highest quality standards. TRAKTOR DJ CABLE also works with other iOS DJ software for the most compact, road-ready DJ setup.
The Traktor DJ Cable is available to purchase for $19.99 USD / 19.99 EUR.
More information: Native Instruments / Traktor DJ Cable
Sound Lab Performance has announced that its Madison 16+16 channel MADI interface is now available.
We had already presented some prototypes at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Germany, earlier this year. Now we have concluded all tests and we are utterly convinced that the MADI interface is an extremely reliable, powerful and high-quality solution.
The Madison concept rests on three principles: straightforward operation, flexible expansion capabilities and impeccable sound. Moreover, the Madison ought to set a new price standard in its league: 1.499 Euros MSRP for Germany incl. 19% VAT, 1.214 Euro excl. VAT, 1.899 USD (USA).
We place the Madison in all environments and situations where professional standards are required: from home and project studios to professional recording facilities and orchestra recordings, as well as for mobile and fixed installations.
- 16 AD and 16 DA converters in 1U.
- Superb sounding converters with a sophisticated analog section on 36 V audio rails.
- +24 dBu professional output level.
- Best price/performance value.
- Up to 64 I/Os on 1 MADI port (4 units).
- Latency-neutral MADI chaining.
- 44.1 to 192?kHz, ±10% vari-speed.
- SPL clock-shop for jitter-free operation.
- Ultra-compatible, always operational MADI IO with ultra low conversion latencies.
- Four directly selectable reference levels: 15/18/22/24.
- Simple operation and setup right from the front panel controls.
- Ergonomic, distance-readable meters for clear level status indication of any I/O channel.
- Fanless, absolutely silent low-power design (max. 30?W).
- Redundant power supply optionally.
- Four analog, 8-channel multicore DB 25 sockets (TASCAM industry standard).
- Made in Germany.
The Madison is available to purchase for 1.499 EUR RRP Germany (incl. 19% VAT) / $1,899 USD.
More information: SPL / Madison