Audio Poison has announced the release of Strontium-90, radio frequency modulator effect for Reason.
Strontium-90 RF Modulator is a rack extension designed to make sounds more radioactive by adding modulatable textures and thickness to a sound. It can be used to highlight the upper components of percussion, or radiate a bass line with amplitude, phase, frequency and ring modulators.
The radio frequency modulators can be routed with either invertible post-or-combined filtering with variable series/parallel switching. It also includes both an optionally host-synchronizable, or loosely timed, envelope and low frequency oscillator, common to musical synthesis, to allow a user to further extend their sound. The VCO of these modulation controls can be sent, in parallel, to all of the multi-variate control knobs pertaining to both the RF modulator and internal filter.
Additionally the low frequency oscillator has both host-synchronized rate and phase positioning controls with a preference as to whether it oscillates with either half-rectified, bipolar or unipolar waveforms. The phase control is truncated into steps of pi/4 increments (-/+), and will always automatically reset every instance where the current project position resets to the left region indicator to absolutely ensure the consistency of the timing for the modulation controls.
Strontium-90 is available for purchase for $39 USD.
More information: Audio Poison / Strontium-90
Audio Poison has released version 1.0.3 of Stagger, offering several bug fixes and optimizations to the multi-filter/multi-effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Stagger is a modulation, filter and effect sequencer full of filters and effects that is setup to be programmed in layers of steps.
Changes in Stagger v1.0.3
- Fixed series/parallel layering bug causing clicks with some series + parallel combinations.
- Added extended duty cycle functionality + custom waveform improvements.
- Fixed GUI bug w/ several of the modulators.
- Removed minor performance loss from authorization.
- Removed WoW64 issue which only allowed for either the 32-bit or 64-bit version to be installed at the same time.
Stagger for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $80 USD.
More information: Audio Poison / Stagger
Audio Poison has announced Stagger, a multi-filter/multi-effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Stagger includes different orders and structures for all of the common filter types (LP, HP, BP and BS). As well, some of them have been fused together with various distortions and modulation techniques to truly bring out the monster in your track. With the filter/modulation hybrids, you can even make your sounds talk or you can take it a step further by adding one of several of Stagger’s uniquely designed formant filters and/or additional distortions to really bring out the beast.
With the filters set a side, you also get several delay based effects that we have deemed appropriate for modulation. They include a devilish detuner, a delay based comb filter, a vibrato, a flanger, a notch controlled phasor with a built in comb filter and a doppler radar for tracking military aircraft which goes hand in hand with some of the military style modulation techniques taken from W.W.II.
- 5 effect kernels, includes 5 individual LFOs & envelopes.
- 60 filters and effects to choose from and/or combine
- Filters all have multiple design types and orders.
- Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch and Formant filter type(s).
- Includes FM, PM, AM, AM-DSB and AM-SSB modulators and several unique distortion algorithms!
- Various filter/modulator and filter/distortion combination(s).
- Intelligent routing (parallel, groupable series A => D). Automatic mixing w/ perceptual weighting (to prevent layer attenuation).
- Step sequencer designed with usability in mind
- Multiple speeds
- Copy / Paste functionality
- Support for 16 patterns each with 4 layers
- Also included: tremelo, vibrato, stereo pan, sample delay, pitch shifter, detuner.
- Driven completely by the Audio Poison DSP engine.
A release candidate of Stagger for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $48 USD (40% off regular $80 USD). RTAS, AAX and TDM versions are scheduled for release.
More information: Audio Poison / Stagger