LiquidSonics has released version 1.2.2 of Mobile Convolution, a true-stereo reverb processor for use with Audiobus and Inter-App Audio hosts.
It allows impulse responses to be stretched, cropped and envelopes to be applied for shaping the sound of a reverb in a very natural and musical way. A configurable pre-delay provides the ability to push a reverb back into a sound-field or to creatively add rhythmic delay effects. The IR mirror mode adds further creative potential for ghostly reversed reverb effects with natural decays, or reverbs that gather into a crescendo.
Changes in Mobile Convolution v1.2.2
- Impulse response mirror mode has been added to help create reversed or gathering reverbs.
- Stereo to Mono down-mix for use with stereo IRs has been added to the settings menu (this helps to achieve natural panning when used as a send effect).
- Impulse response download links are automatically updated from a curated list maintained on the LiquidSonics website when connected to WiFi.
- All screens have been updated to support the larger screen sizes of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Mobile Convolution is available for purchase for $9.99 USD. The update is available now in the iTunes App Store.
More information: LiquidSonics / Mobile Convolution
Camel Audio have released version 2.3.9 of its Alchemy Mobile, a free synthesizer instrument for iOS.
Turn your iPad/iPhone into an expressive synthesizer studio with stunning sound quality, using the mobile version of Camel Audio’s award-winning Alchemy synth, which can be heard on thousands of records by world-class musicians.
Changes in Alchemy Mobile v2.3.9
- iCloud storage of favourites and user presets.
- Sound quality improvements – smoother track switching and looping.
- Audiobus 2.1 with support for iOS 8 (Audiobus on iOS6 no longer supported).
- Numerous additional improvements to performance and stability.
Alchemy Mobile v2.3.9 is available from the App Store as a free download.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Mobile
Franke Music has released version 2 of its Stroke Machine drum and groove synthesizer and sequencer app for iPad.
Program your own rhythm and groove patterns and switch between them in a live performance. Mute or solo individual instruments, change parameters on the fly and record your performance as high-quality audio file for sharing or later editing on your computer.
The high-contrast user interface is perfectly suited for dim light situations on stage and assists in sound creation in the studio.
Stroke Machine’s powerful synthesizer engine features high-quality Oscillator, Filter, Overdrive and Effect models, extremly fast Envelopes and LFO, sample-exact Pattern Sequencer and a sophisticated Sample, Sound and Pattern library.
Changes in Stroke Machine v2.0
- Maximum settings of Bar, Beat and Step highly increased (up to 16 bars with 16 beats with 16 steps in each pattern).
- AudioBus 2 support including saving and loading of the current Stroke Machine kit.
- Added Mix view with important mix parameters for the percussion and melody sounds like Mute, Solo, Volume, Pan, FX Bus and FX Send. To automate them, activate the respective Modulation Sequence.
- Added Pad view with big, velocity-sensitive pads for the 12 percussion sounds.
- Added MIDI channel selection for each melody sound and all percussion sounds to 1 to 16, Omni (all channels) and Off (no channel).
- Layer sounds by setting several parts to the same MIDI channel.
- Added Route button.
- Added Internal/External Sequencer button.or the sequencer of the host app.
- Added MIDI Learn.
- Added MIDI Program Change reception.
- Changed Master Volume to only control the volume of Stroke Machine rather than the overall iPad volume.
- Added Clear Pattern button in Kit view.
- Added LFO phase beat sync.
- Fixed crash when tapping Next or Previous Kit while in topmost library folder.
- Fixed crash with Share Kit/Sound on iOS 6.
- Fixed crash when editing notes while recording.
- Fixed freeze when an interruption occured such as an incoming Skype call.
- Fixed an issue with soloed parts when loading a kit.
- Fixed possible double playback of notes on first step when syncing to MIDI Clock.
- Fixed LFO rate exceeding valid bounds.
Stroke Machine for iPad is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Franke Music
Igor Vasiliev at iMusicAlbum has updated the Audio Mastering app for iPad to version 2.7.
Audio Mastering is designed to be the first application for iPad with 96 kHz internal and external processing truly provides professional audio quality when finalizing your mix. It can be used for processing audio files and as final sound processor for a mixing console (with external audio interface).
Changes in Audio Mastering v2.7
- Supports 96 kHz / 32-bit audio processing.
- Supports Audiobus 2.x in Input, Effect and Output slots.
- Added Audiobus “State Saving” feature.
- New Stereo Imaging process options.
- New color schemes.
- Built-in description updated.
- Minor bug fixes.
The app is available for purchase for $5.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering
Klevgränd Production has released version 1.1 of the SquashIt multiband distortion app for iOS.
This audio effect filter provides an unique distortion algorithm and should be essential in every music producers toolset. SquashIt doesn’t sound vintage, it just sounds good. SquashIt is developed by musicians for musicians.
Version 1.1 adds support for AudioBus 2 including state saving! It is also universal and works on iPhone 4S and later.
- SquashIt! is Inter app audio (IAA) compatible. This means you can use it with Garageband or other IAA compatible sequencers.
- AudioBus 2 compatible (including state saving).
- Load / Save presets.
- Remembers IAA hosts (will automatically load last used settings when a host connects).
- Low cpu usage.
- Simple but yet powerful user interface.
The app is available for purchase for $2.99 USD. SquashIt is also available for Mac (AU) as freeware.
More information: Klevgränd Production / SquashIt
More posts that match this tag
Audiobus has released version 2.1 of the Audiobus app for iOS, the inter-app audio routing system that allows you to connect your Audiobus-compatible music apps together. With a simple and clean interface, easily connect the … read more
Steinberg has released version 1.8 of its Cubasis app for iPad. Version 1.8 is the biggest update so far and includes countless fixes, improvements and new features that help you to capture your songwriting ideas … read more
Novation has released version 1.5 of its Launchpad App, a free and easy-to-use iPad app that will have you making beats and music instantly. We’ve made Novation Launchpad App Even More Fun! Launchpad App lets … read more
Cakewalk has released version 1.2 of its ScratchPad music app for iOS. This update adds increased accessibility among other iPad apps, improves file sharing options, and simplifies the interface and browser. Five new In-App loop … read more
Audiobus has announced the release of the second version of its versatile Audiobus app-to-app audio routing app for iOS. The first major update to Audiobus since its initial late-2012 release launches today. With hundreds of … read more
Positive Grid has announced the release of an iPhone version of the BIAS amplifier modeler and designer app, previously released for the iPad. The new iPhone and iPod Touch version of BIAS features a number … read more
Outbound link: Positive Grid
– Related: amp
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Feb 20, 2014 - 0 comments
IK Multimedia has announced iRing, the first motion-tracking controller for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch music apps and more. Now musicians, gamers, and more can trigger sounds and control effects and other parameters of their … read more
Outbound link: IK Multimedia
– Related: Audiobus
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Fiedler Audio has released version 1.2 of AD 480 Reverb, a reverb app for iOS. The AD 480 is the first professional reverb effect app for your iDevices. In the studio, on stage, on the … read more
Camel Audio has released version 2.2.6 of the Alchemy Mobile music app for iOS. Changes in Alchemy Mobile v2.2.6 Improved MIDI CC overdubbing. Improved IAA and AudioBus support. Support for iOS 7.1. Various additional improvements. … read more
Outbound link: Camel Audio
/ Alchemy Mobile
– Related: Alchemy
, Camel Audio
Posted in news
on Dec 20, 2013 - 0 comments
Chris Wolfe has launched version 1.5 of Jasuto, a modular synthesizer for the iDevices. Jasuto allows you to visually construct your own synths/effects, and use them to make sequences all on your device! With the … read more
Holderness Media has released Swoopster, a playable flanger, fuzz, and vibrato effect for iPad. Designed for use with the Audiobus app, Swoopster is great for processing synths, drum machines and hundreds of other Audiobus compatible … read more
Cakewalk has released ScratchPad, a music app for iPad. Designed for any music-creation enthusiast on the go, loop-based ScratchPad for iOS is intended to offer a fun and easy way to create compositions for music … read more
Positive Grid has introduced the JamUp Plug HD, a professional studio quality guitar and bass interface for use with recording and performance apps on the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. “Mobile guitar players are becoming … read more
Outbound link: Positive Grid
/ JamUp Plug HD
– Related: audio interface
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Dec 03, 2013 - 0 comments
ElliottGarage has announced version 2.0 of the EGSY01 analog synthesizer app for iOS, featuring InterApp audio, CoreMIDI, Audiobus and much more. With EGSY01 you can create sounds without any limit, from modern ones to vintage … read more
TroikaLabs has released Vectorscope, a Polar and Lissajous vectorscope app for the iPad with Audiobus and external audio support. Vectorscope is the perfect tool to analyze your stereo material. Whether you are a producer, mixer, … read more