UVI has announced the release of BeatHawk, a portable music production studio app for iPad.
A complete music production environment, BeatHawk was designed from the ground-up to provide an immediate and efficient workflow optimized for portable use while providing studio-grade sounds, instruments and effects thanks to the industry-proven UVI Engine at its core. Users can create beats, sample, pitch and time stretch, layer melodies, mix, arrange, and export full songs, stems and MIDI quickly and efficiently through BeatHawk’s sleek and intuitive user interface.
BeatHawk includes a large library of high-quality sounds and instruments which can be expanded with user content or through additional UVI expansion packs available via in-app purchase. Expansion packs provide a tremendous value, delivering the same level of quality found in UVI’s desktop instruments used in studios around the world. BeatHawk launches with 15 available expansions including; Acoustic Grand, Brass Riffs, Choirs, Disco, Electric Piano, Electro Pop, Funk, Guitar Loops, Scratch, Talk Vox, Trip Hop, Atlanta Urban, West Coast Urban, Latin Percussion and World Percussion, with more expansions slated for release during the following months.
In addition to stand-alone use, BeatHawk provides immediate connectivity for studio environments with full support for CoreMIDI, Inter-App Audio, AudioBus, AudioCopy, WIST Sync, MIDI-over-LAN and compatibility with class-compliant MIDI keyboards. Users can play BeatHawk from external keyboards, sequence from a desktop DAW, wirelessly sync multiple iPad sessions or export 24-bit stems and MIDI for further editing in desktop applications.
- 16 track sequencer with up to 16 patterns.
- 780Mb sound and instrument library included.
- Trigger via. pad mode, keyboard mode or with external device.
- Edit and tweak sounds with high-quality effects and ADSR envelope.
- Sample from iPad built-in mic, line-in or external devices.
- High-quality pitch and time stretching.
- Choke groups and One-Shot sample modes.
- Perform and record arrangements realtime.
- Integrated sound browser with realtime preview.
- Exclusive UVI sound libraries available via in-app purchase.
- Jam with multiple iPads using WIST Sync over Bluetooth.
- Export stereo mix, stems or MIDI files with one touch.
- Easily transfer files via. iTunes App.
- External keyboard and MIDI-over-LAN support via CoreMIDI.
- Inter-App Audio, AudioBus, Audio Copy and WIST compliant.
- Export: 44.1kHz 24-bit WAV.
- Import: FLAC, WAV, MP3, MP4, or AIF.
- iPad 2 or newer (iPad 4 or newer recommended).
- iOS 7+
BeatHawk is available for purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD (regular $9.99 USD).
More information: UVI / BeatHawk
NOIISE has launched FLUX:FX, a multi effect app for iPad by Adrian Belew.
FLUX:FX is a professional multi-effect audio processor app for the iPad that lets you ‘play’ your effects.
Innovative, intuitive and exciting, FLUX:FX lets you manipulate any audio signal into something entirely new, and redefines the possibilities of audio and live performance in an app with an almost unlimited range of effect options.
FLUX:FX is a truly authentic digital platform for designing your sound.
- 30+ studio-quality effects to choose from, and an almost unlimited range of settings to let you twist and sculpt your sound. Chain 5 together for maximum aural impact.
- Touch-based automation sequencer for your effects that adds a completely new fluid dimension to your sound design.
- Every parameter of every effect is editable, assignable and with the fine tuner dial, precise. That makes FLUX:FX a tweaker’s paradise.
- Beautiful, minimalist interface combining easy-to-use controls with a mesmerising liquid polygon audio visualizer. No fake road-worn pedal graphics here.
- Designed and built from scratch as an iPad app, FLUX:FX is not a port from an existing plugin, it is MADE to be touched. And swiped, and dragged, and tapped. No tiny dials here.
- Conceived and created via the combined talents of guitarist extraordinaire Adrian Belew, audio software developers ElephantCandy and mobile specialists MOBGEN.
- Audiobus compatibility (including saved states), Inter-App Audio compatibility, super-fast MIDI, virtually all the audio interfaces… they just work with FLUX:FX.
- Chopping, shaping, crushing and looping – FLUX:FX can take you from subtle modulating echoes through to wrecking-ball destruction, all with a swipe of a finger.
- Ultra low-latency settings to give truly professional performance capabilities.
The app is available for purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: FLUX:FX
Arturia has launched version 1.1 of iProphet, a synth app that recreates the unique sound of the classic Sequential Circuits Prophet VS synthesizer.
The Prophet VS’s rareness and classic digital sound make it a mainstay for those who can find them and a seemingly out or reach dream for those who cannot. The sound is purely classic crisp digital sound that easily stands on its own, but at the same time is the perfect compliment to the sound of analog synthesizers.
It brings the crystaline vintage sound of four digital oscillators and allows sculpting them using a creamy & warm multimode filter. You can morph the sound of the 4 oscillators using the joystick or the vector mode and the vector envelope.
Changes in iProphet v1.1
- Updated Audiobus to 2.1.5.
- Updated for iOS8.
- Fixed MIDI channel selector not showing devices opened if iProphet was opened before then.
- Fixed the issue where every third oscillator would be the one before on preset load.
- Fixed an issue where turning the Frequency knobs all the way to the right would act as if it was at 0.
- Added the ability to delete custom presets.
iProphet is on sale for $4.99 USD until January 2nd, 2014 (50% off regular).
More information: Arturia / iProphet
Audanika has announced the release of Soundprism Electro, a brand new addition to the SoundPrism family.
The new app features a vastly improved sound engine, which is now capable of allowing the user to play multiple sounds at the same time while ensuring rock solid performance. SoundPrism Electro’s new input modes enable musicians to control bass, chords and melody with just just one tap. Another new feature of SoundPrism Electro is the ribbon controller which enables musicians to perform more expressively. With its full support for Virtual MIDI, SoundPrism Electro is an excellent MIDI controller allowing users to control other music apps in real time. The internal sound engine can also be controlled by other MIDI capable apps or hardware controllers.
SoundPrism Electro’s brand new interactive tutorial system, which explains each part of the app step by step, reacts to users’ input and guides them through Electro’s beautiful interface.
SoundPrism Electro is compatible with iPad 2 and newer devices and requires iOS 8.0. Audanika is part of the team behind Audiobus, so it’s no surprise that SoundPrism Electro is fully compatible with Audiobus, including support for Audiobus state saving.
SoundPrism Electro is available for purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD/£2.99 GBP/4.49 EUR.
More information: Audanika / Soundprism Electro
Steinberg has released version 1.8.3 of Cubasis, a sequencer app for iOS.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. You can also open your Cubasis projects in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8.3
- Implements latest Audiobus SDK (v2.1.5).
- MediaBay folders remember their state.
- Loading times of projects (subsequent loads) and undo/redo times have been greatly improved.
- Inserting Cubasis as input and output in Audiobus now works as expected again.
- Fixes a problem where triggering Cubasis with specific hardware controllers could lead to hanging and missing notes.
- Fixes an issue where the use of sustain led to hanging notes.
- Deleted audio events will now be restored correctly when performing Undo or project renaming tasks.
- Solves a critical issue where performing Undo on an edited audio file could result in data loss.
- Fixes a problem where trimmed audio events could not be restored to their original state.
- Cycle playback in audio editor now works as expected.
- Changing the locator position in the audio editor no longer results in start of playback.
- Fixes a rare issue where the playback in the audio editor could be started twice simultaneously.
- Playhead located in audio editor remains in its current position once playback has been stopped.
- Fixes a graphical issue that appeared at maximum magnification in the audio editor.
- The audio editor’s rewind button no longer triggers a playhead preview sound.
- Fixes a problem where selecting no instrument on an audio track renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Dropping files from the MediaBay onto frozen tracks is no longer possible.
- Fixes a problem where file renaming with special characters (such as emoticons) could lead to missing audio files.
- Undo steps remain available once a project has been renamed.
- Fixes a rare problem where no audio event is created after audio has been recorded.
- Glueing MIDI parts no longer restores hidden events.
- Switching from bars to seconds and performing zoom and scroll gestures no longer leads to fade out of the audio editor ruler labels.
- Several In-App help iOS 8 improvements.
- Scrolling the In-App help content on devices with iOS 8 now works as expected.
- Fixes an intermittent issue on devices with iOS 8 where the home button of the In-App help became non-functional.
- Fixes a rare problem where the Audiobus panel remained empty (app icons and controls were missing).
- AudioCopy rendered Cubasis unreliable.
- Use of Undo/redo lead in some cases to loss of audio file data.
- A problem with the positioning of automation events has been solved.
- Help typo correction.
The app is available for purchase for $49.99 USD.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
More posts that match this tag
LiquidSonics has released version 1.2.2 of Mobile Convolution, a true-stereo reverb processor for use with Audiobus and Inter-App Audio hosts. It allows impulse responses to be stretched, cropped and envelopes to be applied for shaping … read more
Camel Audio have released version 2.3.9 of its Alchemy Mobile, a free synthesizer instrument for iOS. Turn your iPad/iPhone into an expressive synthesizer studio with stunning sound quality, using the mobile version of Camel Audio’s … read more
Franke Music has released version 2 of its Stroke Machine drum and groove synthesizer and sequencer app for iPad. Program your own rhythm and groove patterns and switch between them in a live performance. Mute … read more
Igor Vasiliev at iMusicAlbum has updated the Audio Mastering app for iPad to version 2.7. Audio Mastering is designed to be the first application for iPad with 96 kHz internal and external processing truly provides … read more
Klevgränd Production has released version 1.1 of the SquashIt multiband distortion app for iOS. This audio effect filter provides an unique distortion algorithm and should be essential in every music producers toolset. SquashIt doesn’t sound … read more
Audiobus has released version 2.1 of the Audiobus app for iOS, the inter-app audio routing system that allows you to connect your Audiobus-compatible music apps together. With a simple and clean interface, easily connect the … read more
Steinberg has released version 1.8 of its Cubasis app for iPad. Version 1.8 is the biggest update so far and includes countless fixes, improvements and new features that help you to capture your songwriting ideas … read more
Novation has released version 1.5 of its Launchpad App, a free and easy-to-use iPad app that will have you making beats and music instantly. We’ve made Novation Launchpad App Even More Fun! Launchpad App lets … read more
Cakewalk has released version 1.2 of its ScratchPad music app for iOS. This update adds increased accessibility among other iPad apps, improves file sharing options, and simplifies the interface and browser. Five new In-App loop … read more
Audiobus has announced the release of the second version of its versatile Audiobus app-to-app audio routing app for iOS. The first major update to Audiobus since its initial late-2012 release launches today. With hundreds of … read more
Positive Grid has announced the release of an iPhone version of the BIAS amplifier modeler and designer app, previously released for the iPad. The new iPhone and iPod Touch version of BIAS features a number … read more
Outbound link: Positive Grid
– Related: amp
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Feb 20, 2014 - 0 comments
IK Multimedia has announced iRing, the first motion-tracking controller for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch music apps and more. Now musicians, gamers, and more can trigger sounds and control effects and other parameters of their … read more
Outbound link: IK Multimedia
– Related: Audiobus
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Fiedler Audio has released version 1.2 of AD 480 Reverb, a reverb app for iOS. The AD 480 is the first professional reverb effect app for your iDevices. In the studio, on stage, on the … read more
Camel Audio has released version 2.2.6 of the Alchemy Mobile music app for iOS. Changes in Alchemy Mobile v2.2.6 Improved MIDI CC overdubbing. Improved IAA and AudioBus support. Support for iOS 7.1. Various additional improvements. … read more
Outbound link: Camel Audio
/ Alchemy Mobile
– Related: Alchemy
, Camel Audio
Posted in news
on Dec 20, 2013 - 0 comments
Chris Wolfe has launched version 1.5 of Jasuto, a modular synthesizer for the iDevices. Jasuto allows you to visually construct your own synths/effects, and use them to make sequences all on your device! With the … read more