Franke Music has released version 2 of its Stroke Machine drum and groove synthesizer and sequencer app for iPad.
Program your own rhythm and groove patterns and switch between them in a live performance. Mute or solo individual instruments, change parameters on the fly and record your performance as high-quality audio file for sharing or later editing on your computer.
The high-contrast user interface is perfectly suited for dim light situations on stage and assists in sound creation in the studio.
Stroke Machine’s powerful synthesizer engine features high-quality Oscillator, Filter, Overdrive and Effect models, extremly fast Envelopes and LFO, sample-exact Pattern Sequencer and a sophisticated Sample, Sound and Pattern library.
Changes in Stroke Machine v2.0
- Maximum settings of Bar, Beat and Step highly increased (up to 16 bars with 16 beats with 16 steps in each pattern).
- AudioBus 2 support including saving and loading of the current Stroke Machine kit.
- Added Mix view with important mix parameters for the percussion and melody sounds like Mute, Solo, Volume, Pan, FX Bus and FX Send. To automate them, activate the respective Modulation Sequence.
- Added Pad view with big, velocity-sensitive pads for the 12 percussion sounds.
- Added MIDI channel selection for each melody sound and all percussion sounds to 1 to 16, Omni (all channels) and Off (no channel).
- Layer sounds by setting several parts to the same MIDI channel.
- Added Route button.
- Added Internal/External Sequencer button.or the sequencer of the host app.
- Added MIDI Learn.
- Added MIDI Program Change reception.
- Changed Master Volume to only control the volume of Stroke Machine rather than the overall iPad volume.
- Added Clear Pattern button in Kit view.
- Added LFO phase beat sync.
- Fixed crash when tapping Next or Previous Kit while in topmost library folder.
- Fixed crash with Share Kit/Sound on iOS 6.
- Fixed crash when editing notes while recording.
- Fixed freeze when an interruption occured such as an incoming Skype call.
- Fixed an issue with soloed parts when loading a kit.
- Fixed possible double playback of notes on first step when syncing to MIDI Clock.
- Fixed LFO rate exceeding valid bounds.
Stroke Machine for iPad is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Franke Music
Igor Vasiliev at iMusicAlbum has updated the Audio Mastering app for iPad to version 2.7.
Audio Mastering is designed to be the first application for iPad with 96 kHz internal and external processing truly provides professional audio quality when finalizing your mix. It can be used for processing audio files and as final sound processor for a mixing console (with external audio interface).
Changes in Audio Mastering v2.7
- Supports 96 kHz / 32-bit audio processing.
- Supports Audiobus 2.x in Input, Effect and Output slots.
- Added Audiobus “State Saving” feature.
- New Stereo Imaging process options.
- New color schemes.
- Built-in description updated.
- Minor bug fixes.
The app is available for purchase for $5.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering
Klevgränd Production has released version 1.1 of the SquashIt multiband distortion app for iOS.
This audio effect filter provides an unique distortion algorithm and should be essential in every music producers toolset. SquashIt doesn’t sound vintage, it just sounds good. SquashIt is developed by musicians for musicians.
Version 1.1 adds support for AudioBus 2 including state saving! It is also universal and works on iPhone 4S and later.
- SquashIt! is Inter app audio (IAA) compatible. This means you can use it with Garageband or other IAA compatible sequencers.
- AudioBus 2 compatible (including state saving).
- Load / Save presets.
- Remembers IAA hosts (will automatically load last used settings when a host connects).
- Low cpu usage.
- Simple but yet powerful user interface.
The app is available for purchase for $2.99 USD. SquashIt is also available for Mac (AU) as freeware.
More information: Klevgränd Production / SquashIt
Audiobus has released version 2.1 of the Audiobus app for iOS, the inter-app audio routing system that allows you to connect your Audiobus-compatible music apps together.
With a simple and clean interface, easily connect the output of one Audiobus-compatible app into the input of another. Use Audiobus to play a synthesizer live into a looper or multi-track recorder, or use one app to manipulate the live output of another.
Changes in Audiobus v2.1
- New Multi-Routing feature (In-App Purchase) allows unlimited connections and effect chaining.
- Presets let you save and share connections and the settings of the individual apps within your Audiobus workflow.
- Multi-channel input hardware support.
- New hardware latency controls.
Audiobus for iOS is available from the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD.
More information: Audiobus
Steinberg has released version 1.8 of its Cubasis app for iPad.
Version 1.8 is the biggest update so far and includes countless fixes, improvements and new features that help you to capture your songwriting ideas while on the move.
The 1.8 update adds numerous features such as automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support alongside a mixer-side global control panel, a phase inversion plug-in for audio channels and much more, making Cubasis the go-to choice when inspiration strikes.
Plus, there’s also a new version of the Cubase project import extension available for download.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8
- MIDI CC, Program Change, Aftertouch support (sustain pedal problems solved!).
- Mixer side global control panel.
- Phase Inversion plug-in (for audio channels).
- Redesigned effect rack.
- Audiobus 2.0.
- And much more! Find the complete list of improvements and user reported problems solved at the Cubasis forum.
Cubasis for iPad is available for $49.99 USD.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
Novation has released version 1.5 of its Launchpad App, a free and easy-to-use iPad app that will have you making beats and music instantly.
We’ve made Novation Launchpad App Even More Fun!
Launchpad App lets you make, record and share music instantly on your iPad, simply by triggering and mixing sounds on a grid.
Now version v.1.5 lets you output those songs directly into any Audiobus-compatible app!
- Add to your songs using GarageBand
- Apply external effects during live performance
- Output your beats straight to Cubasis
Changes in Launchpad App v1.5.0
- Audiobus output.
- Improved stutter FX.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
The app is available as a free download for iOS.
More information: Novation / Launchpad App
Cakewalk has released version 1.2 of its ScratchPad music app for iOS.
This update adds increased accessibility among other iPad apps, improves file sharing options, and simplifies the interface and browser. Five new In-App loop packs from Loopmasters, which are designed for easy song startup creation, are also available for download.
Changes in SratchPad v1.2
- AudioCopy & AudioPaste.
- iTunes file sharing.
- Language support for French, German, and Japanese.
- Various bug fixes.
ScratchPad for iOS is on sale for $1.99 USD for a limited time.
More information: Cakewalk / ScratchPad