Audanika has announced the release of Soundprism Electro, a brand new addition to the SoundPrism family.
The new app features a vastly improved sound engine, which is now capable of allowing the user to play multiple sounds at the same time while ensuring rock solid performance. SoundPrism Electro’s new input modes enable musicians to control bass, chords and melody with just just one tap. Another new feature of SoundPrism Electro is the ribbon controller which enables musicians to perform more expressively. With its full support for Virtual MIDI, SoundPrism Electro is an excellent MIDI controller allowing users to control other music apps in real time. The internal sound engine can also be controlled by other MIDI capable apps or hardware controllers.
SoundPrism Electro’s brand new interactive tutorial system, which explains each part of the app step by step, reacts to users’ input and guides them through Electro’s beautiful interface.
SoundPrism Electro is compatible with iPad 2 and newer devices and requires iOS 8.0. Audanika is part of the team behind Audiobus, so it’s no surprise that SoundPrism Electro is fully compatible with Audiobus, including support for Audiobus state saving.
SoundPrism Electro is available for purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD/£2.99 GBP/4.49 EUR.
More information: Audanika / Soundprism Electro
Steinberg has released version 1.8.3 of Cubasis, a sequencer app for iOS.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. You can also open your Cubasis projects in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8.3
- Implements latest Audiobus SDK (v2.1.5).
- MediaBay folders remember their state.
- Loading times of projects (subsequent loads) and undo/redo times have been greatly improved.
- Inserting Cubasis as input and output in Audiobus now works as expected again.
- Fixes a problem where triggering Cubasis with specific hardware controllers could lead to hanging and missing notes.
- Fixes an issue where the use of sustain led to hanging notes.
- Deleted audio events will now be restored correctly when performing Undo or project renaming tasks.
- Solves a critical issue where performing Undo on an edited audio file could result in data loss.
- Fixes a problem where trimmed audio events could not be restored to their original state.
- Cycle playback in audio editor now works as expected.
- Changing the locator position in the audio editor no longer results in start of playback.
- Fixes a rare issue where the playback in the audio editor could be started twice simultaneously.
- Playhead located in audio editor remains in its current position once playback has been stopped.
- Fixes a graphical issue that appeared at maximum magnification in the audio editor.
- The audio editor’s rewind button no longer triggers a playhead preview sound.
- Fixes a problem where selecting no instrument on an audio track renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Dropping files from the MediaBay onto frozen tracks is no longer possible.
- Fixes a problem where file renaming with special characters (such as emoticons) could lead to missing audio files.
- Undo steps remain available once a project has been renamed.
- Fixes a rare problem where no audio event is created after audio has been recorded.
- Glueing MIDI parts no longer restores hidden events.
- Switching from bars to seconds and performing zoom and scroll gestures no longer leads to fade out of the audio editor ruler labels.
- Several In-App help iOS 8 improvements.
- Scrolling the In-App help content on devices with iOS 8 now works as expected.
- Fixes an intermittent issue on devices with iOS 8 where the home button of the In-App help became non-functional.
- Fixes a rare problem where the Audiobus panel remained empty (app icons and controls were missing).
- AudioCopy rendered Cubasis unreliable.
- Use of Undo/redo lead in some cases to loss of audio file data.
- A problem with the positioning of automation events has been solved.
- Help typo correction.
The app is available for purchase for $49.99 USD.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
LiquidSonics has released version 1.2.2 of Mobile Convolution, a true-stereo reverb processor for use with Audiobus and Inter-App Audio hosts.
It allows impulse responses to be stretched, cropped and envelopes to be applied for shaping the sound of a reverb in a very natural and musical way. A configurable pre-delay provides the ability to push a reverb back into a sound-field or to creatively add rhythmic delay effects. The IR mirror mode adds further creative potential for ghostly reversed reverb effects with natural decays, or reverbs that gather into a crescendo.
Changes in Mobile Convolution v1.2.2
- Impulse response mirror mode has been added to help create reversed or gathering reverbs.
- Stereo to Mono down-mix for use with stereo IRs has been added to the settings menu (this helps to achieve natural panning when used as a send effect).
- Impulse response download links are automatically updated from a curated list maintained on the LiquidSonics website when connected to WiFi.
- All screens have been updated to support the larger screen sizes of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Mobile Convolution is available for purchase for $9.99 USD. The update is available now in the iTunes App Store.
More information: LiquidSonics / Mobile Convolution
Camel Audio have released version 2.3.9 of its Alchemy Mobile, a free synthesizer instrument for iOS.
Turn your iPad/iPhone into an expressive synthesizer studio with stunning sound quality, using the mobile version of Camel Audio’s award-winning Alchemy synth, which can be heard on thousands of records by world-class musicians.
Changes in Alchemy Mobile v2.3.9
- iCloud storage of favourites and user presets.
- Sound quality improvements – smoother track switching and looping.
- Audiobus 2.1 with support for iOS 8 (Audiobus on iOS6 no longer supported).
- Numerous additional improvements to performance and stability.
Alchemy Mobile v2.3.9 is available from the App Store as a free download.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Mobile
Franke Music has released version 2 of its Stroke Machine drum and groove synthesizer and sequencer app for iPad.
Program your own rhythm and groove patterns and switch between them in a live performance. Mute or solo individual instruments, change parameters on the fly and record your performance as high-quality audio file for sharing or later editing on your computer.
The high-contrast user interface is perfectly suited for dim light situations on stage and assists in sound creation in the studio.
Stroke Machine’s powerful synthesizer engine features high-quality Oscillator, Filter, Overdrive and Effect models, extremly fast Envelopes and LFO, sample-exact Pattern Sequencer and a sophisticated Sample, Sound and Pattern library.
Changes in Stroke Machine v2.0
- Maximum settings of Bar, Beat and Step highly increased (up to 16 bars with 16 beats with 16 steps in each pattern).
- AudioBus 2 support including saving and loading of the current Stroke Machine kit.
- Added Mix view with important mix parameters for the percussion and melody sounds like Mute, Solo, Volume, Pan, FX Bus and FX Send. To automate them, activate the respective Modulation Sequence.
- Added Pad view with big, velocity-sensitive pads for the 12 percussion sounds.
- Added MIDI channel selection for each melody sound and all percussion sounds to 1 to 16, Omni (all channels) and Off (no channel).
- Layer sounds by setting several parts to the same MIDI channel.
- Added Route button.
- Added Internal/External Sequencer button.or the sequencer of the host app.
- Added MIDI Learn.
- Added MIDI Program Change reception.
- Changed Master Volume to only control the volume of Stroke Machine rather than the overall iPad volume.
- Added Clear Pattern button in Kit view.
- Added LFO phase beat sync.
- Fixed crash when tapping Next or Previous Kit while in topmost library folder.
- Fixed crash with Share Kit/Sound on iOS 6.
- Fixed crash when editing notes while recording.
- Fixed freeze when an interruption occured such as an incoming Skype call.
- Fixed an issue with soloed parts when loading a kit.
- Fixed possible double playback of notes on first step when syncing to MIDI Clock.
- Fixed LFO rate exceeding valid bounds.
Stroke Machine for iPad is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Franke Music
More posts that match this tag
Igor Vasiliev at iMusicAlbum has updated the Audio Mastering app for iPad to version 2.7. Audio Mastering is designed to be the first application for iPad with 96 kHz internal and external processing truly provides … read more
Klevgränd Production has released version 1.1 of the SquashIt multiband distortion app for iOS. This audio effect filter provides an unique distortion algorithm and should be essential in every music producers toolset. SquashIt doesn’t sound … read more
Audiobus has released version 2.1 of the Audiobus app for iOS, the inter-app audio routing system that allows you to connect your Audiobus-compatible music apps together. With a simple and clean interface, easily connect the … read more
Steinberg has released version 1.8 of its Cubasis app for iPad. Version 1.8 is the biggest update so far and includes countless fixes, improvements and new features that help you to capture your songwriting ideas … read more
Novation has released version 1.5 of its Launchpad App, a free and easy-to-use iPad app that will have you making beats and music instantly. We’ve made Novation Launchpad App Even More Fun! Launchpad App lets … read more
Cakewalk has released version 1.2 of its ScratchPad music app for iOS. This update adds increased accessibility among other iPad apps, improves file sharing options, and simplifies the interface and browser. Five new In-App loop … read more
Audiobus has announced the release of the second version of its versatile Audiobus app-to-app audio routing app for iOS. The first major update to Audiobus since its initial late-2012 release launches today. With hundreds of … read more
Positive Grid has announced the release of an iPhone version of the BIAS amplifier modeler and designer app, previously released for the iPad. The new iPhone and iPod Touch version of BIAS features a number … read more
Outbound link: Positive Grid
– Related: amp
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Feb 20, 2014 - 0 comments
IK Multimedia has announced iRing, the first motion-tracking controller for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch music apps and more. Now musicians, gamers, and more can trigger sounds and control effects and other parameters of their … read more
Outbound link: IK Multimedia
– Related: Audiobus
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Fiedler Audio has released version 1.2 of AD 480 Reverb, a reverb app for iOS. The AD 480 is the first professional reverb effect app for your iDevices. In the studio, on stage, on the … read more
Camel Audio has released version 2.2.6 of the Alchemy Mobile music app for iOS. Changes in Alchemy Mobile v2.2.6 Improved MIDI CC overdubbing. Improved IAA and AudioBus support. Support for iOS 7.1. Various additional improvements. … read more
Outbound link: Camel Audio
/ Alchemy Mobile
– Related: Alchemy
, Camel Audio
Posted in news
on Dec 20, 2013 - 0 comments
Chris Wolfe has launched version 1.5 of Jasuto, a modular synthesizer for the iDevices. Jasuto allows you to visually construct your own synths/effects, and use them to make sequences all on your device! With the … read more
Holderness Media has released Swoopster, a playable flanger, fuzz, and vibrato effect for iPad. Designed for use with the Audiobus app, Swoopster is great for processing synths, drum machines and hundreds of other Audiobus compatible … read more
Cakewalk has released ScratchPad, a music app for iPad. Designed for any music-creation enthusiast on the go, loop-based ScratchPad for iOS is intended to offer a fun and easy way to create compositions for music … read more
Positive Grid has introduced the JamUp Plug HD, a professional studio quality guitar and bass interface for use with recording and performance apps on the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. “Mobile guitar players are becoming … read more
Outbound link: Positive Grid
/ JamUp Plug HD
– Related: audio interface
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Dec 03, 2013 - 0 comments