Posted in news
on Oct 31, 2013
VirSyn has announced version 1.5 of Addictive microSynth, a dynamic wavetable synthesizer app for the iPhone/iPod.
Combines the synthesis power of Addictive Synth with an easy to use 4 track loop phrase recorder.
It was never so easy to create beautiful sounds and driving loops. The unique dynamic wavetable synthesis allows you to explore an unprecedented wide range of sonic territory. From acid loops, crystal clear percussions, realistic human choirs to complex musical soundscapes nothing seems impossible with only a handful parameters to tweak.
Changes in Addictive microSynth
- Audiobus support (Input).
- Audio background mode.
- Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
- Support for Korg’s Wireless Sync-Start Technology (WIST).
- Publish loops and recordings online with the SoundCloud audio platform.
- List of loops/recordings with play function.
- iOS 7 compatibility.
- iPhone 5 graphics.
- Metronome on Loop recording.
- Many bugfixes.
The Addictive microSynth costs $3.99 USD.
More information: VirSyn / Addictive microSynth
, drum machine
Posted in news
on Oct 29, 2013
Intua has updated its BeatMaker 2 music workstation app for iOS to version 2.5.
BeatMaker 2: the most advanced mobile music workstation.
Combining music production tools that were behind the success of countless artists, BeatMaker 2 is a powerful, easy-to-use composition interface for amateurs and professionals alike.
Changes in BeatMaker v2.5
- Compatible with Apple iOS Inter-App Audio (iOS7 only, iPhone+iPad).
- Compatible with iOS 7 on all devices (fix the graphic glitch on iPhone 5S).
- INTUA Sound Store for getting new kits and sound banks.
- New effect: Stereo delay.
- MIDI note learn on drum machine: configure each drum sampler exactly like your MIDI controller.
- MIDI Clock and MIDI transport messages improved.
- Quick MIDI CC touch’n'learn on instruments, mixer and effects controls.
- Every instrument will listen on MIDI Channel #1 by default.
- Take-over mode for reading back sequencer automations.
- Looping will no longer reset automations.
- OMNI disabled by default.
- MIDI Clock messages are sent by default.
- Auto-saved sessions (“Last Session”) now saved with project name, in a special directory “Auto-saved Sessions”.
- MIDI configuration templates will now save custom note mapping.
- GM Drum mapping mode in Drum Machine MIDI configuration panel.
- Note length can be edited directly on the pattern editor.
- Missing samples will still be displayed on pads and keyboard mapping editor for easier recovery (prefixed with a cross).
- Update to Audiobus SDK 1.0.2.
- Other fixes and enhancements.
BeatMaker 2 for iOS costs $19.99 USD.
More information: Intua / BeatMaker 2
One Red Dog has announced the release of Arctic Pro, a synthesizer / vocoder app for iPad.
Arctic Pro – Be rude. Be rough. Be bold. Be tough!
Arctic Pro Synthesizer / Vocoder is a modern subtractive synthesizer for the Apple iPad. It does not aim to accurately model or re-create vintage synths of yesteryear. Instead Arctic ProSynth offers the contemporary synthesist a rude, rough, bold and tough palette of sound to get stuck into. Including two HyperOscillators, a sub oscillator, dual filters, and easy to re-order master effects. The Vocoder gives you an extra dimension to your musical performance.
Combine two HyperOscillators and one Sub Oscillator for some seriously fat sounds. Layer up to 8 oscillators in unison to create very thick and powerful tones. Spread detune and Mix these separate oscillators in real-time. More than just a “SuperSaw” – it’s also a Super-square and Super-triangle.
Legendary sound designer John ‘Skippy’ Lehmkuhl has exclusively designed the factory presets. John has worked as a professional sound designer since 1988 for Korg – making patches, combinations, drum kits as well as creating the sample data for almost every synth Korg has released since the M1. We have drawn upon his vast experience in the development of the audio engine.
Arctic ProSynth includes everything you need to record and share your audio and MIDI with others. Live record to WAV and MIDI files. Upload to SoundCloud. Paste the audio using Sonoma AudioCopy, open in other apps, or share with Kymatica AudioShare. Presets and Banks may be emailed and transferred via Wi- Fi and iTunes Files Sharing. Supports Audiobus input slode to stream live audio directly to other Audiobus- compatible apps.
Arctic ProSynth features
- Process live audio input from a microphone with the Vocoder.
- Up to 17 oscillators per voice with 4 voices.
- Dual multi-mode filters with adjustable routing.
- 16×4 gate step-sequencer with deep modulation destinations.
- Re-orderable effects processors including EQ, distortion, chorus, phaser, delay, reverb and vocoder.
- CoreMIDI support with Virtual MIDI Ports.
- Audiobus support.
Arctic ProSynth is available to purchase in the App Store for $9.99 USD.
More information: One Red Dog / Arctic Pro
iThirtySeven has released version 1.1 of its iPro.DJSampler DJ app for iOS.
The App now includes a Free Effects Pack (which includes Reverb, Flanger, Delay, Filters & more) also in the update is wicked Free EDM Sample Pack & Audiobus support has been added.
The iPro.DJSampler been designed for specifically for DJs & Musicans to use live in their performances. Features available within the App include an XY Pad to control Effects to trick up samples, fast loading of Sample Packs & a powerful Time-Stretch feature.
And there’s an in-App iPro.DJSampler Store where users can buy Features & Sample Packs for the App, including EDM, Dubstep, Electro, Dutch House, Rap & Vocal Sample packs, and many big DJs, Artists & labels are already on board, including Sample Packs from some of the world’s biggest DJs & Labels.
Changes in iPro.DJSampler v1.1
- Audiobus Support.
- Effects Pack #01 is now FREE (including Reverb, Flanger, Delay, Filters & more).
- Free EDM Sample Pack Included.
- Fix for change in YouTube video format.
- Various Bug fixes.
The iPro.DJSampler for iOS is a free download at the iTunes App Store.
More information: iThirtySeven
Sugar Bytes has announced the release of WOW2 iPad Edition, a filterbox effect app.
WOW2 is now available for your iPad! That means juiciest filtering just with a touch.
With a future-dripping user interface, 21 incredible filter types with the famous vowel mode. With distortions that cover your tracks with gas and put them on fire. Modulations that cause more trouble than your modular dark room. And finally that warm and juicy sound, that you were looking for.
WOW2 iPad Edition features
- XY-Pad to control 6 Parameter simultaneously.
- Integrated Player (iTunes File Sharing, Music Library, Factory Loops).
- Integrated Recorder (various options: Start/Stop/Sync/Length).
- Live Modus (Inputs & Outputs selectable).
- Audiobus Support (Sender & Filter).
- Audiocopy™ / Audiopaste™.
- Full Midi Support (Virtual, Network, Extern).
- Midi Clock Sync.
- Jack iOS Support.
WOW2 iPad Edition costs 13.99 EUR / $14.99 USD.
More information: Sugar Bytes / WOW2 iPad Edition
, Pulse Code
Posted in news
on Sep 13, 2013
Pulse Code has announced the release of Modular, a modular synthesizer app for iOS.
Modular, the ultimate synthesizer that will revolutionize your sound.
Modular looks, acts, and sounds like a hardware modular synthesizer to give you features that musicians want such as pulse width modulation, oscillator sync, 4 pole ladder filters, and 1v/oct filter tracking. Traditional modular systems are expensive and out of reach for the average artist. Modular is here to bridge that gap and allow everyone the opportunity to use these powerful synthesizers.
What makes modular special is the audio and visual experience you have with it. The beautifully minimal menu systems and interface, and the ultra-realistic synthesizer graphics are just the beginning. The real beauty is not what you see, but what you hear. Pristine and punchy oscillators that sound great, even at the extreme ends of the frequency spectrum. It starts with band-limited oscillators. Not just traditional methods of band-limiting, but band-limiting that enables each note you play to have the maximum number of harmonics without distorting.
- High fidelity, virtual analog synthesis, using bandlimited oscillators and oversampled filters.
- Audiobus and background audio modes.
- CoreMIDI control with external devices or internal sequencers.
- Beautifully rendered graphics.
- Dynamic workspace with intuitive navigation.
- Optional modules available individually or as a Module Bundle.
- 10-octave keyboard with classically styled arpeggiator.
- Extensive in app help with detailed module descriptions and guides.
- Record and export live performance to Soundcloud, Audio Copy, email and iTunes file sharing.
The Modular app for iOS is a free download at the iTunes App Store. Modules are available as in-app purchases for $0.99 USD each or $4.99 USD for all modules currently available.
More information: Pulse Code / Modular
VirSyn has announced the release of AudioReverb for iOS, a studio quality reverb for Audiobus and your iTunes music library.
AudioReverb is an algorithmic reverberation app which combines the flexibility of vintage algorithmic reverbs with the sonic quality of convolution based reverbs.
The creation of high quality reverb needs a realistic simulation of the important early reflections together with a smooth and colorless reverberation tail.
The early reflections are the most important clue for the human ear to get a feeling about the dimension and character of a room. Most algorithmic reverbs offer a number of different algorithms to simulate different natural rooms like chamber, halls or artificial ones like plates. AudioReverb uses impulse responses from real acoustic spaces and classical reverb algorithms to emulate their acoustical properties.
The resulting reverberation sets new standards in clarity and sense of space! Use AudioReverb for enhancing your listening experience with your favourite iTunes songs. Use AudioReverb as professional reverb plugin to improve the quality of any Audiobus compatible App.
- Algorithmic reverb generation.
- Smooth reverb tail generation.
- Early Reflection Modelling.
- 118 factory presets.
- 4 Band Equalizer.
- Audiobus compatible as input/effect/output.
- Reverberate any song in your iTunes library.
- Low latency live usage with mic and headphones.
- Audio recorder.
- Upload to SoundCloud and File Export.
- Audio pasteboard for exchange with other Apps.
AudioReverb for iOS costs $9.99 USD.
More information: VirSyn / AudioReverb
, Holderness Media
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Aug 06, 2013
Holderness Media has released version 1.4.7 of its Echo Pad multi-fx processor for iOS.
Echo Pad 1.4.7 adds two new delay effects, Oil Can Delay and Multi-tap.
Echo Pad is a realtime Multi-FX processor compatible with Audiobus including: Tape Echo, Oil Can Delay, Multi-Tap, Stereo Delay, Shimmer Delay, Smooth Filter, Decimator, Flanger, Distortion, Loopers and more. Effects are controlled by a large multi-touch pad on your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch device.
Changes in Echo Pad v1.4.7
- New effect Multi-Tap Delay, a stereo multi-tap delay with cross-feedback.
- New effect Oil Can Delay, inspired by vintage oil can reverb/echo units.
- Adjustable buffer size from 64 to 1024 samples.
- New input gain slider.
- Option to enable/disable input light animation.
- Global preferences now saved (background audio, audio buffer size setting, hardware input setting, input light animation on/off).
- Minor bugfixes.
Echo Pad costs $3.99 USD.
More information: Holderness Media / Echo Pad