TroikaLabs has released Vectorscope, a Polar and Lissajous vectorscope app for the iPad with Audiobus and external audio support.
Vectorscope is the perfect tool to analyze your stereo material. Whether you are a producer, mixer, recording artist, or student, we believe that Vectorscope will soon become an indispensable tool for all your stereo audio needs!
Vectorscope accepts audio coming either from an external iOS-compatible audio device or from an Audiobus-compatible app. Choosing one mode or the other couldn’t be easier: When the app is connected to Audiobus, the audio will be routed automatically thru it, otherwise the chosen audio source will be external — that simple!
- Polar and Lissajous function plotting.
- 2-Channel metering with peak, RMS, peak hold, and max peak readings.
- Stereo balance meter.
- Phase correlation meter.
- Autoscale or manual scaling rates (1x up to 8x).
- Adjustable scope fading rate.
- 5 color schemes.
- Mute Output button.
- External audio and Audiobus input.
- Total parameter recall.
- High resolution graphics optimized for Retina displays.
Vectorscope for iPad is available to purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD until November 15th, 2013 (regular $5.99 USD).
More information: TroikaLabs / Vectorscope
Positive Grid has announced the launch of BIAS, the world’s most complete, accurate and versatile guitar amplifier modeler and designer for iPad.
Equipped with 36 stunning replications of rock ‘n’ roll history’s most sought-after vintage and modern amps, Positive Grid’s new iPad app lets musicians dive deep into the guts of their gear to tweak every possible aspect of their architecture.
“Ask any guitarist what’s most important in a guitar amp app, and you’ll get the same answer: great tone,” says BIAS Product Manager Calvin Abel. “We didn’t think we’d be pushing the boundary by merely adding more bells and whistles to an amp simulator, so we threw out convention and focused instead on how to create the most delicious tone in as many flavors as possible. The result is BIAS, which allows guitarists to change preamp tube types, edit preamp voicing, adjust bias, audition various transformer types, swap out loudspeakers and cabinets, move microphone placement and much, much more. Never before have guitarists had such a broad palette to create their own dream amps and distinctive signature sounds.”
- The most complete, accurate and versatile amp modeling available in the world.
- 36 factory authentic amp models (28 guitar, four bass and four keyboard/vocal) included with the introductory release, plus the ability to custom-design a near-infinite variety of new topologies.
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane, acoustic and bass.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, panel controls and mic selection and placement—mix and match!.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two eight-band equalizers.
- Included room simulator adds depth and natural ambience.
- Included noise gate nips noise in the bud with high-gain setups.
- Save a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick presets recall up to eight favorites in turn with just one tap.
- Seamless integration with Positive Grid JamUp Pro XT with one finger tap.
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- Designed for iOS7.
The BIAS app is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
Marcos Alonso has released version 1.3 of the Samplr music app for iPad.
Samplr allows you to make music and play with sound in a new and intuitive way by touching the waveform on the screen with your fingers. Explore the sounds melody and texture using the different play modes and create your music compositions with the gesture recorder.
Changes in Samplr v1.3
- New Features:
- New play mode: Arpeggiator.
- MIDI Sync Input.
- Recording overdub.
- Dropbox import.
- Tap Tempo.
- Global Play/Stop.
- New loops by Carles López.
- iOS 7 support.
- 8 voices per sample.
- “Open in…” for audio files.
- Export to AudioShare.
- Latest Audiobus.
- Mono audio recordings on iOS 7.
- Audio engine crashes.
Samplr for iPad is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Samplr
Posted in news
on Oct 31, 2013 - 0 comments
VirSyn has announced version 1.5 of Addictive microSynth, a dynamic wavetable synthesizer app for the iPhone/iPod.
Combines the synthesis power of Addictive Synth with an easy to use 4 track loop phrase recorder.
It was never so easy to create beautiful sounds and driving loops. The unique dynamic wavetable synthesis allows you to explore an unprecedented wide range of sonic territory. From acid loops, crystal clear percussions, realistic human choirs to complex musical soundscapes nothing seems impossible with only a handful parameters to tweak.
Changes in Addictive microSynth
- Audiobus support (Input).
- Audio background mode.
- Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
- Support for Korg’s Wireless Sync-Start Technology (WIST).
- Publish loops and recordings online with the SoundCloud audio platform.
- List of loops/recordings with play function.
- iOS 7 compatibility.
- iPhone 5 graphics.
- Metronome on Loop recording.
- Many bugfixes.
The Addictive microSynth costs $3.99 USD.
More information: VirSyn / Addictive microSynth
, drum machine
Posted in news
on Oct 29, 2013 - 0 comments
Intua has updated its BeatMaker 2 music workstation app for iOS to version 2.5.
BeatMaker 2: the most advanced mobile music workstation.
Combining music production tools that were behind the success of countless artists, BeatMaker 2 is a powerful, easy-to-use composition interface for amateurs and professionals alike.
Changes in BeatMaker v2.5
- Compatible with Apple iOS Inter-App Audio (iOS7 only, iPhone+iPad).
- Compatible with iOS 7 on all devices (fix the graphic glitch on iPhone 5S).
- INTUA Sound Store for getting new kits and sound banks.
- New effect: Stereo delay.
- MIDI note learn on drum machine: configure each drum sampler exactly like your MIDI controller.
- MIDI Clock and MIDI transport messages improved.
- Quick MIDI CC touch’n’learn on instruments, mixer and effects controls.
- Every instrument will listen on MIDI Channel #1 by default.
- Take-over mode for reading back sequencer automations.
- Looping will no longer reset automations.
- OMNI disabled by default.
- MIDI Clock messages are sent by default.
- Auto-saved sessions (“Last Session”) now saved with project name, in a special directory “Auto-saved Sessions”.
- MIDI configuration templates will now save custom note mapping.
- GM Drum mapping mode in Drum Machine MIDI configuration panel.
- Note length can be edited directly on the pattern editor.
- Missing samples will still be displayed on pads and keyboard mapping editor for easier recovery (prefixed with a cross).
- Update to Audiobus SDK 1.0.2.
- Other fixes and enhancements.
BeatMaker 2 for iOS costs $19.99 USD.
More information: Intua / BeatMaker 2
One Red Dog has announced the release of Arctic Pro, a synthesizer / vocoder app for iPad.
Arctic Pro – Be rude. Be rough. Be bold. Be tough!
Arctic Pro Synthesizer / Vocoder is a modern subtractive synthesizer for the Apple iPad. It does not aim to accurately model or re-create vintage synths of yesteryear. Instead Arctic ProSynth offers the contemporary synthesist a rude, rough, bold and tough palette of sound to get stuck into. Including two HyperOscillators, a sub oscillator, dual filters, and easy to re-order master effects. The Vocoder gives you an extra dimension to your musical performance.
Combine two HyperOscillators and one Sub Oscillator for some seriously fat sounds. Layer up to 8 oscillators in unison to create very thick and powerful tones. Spread detune and Mix these separate oscillators in real-time. More than just a “SuperSaw” – it’s also a Super-square and Super-triangle.
Legendary sound designer John ‘Skippy’ Lehmkuhl has exclusively designed the factory presets. John has worked as a professional sound designer since 1988 for Korg – making patches, combinations, drum kits as well as creating the sample data for almost every synth Korg has released since the M1. We have drawn upon his vast experience in the development of the audio engine.
Arctic ProSynth includes everything you need to record and share your audio and MIDI with others. Live record to WAV and MIDI files. Upload to SoundCloud. Paste the audio using Sonoma AudioCopy, open in other apps, or share with Kymatica AudioShare. Presets and Banks may be emailed and transferred via Wi- Fi and iTunes Files Sharing. Supports Audiobus input slode to stream live audio directly to other Audiobus- compatible apps.
Arctic ProSynth features
- Process live audio input from a microphone with the Vocoder.
- Up to 17 oscillators per voice with 4 voices.
- Dual multi-mode filters with adjustable routing.
- 16×4 gate step-sequencer with deep modulation destinations.
- Re-orderable effects processors including EQ, distortion, chorus, phaser, delay, reverb and vocoder.
- CoreMIDI support with Virtual MIDI Ports.
- Audiobus support.
Arctic ProSynth is available to purchase in the App Store for $9.99 USD.
More information: One Red Dog / Arctic Pro
iThirtySeven has released version 1.1 of its iPro.DJSampler DJ app for iOS.
The App now includes a Free Effects Pack (which includes Reverb, Flanger, Delay, Filters & more) also in the update is wicked Free EDM Sample Pack & Audiobus support has been added.
The iPro.DJSampler been designed for specifically for DJs & Musicans to use live in their performances. Features available within the App include an XY Pad to control Effects to trick up samples, fast loading of Sample Packs & a powerful Time-Stretch feature.
And there’s an in-App iPro.DJSampler Store where users can buy Features & Sample Packs for the App, including EDM, Dubstep, Electro, Dutch House, Rap & Vocal Sample packs, and many big DJs, Artists & labels are already on board, including Sample Packs from some of the world’s biggest DJs & Labels.
Changes in iPro.DJSampler v1.1
- Audiobus Support.
- Effects Pack #01 is now FREE (including Reverb, Flanger, Delay, Filters & more).
- Free EDM Sample Pack Included.
- Fix for change in YouTube video format.
- Various Bug fixes.
The iPro.DJSampler for iOS is a free download at the iTunes App Store.
More information: iThirtySeven