AudioFront has released version 1.1 of its MIDI Expression compact Pedal to USB MIDI interface, bringing improvements to all aspects of its design.
MIDI Expression is a compact class compliant USB MIDI device that allows different types of pedals to interface with your computer. Pedal sensing technology built into the device detects the type of pedal plugged in and automatically adjusts its settings to support it.
Changes in MIDI Expression v1.1
- New Form Factor – The most dramatic change for MIDI Expression comes in the form of its casing. MIDI Expression is now housed in a 3D printed enclosure allowing it to maintain its compact form while improving its aesthetics and strength. There are also now six colors available including, white, black, red, green, blue and yellow.
- Plug-in Version – The MIDI Expression Control application is now available in both standalone and VST varieties. The new plugin version allows configurations to be injected into the device on a per project basis offering a unique level of control.
- Updated Firmware – The updated firmware contains some improvements as well. Firstly each color now has a unique MIDI Port name to facilitate working with multiple devices. Secondly the onboard LED has been improved giving the user timely visual feedback.
MIDI Expression is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: MIDI Expresion
AudioFront has announced version 184.108.40.206 of its MIDI Expression firmware and control application.
MIDI Expression is a pedal to USB MIDI interface.
This update brings a new mode for sustain pedals and footswitches called Control Change Dual CC, allowing a single pedal to send two different MIDI messages depending on how long it’s pressed.
The updated MIDI Expression features dual CC mode.
Changes in MIDI Expression v220.127.116.11
- New Features:
- Dual CC mode.
- Factory Reset Button.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue with supporting the Berhinger FCV100.
- Fixed toggle mode host synchronization.
- Fixed lag while device saves internal presets.
MIDI Expression costs $49 USD.
More information: MIDI Expression
Audiofront has announced MIDI Expression, a USB pedal interface.
MIDI Expression is a very compact class compliant USB MIDI device that allows different types of pedals to interface with your computer. Pedal sensing technolgy built into the device detects the type of pedal plugged in and automatically adjusts its settings to support that device.
MIDI Expression has four built-in configurations or presets–one for expression pedals, one for sustain pedals, one for hihat controllers, and one for footswitches. When you plug-in a pedal, the MIDI Expression detects its type and automatically loads the corresponding configuration. A software configuration application can be used to change a number of settings for each of the configurations including, Chan, CC, and response curve and more. All settings are stored in the device itself for portability.
MIDI Expression features
- Pedal Sensing Technology detects the type of pedal plugged in and reconfigures the device to ensure optimal performance and compatibility.
- Graphical preset editor.
- Editable expression curves.
- Compact portable design.
- Class Compliant (no driver required).
MIDI Expression is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: AudioFront / MIDI Expression
Audiofront has updated the DSP Trigger audio-MIDI plug-in designed for drum pads and drum replacement to version 1.5.
This latest incarnation connects multiple instances, allowing any instance to view, select, and control any other instance. Now the user can adjust all instances from a single window.
DSP Trigger is a VST drum brain that processes the audio output from drum pads and converts it to MIDI to be passed on to a drum sampler.
Changes in DSP Trigger v1.5
- New features and Improvements:
- Added Instance Selector and ability to control multiple instances from a single window.
- Auto-Select for changing instances by hitting pads.
- Instance images to help identify instances.
- Improved scan time resolution.
- Added Kickpad type input.
- Added Cross-Talk input type.
- Improved support for Yamaha PCY150.
- Numerous cosmetic improvements.
- Bug Fixes since version 1.4:
- Fixed disappearing hit decay bug.
- Projects saved while calibrating no longer reset upon reloading.
- Fixed an issue with noteoff messages and IAC in OS X.
- AU version remains responsive when input is not activated.
- DSP Trigger 1.5 will load all projects saved with earlier versions of DSP Trigger, however version 1.5 projects can not be loaded by earlier versions.
The plugin is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at $39 USD.
More information: Audiofront / DSP Trigger
AudioFront has updated the DSP Trigger drum trigger to MIDI plug-in for Windows and Mac to version 1.4.
DSP Trigger is a VST drum brain that processes the audio output from drum pads and converts it to MIDI to be passed on to a drum sampler. It allows you to enhance an existing e-drum kit, offering new features and functionality that your drum brain doesn’t natively support.
Audiofront DSP Trigger 1.4
Changes in DSP Trigger v1.4
- Now includes a Mac AU 32 / 64 bit version for Logic.
- Clip Compensation, detects clipped signals and restores the peaks on the fly. This allows DSP Trigger to function correctly on lower end audio interfaces that don’t have sufficient dynamic range. It can also be used for drum replacement to restore the dynamics of a poorly recorded drum track.
- Positional Edge Scaler, a new control that helps level out the response of a mesh pad as it’s played from center to edge. Typically the response of the pad dramatically drops off as you hit out towards the edge of the pad. The edge scaler progressively increases the velocity of those edge hits allowing for a more balanced and natural playing surface.
- Improved preset system, redesgined to make it more intuitive and user friendly. Presets can now be previewed without actually loading them making easy to what’s in the slot you are about load or save.
- New graphical input type selector.
DSP Trigger for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $39 USD.
More information: AudioFront / DSP Trigger
AudioFront has updated DSP Trigger, a drum trigger to MIDI plug-in. DSP Trigger is a VST drum brain that processes the audio output from drum pads and converts it to MIDI to be passed on … read more
AudioFront has updated DSP Trigger, a plugin that converts drum pad hits to MIDI. DSP Trigger is a miniature VST drum brain that processes the audio output from drum pads and converts it to MIDI … read more
AudioFront has released version 1.1 of DSP Trigger, a software-based audio to MIDI converter. Unlike similar products on the market, it is specifically designed to be used with drum pads and as such provides faster … read more
AudioFront has announced the release of DSP Trigger, a software based audio to MIDI converter for Windows. It processes the audio output from drum pads and converts it to MIDI without the need of a … read more
AudioFront has released DSP Trigger FREE, a feature reduced version of the software based audio to MIDI converter DSP Trigger. It processes audio output from drum pads and converts it to MIDI without the need … read more