Ross Bencina has updated the AudioMulch software for live performance, audio processing, sound design and music composition to version 2.2.3.
This is a stability update. It fixes several crashes, bugs with LiveLooper, PulseComb and SDelay contraption behavior, and a number of plugin hosting issues (mostly on Mac). It is recommended that users of version 2.2.0 thru 2.2.2 upgrade now.
Changes in AudioMulch v2.2.3
- Fixed bug where clicking the LiveLooper Start button would sometimes not start recording, especially with high CPU load or when the audio driver buffer size was not set to a multiple of 64 samples.
- Fixed crash: assertion failure “length >= fadeLengthSamples_” if you changed the sample rate in AudioMulch’s Audio General settings while LiveLooper was recording.
- Fixed bug where PulseComb hold would get permanently stuck on if you set the Hold Quantize Divisions multiplier to zero with Quantize Amount set to non-zero.
- Fixed bug in PulseComb hold quantize behavior (present since version 2.1): Hold Quantize was taking priority over the Hold Period causing rapid holds when the hold duration should have been at least as long as Hold Period. To get the previous “buggy” behavior use a very short Hold Period.
- Fixed bug in SDelay where delay times would not be displayed correctly (clamped to a maximum value of 32) when recalling presets that switched delay units from rhythmic units to milliseconds.
- Display preset names in preset automation hover tooltips.
- Fixed crash when recalling AudioMulch presets with DFX Transverb VST Plugin.
- Mac: fixed crash when selecting the contraption editor “Close All” menu item when the mouse cursor was positioned over a sub-control of the editor.
- Mac: fixed bug where using the “Refresh Plugins List” context menu would cause subsequent documents to load the wrong VST plugins until AudioMulch was restarted.
- Mac: increased limit on concurrently open file handles to improve compatibility with some streaming sampler plugins (e.g. NI Kontakt). Fixes crashes when selecting File > Open… or File > Save As… after using a Kontakt sample set that streams many files from disk.
- Mac: fixed VST plugin unloading logic that could cause crashes when mixing VST and AU versions of some plugins (e.g. Korg Legacy).
- Mac: fixed white flashes when closing some Audio Unit plugin custom editor windows.
- Mac (OS X 10.7 Lion only): fixed intermittent crash when switching Metasurface to full screen.
AudioMulch for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $189 USD.
More information: AudioMulch
Tons of sample libraries are released week in week out, and I reckon it’s getting increasingly harder to get noticed. Still, every once in a while there’s a sample library that grabs my attention. Since … read more
Outbound link: Samplephonics
/ Analogue Witchcraft
– Related: AudioMulch
, Paul Rez
, samples and sound libraries
, sound design
Posted in reviews
on Sep 21, 2012 - 0 comments
Ross Bencina has released version 2.2 of AudioMulch, the creative software for live performance, audio processing, sound design and music composition. AudioMulch allows you to make music by patching together a range of sound producing … read more
Ross Bencina has released version 2.1 of AudioMulch, an interactive music studio for Windows and Mac. This version includes support for custom time signatures, Audio Unit plugin support on Mac OS X, new dynamics processing … read more
Outbound link: AudioMulch
– Related: AU
, compressor and limiter
, GUI and skins
, Ross Bencina
Posted in news
on Aug 05, 2010 - 0 comments
Ross Bencina has released version 2.0.4 of AudioMulch, a software for live performance, audio processing, sound synthesis and music composition. This update resolves a small number of bugs to improve stability on both Mac OS … read more
Some interesting things I found recently: # MidiFighter Kit Ean Golden at djtechtools writes: I am pleased to announce that in 2 weeks time we will be selling DIY MidiFighter kits in the web-store. This … read more
, Audio Geek Zine
, circuit bending
, Illuminated Sounds
, Mark Mosher
, Ohm Force
, open source
, random posts
, Sample Magic
Posted in random posts
on Nov 23, 2009 - 0 comments
Ross Bencina has released version 2.0.2 of AudioMulch, an interactive musician’s environment for PC and Mac. This version includes usability improvements and bug fixes. Improvements have been made to Audio/MIDI synchronisation on Mac and to … read more
Ross Bencina has released version 2.0.1 of AudioMulch, an interactive music studio for real-time sound synthesis, music composition and performance-oriented audio processing. This update resolves critical bugs and includes fixes for user interface glitches, improvements … read more
Ross Bencina has announced the release of AudioMulch 2.0, an interactive music studio for real-time sound synthesis, music composition and performance-oriented audio processing. AudioMulch 2.0 delivers a major user interface update, with work-flow improvements including … read more
Ross Bencina has posted some preliminary information on AudioMulch 2.0, the upcoming version of the interactive music studio software for real-time sound synthesis, music composition and performance-oriented audio processing. AudioMulch 2.0 is now in the … read more
AudioMulch version 1.0rc1 is now available. This version will expire on January 14th 2006. AudioMulch is an interactive musician’s environment for computers running Microsoft Windows. Bringing together the popular with what has up to now … read more