, analyser and monitor
, effect plugins
, NuGen Audio
Posted in news
on Nov 13, 2014 - 0 comments
NUGEN Audio has announced that it has supplied licenses of its VisLM loudness metering plug-in to 41 student television stations throughout the U.K.
All members of the National Student Television Association (NaSTA), the student stations will use the plug-ins to help them comply with the European Broadcasting Union’s EBUR128 loudness recommendations, and also as a training tool for students to gain loudness monitoring experience in preparation for professional careers.
“People usually think of television as a visual medium, but they are more likely to notice flawed audio. Therefore, it’s critical that broadcast sound be flawless, not only to meet regulations but also to provide the best possible experience for viewers,” said Mitchell Perry, NaSTA marketing officer. “With its generous sponsorship, NUGEN Audio is giving our student members an opportunity that is simply not available in most of the U.K.’s television production courses: a chance to learn about loudness management and how to edit sound according to industry standards. After working with VisLM, students will be able to add another valuable skill to their CVs and increase their employability.”
VisLM is an intuitive, standard-compliant tool for measuring, comparing, and contrasting loudness during production, broadcast, post-production, and quality assurance, on the fly or after the fact, for entire sections of audio. With detailed, objective loudness measurement, history, and logging facilities, VisLM supports ITU, ATSC, EBU, and Game Audio standards to ensure loudness compliance for titles to be distributed virtually anywhere in the world.
NaSTA distributed the VisLM licenses to student stations throughout its network in Scotland, England, and Wales. VisLM is in use daily by on-campus television stations to create and edit programs ranging from major events and sports matches to coverage of student elections.
“For more than 40 years, NaSTA has played a lead role in supporting, promoting, and representing student television in the U.K.,” said Jon Schorah, founder and creative director, NUGEN Audio. “It is our pleasure to assist NaSTA in this effort, and it’s gratifying to know that our technology is helping these future television professionals develop the skills they need to be successful.”
More information: NUGEN Audio
NUGEN Audio has announced the release of version 2 of Visualizer, an update to the audio analysis suite and real-time comparison toolset designed for high-end audio professionals.
Ideal for music mixing and mastering as well as audio post-production, Visualizer provides comprehensive audio analysis for recording, mixing, and mastering in a single tool — now available as a plug-in or a stand-alone version. The standardized reference set of professional tools is designed to help audio engineers work faster, avoid mistakes, repeat past successes, and leverage the success of others. With version 2, Visualizer features numerous user interface enhancements in response to customer input, and is now available in a version supporting Avid Pro Tools HDX as well as a stand-alone configuration.
“Visualizer version 2 demonstrates our ongoing commitment to our thousands of existing users, as well as the Avid community, by including many highly requested user interface features and the latest techniques for comparative audio analysis and usability. In fact, this version is our first Pro Tools HDX plug-in,” said Jon Schorah, founder and creative director, NUGEN Audio. “Through more flexible use of display real estate and more robust diagnostic power, Visualizer is now the most powerful single analysis tool on the market. Engineers can access precisely the information they need, when they need it, and with no unnecessary clutter.”
Visualizer Version 2 now includes a fully resizable interface, enabling users to set up the exact screen configuration to suit their individual workflows. A new multiview feature enables engineers to compare multiple sources using a single plug-in, and a new difference view shows the contrast of two input signals. Visual “solo” controls for all views enable rapid switching to full screen mode and highly efficient in-depth investigation of individual analysis views.
In addition, Visualizer now includes a moveable vectorscope boundary to further enhance view configuration, and a new Correlation by Frequency view for analyzing how certain frequencies can affect correlation.
Visualizer now works with the NUGEN Audio “Send” plug-in to allow two sources to be overlaid or compared, for example, to reveal differences clearly before or after the mastering chain or for notching out.
With version 2, Visualizer is available as a stand-alone application that works outside of the DAW/NLE environment. Visualizer version 2 is also available in a hybrid HDX version designed for power users of Pro Tools HDX systems.
Visualizer 2 is available for purchase for MSRP $199 USD (native) / $249 USD (Pro Tools HDX). A free upgrade is available for customers within the 3-month grace period. Other existing users may upgrade for $99 USD, or for $149 USD to upgrade to the Pro Tools HDX Version.
More information: NUGEN Audio / Visualizer
iZotope has released Ozone 6, the latest version of the creative mastering suite for Windows and Mac.
Elevate a good-sounding mix to a professional-sounding master with Ozone. iZotope’s critically acclaimed mastering software has all the tools you need to produce a full and polished sound.
With a striking new interface and a modern workflow, Ozone 6 both guides and inspires your creativity at every step.
The Advanced version of Ozone 6 includes a powerful new Dynamic EQ that lives and breathes with your music, as well as eight component plug-ins and a suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone 6
- New Analog Hardware-modeled EQ filter shapes — Harness the sonic characteristics of classic EQ designs with new filter shapes including Baxandall Bass and Treble filters and API-style Proportional Q filters. Also new to Ozone 6 are Band Shelf filters and Resonant High and Low shelves.
- Surgical Mode — All digital linear-phase filters are now matched to analog shapes; however, Surgical Mode allows you to utilize the precision of digital shapes for extreme cuts with minimum slope.
- Variable EQ Phase Control — Digital linear-phase filters now feature per-node variable phase control for subtly adding phase delay to smooth out boosts that may sound harsh.
- Seamless Bypass — Audition changes to your audio by gain-matching bypassed audio to your Ozone-processed signal for faster and more accurate A/B testing.
- Customizable Signal Chain — Host your third-party VST/AU plug-ins in the standalone application. Then build your mastering signal chain from scratch or load a preset and add, remove, and swap the order of modules.
- Module Gain Meters — Monitor gain-staging across processing modules with Module Gain Meters that instantly illustrate where you’re boosting and cutting gain across your signal chain.
- Transient Emphasis — Preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness with Transient Emphasis, which adds smart emphasis to transients by preserving sharp attacks.
- Diode and Dual Triode Exciter Modes — Modeled after actual hardware circuitry, these Exciter modes offer vintage saturation from subtle warmth to more pronounced edge.
- Stereoize Control — Add width to narrow or mono recordings without introducing phase artifacts.
- Variable Knee Compression — Get precise control over compression characteristics by choosing between hard and soft compression.
- Dynamics Detection Enhancements — Simulate smoother analog-style compression with both High-Pass and API Thrust-inspired Tilt filters. Use the True Envelope detection mode for RMS-style compression (flat frequency response and low distortion) triggered equally across the frequency spectrum.
- New Presets — All newly designed presets utilize the improvements introduced in Ozone 6 including new Component Plug-in Presets with Ozone Advanced.
- Standalone Application — Now available as both a plug-in and as a standalone application, Ozone 6 adds a number of forward-thinking features that simplify traditional mastering workflows, including:
- Automatic color-coded waveform segmentation.
- Tops/tails trims and fades with multiple shape types.
- Third-party plug-in hosting (VST/AU Support).
- Single/all-track export with iZotope SRC (sample rate conversion).
- Auto-adjusted MBIT+ Dither at output.
- Fully contained project folders.
Changes in Ozone 6 Advanced
- Dynamic EQ Module — Ozone Advanced adds the new Dynamic EQ module, an EQ that lives and breathes with your music. Harness the precision of an equalizer with the musical ballistics of a compressor. Integrated with an intuitive workflow, these processors work in concert to create a valuable mastering tool that excels where traditional EQs and compressors fail.
- Dynamic EQ Component Plug-in — Ozone 6 Advanced also includes a component Dynamic EQ plug-in for use throughout your audio editing software signal chain.
Ozone 6 is available for purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD through November 13th, 2014 (regular $249 USD). Ozone 6 Advanced is $599 USD (regular $999 USD).
More information: iZotope / Ozone 6
Avid has announced the release of Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic, two new Avid Artist Suite series audio plug-ins that help audio professionals quickly and easily create optimized audio mixes that stand out from the crowd.
The new Avid Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic audio plug-ins, part of the newly expanded Pro Series, deliver on Avid Everywhere™ by giving customers the efficient, flexible, and high-quality tools they need to quickly and easily create optimized audio mixes that stand out from the crowd.
Avid Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic are designed for professionals who demand the highest-quality tools for audio post and music production. These new plug-ins build on the openness and flexibility that are key tenets of Avid Everywhere, featuring compatibility with AAX Native 64, AAX DSP 64, and AudioSuite 64 formats for Pro Tools® | HDX, Pro Tools | Native, and other systems running Pro Tools 11 and higher.
These new plug-ins join the existing Pro Compressor, Pro Expander, and Pro Limiter options to form a complete suite of audio processing tools that offer professionals a powerful, easy way to handle complex audio post sessions and low-latency monitoring during multi-track recording sessions. Additionally, Avid Pro Series plug-ins are capable of working with 7.1 surround sound formats, enabling users to efficiently create the high-quality, complex mixes that clients today demand.
“The world’s leading audio professionals use Pro Series plug-ins to create high-quality mixes in the most demanding music and audio post-production environments,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. “The new Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic plug-ins help customers take on the most demanding projects with even greater power and flexibility, and deliver high-quality mixes faster and easier than ever.”
The plug-ins are available for purchase for MSRP $299 USD, 239 EUR excluding VAT. Rental pricing: 31-day rental $49 USD, 7-day rental $19 USD.
More information: Avid
FabFilter has released version 2.01 of its Pro-Q 2 equalizer effect plug-in, with improvements to the piano display and solo mode along with various bug fixes.
Just released in August 2014, FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is a major update to the Pro-Q equalizer plug-in with new features such as Full Screen mode, Natural Phase processing, Auto Gain, Spectrum Grab, Gain-Q interaction and universal filter slope support.
Changes in Pro-Q v2.01 features
- Improved the piano display: you can now drag multiple selected curves in parallel, and double-clicking the piano display creates a new curve at this position.
- Improved solo mode for Bell and Notch filters to better isolate the frequency area of interest. When soloing Low/High-Cut filters, the Q value now always stays the same, making it easier to just fine-tune the frequency.
- Added support for displaying the current EQ curve in Avid’s S6 control surface.
- Fixed a bug in the Auto Gain feature: it would not correctly compensate bands that are in per-channel mode (L/R or M/S). For example, splitting a stereo band would double the auto gain effect. This now works as intended while preserving compatibility with existing saved sessions. When working with an existing session that uses Auto Gain, simply disable and re-enable Auto Gain to get the new behavior.
- Fixed a bug in the VST3 plugin that could cause the sound to stay the same (not using the new parameter values) after using Undo or loading a preset.
- Fixed a bug in the VST3 plugin that caused the saved parameter state to be ignored when opening a saved Audio Montage in WaveLab 8 (this fix is not needed for WaveLab 8.5.10).
- Fixed a bug in the VST3 plugin that caused the latency to be reported as zero when opening a saved Audio Montage in WaveLab 8 and 8.5.
- Fixed a bug in Natural Phase mode that could cause an incorrect frequency response with some rare combinations of frequency and slope settings with Low Cut and Notch filters.
- Fixed a bug when double-clicking a control to enter a new value: clicking outside the input box now accepts the new value while previously it would discard it.
- Fixed a bug in the AU plugin: pressing Cmd+Q to quit the host while Pro-Q 2 was in full screen mode would cause it to crash.
- Fixed a bug when zooming out in the display when Analyzer Freeze is enabled: this would create a large blob on the left side of the display in the analyzer.
- Fixed a bug with Full Screen mode in the 32-bit VST2 plugin in Cubase on Mac OS X when ‘Always on top’ was enabled: the plugin window would float on top of the full screen window. In addition, keystrokes are now correctly passed to Cubase in this case (e.g. playback start/stop).
- Small other bug fixes and improvements.
FabFilter Pro-Q 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/AudioSuite) is available for purchase for 149 EUR/$199 USD/£124 GBP. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-Q 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available.
More information: FabFilter / Pro-Q 2
More posts that match this tag
iZotope has announced the release of RX 4, the next generation of its industry-standard audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac. iZotope’s award-winning software transforms flawed audio into pristine, usable material by removing noises, distortions, … read more
Outbound link: iZotope
/ RX 4
– Related: AAX
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 12, 2014 - 0 comments
FabFilter has released Pro-Q 2, an updated version of its equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. New features — such as Full Screen mode, unique Natural Phase processing, Auto Gain, Spectrum Grab, Gain-Q interaction, … read more
Zynaptiq has announced the release of UNCHIRP, a codec artifact removal and transient retrieval effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. UNCHIRP is a plug-in for removing the most obnoxious artifacts associated with lossy audio encoding … read more
FabFilter has introduced Pro-Q 2, an update to the Pro-Q equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. In this tutorial, Dan Worrall introduces FabFilter Pro-Q 2, the successor of FabFilter’s popular Pro-Q equalizer plug-in. After … read more
Sound Radix has released version 1.0.5 of 32 Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter for Mac. We’ve plucked every last hair from our eyebrows and we’re happy to finally bring you complete Virtual … read more
SoundToys has released version 4.4.2 of its audio effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac. The update includes 64-bit support for the Speed tempo and pitch control plug-in. This update corrects some minor issues, enhances some … read more
Nugen Audio has announced the release of SEQ-S, a high-fidelity, linear-phase equalizer ideal for music production and mastering as well as film and post-production applications. With support for mono, stereo, 5.1, and 7.1 surround, SEQ-S … read more
Audio Ease has updated its Altiverb reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac to version 7.2.2. Altiverb 7 is the industry standard convolution reverb plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows. It uses top quality … read more
Nugen Audio has announced the release of a significant update of its Visualizer audio analysis suite. Designed for high-end music production professionals, Visualizer now supports the Avid AAX 64-bit format for both PC and Mac, … read more
Synchro Arts has released version 2.5 of its Revoice Pro software for Windows and Mac. Revoice Pro can automatically and instantly transfer the timing, pitch, intonation or loudness features from one signal to another. Revoice … read more
Acon Digital has released version 1.1 of its DeVerberate, a plug-in that can attenuate or boost the reverberation present in recorded material. Along with quality and user interface improvements, the new version also supports the … read more
Exponential Audio has updated its PhoenixVerb and R2 reverb effect plug-ins to version 1.5.0. Improvements include AudioSuite support for AAX plugins, a number of new presets, and several bug fixes. Changes in PhoenixVerb v1.5.0 / … read more
SoundToys has announced it is now officially supporting Pro Tools 11 for Mac with native AAX 64 versions of its plug-ins. We are very proud to announce this new version FREE for registered users. It … read more
Outbound link: SoundToys
– Related: AAX
, effect plugins
, Pro Tools
, RTAS< VST
Posted in news
on Oct 31, 2013 - 0 comments
iZotope has announced the release of Nectar 2, a collection of intelligent production tools designed specifically for voice. Flawless vocal production is just a click away. From quick corrections to limitless creativity, Nectar 2 treats … read more
Outbound link: iZotope
/ Nectar 2
– Related: AAX
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 18, 2013 - 1 comment
FabFilter has announced the availability of FabFilter Pro-MB, a brand-new multiband compression/expansion plug-in introducing unique workflow and signal processing advancements. Featuring free placement of bands anywhere in the spectrum and a newly developed Dynamic Phase … read more