Audiowiesel has launched Snaps & Claps, an instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt 5.
We truly believe that this tool solves a specific problem! And that is, using the right snap or clap sounds in your tracks. We created this library as a time-saver to prevent us from doing the same work over and over again. In particular, recording snaps/claps in the studio and mixing them afterwards. Instead, we put an enormous amount of work and time into flexibility and detail in order to make this tool as helpful as possible.
Snaps & Claps features
- Insane 60 round robin notes for each of the 4 velocity layer.
- 5 different mic positions: 0.5 ft, 2 ft, 4 ft, 7 ft and 10 ft.
- Ensemble builder up to 20 snaps or claps at a time.
- Controlled randomness for pitch, velocity and starting time.
- Stereo width and panorama control.
- VI-Control forum user preset bank (72 hand-picked .nki patches);.
- See patch list under ‘Details’ on the bottom of this page.
- Dry samples are also included as bonus.
- 2,880 samples / 224 MB Kontakt .ncw format.
- 44.1kHz / 24bit / stereo.
The library is available for purchase for 12 EUR / $15 USD (prices excl. VAT). Requires full retail version of Kontakt v5.3 or higher.
More information: Audiowiesel / Snaps & Claps
Audiowiesel has released Sub, a new instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
It is very common to enhance the low end of certain instruments in the mixing process. This is not only true for kick drums or low percussions but also for harmonic instruments like basses (acoustic or electric) or even sound effects. A simple sine wave underneath those instruments can make a huge difference.
Normally, you would use a generic sine wave generator but probably you will run into one or more of the following problems:
- you cannot play a part since you have to automate the pitch by hand
- the only way to shape the sound of the sine wave (AHDSR) is by using additional plugins or effects
- if you want to know the frequency value of a speicific pitch, you have to look it up in a chart
- a generic sine wave generator is monophonic, you cannot add an additional octave to the sub tone
- it is quite complicated to cover different articulations of an instrument like legato, spiccato, etc. …
If you are looking for a solution to these problems, Sub is for you! Use it, abuse it and please share your work with us.
Sub is available for purchase for 6 EUR / $8 USD.
More information: Audiowiesel / Sub
Audiowiesel has announced the release of E-Ukulele, a free ukulele instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt 5.
We sampled an electronic ukulele (Les Paul model) from Epiphone. At the beginning it was just a fun project and we kept adding new sample content for private use only. Now, we decided to make this available to the public as free download in order to let everybody use this in their own productions.
All samples in E-Ukulele are mixed totally dry in order to give you the greatest amount of flexibility. This way you have total freedom of spatial placement and the role E-Ukulele plays in your production (like a melodic or background instrument).
- 11x round robin per note per velocity (single notes).
- 14x round robin per chord per velocity (7x down-stroke, 7x up-stroke).
- Everything is in 4 velocity layers (Core).
- 10 different chord structures on every root tone (major, major6, major(-7), major7, major9, minor, minor6, minor(-7), sus2, sus4 and even dead notes).
- Control over ADR and round robin.
- 1.2 GB Kontakt .ncw format.
- Sample resolution: 44,1kHz / 24bit / stereo.
E-Ukulele is a free download at Audiowiesel. Requires full version of Kontakt v5.3 or higher.
More information: Audiowiesel / E-Ukulele
Audiowiesel has released Hammered Acoustic Guitar, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Hammered Acoustic Guitar (HAG) is the result of “playing” an Ibanez AE acoustic guitar with drum sticks and brushes. In order to make it punchy and powerful we used two steel strings and tuned them to same pitch. This way we could maintain a slight modulation of the sound, a beat frequency.
But we did not stop after recording single notes. In fact, we have expanded the concept and did additional recording sessions dedicated to percussion and effect sounds. Especially the FX content is heavily processed and offers great material for musical sound design. Check out the special features of each package in the tab menu below. Also, you shouldn’t miss to take a closer look at the patch list.
Hammered Acoustic Guitar features
- More than 45 patches (Full Bundle).
- Up to 9x round robin per note per velocity (Core).
- Up to 7 velocity layers (Core).
- Morphing feature included in percussion patches (FX & Perc).
- 4 tonal fx patches (FX & Perc) [1 /w 16 ambiences, 3 /w random detune function].
- Size Core content: 1.4 GB Kontakt .ncw format.
- Size FX & Percussion: 1.1 GB Kontakt .ncw format.
- Sample resolution: 44.1kHz / 24-bit stereo.
The sample library costs 109 EUR / $139 USD. Core and FX & Percussion packs are sold individually for 59 EUR / $79 USD each. Prices ex VAT.
More information: Audiowiesel / Hammered Acoustic Guitar