Audjoo has released a new beta of Helix, a freeware synth plug-in for Windows PC.
Changes in this beta
- New: simple LP filter
- Changed: filter-Q turned into filter-Res (and code to handle old presets)
- Fixed: GUI refresh bug
- Fixed: slider speed
Helix is starting to look quite pretty (thanks to Jörgen @ Northernbeat Audio). I find the controls a little hard to work with but it’s definitely a major improvement.
Visit Audjoo for more information, and a link to download the latest beta.
Audjoo (Jonas Norberg) has updated Helix beta.
Changes since the July 7 beta
- Possible fix for a multithreaded issue
- Proper Mono and Legato Modes. Fixed a bug that caused a click when using the Mono-mode
- Copy-Phases, if you’re modulating “morph” you definitely want this. Tweaked some of the presets to use the “copy-phases” functionality (Emulated Sync needed this)
- Exponential envelope-shape looking more like an exponential decay
- Loop points in step sequencer
- Fixed filter in delay (only filter one feedback loop, and open filter means open filter).
- Added 3 modes to the delay
- Now can do Stereo-cross (the original mode), Left Cross, Right Cross, and Stereo
- Added shapes for Envelope phases (linjear, smooth, early, late)
- Changed super-panning to be same as an established softsynth (all voices panned “as much as possible”)
- Fixed Super-voice-Panning and phase bugs
- Some changes in the GUI and fixed a GUI-redraw issue
The GUI still doesn’t look very inviting, but please give it a try anyway.
Visit Audjoo for more information and a link to download the latest beta.
Audjoo (Jonas Norberg) has released a new beta of Helix, a freeware wavetable-shaping subtractive hybrid VSTi plugin.
Updated in this beta
- Rewrote Reverb
- Fixed Super-Saw-Phase issues
- GUI is not based on a psd anymore
- Added lowpass to “unstable” control
Like in the last beta, the GUI doesn’t look so appetizing, but please do give this one a try because it sounds pretty sweet!
Visit Audjoo for more information and a link to download the latest beta of Helix.
Jonas Norberg has released a first public beta of Helix, a freeware “wave-table-shaping-subtractive-hybrid” synth.
- Four oscillators with individual nine voice “unison” for an amazing 36 oscillators per voice
- Powerful spectral morphing through innovative wave-table-shaping
- A plethora of filters, ranging from standard low pass to per-voice-phaser
- 35 Presets included
The download package includes comprehensive documentation.
Helix is an open source project and you can get the source files from SourceForge.
The GUI is a bit big and probably won’t win a beauty contest, but Helix sounds really sweet, so please don’t let the looks put you off.
Note: if you’re experiencing problems with the GUI, make sure the .psd skin file is in the same directory as the .dll file.
More information: Jonas Norberg
Jonas Norberg has released Sniper, a freeware VST plug-in which contains 64 narrow notch filters controlled by MIDI.
By default no filters are active. When a note-on is received a group of notch filters corresponding to the harmonic content of the note is started.
In special circumstances this plug-in allows you to remove or attenuate specific instruments from a mix while leaving the other virtually untouched.
Check Jonas Norberg’s page for more information and a link to download Sniper.