Hal Leonard has announced it has published Pitch Correction Software Now!, a guide to the most innovative and popular pitch correction titles today and how to apply them to your music.
Since Auto-Tune was released in 1997, pitch correction has become a standard component to modern audio production, both as an effect and as a discrete processing tool. The technology has matured considerably since then, and pitch correction is now available in many different flavors. Pitch Correction Software Now! offers a practical guide full of tips and tricks designed to quickly get you up to speed with the most popular pitch-correction products available today.
From the popular and slick T-Pain Effect by pitch correction powerhouse iZotope to professional polyphonic pitch correction using Celemony’s Melodyne DNA, this focused tutorial makes it easy to choose the best pitch-correction products for your music creation needs and helps you incorporate them into your music production workflow.
Accomplished music industry writer Max Mobley uses his easy-to-understand writing style and industry expertise to deliver a book that provides clear and concise practical advice in setting up and using several different pitch-correction plug-ins, including Antares’ newest version of Auto-Tune, Auto-Tune Live. From live stages to home studios, whether you want a vocal effect or precise, transparent monophonic or polyphonic pitch processing, Pitch Correction Software Now! puts music producers of all levels on the fast track to mastering the many forms of modern pitch correction.
The book is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
More information: Hal Leonard / Pitch Correction Software Now!
Hal Leonard Books has published Mastering Auto-Tune by Max Mobley, the definite guide to the most important music technologies of the past 15 years.
From bedroom studios to the stages at Coachella, Auto-Tune pitch correction has become an integral part of music production and performance. Mastering Auto-Tune provides users of all levels a handy, comprehensive guide to getting the most out of this key music production technology, from the ubiquitous Auto-Tune effect heard on countless hit singles to the discrete pitch correction applied to countless albums and live performances.
Former product and support manager for the music industry (including Antares Audio Technologies, the makers of Auto-Tune) Max Mobley uses a conversational style without cutting corners on key technical terms and concepts.
Mastering Auto-Tune approaches pitch correction with various workflow scenarios and creative objectives in mind, including
- the fastest way to get professional results using the Auto-Tune vocal effect
- the secrets behind applying pitch correction to a vocal track in such a transparent way that not even the singer will know it has been applied
- speedy, real-time pitch correction using Auto-Tune’s Auto Mode
- surgical offline pitch-correction editing using Auto-Tune’s Graph Mode
- pitch correction on musical instruments
- and even how to use Auto-Tune for melody creation.
Also included is detailed information on Antares’ newest software, Auto-Tune Live. In short, this book is the definitive guide to one of the most important music technologies of the past 15 years.
The book is available to purchase for $16.99 USD.
More information: Hal Leonard / Mastering Auto-Tune
g200kg has updated its KeroVee pitch correction and RoVee voice changer plug-ins for Windows.
KeroVee is focused to so-called ‘Autotune effect’ or ‘T-Pain effect’, that is robotic but different from the vocoder. KeroVee can mix two independent transposed outputs of pitch-corrector and bypassed output.
RoVee is a VoiceChanger / formant tweaking plugin that works as a VST effect. That can convert voices to like male, female, toys or robotic. RoVee is a cut-down version of full featured pitch-correction plugin ‘KeroVee’.
g200kg’s free KeroVee pitch correction effect plugin.
Changes in KeroVee / RoVee
- KeroVee 1.61: Fix squealing when low freq noise input.
- KeroVee 1.60: Improved noise suppression.
- KeroVee 1.60: Nuance parameter is added.
- KeroVee 1.60: Optimized to SSE2. CPU consumption is improved.
- RoVee 1.21: Fixed, value editing from keyboard is not functional.
- RoVee 1.21: Fine adjustment of noise suppressing.
- RoVee 1.20: Mis-octave noises are reduced by improved algorithm.
Both plug-ins are available to download for Windows (VST) free of charge.
More information: g200kg
Plugin Boutique has launched a special offer on Antares plug-ins, offering a free copy of the Mic Mod EFX classic microphone modeler with a purchase of selected titles.
Buy either AVOX Evo, Auto-Tune 7, Auto-Tune Vocal Studio and get Mic Mod EFX free!
The offer is available for a limited time only.
More information: Plugin Boutique
Antares has announced its Auto-Tune Live real-time pitch correction and auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac.
Whether you’re performing on stage or tracking vocals in the studio, Auto-Tune Live features genuine Antares Auto-Tune technology optimized for real-time pitch correction or creatively modifying the intonation of a performance.
Like all members of the Auto-Tune family, Auto-Tune Live can correct the pitch of vocals and other solo instruments, in real time, without distortion or artifacts, while preserving all of the expressive nuance of the original performance, as well as create the iconic Auto-Tune Vocal Effect.
Antares Auto-Tune Live — World standard professional pitch correction optimized for tracking and live performance with ultra-low latency and comprehensive MIDI control.
Auto-Tune Live features
- Ultra low-latency performance for virtually instant response on stage or when tracking in the studio.
- Real-time MIDI control of Auto-Tune Live’s key performance parameters.
- MIDI control of target notes that lets you define target pitches in real-time during performance.
- A Humanize function for pitch correction that is even more natural and realistic.
- Natural vibrato control that lets you modify (in real time) the depth of any vibrato that is present in the original performance.
- Formant correction and Antares’ unique Throat Modeling technology for unmatched creative control of vocal timbre.
- Superior pitch tracking and correction with Antares’ second-generation Evo™ Voice Processing Technology.
Auto-Tune Live (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $129 USD.
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune Live