Universal Audio has announced Apollo Expanded software, coming exclusively for Apollo audio interfaces as part of UAD Software v8.0, to be released in March 2015.
With Apollo Expanded, users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo DUO, Apollo QUAD, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can freely combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as their studio grows.
Apollo Expanded also marks the introduction of Console 2.0 software, giving Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo users dynamic new workflow options, with more than 25 new user-requested features.
Apollo Expanded features
- “Mix and Match” up to four Apollos (any model) over Thunderbolt (Mac).
- Simple Thunderbolt cable connection between units.
- Combine up to six UAD-2 devices per system.
- New Flex Driver lets users customize Core Audio I/O — name, save, and share presets for different hardware setups and DAWs.
- Star clocking over Thunderbolt distributes high-quality clock to all Apollos.
- Add an Apollo Twin for desktop monitor control as well as additional DSP and connectivity.
Console 2.0 Software features
- New high-resolution / Retina-compatible 64-bit software interface for Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos.
- Channel Strip presets lets users see, save, and recall UAD plug-in chains.
- Numerous monitoring improvements including Alternate Monitors, new Control Room functions, and enhanced headphone cue management.
- New UAD plug-in categories and individual Show/Hide functionality.
- Enhanced plug-in features such as preset auditioning and drag & drop functionality.
- Per-input Record/Monitor effect switching.
- Multi-level Undo and Redo for plug-in assignments and parameters.
Apollo Expanded is part of upcoming UAD Software v8.0, which, in addition to Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatibility, also adds all-new plug-in categories to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform.
New UAD v8.0 plug-ins
Sound Machine® Wood Works® Plug-In — $299
- Lets acoustic guitar piezo pickups sound like a studio-miked acoustic.
- Get rich acoustic sounds in noisy environments or when high-quality miking is not possible.
- Re-voice the source guitar’s resonance and acoustic properties live or at mixdown.
- Freedom to re-mic during mixing, changing and adding microphones as needed.
UA Distortion Essentials Plug-In Bundle — $249
- Features the legendary Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808, Raw Distortion™ (based on the vintage early-80s Pro Co Rat), and Bermuda Triangle (based on the early 70s-era) Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi) plug-ins*.
- Harnesses Unison™ technology to precisely emulate the circuit interaction, gain range, and clip points of the original stompboxes.
Antares Auto-Tune Live Plug-In — $249
- Realtime pitch correction and manipulation with iconic Auto-Tune effect.
- Incredibly low latency for instant response, onstage or in the studio.
Friedman Amplifiers Plug-In Collection by Brainworx — $249
- Includes spot-on emulations of the industry-leading Friedman DS40 and Friedman BE100 guitar amplifiers.
- Audition 66 different Recording Chains to match the perfect tone to the part.
- Fine-tune sounds with an onboard FX Rack that includes a noise gate, EQ filter controls, and host-syncable lo-fi delay.
- Developed by Brainworx exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo Audio Interfaces.
Apollo Expanded Software will be available in March 2015.
More information: Universal Audio
Antares has announced the release of Auto-Tune EFX 3, a real-time pitch correction and auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac.
Designed to make almost everything automatic, Auto-Tune EFX 3 is the most affordable vocal production tool that provides Antares’ world-renowned real-time pitch correction. Users just set the key and scale of their track, adjust the Retune Speed for their desired effect, and Auto-Tune EFX 3 does the rest. For songs with complex chord progressions or modulations, they can optionally set up custom scales or use their host’s automation facility to allow the processing of virtually any vocal line.
New in Auto-Tune EFX 3 is a fully adjustable Retune Speed control that lets users fine tune the desired effect for their track, from subtle natural pitch correction to the full-blown Auto-Tune Vocal Effect.
Also new is Antares unique Humanize function that ensures that short notes are effectively corrected while sustained notes are allowed to preserve their subtle pitch variations for the most natural, realistic pitch correction possible.
Auto-Tune EFX 3’s Auto-Motion Vocal Pattern Generation is a unique effect that adds intricate musical patterns to a vocal performance. Patterns are selected from a built-in (and expandable) library in a variety of styles and can be synced to the host’s tempo at various beat divisions. At any point in a vocal track, a user can simply click the Auto-Motion Trigger button to send their vocal on a melodic adventure. And since Auto-Tune EFX 3’s patterns are stored in standard MusicXML format, users can use any application that can open and edit MusicXML files to edit existing patterns and create entirely new patterns of their own.
Auto-Tune EFX 3 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $129 USD. Upgrades from previous Auto-Tune EFX versions are also available.
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune EFX 3
Hal Leonard has announced it has published Pitch Correction Software Now!, a guide to the most innovative and popular pitch correction titles today and how to apply them to your music.
Since Auto-Tune was released in 1997, pitch correction has become a standard component to modern audio production, both as an effect and as a discrete processing tool. The technology has matured considerably since then, and pitch correction is now available in many different flavors. Pitch Correction Software Now! offers a practical guide full of tips and tricks designed to quickly get you up to speed with the most popular pitch-correction products available today.
From the popular and slick T-Pain Effect by pitch correction powerhouse iZotope to professional polyphonic pitch correction using Celemony’s Melodyne DNA, this focused tutorial makes it easy to choose the best pitch-correction products for your music creation needs and helps you incorporate them into your music production workflow.
Accomplished music industry writer Max Mobley uses his easy-to-understand writing style and industry expertise to deliver a book that provides clear and concise practical advice in setting up and using several different pitch-correction plug-ins, including Antares’ newest version of Auto-Tune, Auto-Tune Live. From live stages to home studios, whether you want a vocal effect or precise, transparent monophonic or polyphonic pitch processing, Pitch Correction Software Now! puts music producers of all levels on the fast track to mastering the many forms of modern pitch correction.
The book is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
More information: Hal Leonard / Pitch Correction Software Now!
Hal Leonard Books has published Mastering Auto-Tune by Max Mobley, the definite guide to the most important music technologies of the past 15 years.
From bedroom studios to the stages at Coachella, Auto-Tune pitch correction has become an integral part of music production and performance. Mastering Auto-Tune provides users of all levels a handy, comprehensive guide to getting the most out of this key music production technology, from the ubiquitous Auto-Tune effect heard on countless hit singles to the discrete pitch correction applied to countless albums and live performances.
Former product and support manager for the music industry (including Antares Audio Technologies, the makers of Auto-Tune) Max Mobley uses a conversational style without cutting corners on key technical terms and concepts.
Mastering Auto-Tune approaches pitch correction with various workflow scenarios and creative objectives in mind, including
- the fastest way to get professional results using the Auto-Tune vocal effect
- the secrets behind applying pitch correction to a vocal track in such a transparent way that not even the singer will know it has been applied
- speedy, real-time pitch correction using Auto-Tune’s Auto Mode
- surgical offline pitch-correction editing using Auto-Tune’s Graph Mode
- pitch correction on musical instruments
- and even how to use Auto-Tune for melody creation.
Also included is detailed information on Antares’ newest software, Auto-Tune Live. In short, this book is the definitive guide to one of the most important music technologies of the past 15 years.
The book is available to purchase for $16.99 USD.
More information: Hal Leonard / Mastering Auto-Tune
g200kg has updated its KeroVee pitch correction and RoVee voice changer plug-ins for Windows.
KeroVee is focused to so-called ‘Autotune effect’ or ‘T-Pain effect’, that is robotic but different from the vocoder. KeroVee can mix two independent transposed outputs of pitch-corrector and bypassed output.
RoVee is a VoiceChanger / formant tweaking plugin that works as a VST effect. That can convert voices to like male, female, toys or robotic. RoVee is a cut-down version of full featured pitch-correction plugin ‘KeroVee’.
g200kg’s free KeroVee pitch correction effect plugin.
Changes in KeroVee / RoVee
- KeroVee 1.61: Fix squealing when low freq noise input.
- KeroVee 1.60: Improved noise suppression.
- KeroVee 1.60: Nuance parameter is added.
- KeroVee 1.60: Optimized to SSE2. CPU consumption is improved.
- RoVee 1.21: Fixed, value editing from keyboard is not functional.
- RoVee 1.21: Fine adjustment of noise suppressing.
- RoVee 1.20: Mis-octave noises are reduced by improved algorithm.
Both plug-ins are available to download for Windows (VST) free of charge.
More information: g200kg
Plugin Boutique has launched a special offer on Antares plug-ins, offering a free copy of the Mic Mod EFX classic microphone modeler with a purchase of selected titles. Buy either AVOX Evo, Auto-Tune 7, Auto-Tune … read more
Antares has announced its Auto-Tune Live real-time pitch correction and auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac. Whether you’re performing on stage or tracking vocals in the studio, Auto-Tune Live features genuine Antares Auto-Tune technology … read more
Smule has announced AutoRap, a free app for iOS and Android that turns speech into rap. YO. This is AutoRap. It turns speech into rap, and corrects bad rapping. With Smule’s proprietary “rappification” technology, AutoRap … read more
Antares has announced Auto-Tune for Guitar, a powerful hardware DSP system that is designed to be installed in a guitar and provide real-time processing while the guitar is played live on stage or in the … read more
Antares has released Auto-Tune EFX 2, a real-time pitch correction/auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac. Powered by the same core technology as Antares’ professional standard Auto-Tune 7, Auto-Tune EFX 2 is the quickest, easiest-to-use … read more
g200kg has released version 1.53 of KeroVee, a pitch correction effect plugin for Windows. KeroVee is focused to so-called ‘Autotune effect’ or ‘T-Pain effect’, that is robotic but different from the vocoder. KeroVee can mix … read more
Tom Erbe of SoundHack has released the Pvoc Kit, a new bundle of four plugins based on the Phase Vocoder in SoundHack and redesigned for real-time use. A Four-Plugin Bundle exploring the classic Phase Vocoder … read more
Outbound link: SoundHack
– Related: AU
, effect plugins
, pitch shift and time stretch
Posted in news
on Jul 07, 2011 - 0 comments
MeldaProduction has released version 5.02 of its effect plugins, including the release of MAutoPitch and MOscillator, two new free effect plugins for Windows and Mac. 5.02 update adds several new features and fixes a few … read more
g200kg has released version 1.5 of KeroVee, a free pitch correction effect plugin for Windows. KeroVee is focused to so-called ‘Autotune effect’ or ‘T-Pain effect’, that is robotic but different from the vocoder. KeroVee can … read more
Little Endian has released version 2.2 of SpectrumWorx, a sound mangler effect for Windows and Mac. This version brings the much awaited “tempo-synchronized LFOs” feature and more presets, totaling 145. Both OS versions have been … read more
Tascam and Antares Audio Technologies have collaborated to create the TA-1VP Vocal Processor, a single-rackspace processor for live performance, house of worship or studio use. The TA-1VP uses the new Evo version of Antares’ world-famous … read more
Outbound link: Tascam
– Related: Antares
, compressor and limiter
Posted in news
on Jan 15, 2011 - 0 comments
Anteres has released the Auto-Tune EFX Vocal Toolkit, a collection of vocal effect plug-ins. The Auto-Tune EFX Toolkit provides three essential vocal processing plug-ins designed to make it incredibly easy to create polished, great-sounding vocal … read more
Little Endian has released version 2.1 of SpectrumWorx, a modular effect processor that works exclusively in the frequency domain. This is a first version that supports Mac OS X, bringing the latest advances in the … read more
g200kg has released version 1.26 of KeroVee, a Pitch Corrector/Autotune effect plug-in for Windows. KeroVee is focused to so-called ‘Autotune effect’ or ‘T-Pain effect’, that is robotic but different from the vocoder. KeroVee can mix … read more
Antares has announced the release of Auto-Tune 7, the next generation of the worldwide standard in professional pitch (and now time) correction. Auto-Tune 7 represents the most substantial advancement in capability and ease-of-use since Auto-Tune’s … read more