Precisionsound has announced the release of its Country Harp, an autoharp instrument library with individually sampled strings.
It is a kind of zither with a precise and intimate tone suitable for folk music as well as cinematic and fusion styles. In Duo mode (NI Kontakt 3+ version) the harp is doubled so that you can retune and delay the strings for creative flam, chorus, and harmony effects.
Country Harp features
- 25 individually sampled strings.
- Open, damped, and release samples.
- 4 velocity layers and 4 round robins.
- 844 mono 24-bit WAV samples.
- 1 program for NI Kontakt 3+ with scripted performance controls and GUI.
- 11 programs for NI Kontakt 2.
- 11 programs for Logic EXS24.
- The tonal range of the instrument is C2 – C6.
The library is available for purchase for $39 USD. Full version of Kontakt is required, this library does NOT work with the free Kontakt Player.
More information: Precisionsound / Country Harp
Sound Dust has announced GrandThrift autoHarp², a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
GrandThrift autoHarp² is what happens when you mate a tiny autoharp with a full sized grand piano. She’s an impossible hybrid instrument with four different string layers that create unique pianoish, plucky, autoharpy sounds.
This strangely beautiful offspring weighs in at a fairly hefty but graceful 380mb and contains 4 separate and individually adjustable layers of multi-velocity samples from every note of both instruments.
GrandThrift autoHarp² features
- 4 different sound articulations: picked autoharp, palm muted autoharp, binaural autoharp, binaural plucked grand piano.
- Multisampled with up to 4 velocity levels.
- Advanced architecture with automatable control of volume, octave tuning, pan, volume envelope, tremolo and delay per voice.
- 69 specially created convolution reverb impulses recorded from real spaces, expensive hardware, and some less obvious sources including a Roland Space Echo, Lexicon reverb and the stage of Glyndebourne opera house.
- Leslie effect, cabinet modelling and morphing EQ.
- Selectable and adjustable release group.
- Round robin sample swapping for extra realism.
- MIDI timing jitter for even more realism.
- 19 “starter” presets in Kontakt 4 and 5 format.
- A handwritten manual.
GrandThrift autoHarp² is available to purchase for £20 GBP. The update is free for previous users. Full version of Kontakt 4 or 5 required.
More information: Sound Dust / GrandThrift autoHarp²