Posted in news
on Sep 02, 2011
Novation has announced Impulse, a range of professional USB/MIDI controllers.
They each have a precision keyboard and a full control surface powered by a brand new version of Novation’s Automap control software – Automap 4 (which makes getting hands-on with your DAW/plug-ins fast and simple). Impulse also has 8 back-lit drum pads which can warp arpeggios, roll beats and launch clips in Ableton live.
- Precision semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch.
- Professional control surface gives you full control of your DAW including mixer, transport and plug-in instruments and effects.
- Novation’s Automap control software makes it fast and simple to assign knobs, faders and buttons to your music software.
- Back-lit drum pads allow you to warp arpeggios and improvise with rhythm patterns – they also launch clips in Ableton.
- Large LCD screen displays control information.
- Hardware design is tough and rugged.
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite, Novation’s Bass Station synth and a Loopmasters sample pack.
- USB powered, with expression and sustain pedal inputs as well as MIDI in and out ports for connecting external MIDI instruments.
The Impulse will come in 25, 49, and 61 keys editions. Pricing and availability TBA.
More information: Novation / Impulse
Faderfox has introduced the LV3, a compact controller for Ableton Live.
The device controls track volumes by faders, rack parameters by encoders and joysticks and important global things like tempo, quantization & cue/master-volumes.
Further you get a total track control by 24 programmable buttons, organized in 3 rows. You will find a very convenient way to select and fire scenes & clips by a dedicated encoder as well.
Last but not least the two joysticks give you the special feeling of controlling a model aircraft. Fly away…
- Special controller for Ableton Live (also suitable for other DAW software).
- Automap setup files for Live 8 are shipped with the controller (no manual mapping necessary).
- USB interface – class compliant / no driver necessary.
- Controls 8 tracks with possibility to shift the 8-track-window to further tracks.
- 24 programmable buttons for all track functions.
- About 280 commands – all freely reassignable (each track sends on separate midi channel).
- Select and start/stop of scenes/clips with dedicated encoder (clip-scroll in session view).
- 4 mulifunctional push-encoders to control rack parameters in the selected track.
- 2 non-centered joysticks to control rack parameters in the selected track or in send tracks.
- Global control of several global parameters like tempo, quantization and master / cue volumes.
- All controls with double function by holding down the shift button.
- 33 LED’s in different colors to display various informations like clip states etc. .
- 2-digit-display to show current scene number and track window.
- USB bus powering – consumption less than 500mW / 100mA.
- Very compact design in a black, plastic casing (desktop format 180x105x70 mm, 350 g).
- High-quality faders and encoders from ALPS.
- New rubber knobs for best tactile feeling.
The LV3 is available to pre-order for 250 EUR incl. VAT. The controller will be available mid June, 2011.
More information: Faderfox / LV3
Novation has released version 3.7.4 of Automap, the software for Novation controllers.
Automap is a piece of software that comes with all Novation controllers. It has been designed to make the job of assigning your hardware controls to various software parameters quick and easy.
Changes in Automap v3.7.4
- Fixed crash with Plug-In Manager under certain conditions.
- Fixed drumpad calibration issue with Nocturn Keyboard.
- Updated firmware for Remote SL Compact to version 4.2.03.
- Added partial native support for Waves 8 plug-ins (not fully implemented).
- Added notification when trying to wrap Waves 8 plug-ins in Plug-In Manager.
- Fixed some Waves VST3 mono plug-ins not able to be automapped.
- Added and improved some default mappings.
- Added 64 bit plug-in display in Plug-In Manager for Windows 7 64 systems.
- Updated VST3 search paths on Windows 7 64 system in Plug-In Manager.
- Updated Windows Novation USB Driver to 2.1 release version.
- Fixed Digital Performer 7 crash on some systems.
- Improved VST3 wrapper using the latest VST3 SDK.
- Remote SL Compact 4.2.03 release notes: Fixed keyboard sensing on some units.
Notes: The Waves 8 features are not fully implemented, Waves 8 users are not advised to install this beta. Logic users who previously used ‘Automap Logic Mixer’ should go to Logic > Preferences > Control Surfaces > Rebuild Defaults, to update Logic’s mixer settings.
More information: Novation / Automap
Novation has released version 3.7 of Automap, a piece of software designed to make the job of assigning your hardware controls to various software parameters quick and easy.
Automap enables knobs, faders and buttons to instantly control plug-in instruments and effects, as well as your sequencer’s mixer and transport controls. Its software interface shows you exactly what each control on your hardware is assigned to and, in combination with Novation’s controllers, is the clearest way of getting hands-on control of your DAW and plug-ins.
Automap technology has evolved since it emerged in 2006, with the latest incarnation promising even tighter integration with Logic 9′s mixer, giving you greater control over your Logic mix than ever before.
Changes in Automap v3.7
- Improved integration with Logic SDK mixer (this will support Logic 9.01 or later).
- Updated firmware for SL MkII and Zero SL MkII to version 1.2.09.
- Updated Mac Novation USB driver to 2.3 release version.
- Updated Windows Novation USB driver to 2.0 release version.
- Updated DAW Setup Guide.
- Added and improved further default mappings.
- UltraNova support.
- Added Nocturn, Nocturn Keyboard and UltraNova Ableton devices support.
Automap v3.7 is available as a free download from the Support pages of the Novation website.
More information: Novation / Automap
Twisted Tools has released version 1.1 of Buffeater, a granular multi-fx for Native Instruments Reaktor.
Buffeater is a real-time, dynamically ordered, granular multi-effect for all versions of Reaktor 5. The effect works by capturing live audio and storing it in a temporary buffer, which allows for real-time processing of the incoming audio using granular synthesis and other methods. With Buffeater, you can easily achieve stutters, glitch, beat repeat/juggling and/or chopped and screwed effects.
Changes in Buffeater v1.1
- Multi-Output Support.
- Major CPU Optimizations.
- Added Templates for Novation Automap and Logic Multi-Outs.
- Toggle Option for FX Triggers.
Buffeater for Reaktor is available to purchase for $49 USD. The update is free for registered users.
More information: Twisted Tools / Buffeater