Avid has announced new licensing for Pro Tools, adding value for Pro Tools | Software and Pro Tools | HD Software by including upcoming features – such as future cloud collaboration capabilities, as well as a standard Avid Support plan – with new purchases, upgrades, and crossgrades for one full year.
Customers who buy or upgrade to Pro Tools 11 by December 20, 2014 receive extended coverage through March 2016. Building on the software deployment flexibility of Avid Everywhere with this new licensing, Avid is making it easy for Pro Tools customers to get on the Avid MediaCentral Platform and stay current into the future.
“Pro Tools is the most frequently used and highly trusted digital audio workstation in the industry because of its unrivaled sound quality, power, and versatility for music and audio post production,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. “And now we’re making it easier for all customers to elevate their music and audio production immediately—and then take it to a higher level as cloud collaboration and other new features become available later.”
Pricing upgrade/crossgrade to Pro Tools 11 (starting November 2014):
- Owners Pro Tools 9, Pro Tools 10, or any version of Pro Tools Express, Pro Tools LE, or Pro Tools M-Powered can upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 11 for $199 USD.
- Owners of Pro Tools | HD 9 or Pro Tools | HD 10, or Pro Tools 9 or 10 with the Complete Production Toolkit, can upgrade to Pro Tools | HD 11 for $599 USD.
- New customers can purchase version 11 of Pro Tools | Software with Standard Support for $899 USD.
These updates/crossgrades include standard Avid Support through March 31, 2016.
More information: Avid
Avid has introduced the Pro Tools | S3 desktop control surface, a streamlined, versatile mixing solution that gives sound engineers the powerful, intelligent control they need to work more ergonomically and efficiently, create the highest-quality mixes, and expand mixing capabilities and job opportunities.
When used together, Avid Pro Tools | S3 and Pro Tools | Software—both part of the Avid Artist Suite of creative tools powered by the Avid MediaCentral Platform—deliver the most streamlined, economical, and tightly integrated approach to mixing and recording in smaller-sized studios or mobile settings.
“In today’s competitive post and music mixing environment, shrinking budgets and tighter schedules are commonplace,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. “To succeed, audio professionals need to streamline and accelerate their workflow, as well as broaden the scope and capabilities of their mixing solutions to handle the most sophisticated projects. The affordable Pro Tools | S3 delivers the power, efficiency, and versatility engineers need to deliver fast turnarounds in the most demanding environments.”
The Pro Tools | S3 control surface is designed to help sound engineers:
- Expand mixing capabilities, and take on a diverse range of projects: Based on the award-winning Pro Tools | S6 control surface, the S3 features open integration with Pro Tools | Software and other EUCON-enabled digital audio workstations like Logic Pro, Cubase, and more.
- Meet strict project deadlines: By combining traditional console layout with the proven advancements of the S6, Pro Tools | S3 delivers highly intuitive recording, editing, and mixing control—along with the power and efficiency to meet fast turnaround times.
- Mix on-the-go: The compact form factor fits into any space, making Pro Tools | S3 ideal for small project studios or on-the-go music and post mixing.
- Work the way they want: Engineers can customize the surface to their unique needs by creating custom channel layouts, all recallable at any time. Pro Tools | S3 can switch between two applications with ease, giving users the choice to work however they want, and the capability to take on the largest, most demanding mixes.
- Fit well into any studio and workflow: Pro Tools | S3 easily integrates with solutions across the Avid MediaCentral Platform, as well as a studio’s existing systems and workflows to deliver deep hardware/software integration and control at a fraction of the price of high-end consoles.
Pro Tools | S3 features
- 16 channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive, motorized fader and 10-segment signal level meter (supports up to 6 fader banks).
- 32 touch-sensitive, push-button rotary encoders for panning, gain control, plug-in parameter adjustments, and more (16 channel control, 16 assignable), each with a tricolor LED function indicator.
- 32 high-resolution OLED displays for viewing track names/numbers, detailed metering data (from mono to 5.1 surround), parameter names/values, current automation mode, and more.
- Solo, mute, channel select, and record/automation-enable keys on every channel
- Touch strip provides easy access to transport controls.
- Dozens of dedicated buttons and switches for navigation, automation, control assignment, and software control.
- Built-in 4×6 AVB Core Audio interface includes 2 XLR mic/line inputs, 2 TRS line inputs, 2 XLR line outputs, 2 TRS line outputs, and a stereo headphone output.
Avid Pro Tools | S3 will be available November 2014 through Avid resellers worldwide.
More information: Avid / Pro Tools | S3
Avid has announced the release of Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic, two new Avid Artist Suite series audio plug-ins that help audio professionals quickly and easily create optimized audio mixes that stand out from the crowd.
The new Avid Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic audio plug-ins, part of the newly expanded Pro Series, deliver on Avid Everywhere™ by giving customers the efficient, flexible, and high-quality tools they need to quickly and easily create optimized audio mixes that stand out from the crowd.
Avid Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic are designed for professionals who demand the highest-quality tools for audio post and music production. These new plug-ins build on the openness and flexibility that are key tenets of Avid Everywhere, featuring compatibility with AAX Native 64, AAX DSP 64, and AudioSuite 64 formats for Pro Tools® | HDX, Pro Tools | Native, and other systems running Pro Tools 11 and higher.
These new plug-ins join the existing Pro Compressor, Pro Expander, and Pro Limiter options to form a complete suite of audio processing tools that offer professionals a powerful, easy way to handle complex audio post sessions and low-latency monitoring during multi-track recording sessions. Additionally, Avid Pro Series plug-ins are capable of working with 7.1 surround sound formats, enabling users to efficiently create the high-quality, complex mixes that clients today demand.
“The world’s leading audio professionals use Pro Series plug-ins to create high-quality mixes in the most demanding music and audio post-production environments,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. “The new Pro Multiband Dynamics and Pro Subharmonic plug-ins help customers take on the most demanding projects with even greater power and flexibility, and deliver high-quality mixes faster and easier than ever.”
The plug-ins are available for purchase for MSRP $299 USD, 239 EUR excluding VAT. Rental pricing: 31-day rental $49 USD, 7-day rental $19 USD.
More information: Avid
Avid has announced the VENUE | S3L-X compact live sound system, building on the success of the Avid | S3L system to deliver on the Avid Everywhere vision.
With the new system, live sound professionals can more easily meet the increasing scope, size, complexity, and diversity of today’s live sound requirements. Avid VENUE | S3L-X enables engineers to mix and record live shows with unrivaled power and efficiency, and create new material or mix down live recordings for commercial purposes.
When used together, Avid VENUE | S3L-X and Pro Tools® | Software—both part of the Avid Artist Suite of solutions and powered by the Avid MediaCentral Platform—deliver the most streamlined, economical, and tightly integrated approach to mixing and recording live productions.
“Live sound professionals face tight budgets, pressure to get more value from their assets, and a multitude of technology choices,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. “When we first introduced the S3L, our customers immediately embraced it at major festivals, clubs, and tours for its sheer sound quality, power, and mixing creativity. Now with the Avid VENUE | S3L-X we’re enabling them to use one system for both live sound performance and mixing down final assets to monetize.”
The system delivers expanded networking, control, and processing to meet a range of live performance demands. Customers can reduce complexity and cost by sharing the same I/O across multiple S3L-X Systems, with full automatic gain compensation. With support for 64-bit AAX DSP plug-ins, plus the open EUCON and Ethernet AVB network protocols, Avid VENUE | S3L-X ensures compatibility with a variety of Avid and third-party products—now and in the future.
Avid VENUE | S3L-X features
- Mix anything, everywhere—from major festivals to space-constrained clubs.
- Share the same I/O across two or more Avid S3L-X Systems, with complete auto gain compensation.
- Mix DAW sessions using Avid S3 as a standalone mixing surface and 4×6 audio interface.
- Keep pace with the latest sound processing innovations with 64-bit AAX DSP plug-in support.
- Scale the modular system to accommodate any size performance, from 16–64 mic pres.
- Get exceptional sound quality, plus reliable Ethernet AVB connectivity, without the cable bulk.
- Achieve maximum performance with 2x more RAM compared to Avid S3L.
- Record directly to Pro Tools (or other DAW) through a simple laptop Ethernet connection.
- Get great reliability for the road with the rugged, reinforced engine design.
- Monitor with confidence through the high-output, low-noise headphone amp.
Avid VENUE | S3L-X will be available early Q4 2014; VENUE 4.5 software upgrade will be available in late Q3 2014 to current S3L System customers.
More information: Avid / VENUE | S3L-X
Avid has announced the introduction of Pro Tools | Duet and Pro Tools | Quartet, two new professional music creation solutions in the Avid Artist Suite, combining the industry standard Avid Pro Tools software with best-in-class audio interfaces by Apogee.
With Apogee as a new I/O Connectivity Partner for the Avid MediaCentral Platform, the companies are bringing music creators the same tight integration between Pro Tools | Software and Apogee interfaces as they would have with any Avid audio interface – delivering the openness and flexibility that are key tenets of Avid Everywhere™.
Avid Pro Tools | Duet and Pro Tools | Quartet provide everything needed for professional music creation, enabling customers to turn their Mac or PC into a high-performance yet portable music and audio production studio. With more than 60 AAX virtual instruments, effects, sound-processing, and utility plug-ins for Pro Tools | Software, combined with ultra-compact, best-in-class USB audio interfaces from Apogee, Pro Tools | Duet and Pro Tools | Quartet deliver the creative tools and sound quality to create the best mixes possible. EUCON-enabled Pro Tools I/O Control Software enables users to control the interfaces using any Artist Series controller, or a Mac or PC.
“We are very excited to be working with Avid as an I/O Connectivity Partner,” said Betty Bennett, Apogee CEO and Co-Founder. “Our two paths have been intertwined since the early days of the digital recording revolution. While Pro Tools | Software was first defining an exciting paradigm shift in our industry, we were perfecting AD/DA conversion and hardware technology for digital audio. Today we are proud to be able to come together and offer customers these two truly amazing solutions.”
Pro Tools | Duet and Pro Tools | Quartet are now available for purchase for $1,099 USD and $1,899 USD respectively.
More information: Avid
More posts that match this tag
Avid has announced version 7.5.1 of its Sibelius notation software for Windows and Mac. In today’s competitive industry, composers need cutting-edge creative tools that enable them to unleash their creativity and deliver professional scores more … read more
Avid has announced key performance enhancements to the Avid S3L live sound system, setting a new standard for flexible, efficient workflows in live sound and studio applications, and delivering significant cost savings. The latest updates … read more
Avid has announced that world-class educational establishment and Avid Learning Partner Musicians Institute College of Contemporary Music, in Hollywood, California, has expanded its partnership with Avid to give the next generation of creative talent access … read more
McDSP has announced that its entire McDSP HD product line now supports Avid S3L. Take the power of McDSP plug-ins from the studio to the stage, and back again, with the release of Avid S3L … read more
Avid has made several key announcements around Avid Everywhere, the company’s strategic vision for the media and entertainment industry, centered on connecting creative professionals and media organizations with their audiences in more powerful, efficient, collaborative, … read more
Avid has released VENUE Version 4.1.3 software, a free download for the Avid S3L live sound system that doubles the system’s on-board plug-in slots—from 20 to 40—to provide engineers with even more processing options than … read more
Avid has announced that its Sibelius 7.5 music notation software is now shipping. Sibelius® 7.5, the new version of the world’s best-selling music composition and notation software from Avid®, is now shipping. Sibelius 7.5 provides … read more
Avid has announced Sibelius 7.5 software, continuing the development of the world’s best-selling music composition and notation software. For composers, arrangers, music publishers, students, and educators, Sibelius 7.5 provides even more ways to express, accelerate, … read more
Avid has introduced the Eleven Rack Editor, providing owners of the Eleven Rack guitar system with a faster, more open workflow for creating and editing high-quality, inspiring guitar tones. The no-cost application makes Eleven Rack … read more
Avid has announced that over 850 plug-ins from more than 80 Avid development partners are now available in the new 64-bit AAX format for Pro Tools 11, the digital audio workstation that sets a new … read more
Plugin Alliance has announced the launch of a “One Week Store Wide Plugin Special”, offering up to 50% off its plug-ins. For the 1st time we enter Japan with a partner booth at AVID’s stand. … read more
Avid has announced the S6 Control Surface, a major new addition to its industry leading family of control surfaces for sound recording, mixing and editing. Avid S6 is designed for audio professionals in the most … read more
Outbound link: Avid
/ S6 Control Surface
– Related: Avid
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Sep 13, 2013 - 0 comments
Wallander Instruments has announced the release of NotePerformer for Sibelius, an orchestral sound library that turns written score into an expressive musical performance, without user intervention. NotePerformer replaces the built-in sounds in the world’s best … read more
Avid has announced the release of Pro Tools 11, a major upgrade of its digital audio workstation. This latest version enables audio professionals to “take on the most demanding productions with new, high-powered audio and … read more
AIR Music Technology has announced the release of its Vacuum Pro polyphonic analog tube synthesizer and Loom modular additive synthesizer instruments for Windows and Mac. Vacuum Pro goes beyond providing superior analog sound to recreate … read more
Outbound link: AIR Music Technology
– Related: AAX
, instrument plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on May 16, 2013 - 0 comments