Plugin Alliance has announced the launch of a “One Week Store Wide Plugin Special”, offering up to 50% off its plug-ins.
For the 1st time we enter Japan with a partner booth at AVID’s stand. To celebrate this event with you we offer a special for ALL our plugins. Limited 1 week offer!
This offer is valid until November 22nd, 2013.
- Add any single plugin to your cart: save 20%
- Add any 2 plugins: save 30%
- Add any 3 plugins: save 40%
- Add 4 or more plugins: save 50%
More information: Plugin Alliance
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Sep 13, 2013
Avid has announced the S6 Control Surface, a major new addition to its industry leading family of control surfaces for sound recording, mixing and editing.
Avid S6 is designed for audio professionals in the most demanding production environments, delivering the performance needed to complete projects faster while producing the best sounding mixes. In addition, S6 provides mixing professionals with a state-of-the-art solution that easily scales to meet their current and future challenges.
“Working in ever more complex environments with fast project turnarounds, mixers need intuitive, tactile control of editing and mixing, and the ability to easily work with other artists, engineers, and facilities,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of products and services at Avid. “Drawing on more than 20 years of leading edge innovation, the S6 delivers the game-changing modularity, superior ergonomics, and streamlined collaboration to meet mixers’ changing business requirements.”
Built on the same proven technology that is core to the industry-leading ICON and System 5 product families, the Avid S6 enables mixers to quickly turn around complex projects while swiftly handling last-minute changes. With its unparalleled ability to simultaneously control multiple Pro Tools® and other EUCON™-enabled DAWs over simple Ethernet, S6 also speeds workflows and enables network collaboration on a single integrated platform.
- Revolutionary modular design — Adapting to every stage of a user’s business, the S6 control surface can be customized with the addition of the modules needed to match current workflow. It can be horizontally and vertically scaled as the client base grows. Pre-configured S6 M10 or S6 M40 surfaces may be purchased with the required faders, knobs, etc. already provided or, with S6 M40, further personalized with different channel control combinations.
- Superior ergonomics — A traditional, familiar console layout allows easy transition from previous systems. The multipoint touchscreen quickly and easily accesses plug-ins, large track counts, surround panning and more, while top-lit status knobs and high resolution OLEDs add operational efficiency. Additional 12.1” displays on S6 M40 systems further enhance instant project overview by providing deep visual feedback on key items such as channel names, audio meters, routing, clip names, and scrolling waveforms. Ultimate recall enables quick location for last-minute mix changes.
- Intelligent studio control — Compatible with Pro Tools and other popular EUCON-enabled DAWs, S6 enables detailed work on up to eight audio workstations simultaneously, as well as the ability to switch sessions in seconds from a single control surface across the facility. High-speed Ethernet connectivity makes it easy to reconfigure operations as business requirements dictate.
The S6 control surface will be available worldwide in Q4 2013. As a modular system, S6 is available at a variety of prices, with M10 configurations starting at $21,995 USD and M40 configurations starting at $43,480 USD.
More information: Avid / S6 Control Surface
Wallander Instruments has announced the release of NotePerformer for Sibelius, an orchestral sound library that turns written score into an expressive musical performance, without user intervention.
NotePerformer replaces the built-in sounds in the world’s best selling music notation software, Avid’s Sibelius, with its own playback engine and sounds.
NotePerformer introduces a dramatic improvement on existing MIDI playback technologies, by reading ahead in the score during playback, analyzing the music, and rendering the music as an expressive musical performance instead of processing it note-by-note. This allows an accurate reproduction of the written music, with realistic musical phrasing for every single member of your virtual orchestra.
Composers, orchestrators, musicians and students of music can now enjoy the benefits of highly realistic orchestral playback in their notation program. NotePerformer playback is even accurate enough for producing a high-quality orchestral mock-up of a score, directly from notation program playback.
NotePerformer is available to purchase for $129 USD.
More information: NotePerformer
Avid has announced the release of Pro Tools 11, a major upgrade of its digital audio workstation.
This latest version enables audio professionals to “take on the most demanding productions with new, high-powered audio and video engines, 64-bit architecture, expanded metering, and direct HD video workflows”.
“Pro Tools 11 represents a quantum leap in creative power,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Services at Avid. “The newly designed architecture turbo-charges production with more plug-in processing, the ability to run more virtual instruments—and a host of new features—letting users create ambitiously, without holding anything back.”
Pro Tools 11 features
- Fully redesigned audio engine and 64-bit architecture:
- New Avid Audio Engine — Delivers multiple times the processing power of Pro Tools 10 on the same hardware configurations.
- 64-bit architecture — Exponentially increases the number of simultaneous virtual instruments and the performance to handle the most sophisticated sessions.
- Offline bounce — Delivers mixes up to 150 times faster than real time.
- Low-latency input buffer — Ensures ultra-low latency record monitoring without sacrificing plug-in performance.
- Dynamic host processing — Maximizes plug-in count by reallocating processing resources as needed.
- Expanded metering:
- Extended standards support — Features a broad range of built-in metering standards, from peak and average to VU and PPM, to maintain adherence to regional broadcast requirements.
- Gain reduction — Shows gain reduction for all dynamics plug-ins on each channel.
- Direct HD video workflows:
- Built-in Avid Video Engine — Enables audio post professionals to play and edit a wide range of HD video formats including Avid DNxHD, directly in the Pro Tools timeline without transcoding, using the same core engine as in Media Composer .
- Video interface support — Enables monitoring of DNxHD and QuickTime media through Avid Nitris DX, Avid Mojo DX, and other video interfaces.
Pro Tools 11 is available to purchase for $699 USD. Various upgrade options are available to existing Pro Tools users.
More information: Avid / Pro Tools
, instrument plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on May 16, 2013
AIR Music Technology has announced the release of its Vacuum Pro polyphonic analog tube synthesizer and Loom modular additive synthesizer instruments for Windows and Mac.
Vacuum Pro goes beyond providing superior analog sound to recreate the vintage synthesizer experience.
Vacuum Pro is a polyphonic analog tube synthesizer that travels light-years beyond the original monophonic Vacuum, first developed by the AIR team as part of the Pro Tools® Creative Collection from Avid®. Loom is an entirely new modular additive synthesizer. AIR Music Technology is the groundbreaking developer of acclaimed industry-standard virtual instruments and audio processing tools.
Loom uses an efficient and effective modular design to create complex sounds quickly and easily.
Both Vacuum Pro and Loom are highly intuitive in design and place few technical demands on the user, delivering a more inspiring and creative experience. Each provides an array of sound-sculpting tools ranging from rapid, highly efficient sound creation to zeroing in on most intricate of sound design tasks. The unique and scalable workflow allows the creative potential of Vacuum Pro and Loom to continue to meet the musician’s needs as they evolve. Vacuum Pro and Loom will be available first in the VST and AU 64-bit formats, plus the RTAS 32-bit format. An AAX update is coming soon.
Both titles are available to purchase now, priced at $199.99 USD each.
More information: AIR Music Technology