Avid has announced an update of Sibelius First, the easiest and most intuitive way for aspiring composers, songwriters, arrangers and students to write and share music.
Sibelius First combines the Sibelius Student and Sibelius First notation products into a single easy-to-use, powerful, and fun music composition tool.
The new Sibelius First takes advantage of the features introduced by Avid’s Sibelius 7, including a task-oriented UI specifically designed to guide you through the creative process, exceptional playback and sound quality, 64-bit technology and support for the latest operating systems—plus new video export functionality, online publishing, and direct sharing to YouTube, SoundCloud, and Facebook, and more.
Avid Sibelius First notation software – the fastest, easiest way to write and share music
Sibelius First features
- Easy-to-use interface: Using Sibelius First is faster and easier than ever, thanks to a refined, task-oriented user interface that makes it possible to get great results without prior experience.
- Enter notes the way you want: Choose from scanning, transcribing, or MIDI import to quickly get your ideas into Sibelius First—now with full MusicXML interchange for transferring your music into and out of other applications.
- Exclusive Sound Library: Includes a premium sound library so you can hear your compositions played back in amazing detail on high-quality sampled instruments, and produce better quality exports.
- Full 64-bit support: Unlock the full power of your 64-bit computer, and directly address more than 4GB of RAM.
- Smart tools: no engraving or notation expertise required to get great results. Magnetic layout and dynamic parts make it easy to produce and tailor your scores to suit musicians of all kinds.
- Take your scores on the go: Sibelius First scores can be added to the score library on the Avid Scorch app (sold separately).
- Exciting new social media and video sharing options: Users can easily export compositions as videos and publish their work to social media websites (YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook) along with traditional print, email, or audio exports.
Sibelius First is available to purchase for $119.99 USD. Multi-seat 5 packs are available for $299.99 USD. Current Sibelius First and Sibelius Student customers can upgrade for $39.99 USD.
More information: Sibelius / Sibelius First
Pro Tools Expert has announced the release of Saturation Knob, a free AAX effect plug-in for Mac by Softube.
We are thrilled to announce a FREE Tape Saturation plug-in from Softube, Avid and the Pro Tools Expert site. It is both AAX DSP and Native formats. Get Softube’s Saturation Knob plug-in free by completing the form, and add some analog warmth to your tracks.
Softube Saturation Knob AAX plugin available exclusively from Pro Tools Expert
The Saturation Knob plug-in is compatible with AAX DSP and AAX Native systems running Pro Tools 10 or Pro Tools HD 10 on Mac OS (no iLok authorization required).
More information: Pro Tools Expert / Saturation Knob
Avid has announced the largest showcase of integrated media production technology the company has ever presented at NAB.
Avid is featuring completely new and upgraded solutions for advanced asset-based workflows spanning distributed production, multi-platform distribution, server and storage, and broadcast graphics, demonstrating how customers in news, sports, TV, and post-production can prepare for the demands of the future.
“We’ve designed an array of advanced solutions that give our customers the new asset-based workflow capabilities they need to build a more agile and efficient business,” said Gary Greenfield, chairman and CEO of Avid. “Media organizations need to be able to reuse their existing media assets more effectively, collaborate easily, and find ways to monetize their content across digital and social distribution channels. With the capabilities we’re announcing today at NAB, we’re helping our customers solve these challenges by letting them create content wherever they are, manage complex production workflows, and distribute their media everywhere.”
Avid’s new asset-based workflow solutions at NAB 2012 include:
- Distributed production—A new solution, Interplay® Sphere, gives broadcast news professionals the ability to acquire, access, edit and finish stories from anywhere, anytime. Leveraging a cloud-based architecture, applications like Media Composer® and NewsCutter® will give contributors the freedom to work in a completely distributed environment that spans multiple locations and time zones. Underscoring Avid’s leadership and commitment to broadcast news, NewsCutter and Media Composer with Interplay Sphere effectively break down the walls of the newsroom by expanding what journalists and news organizations can do, regardless of their location.
- Multi-Platform Distribution (MPD)—To address the rising demands of multi-screen consumption, Avid’s new MPD solution streamlines and enhances the process for journalists and editors who are creating and distributing content across multiple traditional, digital, and social platforms. MPD removes the complexity of multi-platform distribution by intelligently orchestrating the flow of assets and metadata through creation, transcode, and then delivery to web content management systems, online video platforms, and social media.
- Server and storage—Helping media producers address the challenges of ever-increasing production volumes and rising costs— the new Avid ISIS® 2000 near-line storage solution works across multiple Avid Interplay installations to provide search, browse, access, and management, extending production storage; the Avid ISIS 7000 v4.0 effectively doubles its storage capacity with the new i4000 blade; and the next generation AirSpeed® 5000 video server features new codec flexibility with Avid DNxHD® playback included in HD versions.
- Avid Motion Graphics™—Gives enterprises the ability to create stunning visual imagery, get it quickly and easily to air, and build strong brand recognition with an advanced real-time 2D/3D rendering engine, accelerated by the latest GPU and I/O technology.
Avid is also showcasing at NAB:
- Avid Interplay—Extended Avid Interplay family of asset management solutions with new releases of:
- Interplay Production 2.6—Production asset management solution featuring greater workflow flexibility and capacity, support for multiple ISIS installations, and new end-to-end ProRes, JPEG 2000, and 3D format support.
- Interplay MAM 4—Modular media asset management technology for automation of archive, ingest, production, and distribution operations and workflows.
- Interplay Central 1.2—Web-based news creation application with improved media access and management capabilities.
- NewsVision™ 2.5—New I/O, graphics, and workflow options, in an economical turnkey foundation for an entire newsroom operation.
- Media Composer 6—Benchmark video editing system with 64-bit power, open I/O support, and sleek new look and feel.
- Pro Tools® 10—Industry-standard platform for audio and music recording with enhanced performance and responsiveness, including HDX hardware support.
More information: Avid / Avid at NAB 2012
Avid has announced its lineup for NAB 2012, which includes presentations from renowned customers and the largest array of new product announcements from the company at NAB in more than a decade.
Returning to booth #SU902 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Avid will announce new and upgraded solutions designed to make it easier for media enterprises to create content wherever they are, manage complex production workflows and distribute their media more effectively. Additionally, Avid experts will offer overviews of recently released solutions including Pro Tools® 10, Media Composer® 6 and Avid Interplay® Media Asset Manager (MAM) 4.
At NAB 2012 in Las Vegas, Avid will host a live press event and streaming webcast to announce these new solutions on Sunday, April 15 at 4:00 p.m. PT. A live online Q&A session with Avid subject matter experts will immediately follow the webcast. To register, visit http://forms.avid.com/forms/nab2012-webcast
Visit Avid at the Avid Booth #SU902, Las Vegas Convention Center, April 16-19, 2012.
More information: Avid NAB 2012
Related: audio interface
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Mar 21, 2012
Avid has announced that its ultra-portable, professional-grade Mbox and Mbox Mini audio interfaces now come with Pro Tools Express software included at no additional charge, giving customers the award-winning Pro Tools software experience at a great value.
These offerings are in addition to the current Pro Tools + Mbox bundles offered for the three Mbox designs.
Mbox and Mbox Mini now deliver the Pro Tools experience
With Pro Tools Express, customers can record, edit, and mix up to 16 stereo audio tracks—in addition to virtual instrument and MIDI tracks—using the core industry-standard toolset embraced by top producers, engineers, and artists. Paired with Mbox and Mbox Mini interfaces, which offer best-in-class audio quality and performance, Pro Tools Express empowers users to create their best work with more affordable, professional solutions.
“Customers and critics have raved about the audio quality of the Mbox and Mbox Mini interfaces,” says Tony Cariddi, Avid pro audio marketing manager. “And while they work brilliantly with Core Audio- and ASIO-compatible systems, they really shine the brightest as part of the Pro Tools experience. We’re excited to now share that professional Pro Tools experience with all Mbox users, whether they opt for a Pro Tools + Mbox bundle or a standalone Mbox with Pro Tools Express. This perfect union of hardware and software tools delivers the performance, sound quality, and stability that let’s them focus on composing, recording, editing, and mixing their very best work.”
Pro Tools Express features
- Record and mix up to 16 stereo audio tracks at 96 kHz (Mbox) or 48 kHz (Mbox Mini) resolution.
- Compose music easily with premium AIR virtual instruments, plus the same MIDI editing and Sibelius notation tools as Pro Tools.
- Create pro-quality mixes with Automatic Delay Compensation and a collection of high-quality plug-ins.
- Change tempo, timing, pitch, and create harmonies in real time with Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch.
- Take projects to the next level—and to studios around the world—with session file compatibility across all Pro Tools systems.
Mbox and Mbox Mini (both including Pro Tools Express) are available today worldwide for $499 USD and $299 USD MSRP, respectively. An upgrade from Pro Tools Express to Pro Tools 10 is $399 USD.
More information: Avid / Mbox Family
Hal Leonard Books has announced it is now shipping Mixing and Mastering with Pro Tools, a Quick Pro Guides series book by Glenn Lorbecki.
Pro Tools is in virtually every top-rated studio in the world, and whether you’re new to Pro Tools or an experienced user, you will find Avid’s latest release of PT to be a powerful production workstation. In Mixing & Mastering with Pro Tools, multiplatinum engineer/producer and certified Pro Tools trainer Glenn Lorbecki shows you, step by step, how to achieve your best mixes using Avid’s award-winning software. This focused guide will unlock the full potential of Pro Tools as a professional mixing and mastering platform.
Avid’s relatively recent move to open the Pro Tools software platform to third-party interfaces has given the user numerous new options, making Pro Tool’s renowned recording platform available for Mac and PC systems – not just Avid hardware. Given Pro Tools’ high-tech enhancements in connectivity, functionality, and session portability, users need a practical guide to get up and running quickly and efficiently. This Quick Pro Guide cuts to the chase and gives you the best of Pro Tools at your fingertips, with plenty of sessions, audio examples, and video assistance to guide you along the way.
Mixing and Mastering with Pro Tools is available to purchase for $16.99 USD.
More information: Hal Leonard Books