Cinematic Tension has released Jungle Flute FX, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
If your next scoring assignment takes your music into a jungle to rescue POWs, slaughter aliens, make a difficult shot from a mile away, or track down terrorists… you also need JUNGLE FLUTE FX in your arsenal of samples.
For this sample set, I found a very nice custom Moseno Flute, which is a South American Bamboo Flute sampled, and as usual mangled a few of the recorded samples to make this simple flute instrument a fully realized playable tension suite.
Jungle Flute FX features
- 10 Kontakt patches in total.
- 1 phrase patch with 12 Phrases.
- 1 Trill Patch with 3 Pitched Trill Phrases.
- 2 Shorts patches, chromatically presented, one with 3 Velocity Layers.
- 4 Pads… think ambient material from Gary Changs SNIPER score.
- 1 Marcato patch which is chromatically presented which makes it a very nice lyrical instrument.
- Controllable reverb. A reverb On / Off button is right on the GUI (starts in the ON position).
- Mod wheel controls the attack (as well as a knob on the GUI to get even more dynamic control.
Jungle Flute FX is available to purchase for $12 USD.
More information: Cinematic Tension / Jungle Flute FX
Soniccouture has released Tingklik, a sampled bamboo percussion instrument.
A Tingklik is a bamboo percussion instrument from Bali. It’s often used for “Rindik” music, so is sometimes referred to as a Rindik itself. Rindik music usually involves two Tingklik players and a single Suling (bamboo flute).
Rindik music is usually played at public gatherings or just for entertainment. It’s not associated with any of the religious or cultural festivals where we usually hear the gamelan. The pieces are secular, and usually named after animals, such as “Chasing a female pig”, or “Frog climbing a leaf”.
A Tingklik typically has 11 bamboo tubes, although the instrument we sampled has 12. The longest bamboo is about a metre long for the lowest pitch. With five notes per octave, the range is just over 2 octaves. The tubes are suspended using string over a brightly coloured wooden frame. The player sits on the ground and strikes the bamboo tubes with rubber-tipped mallets.
- 24bit 44.1khz Stereo Sampling.
- 14 Velocity Layers .
- 6 Round Robin Layers.
- KSP Jammer module.
- 470 MB Sample library.
- Available for Kontakt, EXS24, and Ableton Live.
Soniccouture Tingklik is available to purchase for 29 EUR.
More information: Soniccouture / Tingklik
Microhammer has announced the release of the Microhammer March 2010 Bundle, a collection of three new instruments for Kontakt.
Microhammer is launching a series of new products around 15th of every month. All monthly releases will be followed by a bundle containing all the products at a highly favorable rate, so you can get it all. The bundle is only valid until our next release, so grab it while you can. We are proud to announce our second launch bundle, which consists of all the Microhammer March titles.
Microhammer March 2010 Bundle
- Bronze Bin — Bronze is the most popular metal used to create top-quality musical bells and cymbals. So, when we came across this little refuse receptacle of pure brazen bronze, we thought ‘What a waste!’ Not in the waste-basket sense of the word, but a waste of musical potential. Every edge, curve, face and angle of this bronze beauty creates amazingly complex and unique sounds, full of harmonics, overtones and even undertones. In much the same way art and practicality intersect in the conventional use of this bin, so do percussion and melody intersect creating an enormous palette from a single source. Producing soft bell-like tones to a raspy wash of colliding frequencies the Microhammer Bronze Bin is a truly unique tuned percussion instrument.
- Jews Harp — We recorded the Jew’s Harp in-depth by recorded all the resonance layers and round-robin one could humanly get out of this wonder. In additional we did tons of more unique FX. But the most prominent part of the library is our fancy “word builder” for it … its actually cooler then a word builder … We sampled all letters in the alphabet (A-Z) and numbers (1-10) … But wait … THERE IS MORE … We also included the Danish letters æ, ø and å into the recordings, since there is a huge community of Scandinavian Jaw Harp composers eagerly awaiting this release.
- Overtone Flute — The Bamboo Overtone flute is like a little sibling to the Eastern European, Fujara. However the flute is distinctively different and almost human like in the sense it only has two holes. The flute is played by muting the bottom of the flute with your palm and bending the note. The overtones are generated by playing softer or harder in the flute and actually allows it to spand over four octaves. The sound is best described as ethnic/ethereal, but with that very distinct overtone charm to it. We sampled the hell out of it by multi-sampling the overtones in sustains and staccato and by doing over +350 BPM (80-140) based phrases on top of this – and with additional FX sections.
- Format(s): Kontakt 3, SFZ and .wav
- Note: Native Instruments Kontakt 3 / 4 full retail versions required.
- Note: Free Kontakt Player will only work for 30 minutes with this product. Full version required to remove this restriction.
The Microhammer March 2010 Bundle is available to purchase for the introductory price of $59 USD until 15 April, 2010 (regular price $73 USD). The instruments are also available to purchase separately.
More information: Microhammer
Myst Sonic has released Bamboo & Woods, a new sample library for Kontakt.
This is a series of rare percussion samples which were made of bamboo and woods (such as Rosewood, pinewood, Boxwood….. ). It is quite useful especially on film music production such as Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and others.
Bamboo & Woods features
- 6 group patches of bamboo and wood sounds.
- Change group patches in realtime using Keyswitches & panel item.
- Assignable Keyswitch remapping is available.
- Internal reverb FX as 3 group send effects (Bd, Hit, Shaker & Sticks).
- Kontakt 2.1 or later is available.
- 48 khz 24 bits, dry samples as mono files and ambience samples as stereo files.
Bamboo & Woods is available for purchase for 19 EUR.
More information: Myst Sonic
, Native Instruments
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on May 12, 2009
Native Instruments has released North India, a new KORE SoundPack capturing the sound of North India.
Establishing the new regional-themed ”Discovery Series” of KORE SOUNDPACKS, this new sound collection for KORE 2 or KORE PLAYER journeys to North India to draw on the rich and varied musical heritage of Hindustani classical music.
Packed with 3GB of beautifully sampled classical instruments as well some contemporary realizations, this Soundpack is perfect for creating authentic classical performances and for adding North Indian textures to film scores, urban, pop or electronic productions.
North India features
- 30 KoreSounds (10 acoustic sounds, 10 contemporary sounds, 10 synthetic drones).
- Includes the following classical instruments:
- Bansuri – The bansuri flute is a transverse bamboo flute with open holes. It is used both in classical and lighter styles of North Indian music.
- Harmonium – The Indian harmonium is a small hand-pumped reed organ equipped with drone stops. It is mainly used to accompany singers and solo table performances.
- Shehnai – The Shehnai is a reed instrument and is mostly used in traditional folk music.
- Sitar – The sitar is a complex instrument equipped with melody, accompaniment and resonance strings. It is the main melody instrument in North Indian classical music but is also used in many other styles in India.
- Tabla – The tabla is a set of two miniature kettle drums played by hand. It is the main percussion instrument of North India and used in a variety of styles.
- Tanpura – The Tanpura is an unfretted lute with four strings. It is solely used as an accompanying drone instrument.
North India: Discovery Series is available for download from the Native Instruments Online Shop for $79 USD / 69 EUR.
Visit Native Instruments for more information, video tutorials and audio demos.