8DIO has released the Bulbul Tarang sound library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Bulbul Tarang (aka Indian Banjo) is a 15 string instrument common in India and Pakistan. The instrument employs three sets of strings – a double set of melodic strings and two sets of drone strings. The melodic strings contains a bass- and treble string. We deep-sampled both of strings individually and combined with multiple velocity layers on each string and round robin on the sustains. The drone strings are divided into group of 10 and group of 3. We deep sampled these guys too at multiple velocity layers and 10 round robin pr. layer.
The Bulbul also contains a variety of other deep-sampled articulations, including drone strings in both minor and major scales, muted notes on melodic strings, tremolo, trills and a wide assortment of FX. Additionally we also added a large phrase collection to the library focused on strums. The strums comes both as multi-samples and as phrase-samples, so you can create the ideal soundscape depending on your needs.
Bulbul Tarang is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD (regular $139 USD).
More information: 8DIO Productions / Bulbul Tarang
Cinematique Instruments has released Banjo, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The banjo we used is a 5 String Banjo with a 33 cm diameter mahogany body. We played and recorded the banjo in a number of ways to get the typical banjo sound – each in several velocity layer and 2 Round Robin variations.
After editing and processing the samples we firstly created a “Banjo Deluxe” patch which provides various styles of the Banjo, shorten notes feature, an octaver, a reverb knob and enhanced scripting. We also added the noises of strumming the banjo to this patch. Secondly we came along with the “Banjo Muted” patch which is a very dry and warm staccato string sound – similar to the “Baritone Ukulele Muted” instrument!
- Banjo Deluxe (4 different styles, 4 different sample sources in 2 Round Robin variations, several edit buttons, octaver, reverb, additional strumming noises).
- Muted Banjo (muted and warm version, simple but effective – fits perfect to the Baritone Ukulele Muted).
Banjo for Kontakt (requires Kontakt 3 or higher, full version) is available to purchase for 14 EUR excl. VAT.
More information: Cinematique Instruments / Banjo
, samples and sound libraries
, sound fx
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2010
Necromare has released some more free sample-based VST instruments for Windows.
What can I say I love building instruments. I think it’s part of being a composer, to finally make the sounds you need and want. I keep coming up with ideas for instruments and there seems to be no end. I already have 50 plus most in the testing stages. Looks like I will be releasing them well into next year.
New Necromare plug-ins
- The Panning Piano – Simple piano that automatically pans left and right slowly as you play. Good for filing out a mix. The last octave includes some piano screeches.
- Piano Harp – Imagine if you played the piano like a harp? What would it sound like? It would sound like this VST great sound for mystical or romantic moods. Included in the last octave are Gliss samples for effect.
- Simple Acoustic Guitar – Straight Foward guitar. Good for picking or sketch work.
- Soft Mallet Xylophone – The xylophone played with a soft mallet. Velocity sensitive over 4 octaves.
- Toys – Toy Piano, a small scale piano with a tiny sound + an electronic children’s piano with baby xylophones instrument.
- VL-1 Drum – Drum sounds from the Casio VL-1 keyboard/calculator.
- Zeboo Drum Kit – Acoustic drum kit, GM Mapped. The last octaves are samples of Zeboo himself!
- Lucivier – The keyboard produces a celesta like tone while pipes produce flute like sounds at the same time. The bottom octave and the last are the sounds produced by using the three pedals on the bottom.
- Kazoo – The only instrument you need little to no experience to play. So why not try a VST. It’s a bit harsh but fun to knock around with.
- Gamelan Music – Three Gamelan instruments: Reyong, Gangsa and Calung.
- Electric Bass – Simple Electric Bass, keys are velocity sensitive to give a short note on harder strikes. The upper octaves include a classic bass slide.
- Whale Song – Made from CC whale song files. Includes a whale purr, a trumpet, gentle underwater sound fx, and more.
- Sinsonic Drums – Like many old toys from the past some have actually been used by pros. Mattel Synsonic drums have been used by kraftwerk and others. This is a knock off the original pays tribute to our toys of a bygone era.
- Basement Piano – Most homes might have one of these lurking in there corner basement. An old upright that you may have learned to play piano on or liked to beat on. Either way this pleasant piano will convey a warm nostalgic sound for your next tune.
- Southern Banjo – For some there is nothing like the sound of a picked banjo. for others they can do without. This is an attempt to faithfully recreate the sound of a great instrument.
The Necromare instruments are available as freeware VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
More information: Necromare
, bass guitar
, Big Fish Audio
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Oct 04, 2010
Big Fish Audio has announced Textured, a new series of sample libraries.
The Textured series is a compilation of sonic layers that embody emotional elements of realism and fantasy, fused to create tracks so full of life, you’ll be able to feel the soul of the music as it comes alive.
This series knows no musical boundaries and enhances all musical genres its placed with. So whether your needing a few rhythms and textures to add dimension to your existing tracks or want that one of a kind melodic hook that can jump start the creative juices, the Textured Series always has you covered.
Textured Series titles
- Modern Rock – Modern Rock Guitar and Bass Loops. This library allows you to harness the creative essence of the electric guitar and bass backed by the raw emotional power of roaring amplifiers, features 27 Kits packed full of the hottest electric guitar and electric bass loops.
- Quirky Guitars – Guitar melodies, rhythms, and textures. This extensive collection focuses on Melodies, Rhythms and Textures through the instruments of the acoustic guitar (hi-strung, de-tuned, natural) banjo, mandolin, vintage electric guitars, glockenspiel, bells, music boxes, old synths, organs and others secret ingredients that create a masterful feast fit for any creative genius.
- Pop n’ Soul Guitars – Urban Guitar Collection. Embrace an amplified soul with this exhaustive collection of R&B, Soul and Pop Guitar Loops, 25 Kits jammed full of the hottest electric, acoustic and nylon guitar loops available.
- Mariachi – Modern and Traditional Mariachi. This 3 GB (1.26 GB of 24-bit WAV files) collection of Mariachi Music is 100% live played. Every loop is hand-made and will add just the right amount of hot and spicy for that authentic vibe you tracks crave.
Modern Rock and Pop n’ Soul Guitars are available to purchase for $99.95 USD each. Quirky Guitars and Mariachi are $69.95 USD each.
More information: Big Fish Audio / Textured Series
AudioWarrior has announced the release of Mountain Banjo, a Reason ReFill featuring chromatic plus strummable banjo chords with individually strummable and pickable notes.
The Audiowarrior Mountain Banjo Reason Refill is a special sounding Open G tuned virtual banjo that will add true STEREO-SAMPLED banjo character, spirit, and musicality to your songwriting compositions.
…Includes a Chromatic Combinator for standard note mapping and use of Banjo MIDI files plus STRUMMABLE NNXT Combinator Chords & STRUMMABLE and PICKABLE NNXT Chords with root notes that default to C3 ascending.
The Mountain Banjo Reason ReFill is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: AudioWarrior / Mountain Banjo