The Control Centre has released Bitza Bass Guitar, an Instrument Rack for Ableton Live, featuring a multi-sampled custom built electric bass.
The 93 24bit 44k WAV samples, in picked, fingered, damped pick and slap styles, are all mapped across a single keyboard.
Fender 81 Precision Pickup | Maple Matsamuku Neck | Young Chan Body | Concorde Machine Heads | Fender Squire Bridge | Rotasound 42 Strings
The Bitza Bass Guitar library is available to purchase for $10 USD (requires Live 8.3 or higher).
More information: The Control Centre / Bitza Bass Guitar
Fsynthz has released PhybAce Pilot, a free physically modeled bass guitar instrument for Windows.
PhybAce Pilot is a test of the platform, coming with limited set of features/controls, still coming close enough to the full-scale power of the model. It is intended to collect opinions and suggestions for the further development.
PhybAce Pilot’s tone generator is based on original C++ code.
PhybAce Pilot features
- String, in detailed math.
- Plectron (stiffness, position, picking way – up to slapping).
- Body resonances.
- Two pickups (with positions).
- “Slide mode” for legato up.
PhybAce Pilot for Windows (VST) is available to download at no cost.
More information: Fsynthz / PhybAce Pilot
The Control Centre has announced the release of Analog Kicks and Rickenbacker 4001, two sample libraries for Ableton Live.
Analog Kicks is a Drum Rack for Ableton Live featuring a set of electronic kick drums created with MOOG Opus 3 and Doepfer Dark Energy analog synthesizers. The 48 24bit 44k WAV files are velocity-mapped across 16 drum pads.
Rickenbacker 4001 is a free Instrument Rack for Ableton Live, featuring a multi-sampled Rickenbacker 4001 electric bass guitar. The 25 16bit 44k WAV files included in the pack were recorded by Dean Nekro.
Analog Kicks is available to purchase for $5 USD. The Rickenbacker 4001 pack is a free download. Both sample packs require Live 8.3 (or higher).
More information: The Control Centre
The Loop Loft has introduced The Fender Musicmaster Sessions, a collection of bass loops by Janek Gwizdala.
After discovering an orhpaned Musicmaster bass in an NYC recording studio (left behind by famed indie rock producer, Jim O’Rourke), Janek Gwizdala fell in love with the “punchy, warm vibe” of this short scale, one-pickup bass released by Fender in the early 70′s.
With a fresh set of nylon tapewound strings and an array of effects pedals, Janek brought his newly coveted bass to The Loop Loft studios to lay down his latest loop collection, “The Fender Musicmaster Sessions”.
Fender Musicmaster Sessions features
- 13 Complete Sessions.
- Instant Download – 369 MB.
- Formats: AIFF (Apple Loops), REX2, & WAV.
- Tempo Range: 77-146 BPM.
- 100% Royalty Free.
- High Quality 24 bit 48 kHz Audio.
The Fender Musicmaster Sessions sample library is available to purchase for $39 USD.
More information: The Loop Loft
Organic Loops’ Frontline Producer has released Sampled Bass Ultimate Collection, a bass guitar sample library.
Whether you’re looking for quick inspiration or the patch that allows you to create your own line, this pack has all bases covered.
Carefully and lovingly recorded, we have chosen only the best combination of instruments, vintage cabinets, mics, class A pre amps and compressors to take us into the digital Domain.
The pack aims to give maximum inspiration and total Creativity for the Pro-Producer of today.
Sampled Bass Ultimate Collection features
- ~1GB loops and patches, recorded at 24bit and between 130-175 bpm.
- Samples in three or four different keys to give you as much flexibility as possible, including ghost notes.
- 2, 4, 8 bar loops, filtered and effected loops and some fantastic patches to make your own bass lines with.
- Includes 315 bass loops, 13 bass fx riffs, 18 filtered 8th note loops, 18 cranked 8th note loops, 18 8th note loops, 18 bass major chord hits, 18 bass minor chords, 3 bass multisampled instruments, 1 pulls multisampled instrument, 1 slaps multisampled instrument, 13 harmonic hits, and 315 REX2 files.
The sample library is available from Loopmasters for £29.95 GBP.
More information: Organic Loops / Sampled Bass Ultimate Collection
The Control Centre has announced its Spirit Bass Ableton Live Instrument Rack.
An Instrument Rack for Ableton Live featuring a multi-sampled Steinberger Spirit bass guitar. Requires Live 8.3 or higher.
Spirit Bass features
- 31 Samples, 24bit WAV (56 MB content).
- Recorded with NI Audio Kontrol 1, Wavelab.
The Spirit Bass sound library is available to purchase for $5 USD.
More information: The Control Centre / Spirit Bass