Plektron has announced the release of Guitar Amp 2.0 and Guitar Amp 2 Free Edition, two guitar/bass effects and amplifier plug-ins for Windows.
Guitar amp 2 offers wide set of amplifiers and effects. Using it is simple and intuitive due to its drag and drop system, you have just to drag a module in the rack to create your customize effect’s chain.
If it is the right sound, you can save your own set! Plug your guitar to the audio board and start Guitar Amp 2 in stand alone mode, or just record in your favourite VST host with the plug-in version.
Changes in Guitar Amp v2.0
- New modules:
- An amp: Epic.
- An analog tuner.
- A distortion: Fracture.
- Improved performance.
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
- Free limited version of Guitar Amp 2: Guitar Amp 2 Free Edition includes two versatile amplifiers for Guitar and Bass.
Guitar Amp 2 for Windows (VST) costs 12.99 EUR. The Free Edition features a virtual rack of effects and amplier for guitar and bass.
More information: Plektron / Guitar Amp
Ilya Efimov has announced the release of Modern Bass, a 5-string bass guitar sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This library is a detailed emulation of a hi-end 5-string “studio custom” bass from the famous Canadian company F-Bass. We’d characterize its sound as the embodiment of a deep fundamental bass, coupled with excellent clarity. We recorded 12 dynamic layers for each fret of each string with different playing techniques and articulations.
Modern Bass features
- 3.74 Gb ncw compression format.
- 3941 samples, 24 bit, 44.1 KHz.
- Up to 12 velocity layers, 21 frets on each string with round-robin algorithm.
- FINGERED, SLAP and PALM-MUTE in one patch.
- Different natural legato for FINGER, SLAP and PALM-MUTE articulations.
- THUMB and POP slap articulation, with Auto and Manual selection.
- Auto and Manual String and Position Selection.
- Attack control.
- Slide-up, Flageolets, X-notes (two modes for x-note performance).
- Repetition keys for X-notes and last articulations.
- Realistic glissando note-to-note.
- AMP cabinet and Bass tone effects.
- Multiple FX and Noises (strokes, fret noises, releases).
The sample library is available to purchase for 129 EUR. Requires Kontakt +4.2.4 or Kontakt 5 full version.
More information: Ilya Efimov / Modern Bass
Native Instruments has introduced Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass, a new KONTAKT instrument featuring the sound of a Rickenbacker® 4003 bass guitar.
Sampled by bassist and instrument designer Thomas Skarbye, SCARBEE RICKENBACKER® BASS is also the first software version of this bass to be approved by Rickenbacker®.
SCARBEE RICKENBACKER® BASS delivers the sound of a Rickenbacker® 4003 bass for the first time in software as a Rickenbacker-approved KONTAKT instrument. Featured on many of history’s most important rock and pop recordings, the bass provides deep lows and a detailed midrange response that allow it to remain clear and present in a mix. RICKENBACKER® BASS features two varieties of picked articulations – open and palm-muted. RICKENBACKER® BASS is the first bass from SCARBEE to offer picked articulations. This playing style adds extra punch and attack to the crisp sound of the instrument. The palm-muted articulations recall the sound of popular recordings from the 1960s and 1970s. Another first in the SCARBEE line is the inclusion of the Jump Amp from GUITAR RIG PRO 5, providing all the amplified sounds in RICKENBACKER® BASS. By keeping the sound of the bass and the amplifier separate in this way, users are given an added degree of fine control over the tone.
RICKENBACKER® BASS was sampled by Thomas Skarbye – a highly regarded bassist whose sound design brand has become synonymous with quality and playability. To ensure the highest level of detail, Thomas Skarbye used a top-of-the-line Metric Halo® LIO-8 preamp, Mogami® patch cables, and Rotosound® bass strings to capture this instrument. His attention to detail also extends to playing technique. Avoiding Rickenbacker®’s integrated foam muting system, Skarbye recorded the palm-muted articulations with the pick hand over the bridge to ensure the realism of a true performance, while the open articulations were played between the pickups. All samples were recorded with the unique Rick-O-Sound stereo output for unmistakable Rickenbacker® tone. In recognition of the SCARBEE team’s exceptional work, SCARBEE RICKENBACKER® BASS has received Rickenbacker®’s official approval.
The SCARBEE and Native Instruments partnership have released numerous instrument libraries for KONTAKT and the free KONTAKT PLAYER. SCARBEE RICKENBACKER® BASS adds to SCARBEE’s reputation for precision and detail in sampled instruments.
Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass is available to purchase for $99 USD / 99 EUR.
More information: Native Instruments / Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass
IK Multimedia has announced the release of AmpliTube Custom Shop 3.9 software for Mac and PC, which brings with it a selection of dream machines from two top amp manufacturers, and expands the total Custom Shop collection to over 265 individual pieces of gear.
Running standalone or as a plug-in for all major formats, version 3.9 debuts new officially certified models of Orange® and Carvin® amps and cabinets, all available for individual purchase from the AmpliTube Custom Shop.
New models in AmpliTube Custom Shop v3.9
- The Orange® OR50 head brings back those late ‘60s and early ‘70s beefy Britishrock crunch tones, yet cleans up nicely with a twist of your guitar’s volume knob. It’s a 50-watt all-tube model featuring a simple control layout: Preamp Gain, 3-band EQ, HF (high-frequency) Drive, and a Master Volume.
- The Orange® AD200 Bass Mark III offers straight up bass tone with simple controls and beautifully constructed bass response. The original amp was so good that for years it was the only bass amp Orange manufactured.
- The Orange® Dual Terror is a dual-channel amp features a “Fat” channel for ultrawarm rhythm and smooth-distorted lead tones, and the “Tiny Terror” channel, which dials in tones from clean to ear-crushing.
- New Orange® Bass Cabinets include the Orange OBC410, the OBC-115 Single 15”, and the OBC-810 8×10”. Each cabinet model features a dual-mic section with blend controls and a room-ambience control with dual room mics for creating the perfect ultra-realistic recording space.
- AmpliTube Custom Shop now includes the officially certified model of the versatile Carvin® V3M guitar head, featuring 3-channel operation plus a global mastercontrol section. Channels 1 and 2 are identical “lead” channels, each with a 3-way drive switch, channel volume and 3-band EQ with an EQ “X” control for adjusting the mid-frequency point of the bass and treble controls. Channel 3 is the “clean” channel, with a 3-way drive control and the same EQ setup. The master section controls the overall volume, reverb and Boost levels. The IK model features a selectable power mode with 50W, 22W or 7W options.
- Also new is the Carvin 2×12 V3M, the matching cabinet.
The new models are available now to AmpliTube Custom Shop 3.9 users (free update). The gear models in the Custom Shop are sold using Gear Credits and are priced between 5 and 30 credits each. Gear Credit Packs start as low as $19.99 USD / 14.99 EUR (for 20 credits) and go up to $299.99 USD / 224.99 EUR (for 500 credits).
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Custom Shop
Dream Audio Tools has announced the release of its Repetitive Bass sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt, featuring multi-sampled electric bass repetitions.
Playing properly realistic bass repetitions is considered to be a troublesome task, even with round-robins, due to the lack of interconnections between notes. That becomes expecially audible when composing modern rock or hybrid rock tracks.
Repetitive bass fills the gap introducing real sequences, multisampled and playable according to host tempo. Includes repetitions in Fourths and Eights plus Single tones both in clean and distorted version.
Repetitive Bass features
- Tempo synced.
- Authentic Mix-ready Bass tone.
- All samples are 24bit/44.100.
- Separate multisampled sets for 4th string and 2nd/1st string.
- 14 .nki patches including keyswitches.
- 870 Mbytes of sampled sequences and tones.
- Low memory usage, Laptop ready.
- Designed effect variations activable (Reamp, Chorus, Delay, Reverb).
Repetitive Bass is available to purchase for 14.90 EUR. Full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2.3 or above is required.
More information: Dream Audio Tools