Native Instruments has introduced Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass, a new KONTAKT instrument featuring the sound of a Rickenbacker® 4003 bass guitar.
Sampled by bassist and instrument designer Thomas Skarbye, SCARBEE RICKENBACKER® BASS is also the first software version of this bass to be approved by Rickenbacker®.
SCARBEE RICKENBACKER® BASS delivers the sound of a Rickenbacker® 4003 bass for the first time in software as a Rickenbacker-approved KONTAKT instrument. Featured on many of history’s most important rock and pop recordings, the bass provides deep lows and a detailed midrange response that allow it to remain clear and present in a mix. RICKENBACKER® BASS features two varieties of picked articulations – open and palm-muted. RICKENBACKER® BASS is the first bass from SCARBEE to offer picked articulations. This playing style adds extra punch and attack to the crisp sound of the instrument. The palm-muted articulations recall the sound of popular recordings from the 1960s and 1970s. Another first in the SCARBEE line is the inclusion of the Jump Amp from GUITAR RIG PRO 5, providing all the amplified sounds in RICKENBACKER® BASS. By keeping the sound of the bass and the amplifier separate in this way, users are given an added degree of fine control over the tone.
RICKENBACKER® BASS was sampled by Thomas Skarbye – a highly regarded bassist whose sound design brand has become synonymous with quality and playability. To ensure the highest level of detail, Thomas Skarbye used a top-of-the-line Metric Halo® LIO-8 preamp, Mogami® patch cables, and Rotosound® bass strings to capture this instrument. His attention to detail also extends to playing technique. Avoiding Rickenbacker®’s integrated foam muting system, Skarbye recorded the palm-muted articulations with the pick hand over the bridge to ensure the realism of a true performance, while the open articulations were played between the pickups. All samples were recorded with the unique Rick-O-Sound stereo output for unmistakable Rickenbacker® tone. In recognition of the SCARBEE team’s exceptional work, SCARBEE RICKENBACKER® BASS has received Rickenbacker®’s official approval.
The SCARBEE and Native Instruments partnership have released numerous instrument libraries for KONTAKT and the free KONTAKT PLAYER. SCARBEE RICKENBACKER® BASS adds to SCARBEE’s reputation for precision and detail in sampled instruments.
Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass is available to purchase for $99 USD / 99 EUR.
More information: Native Instruments / Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass
IK Multimedia has announced the release of AmpliTube Custom Shop 3.9 software for Mac and PC, which brings with it a selection of dream machines from two top amp manufacturers, and expands the total Custom Shop collection to over 265 individual pieces of gear.
Running standalone or as a plug-in for all major formats, version 3.9 debuts new officially certified models of Orange® and Carvin® amps and cabinets, all available for individual purchase from the AmpliTube Custom Shop.
New models in AmpliTube Custom Shop v3.9
- The Orange® OR50 head brings back those late ‘60s and early ‘70s beefy Britishrock crunch tones, yet cleans up nicely with a twist of your guitar’s volume knob. It’s a 50-watt all-tube model featuring a simple control layout: Preamp Gain, 3-band EQ, HF (high-frequency) Drive, and a Master Volume.
- The Orange® AD200 Bass Mark III offers straight up bass tone with simple controls and beautifully constructed bass response. The original amp was so good that for years it was the only bass amp Orange manufactured.
- The Orange® Dual Terror is a dual-channel amp features a “Fat” channel for ultrawarm rhythm and smooth-distorted lead tones, and the “Tiny Terror” channel, which dials in tones from clean to ear-crushing.
- New Orange® Bass Cabinets include the Orange OBC410, the OBC-115 Single 15”, and the OBC-810 8×10”. Each cabinet model features a dual-mic section with blend controls and a room-ambience control with dual room mics for creating the perfect ultra-realistic recording space.
- AmpliTube Custom Shop now includes the officially certified model of the versatile Carvin® V3M guitar head, featuring 3-channel operation plus a global mastercontrol section. Channels 1 and 2 are identical “lead” channels, each with a 3-way drive switch, channel volume and 3-band EQ with an EQ “X” control for adjusting the mid-frequency point of the bass and treble controls. Channel 3 is the “clean” channel, with a 3-way drive control and the same EQ setup. The master section controls the overall volume, reverb and Boost levels. The IK model features a selectable power mode with 50W, 22W or 7W options.
- Also new is the Carvin 2×12 V3M, the matching cabinet.
The new models are available now to AmpliTube Custom Shop 3.9 users (free update). The gear models in the Custom Shop are sold using Gear Credits and are priced between 5 and 30 credits each. Gear Credit Packs start as low as $19.99 USD / 14.99 EUR (for 20 credits) and go up to $299.99 USD / 224.99 EUR (for 500 credits).
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Custom Shop
Dream Audio Tools has announced the release of its Repetitive Bass sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt, featuring multi-sampled electric bass repetitions.
Playing properly realistic bass repetitions is considered to be a troublesome task, even with round-robins, due to the lack of interconnections between notes. That becomes expecially audible when composing modern rock or hybrid rock tracks.
Repetitive bass fills the gap introducing real sequences, multisampled and playable according to host tempo. Includes repetitions in Fourths and Eights plus Single tones both in clean and distorted version.
Repetitive Bass features
- Tempo synced.
- Authentic Mix-ready Bass tone.
- All samples are 24bit/44.100.
- Separate multisampled sets for 4th string and 2nd/1st string.
- 14 .nki patches including keyswitches.
- 870 Mbytes of sampled sequences and tones.
- Low memory usage, Laptop ready.
- Designed effect variations activable (Reamp, Chorus, Delay, Reverb).
Repetitive Bass is available to purchase for 14.90 EUR. Full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2.3 or above is required.
More information: Dream Audio Tools
Related: bass guitar
, multi fx
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Jul 04, 2012
Positive Grid has announced a limited time discount on three of its Expansion Packs for JamUp, the guitar and bass multi-fx app for iOS.
Enjoy the 4th of July with the FREEDOM of TONE! FIVE DAYS only, get 20% OFF our three most popular JamUp Expansion Packs – Effects, Classic and Metal.
Get these massive models from the largest iOS Tone Farm on the planet. You also get to experience the NEW TONE SHARING feature in the latest release of JamUp Pro XT!
Don’t wait cause once this deal is gone, it’s gone! Download the JamUp app for FREE at the App-Store.
The expansion packs are available to purchase (in-app) for $7.99 USD each until July 9th, 2012.
More information: Positive Grid
Samplephonics has released Live Funky Bass Guitar, a sample library featuring bass guitar loops and samples by Simon Goulding.
We’ve been looking for the right guy to create a bass guitar sample pack for quite a while now, and were quite taken aback when we heard the first collection of bass guitar loops sent to us by Simon. This guy is quite simply one of the funkiest mothers rocking a bass guitar in the UK right now, and we are extremely excited to present this superb collection of live bass guitar loops and samples.
Perfect for anyone who produces soul, funk, funky house, french style electro-house and pop, these bass guitar loops and samples add a real live funked up vibe to any music production.
Simon Goulding: Live Funky Bass Guitar
- 300+ loops and samples, 24 Bit Wav, Apple Loops, Rex2 formats.
- Each tempo category (110, 115, 120, 125, 130 bpm) contains 5 separate categories of 8 Bar Loops, Fretless Bass Loops, Finger Style Bass Loops and Slap Bass Loops, plus a bonus Bass Effects folder.
- The loops and samples have been created using a number of different bass instruments to create different styles and sounds, including a Lakland 55-01, S.G. Signature 6 string bass by Dalmedo Custom Guitars, Ernie Ball MusicMan Stingray Fretless, Barker B1 Five and a Yamaha TRB5.
- All sounds were recorded through valave preamps and a high end Apogee convertor to ensure a full fat, analogue sound.
The sample library is available to purchase for £34.70 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics
StrayWorx has released Bad Bassist, a deep sampled sound library of an Ibanez SRX305 bass guitar through a Powerstate PBT100+BB15 combo, using “fingered” playing technique.
This is NOT one of the usual bass guitar sample libraries, it has some unusual and different extra features!
The SRX305 has a nice tone, good for backing, adds deep and rich bass sound to your music. If you use it as a normal bass guitar library, then it sounds as a normal bass guitar library. It doesn’t contain much features, there are no various playing techniques inside, just a simple and easy to use bass guitar instrument.
Switch it to Bad Bassist mode and experience a totally different way of playing the bass: unique sound with bad and randomly played notes. Your music won’t be the same twice.
Bad Bassist features
- E2-E4, sustained/muted, C2-C#2, slaps/mutes, E1-A1, down-slides, C1, string noises.
- 4 round robin in normal mode, 6 round robin in Bad Bassist mode.
- Kontakt 4.2+ (full version) required.
- 90 MBytes (using Kontakt’s losless compressed format).
- Fancy background.
The Bad Bassist library is available to purchase for $11 USD.
More information: StrayWorx / Bad Bassist
The Control Centre has released Bitza Bass Guitar, an Instrument Rack for Ableton Live, featuring a multi-sampled custom built electric bass.
The 93 24bit 44k WAV samples, in picked, fingered, damped pick and slap styles, are all mapped across a single keyboard.
Fender 81 Precision Pickup | Maple Matsamuku Neck | Young Chan Body | Concorde Machine Heads | Fender Squire Bridge | Rotasound 42 Strings
The Bitza Bass Guitar library is available to purchase for $10 USD (requires Live 8.3 or higher).
More information: The Control Centre / Bitza Bass Guitar
Fsynthz has released PhybAce Pilot, a free physically modeled bass guitar instrument for Windows.
PhybAce Pilot is a test of the platform, coming with limited set of features/controls, still coming close enough to the full-scale power of the model. It is intended to collect opinions and suggestions for the further development.
PhybAce Pilot’s tone generator is based on original C++ code.
PhybAce Pilot features
- String, in detailed math.
- Plectron (stiffness, position, picking way – up to slapping).
- Body resonances.
- Two pickups (with positions).
- “Slide mode” for legato up.
PhybAce Pilot for Windows (VST) is available to download at no cost.
More information: Fsynthz / PhybAce Pilot