Sounds To Sample has released FM8 Bass Muzik, a soundset for the FM8 software synthesizer by Native Instruments.
Utilizing every modifiable parameter in NI’s flagship frequency modulating soft synth, FM8 Bass Muzik provides producers of Dubstep, Trap, DnB, Electro, or any other hard in the paint style with the presets they need to build those low frequency tracks club kids are eating up.
Use one of the 88 presets from FM8 Bass Muzik straight off the download or adjust every parameter in FM8′s infinitely flexible software to help bring down the biz in your next low end, low slung, deep bass heater!
The soundset costs $19.99 USD.
More information: Sounds To Sample / FM8 Bass Muzik
Ueberschall has launched Upright Bass, a new Elastik Soundbank featuring grooves with low end.
A library that really goes deep. The wooden sound of an upright bass delivers unmatched liveliness to the lower registers of any track. Upright Bass covers multiple musical genres with its tasteful dynamic grooves.
Upright Bass is the latest title of Ueberschall‘s instrument-series where every volume fully focuses on a single instrument. The loops and licks of this library cover multiple playing techniques and articulations of the upright bass: flageolet, walking bass, half time, slides, bends, double notes and a lot more.
The spectrum covered by this library is amazingly versatile. The loops and their delicate groove do not only match Soul, Funk and Jazz but also related and influenced styles. No matter if Trip Hop, Breakbeat, Lounge, House, RnB or Rare Groove, Upright Bass will deliver the matching basslines. Additionally, by using creative filter- and effect processing, these loops will also add and push the bass in modern genres such as Drum & Bass or Dubstep. The bass licks are between two and eight bars in length with tempos ranging from 61 to 130 BPM.
For this library, we have fathomed the sonic range of this instrument. Thanks to professional recording techniques, you will not only hear but also feel the full deepness of the Upright Bass as well as its assertive and harmonically rich sound elements that are even present on laptop- and small speaker systems. All recordings have been carried out at 44.1 kHz and 24 bit with proven high-quality gear to achieve the best possible sound quality.
The soundbank is available to purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Ueberschall / Upright Bass
, ring modulator
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2013
Moog Music has announced 5 new Minifooger analog effects pedals for guitar and bass.
The Minifoogers place legendary Moog quality, tone and versatility into a compact, rugged housing designed to withstand the tortures of touring and daily abuse.
Today we announce the launch of the Minifooger Analog Effects family – a series of compact – easy to use stomp boxes designed primarily for use with electric guitar and bass. Each Minifooger is housed in a rugged cast aluminum enclosure and features a 100% analog signal path, true bypass design, optional battery power, and a single expression pedal input that can also be controlled via CV.
The Minifooger Analog Effects family is launching with 5 compact stomp boxes – the MF Drive, MF Boost, MF Delay, MF Ring, and MF Trem. Each pedal is 100% analog, designed and hand assembled in Moog’s factory in Asheville, North Carolina and carries a US street price below $200. Two videos can be seen on our site featuring artists experimenting with the Minifoogers: Troy Van Leeuwen, guitarist for the band Queens of The Stone Age takes a more classic approach; and Xander Singh and Ian Hultquist of Passion Pit explores the other worldly side of the Minifoogers.
We are extremely pleased to introduce the Minifoogers and hope that guitar and bass players enjoy years of artistic expression with them.
Minifoogers Analog Effects
- The MF Drive (MSRP $179 USD) is a filter-based overdrive pedal employing a Moog Ladder Filter, boutique FET amplifiers, and OTAs in its drive section making it highly reactive to picking dynamics. The panel features a bi-polar tone control and sweepable filter that work dynamically with input gain to offer each player unique and customizable sounds that retain the core timbre of their instrument. A filter Peak switch shifts harmonic content to the filter’s cutoff position, adding new tonal creation and dirty wah performance possibilities not found in other drive pedals.
- The MF Boost (MSRP $149 USD) is a selectable topology boost pedal that allows the player to switch between an “articulate VCA” signal path and a “colored OTA” signal path. Each is tailored to deliver boutique amplifier sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. The design also imparts natural compression to an input signal, which brings out note articulation and significantly increases the performance of other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal, sweepable-gain boost pedal, and VCA. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
- The MF Delay (MSRP $209 USD) features 35mS-700mS of completely analog delay time. At shorter settings, repeats are fast and bright for creating classic slap-back and plate sounds. At medium and long settings the repeats become darker and naturally trail into reverb-like state. A Drive circuit allows the player to adjust the tone and feel of the MF Delay as well as overdrive the Bucket Brigade Delay line, and the input of a guitar amplifier for bigger sound and feel. Also, the expression pedal input is switchable between feedback for expressive swells and delay time for tape delay and chorus/flange effects.
- The MF Ring (MSRP $159 USD) is an analog ring modulator that is based on the world’s best selling Ring Mod, the Moogerfooger MF-102. Its refined frequency range and tone voicing circuit add new-musical elements to ring modification, making it easy to dial in everything from octaves and choral dissonance to harmonic undertones and synthesized lead lines. The expression pedal input provides hands-free control of the Freq parameter for sound sweeps, pitch shifting effects, and playing between two scales on the fly.
- The MF Trem (MSRP $189 USD) is an analog tremolo pedal designed around a balanced modulator and Sub Audio VCO. This design creates a wide range of effects that are based on phase cancellation and addition. Players can create classic optical tremolo, hard tremolo, rotary effects and more that react dynamically to harmonic content. A variable Shape control interacts with Tone and Mix to craft subtle swells and gallops to rhythmic percussive, and swirling effects. When pushed, the MF Trem can also approach the beginnings of phasing and chorus. The expression pedal input adds control of the Speed parameter for hands-free swells and rotary effects.
The Minifooger pedals are available for preorder from all authorized Moog dealers. Shipping starts in October, 2013.
More information: Moog / Minifooger
Zenhiser has released Massive Dubstep Sounds 4, a collection of 100 Dubstep presets for Native Instruments Massive, and Filthy Dubstep Basslines, a sample pack featuring 150 basses for Dubstep music production.
Massive Dubstep Sounds 4
Totalling 100 dubstep presets that will lift your tracks to new realms this is the tool box of dubstep sounds every dubstep producer should have. Heavy basses, sharp fx and screaming leads makes ‘Massive Dubstep Sounds 4′ the pinnacle of Dubstep sonic heaven.
With macro controls for all the dubstep presets programming options are now right at your fingertips without any knowledge of synthesis, just tweak the macro’s presets and watch your sounds morph, mutate and sweep to suit.
Filthy Dubstep Basslines
Totalling 150 brand new dubstep basslines this is one serious producer’s pack and when you hear the preview you’ll realise just how many hooks we’re delivering. Every dubstep bassline is different and each one as good as the last, now that’s a sh*t load of dubstep heaven!
Filthy Dubstep Basslines includes throbbing bass heavy loops, brutal basslines, intense wobbles, colossal drivers and sub thumping patterns. Sounds great right, well check out the preview and you’ll know exactly what we are talking about. Hey don’t delay, get these dubstep basslines into your tracks now, you’ll be happy you did.
Massive Dubstep Sounds 4 is available to purchase for $30 AUD, Filthy Dubstep Basslines costs $25 AUD.
More information: Zenhiser
Soundtrack Loops has launched Rowdy Bass & Arpeggiators, a collection of loops and one shots.
Rowdy Bass & Arpeggiators is a speaker thrashing arsenal of some of the heaviest and nastiest sounds for producing Rowdy Drops, Dubstep, Funkstep, Brostep, Drum n Bass, and Hard Electro.
This is not a set of premade songs busted out into construction kits. This is a large set of loops and samples for the sound designer at heart. Drop them in your mix for instant dirt or slice them up, pitch shift the,, add a wow filter with automation, distortion, and compression to make them your own.
There are in total 210 loops, 170 One-shots (synth and drums), and 5 midi files. Folders are arpeggiators, Basses, Drums, Video Game Synths, Screamers, SFX, Sirens, Synths, and Voice FX. Tempos range from 140 – 190 BPM. BPM and Key information is included in the file names as well as the metadata. Pristine 24 bit 44.1 kHz Stereo files. It’s time to get rowdy.
The sample pack costs $24.95 USD.
More information: Soundtrack Loops / Rowdy Bass & Arpeggiators
Famous Audio has released its new Growl & Evil Bass sample pack.
“Growl & Evil Bass” contains 579 MB of content featuring 80 Loops at 110/128/140 BPM + 520 Samples -recorded at 24 bit quality. From snarling beastly growling to filthy dirty howling, dark monster growls to deep zombies grunts, evilest mutant growls to bloodcurdling screams, lunatic laughs to wicked creature noises, sinister grins to monstrous roars, deadly howls to harsh robot voices.. so, this pack delivers everything you need to get the sound of the era.
This deadly pack comes from the depths of hell and it is suitable for any style of BASS music. Electro-house, Complextro, Dubstep, Moombahcore, Glitch Hop, Trap and Drum’N Bass.. If you are looking to add some bite to your next production don’t miss this one!
The sample pack costs £29.95 GBP.
More information: Famous Audio / Growl & Evil Bass
Tek’it Audio has released version 1.2 of Genobazz Pro, a monophonic synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Genobazz Pro 1.2 comes with an improved user interface, a new bandpass filter, 155 new presets made by AbstractCats and Hypnagogia, an improved default preset bank and two new features on the LFO, a delay and a phase trigger to restart the phase on a new note when you use the LFO in tempo sync.
Changes in Genobazz Pro v1.2
- Bug fixed: saturated filter now sound exactly like on Genobazz 2.
- SSE2 instruction sets requirement.
- Performance options are now saved with the preset.
- Added 12dB BP State Variable filter.
- Added LFO delay.
- Added LFO phase trigger.
- Added AbstractCats bank of 128 new presets.
- Added Hypnagogia Expansion preset bank.
- Improved Default presets bank.
- GUI: Modified screen color to gray.
- GUI: Improved random and Undo icons.
- GUI: Improved performance options (Bend range, Env re-trigger, Note priority) selector.
- GUI: Improved LFO section.
- GUI: Other small improvements.
- DEMO: the plug-in now work without limitations for 10 minutes.
- SETUP: Improved Installer and Demo uninstaller.
- User Manual updated.
Genobazz Pro for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 39 EUR / $49 USD.
More information: Tek’it Audio / Genobazz Pro
Dope Kitz has announced the release of SubStation Lite, a virtual instrument for Windows and Mac that gives the user a collection of Sub Bass and Synth Bass instruments.
This Lite edition is scaled down version of the full Substation PRO ($89.99) virtual instrument that gives the user a larger collection of Sub Bass and Synth Bass instruments.
Designed for Hip-Hop, R&B, and Dub-Step Production, SubStation includes “trunk rattling” Sub Bass, Synth Bass, 808, and 909 Patches. SubStation Lite includes 15 Bass patches from Substation PRO.
SubStation Lite is available to purchase for $39.99 USD.
More information: Dope Kitz / SubStation Lite