de la Mancha has released slix, a randomising loop slicer, which switches between up to 4 loops and can shuffle, repeat, reverse and gate the slices of each loop according to user defined probability.
Load any 4 loops, sync them to tempo, slice them up and then set probabilities that each loop will play and for each randomising effect per loop. Even the randomness is randomised, with a parameter that varies the probability in a user defined range. slix was co-developed with sink, who also provided the included 295 original loops
- Load any 16, 24 or 32 bit, mono or stereo wav file into the 4 loop slots.
- 445 MB of original drum loop content (295 loops) by sink covering many electronic genres (breakbeat, dubstep, drum & bass, electro, 8 bit, lofi, vintage, IDM, FSU and glitch).
- Tempo-sync each loop by setting length in beats, allowing stretching or different lengths if desired.
- Choose any number of slices per loop.
- Slix plays when triggered by any midi note, with volume envelope per loop for fades.
- 4 effects with independent parameters per loop
- Reorder, plays slices out of sequence for variation per loop.
- Repeat, stutter effect by repeating slices.
- Reverse, play the slice backwards.
- Gate, add silent gaps into the loop.
- Variation range to randomise probabilities.
- Normalise and mono options per loop.
- Stereo-out and Multi-out versions (slix and slix 4×4).
- Single loop version (slix one) for simpler applications or lower CPU.
- 57 presets covering a range of sounds and styles.
Slix is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC for $39 USD. A demo version can be downloaded from the product page.
Visit de la Mancha for more information and audio demos.
Livelab.dk has released version 1.50 of LiveSlice, a beat slicer that can do much more than just slice your beats and export the results.
You can load up to 64 wave files at a time, slice them up and combine the slices in the multitrack arranger.
Each slice is coloured based on the content so you can easily tell them apart – this makes manual rearranging a lot faster, and more inspirational, since you are working with direct representations of the audio and not just abstract midi notes. If you find arranging beats in a piano roll / drum map a bit awkward at times, LiveSlice will definately change the way you make music.
Changes in LiveSlice v1.50
- Audio and midi export.
- Drag’n'drop loading of files.
- MP3 and AIF import.
- You can now load multiple files at once.
- Load many one shot samples to the same loop slot.
- Keyboard shortcuts in the file manager.
- Added an option to speed up loading of files at the expense of less detailed graphical representation.
- Updated user interface backend (better performance).
- Improved scrolling in the file browser and loops list.
- Fixed: default colors now loaded.
- Fixed: minor bug with pasting events.
- Fixed: the “clear” command now properly resets all parameters.
- Fixed: clipping during 24 bit export.
LiveSlice is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC for 49.95 EUR. The upcoming version 1.51 will include an OSX version (currently in beta) and editable loop points for stretching.
Visit Livelab.dk for more information.
, beat slicer
, drum machine
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Apr 10, 2009
FXpansion has released version 1.6 of GURU, an intuitive and powerful tool for creating your beats.
GURU takes the best features of hardware beatboxes, drum samplers and loop manglers, and combines them into a unique, inspirational software instrument.
Whether integrated in to your DAW or running standalone, GURU’s powerful sequencer with ultra tight timing and realtime groove adjustment is an intuitive and addictive interface with which to quickly write inspiring rhythmic foundations for your tracks.
Changes in GURU v1.6
- Note repeat , note erase and fixed-level triggering for the pads.
- Looping and phase flip per layer.
- Patterns can now be up to 16 pages (512 steps) long (increased from 4 pages).
- 16 stereo outputs (increased from 8).
- Instant graph record from MIDI CC.
- Skinning support.
- Various workflow and midi implementation enhancements (improvements to midi remote control, layer context menus etc.).
GURU is available for Windows and Mac for $249 / 199 EUR (ex VAT). The update is available as a free upgrade to all GURU version 1.x registered users. A demo version can be downloaded here.
More information: FXpansion
Pluggotic has released Necroloop, a freeware slicer effect plug-in for Windows PC.
Pluggotic Necroloop is a pseudo real-time stereo slicer for buffer-freaks.
..what does it mean? or why the “pseudo”, you might ask.
Necroloop is an effect that records incoming material in 8/16/32 slices and plays it back in horribly twisted ways with it’s live, sequenced editing tools. Necroloop only demands for incoming audio and a running host. Just load it as a common stereo insert fx and let anything run through, a drum loop, melodic instruments, vocals..or an entire mix.
- Incoming audio is recorded in 8/16/32 slices.
- Forward and reverse playback modes.
- Various sequencers with 32 patterns to store sequences:
- “Loop Start” and “Loop End”, manipulate loop points of the 8/16/32 slices.
- “Jittering” sequencers control randomizations for “Loop Start” and “Loop End”.
- “Pitch” and “Pitch jittering”.
- “Multi-Fx”, control multi-fx’s parameters 1 and 2.
- The effect section features:
- Multimode filter (lp/bp/hp/notch).
- ring modulation, with a choice of four waveforms.
- Tons of chaos/randomize options.
Note: Necroloop has a fixed latency of one or two measures. The real time manipulation affects what has been recorded one or two measures before.
There is no information on Necroloop on the Pluggotic website at this moment, so download Necroloop for Windows PC here.
, beat slicer
, drum machine
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Mar 09, 2009
LinPlug has released version 5.0.4 of RMV Drum Addiction, a complete drum solution for Windows and Mac.
Changes in RMV Drum Addiction v5.0.4
- fixed multi import of samples on pads other than first pad.
- fixed effects not being in sync with the host tempo.
- fixed Loop Sample import being overdrawn by waveform display.
- fixed LM4 import.
- fixed error when deleting last path in sample path setup.
- now one can browse more than 8000 items of a kind (pads, samples etc).
- sample preview now happens with pad parameters applied (filters etc).
- ECS can now automate “group editing” (right mouse button), this is useful in example to automate the filter for all slices at once.
There are now RMV 3 tutorial videos are available at YouTube:
- Overview on RMV’s features
- Instruction on how to import your own loops
- Instruction on how to edit multiple slices at once (building groups e.g. for all kicks in a loop)
LinPlug has also announced the release of Lambik Loops, an add-on for RMV.
Some of you may have noticed the Lambik loops in the factory loop library of RMV. LinPlug is proud to release and additional set from Lambik. It covers a wide range of electronic styles and ranges from originally 80 to 160 bpm. Of course the tempo can be adjusted in RMV.
Many of the loops come in multiple versions, in example without kick, the kick only, without percussion or in rhythmic variations. Counting all versions and variations there are almost 700 loops.
Lambik Loops is available exclusively from LinPlug as a download product and contains only previously unpublished loops. It can be purchased for 39 EUR / $59 USD.
More information: LinPlug
LinPlug has released a Mac version of RMV Drum Addiction, the drum synth, sampler and loop slicer plug-in previously available for Windows.
RMV features a Drum Synthesizer, Drum Sampler, Audio Loop Modules (Slicer & Player) and a Drum Librarian including 1,500 Audio Loops, 2,600 MIDI Grooves and 10,000 sounds.
Check the product page for detailed information on RMV’s many features. A demo version can be downloaded here.
RMV is available for purchase for $179 USD / 139 EUR including VAT. An upgrade from RM IV and RM III is $79 USD / 59 EUR.
Visit LinPlug for more information.
Image-Line has released version 1.0.5 of Ogun, a VST instrument for Windows and Mac.
Ogun can produce exceptionally rich metallic and shimmering timbres, although it’s not limited to this genre. Ogun’s distinctive synthesis engine can generate more than 32,000 harmonics, modulated by high-level ‘harmonic mapping’ functions, that hand tonal control directly to the user.
Changes in Ogun v1.0.5
- fixed a small bug with unison
- updated envelopes
Image-Line has also released a beta version (for Image-Line customers) of Gross Beat, a time manipulation effect designed for repetition and scratching effects.
Gross beat is perfect for real-time or rendered gating, glitch, repeat, scratching and stutter performances. Gross Beat stores audio in a 2-bar rolling buffer under the control of 36 user definable time and volume envelopes, giving you unlimited creative control.
Gross Beat features
- Powerful MIDI controlled envelopes.
- 2 bar audio buffer.
- Real time effect, perfect for live performance.
- 36 volume/gating envelopes with user-controlled smoothing.
- Linked or independent volume & gating slot operation.
- A large number of creative presets ready to go.
The Gross Beat public beta will expire on December 19th. The final version will be $99 USD but you can get it free with any purchase of $99 and more until the end of the year.
Note: New Image-Line customers can use this promo link to get (an additional) 10% discount.
Visit Image-Line for more information.
Tekky Synths has released version 1.3.2 of SlIsTErYx, a combination of a slicer and a remixer.
Version 1.3.2 includes some GUI adjustments, the option to select your sample root disk and some other improvements.
- Just 4 buttons to create instant variations of a 4 tracks song.
- Integrates in major standard hosts.
- Prepare and import your own sample banks.
- Dust off these old web and magazines sample banks collections.
- Just double-click a sample to insert it in the mix.
- Samples automatically fit into the mix.
- Adjust individually each sample in each player.
- Midi learn for all parameters.
SlIsTErYx is available as a VST instrument for Windows PC and costs 30 EUR. A demo version can be downloaded from the product page.
Visit Tekky Synths for more information and audio demos.