The Loop Loft has announced the release of Linear Drums Vol 2, a MIDI library featuring linear drum beats.
Boring beats are now a thing of the past. Introducing Linear Drums Vol 2 – a revolutionary approach to MIDI drum grooves.
Breaking away from traditional eighth and sixteenth note patterns on the hi hat and ride, these loops bring an entirely new dimension to grooves by orchestrating patterns around the entire drum kit.
The MIDI pack costs $29 USD. It is also included in the MIDI pack bundle (9 packs) at a 25% discount.
More information: The Loop Loft / Linear Drums Vol 2
Native Instruments has announced the release of DRUM LAB, a virtual drum instrument combining advanced drum layering techniques with an intuitive workflow designed for fast results.
DRUM LAB’s combination of acoustic and electronic drum samples is the secret of professionals worldwide – a powerful production technique for creating punchy, present drum tracks. An included groove library provides over 900 patterns for fast groove production with uncompromising sound quality.
DRUM LAB combines the organic, expressive sound of acoustic drums with the weight and punch of electronic samples. This ‘hybrid’ layering technique is the secret weapon of countless industry professionals to give drums presence and clarity in sonically dense mixes. DRUM LAB’s acoustic layer comprises 38 carefully chosen individual drums. Each was recorded in three different rooms with high-end vintage and modern equipment on analog tape. The drums are pre-processed for instant, professional sound and feature all the warmth and subtly acoustic drums bring to top-quality recordings. What sets DRUM LAB apart from other software-based drum instruments is its electronic component: 380 drum hits were sampled from a range of classic and modern drum machines, then expertly matched, phase aligned, faded, and pitched to perfectly blend with the acoustic samples. This crucial step saves producers hours of time, allowing them to focus on their music.
DRUM LAB’s clear interface provides all necessary sound shaping controls directly on the front panel. Producers can choose individual acoustic and electronic layers, blend them to taste via a convenient slider, and quickly adjust fine details with some of Native Instruments’ most sought-after studio effects. A streamlined set of controls for TRANSIENT MASTER, SOLID EQ, G COMP, an optimized drum compressor, and a rich convolution reverb are all located on DRUM LAB’s main panel, allowing quick and easy sonic adjustments. Users can dial in a variety of sounds from detailed and rich to saturated and gritty without spending unnecessary time switching through multiple page menus or negotiating complex effect parameters. This creates an intuitive way to create completely individual drum sounds.
Alongside its extensive sound shaping possibilities, DRUM LAB also delivers authentic performances. A new set of patterns were recorded by a professional drummer, then converted to MIDI files and arranged by genre in DRUM LAB’s groove library. Users can quickly drag-and-drop these patterns into their sessions, accelerating production time without sacrificing human feel. A unique visual display lets producers see where grooves line up in their tracks for added visual reference when creating beats.
Drum Lab for Kontakt and Kontakt Player is available to purchase for $99 USD / 99 EUR.
More information: Native Instruments / Drum Lab
, Charlie Hunter
, Eric Harland
, samples and sound libraries
, The Loop Loft
Posted in news
on Jul 25, 2013
The Loop Loft has announced a Summer Special sale on 6 of its most popular sample collections.
We’re deep in summer and now it’s time to provide even deeper savings on six of our most popular Loop Loft collections.
- The Platinum Pack — With over 4,000,000 kB (4.6 GB to be exact) of drum loops in our library, The Platinum Pack is a bundled collection of 22 of our most popular releases. With everything from bebop brush grooves, to North Indian frame drums, to polished pop beats, to low-fi hip hop loops, this is the most extensive pack we’ve ever released.
- The Bunker Sessions Vol 2 — Recorded at the world-class Bunker Studios in NYC, seven-string guitarist Charlie Hunter and jazz drum master Eric Harland bring the inimitable soul and feel of live musicians, playing together at the top of their game, to anyone’s tracks. The Bunker Sessions Vol 2 focuses on grooves and feels including funk, latin, hip hop and wide open rock.
- Indie Rock Drums Bundle — We’ve bundled all three of our popular Indie Rock Drums collections, giving you instant access to our massive library of authentic indie drums. With drum sounds and grooves inspired by the likes of Built to Spill, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, The Strokes, Fugazi, The Flaming Lips and a host of other bands, the Indie Rock bundle is here to save you from the lame “rock” drum loops that came loaded with your DAW.
- Everything But Sticks — Let’s be honest. 99% of the drum loops in existence use sticks. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but isn’t it time to do something different? This is why we set out to produce Everything But Sticks, a collection of loops and samples that take a new and fresh approach to grooves on the drum set.
- Blues Drums Bundle — We’ve bundled both of our popular Blues Drums Collections together, creating the most comprehensive and authentic Blues loop library ever produced. With formats ranging from WAV, REX2, AIFF (Apple Loops) and Stylus RMX, you’ll be able to work seamlessly in the DAW of your choice.
- Multitrack Drums Master Bundle — The Multitrack Drums Master Bundle gives you instant access to every single drum release in the Multitrack Series (a whopping 7 GB of drums)! With collections ranging from Motown, to dubstep, to jazz, to rock, you’ll never be at a loss for quality, multitracked drums again.
The sale ends July 31st, 2013, at 12:00am EST.
More information: The Loop Loft / Summer Special
P5Audio has introduced Beat Rockerz Arsenal Kits, a sound library for the Native Instruments Maschine.
The ultimate Rock stabs and hits kit has arrived for maschine! Featuring all live epic rock band stabs, hits, guitar and bass riffs, rock drum samples and sfx, this sound pack will make your beats rock harder than any other kit on the planet!
Featuring 288 big studio sounds, all 18 kits have been programmed for Native Instruments Maschine, and are ready to load for quick beat production. We’ve even included 3 brand new live electric guitar and 3 live bass multi-sampled virtual instruments (and extra 226 sounds total), giving you complete creative control over your melodic and harmonic creation. Make your beats rock harder. Download this one of a kind sound pack today!
The sample library costs $29.99 USD.
More information: P5Audio / Beat Rockerz Arsenal Kits
Sound Pack Flyer has announced the Beat Butcha’s Bundle, a collection of 4 sample packs by Beat Butcha.
Wow oh wow these kits are hot. I’ll tell you right now, any genre you want to make hip-hop wise this is YOUR KIT.
Full of chops, breaks, BEEFY KICKS, 808′s, trap kicks, you name it. This kit is like buying a family pack at KFC, an all in one bundle, and nothing but protein to beef up your beats. (Minus the fast food analogy, these sounds aren’t cheap!).
Beat Butcha’s Bundle features
- Four of Beat Butcha’s Kits Bangin’ Drum Kits (Over 1850+ SOUNDS!!!)
- Amazing versatility and change up in the sounds — Boom Bap, Breaks/Chops, Clean Drum Hits, Hard-Bodied Snares!
- Jam-Packed with Goodies (Full of cool riffs, tons of snares, thick-bottomed kicks, SFX, shakers, unique sounds etc).
- Full of Breaks for those who like to chop up drum loops! (Tons of one-hit sounds included as well).
The sample bundle is available from Sound Pack Flyer for $60 USD. The Horse Beef Drum Kit is also sold separately for $20 USD.
More information: Sound Pack Flyer / Beat Butcha’s Bundle