Rabbit Ears Audio has released Animal Bells, a sound fx sample library.
REA_008 is a collection of sounds meant to be grazed on, but be careful you might alert others you are near! This library features 16 Animal Bells made out of variety of materials. The materials include, brass, bronze, common metals, wood, animal horns, and even some gourds. So just imagine: ding, clank, ring, twack, rattle, clunk, click, and who doesn’t love gourds?
This library is also a collaboration with Toronto based sound editor, John Loranger. John got in touch when he had a need for some animal bells and heard about a unique private collection in the states. After we both saw the collection, we knew it was worthy of a thorough session.
Animal Bells is available to purchase in two editions:
- Animal Bells Hi-Res+ $70 USD: 24 Bit 192 kHz / 16 Bells, 1000+ sounds / 4.38 GB download, 7.92 GB unrar’d.
- Animal Bells Hi-Res $50 USD: 24 Bit 96 kHz / 16 Bells, 1000+ sounds / 1.95 GB download, 3.83 GB unrar’d.
More information: Rabbit Ears Audio / Animal Bells
AfroDJMac has released Broken Bells Rack, the 10th instrument in a series of free Ableton Live packs.
This week’s download is created from samples of two different xylophones. One, I bought at a music store for about a hundred bucks and another belongs to my friend DF, who plays in an excellent noise rock band from Brooklyn called Imaginary Weapons (check them out, it’s very melodic, noisy, contemplative guitar rock woven together with some beautiful synth parts).
The synth you are getting this week is actually four instruments in one. The first two are the xylophones layered together. These can be mixed together to your preference. Next, while thinking about the nostalgia I get from the xylophone, and how our memories are often distortions of what really happened, I decided to reverse the samples and layer those over the original sounds. So, when you hit the notes, a traditional xylophone sounds, but then a reversed xylophone creeps back in with an echo of those same notes. You can play the instrument with just the normal xylophones, just the reversed ones, or a blend of both. The reversed xylophones are being moved around the stereo spectrum via LFOs, which adds the the cerebral effect I am going for with this instrument.
The Broken Bells Rack for Ableton* is available as a free download from AfroDJMac.
More information: AfroDJMac
*This pack comes with the original samples so you can import them into a sampler/instrument/DAW of your choice as well.
Rabbit Ears Audio has released REA006 Bells, a sample library featuring bell sounds.
Bronze, brass, chrome, gold, stainless steel, and steel are just some of the materials that forged this library. We spent a day at one of the few remaining bell foundries in the United States and we rang bells until our ears nearly fell off. We hit them with mallets, clappers, and shook them with our bare hands. We also spent time on an old barge and percussion rental facility for rare and unusual bells.
Each bell was recorded from multiple perspectives . . . if you need a heavy attack or just a warm roomy bell toll . . . we’ve got it.
The Bells sound library is available to purchase in two editions:
- Bells Hi Res+ ($70) – 24 Bit 192 kHz, 440 sounds, 2.2 GB download, 4.76 GB unrar’d.
- Bells Hi Res ($50) – 24 Bit 96 kHz, 440 sounds, 982.3 MB download, 2.36 GB unrar’d.
More information: Rabbit Ears Audio
Les Productions Zvon has released Bonus Pack 01, a sample library that comes free with the purchase of any Les Productions Zvon product.
The Bonus Packs are sample sets that are given for free with purchases of my regular sample sets. They contain some odd sounds, all original samples released as bonuses because either they’re too small to release as a regular sample set or due to lack of time to fully develop them.
Bonus Pack 01 features
- Black Swan bell: A small handbell recorded and processed through a Nintendo DSi, guaranteed LoFi! 44 samples (7.85 MB).
- Cheap Bells: Two handbells bought at a dollar store for the Holidays. Contrary to the Black Swan bell, it’s the bells that are cheap not the recordings. Includes single hits and hand ringings. Only the 4 samples with stretch in their name are processed. 25 samples (6.67 MB).
- Honks: Samples made with 2 different vehicle horns, 17 honks with or without the sound of the air pump release and 3 “air” samples. The air pump release can easily be trimmed if you don’t want it, as I did with Honk 14 that has the 2 versions. These samples were a popular giveaway for the New Year 2011 but now also contain some K3 mappings and processing including random pitch variations and 4 melodic Honks. 21 samples (1.15 MB).
- Spindle Chair: Collection of samples made by hitting the spindles of a wooden chair with a drum stick. Was recorded simultaneously in stereo and mono with 2 different recorders. Thus both sets of samples sound different. There are 19 patterns and 16 single hits, the hits are NOT extracted from the patterns. K3 mapping of the single hits has the Harp Glissando script in the performance view. The patterns are not mapped. 73 samples (5.59 MB).
The Bonus Pack 01 is available in wave, sfz and Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 or better formats. A free demo can be found on the Les Productions Zvon website.
More information: Les Productions Zvon / Bonus Pack 01
Ableton has announced the release of three new Partner Instruments, a growing collection of diverse and essential sounds designed specifically for Live by our partners.
New Ableton Partner Instruments
- Novachord by Soniccouture, a collection of presets that is based on the faithfully sampled sounds of the Novachord – a gargantuan, tube-based, 72-note polyphonic synthesizer from 1938.
- MachineKits by Puremagnetik, the Ableton partner behind Drum Machines introduces a high quality library of drum machines programmed specifically for Ableton Live.
- Tubular Bells by SonArte, a collection of tubular bell presets meticulously sampled from a vintage instrument and transformed into ambient, rhythmic and synthetic sounds.
The new Ableton Partner Instruments are available to purchase at a $10 USD / 10 EUR discount through December 19, 2010. Puremagnetik MachineKits is now $29 USD, SonArte Tubular Bells is $49 USD, and Soniccouture Novachord $69 USD.
More information: Ableton / Partner Instruments
Bolder Sounds has released Handbells V2, a handbells sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Version 2 of this unique 2.4 gigabyte sample library has doubled in size since version 1 was released in November of 2009.
Three more octaves of Handbells as well as 2 new articulations (Mart and Mart-Lift) have been added. On the low end, C2 and G2 bells as well as the octave above that (C3 – B3). On the high end we have added bells C7 – C8. And to round it off, a very flexible user interface with KSP scripting has been created by Bo Clausen.
Handbells V2 for Kontakt 3 or higher is available to purchase for the introductory price of $119 USD through January 1, 2011. Current owners of the Handbell V1 library can upgrade to V2 for $40 USD, also until January 1, 2011.
More information: Bolder Sounds / Handbells V2
Sonokinetic has released Carillon, a free sampled instrument for Kontakt.
Sonokinetic sampled two original 17th century carillons. Two, one octave bell systems in two velocity layers. Since you can only play hard and soft on these instruments we’re bound to only these two dynamic spectrums.
But we feel this instrument has a very original and authentic sound. Since all these instruments are tuned in an old tuning system we had to tweak the sample a little to make ‘m fit better in our modern contemperd tuning system. The big Carillon was originally build in Antwerp in 1635. The small Carillon was build in 1724 in Amsterdam. Both bell systems have been placed in the main church towers of these cities. After WWII these carillons have been moved to a museum. Which gave us the best acoustic environment to record these unique sounds for you.
Sonokinetic Carillon features
- Two kontakt 4.1 patches: Carillon big & Carillon small.
- 70 wave files. 48kHz / 24 bit.
- 207MB content.
- Includes license agreement, dvd cover, demo and production photos.
The Sonokinetic Carillon is available as a free download
More information: Sonokinetic / Carillon