Benedict Roff-Marsh has announced its SynthStudio Packs and PreRoll Recorder are now available as freeware.
The time has finally come. I have had a great run with SSP but the time has come for it to cease being payware and to go free. For the next wile I will still hold SSP & PRR on my site and they can be downloaded free – with the hope some will buy some of my music or show their appreciation in some other way.
I really want to thank all the people who have supported the SSP not only in purchasing and using but in promotions and generally adding to the Pack. I value each and every one of you and it is with some tugging of the heartstrings that I make this move.
Please enjoy (or continue to enjoy) SSP I + II + II + IV + PRR
The SynthStudio Packs include various VST instrument and effect plug-ins for Windows PC.
More information: Benedict Roff-Marsh
Related: Benedict Roff-Marsh
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
, sample player
Posted in news
on Dec 07, 2009 - 0 comments
Benedict Roff-Marsh has released SynthStudio Pack IV – Wide Boys & Heroes, a collection of instrument and effects for Windows.
The theme for this pack was to build instruments and effects that are really organic in character. I developed under the Dirty Analog tag as I wanted each and every oscillator to be wonderfully grimy and unpredictable.
Wide Boys refers to the lively and wide sound these instruments and effects deliver. Heroes because I always have my eyes on standout instruments of the past from manufacturers like Oberheim, Waldorf, Hammond, Farfisa and EMU.
Of course the tagline is also a (slightly warped) reference to the lead song from Gary Numan’s “I Assassin” album
SynthStudio Pack IV – Wide Boys & Heroes features
- DA-80 – 4 Osc Dirty Analog with Mod Matrix
- wavElektrik – 4 Osc retro sample player
- GO-5p-l – Combo style Organ with Rotary Speaker
- DA-01 – Mono/Duophonic Dirty Analog synth
- SC-02 – Dual Stereo Chorus with a wide shiny sound
- LP-04 – Light Phaser with 1-4 Bands
- EL-2 – Crossfadable Dual Echo lines with modulation (for Berlin School)
- RS-2 – Rotary Speaker with 2 speaker arms (like a real Leslie)
- 3q-1a – 3 Band EQ
- IR-110 – Instrument Reverb/Echo
SynthStudio Pack IV is available to purchase for $10 USD.
More information: Benedict Roff-Marsh / SynthStudio Pack IV
Benedict Roff-Marsh has announced the release of electro 3-57, a ReFill for Reason 4 featuring sounds from the late 1970′s to the early 1990′s.
Many of these sounds are from real pieces – including all the sounds from my Cassini Album.
electro 3-57 features
- 357 sounds in categories: Arpeggios & patterns, basses, drums & percussion, effects, leads, organs & poly, pads, piano & clav, sound fx & bells, strings & brass.
- Patches are also arranged by unit: Combinator, Thor, Subractor, NN-XT & Maelstrom.
- Featuring the types of sounds found on recordings using:
- late 70′s – Moog, ARP, Roland analog synths.
- early to mid 80′s – Roland, Korg, Oberheim, Sequential Circuits digital analog synths.
- mid to late 80′s – Casio, Yamaha, PPG, Waldorf digital synths.
- early 90′s – Roland, Korg sample player synths.
- Included are Starter Pieces loosely in styles common to the time period covered.
The electro 3-57 ReFill is available for purchase for $19.95 AUD. A demo is available for download.
More information: Benedict Roff-Marsh
Benedict Roff-Marsh has released CSM-02, a new synth which is part of the SynthStudio Pack III – Virgo Constellation.
CSM-02 is based around a soundfont built by Dangerous Bear (DBU) and is great for creating textures, pads and some classic Moog style sounds.
- Soundfont Oscillator and LFO.
- Resonant Analog Sounding Filter.
- Dual-Pole Env ADSR.
A demo mp3 can be heard here. CSM-02 is free for existing SSP III owners. SSP III is available for $10 AUD.
Visit Benedict Roff-Marsh for more information.
Benedict Roff-Marsh has released SynthStudio Pack III – Virgo Constellation, the 3rd installment in the successful SynthStudio Pack range of VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
SSP III focuses on greater attention to detail in the sound creation process with synths that exude quality and finesse in their sounds. For those of you who have followed the SSP marque these are the classiest instruments and effects yet.
SynthStudio Pack III Features
- Virgo 12: 3-Osc SF2 synth with a special pre-Filter Wave Driver, Chorus & Delay and a 16-Step Sequencer. Virgo 12 comes with SoundFonts and sounds by Pro-Sounds.
- Tallis: 2-Osc SF2 synth with 2 SF2 LFOs, a configurable Dual Multi-Mode Filter, 3 Envelopes, 8-Step Seq and Matrix.
- Constellation V: String machine machine with 2 very versatile oscillators and an unusual Filter.
- WaveScore: 4 WAV player synths in parallel with 5 LFOs and delay for each synth makes WaveScore perfect for thick sounds and effects.
- Virgo 4: 4-voice Chorus unit for really fat and wide sounds.
- SD-82: Special Driver unit which can vary from subtle warmth for strings and pads to ghastly digital noise as well as Filter effects.
SynthStudio Pack III – Virgo Constellation is available for $10 AUD.
Visit Benedict Roff-Marsh for more information and demo mp3s.
Benedict Roff-Marsh has released SampleoTron, a VST plugin designed to bring some of the feel of the much loved Mellotron and Moog into the world of sample based synthesis.
- Sample Oscillators
- Drift A & B to add depth
- 12/24db Lo/Hi/Band Pass & Reject Filter
- Assignable LFO
- Boost/Cut EQ
SampleoTron is part of SynthStudio Pack I, a collection of Instruments, effects & utilities designed to be the kind of musician’s instruments that you would have found in a studio in the 70′s or 80′s.
The SynthStudio Pack I costs $7.50 AUD (about $6.50 USD/4.60 Euro) , and currently includes 11 plugins.
Visit Benedict Roff-Marsh‘s website for more information and audio demos.
Benedict Roff-Marsh has released a Christmas freebie: Meter Bridge VST, a simple unit that emulates the rows of meters found on high end studio desks.
Meter Bridge has 6 stereo channels or 12 mono if your host allows you to access the pairs separately. Of course if you launch Meter Bridge several times then you get more channels.
- -30db/-9db switch
- Pretty lights!
Meter Bridge will only be avaible through December 2006, so get it from Benedict Roff-Marsh‘s website while you can.