Best Service has announced the release of Cantus – Gregorian Chants, a new sample library by Eduardo Tarilonte.
Cantus brings you a real Gregorian Monk Ensemble featuring the sounds of the dark Middle Ages. A perfect tool for composers and sound designers to create ambiences and music for films, documentaries, video games and new age music.
Cantus is a unique choir library aimed at easily creating your own ultra-realistic liturgical melodies, without using any phrases. Cantus offers a powerful and innovative word builder which combines 24 words (120 elements including words and their syllables) with 5 true legato vowels (a, e, i, o, u) and a special Mmmh articulation, all at your finger tips in one patch.
- 5 different true Gregorian style legatos (a, e, i, o, u).
- Mmmh articulation.
- A powerful word builder with 24 words, 3 different articulations (staccato, fast and slow speeds).
- Words can be splitted to offer a total of 120 words/syllables.
- Words can be combined with true legato playing while the corresponding vowel is automatically selected.
- A collection of 20 Gregorian chants splitted into 400 phrases.
- 60 minutes of music.
- 19 soundscapes, created from vocal samples.
Cantus for Kontakt/Kontakt Player is available to purchase for 199 EUR.
More information: Best Service / Cantus – Gregorian Chants
Best Service has announced the launch of its redesigned website.
We have been working hard the past several months to drastically improve the look and feel and the overall user experience.
Grown over years and showing the signs of the times, our old website desperately needed a refresh. We took our job serious to bring a website that is fun to browse and informative at the same time.
The new graphical design with its friendly colors and logical structure invites to take a stroll through our product categories. Our product descriptions have been extensively overworked to bring all the necessary information on one clearly structured page.
And this is only the beginning. We have many more ideas to further improve the stay at Best Service. Stay tuned!
More information: Best Service
Best Service has announced Chris Hein Chromatic Harmonica, a virtual chromatic harmonica instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Play harmonica like Stevie Wonder or Toots Thielemann – but on your MIDI-keyboard.
With almost 7.000 samples, 14 articulations, up to 8 dynamic-layers and a full range of 4 octaves, CH-Harmonica is definitely the most detailed sampled Chromatic Harmonica on the planet.
The user interface holds tons of features on several pages to shape the sound the way you want it. However, if you don‘t feel like editing, just play and explore the 26 pre-programmed Key-Switch presets ranging from A-1 to A#1 on the lower keys of your MIDI-keyboard.
To achieve the feeling of a live performance, the user interface offers four “Dynamic Modes”, „Key-Vibrato“, „Hot-Keys“ and a revolutionary new concept of articulation presets .
One of the most unique features in CH-Harmonica are the Phase-Aligned samples. After six months of research, Chris Hein found a solution to phase-synchronize the samples. This enables an absolutely perfect blending between six dynamic layers.
During the development of CH-Harmonica most attention was spent on how to work with dynamic expression.
The library is available to purchase for 129 EUR / $149 USD.
More information: Best Service / Chris Hein Chromatic Harmonica
Best Service has announced version 2.2 of its Engine sample player platform that powers Best Service’s virtual instruments.
We have been working hard to steadily improve Engine and are now ready to share our latest version with you.
Engine 2.2 has been greatly optimized on both platforms, Mac OS and Windows. You will experience massive improvements in terms of performance when using complex instruments.
Give Engine 2.2 a try and let us know what you think.
Changes in Engine v22.214.171.124.
- Improved audio engine performance.
- Improved sound of modulation effects (Chorus, Flanger etc. ).
- New Vandal Insert FX. Distortion, Guitar Amp, Cabinet Simulation.
- Windows ASIO fix for some soundcards.
- MAGIX ASIO LOLA support.
- Improved Impulse Response Engine.
- Switched to VSTGUI 3.6 on Windows, better performance and mouse behaviour.
- Increased custom controls to 128.
- New and improved Choose Folder Dialog (Windows).
- Ability to add more than one library at a time.
- Fixed AU crashes under some hosts.
- Fixed denormal problems with some Insert FX.
- Improved Core Audio Support.
- Additional bug fixes.
The Engine update is now available to download for Windows and Mac.
More information: Best Service
Best Service has announced the release of Shevannai – The Voice Of Elves, a vocal sound library by Eduardo Tarilonte.
A perfect tool for composers and sound designers to create ambience and music for films, documentaries, video games and new age music. Unparalleled realism… Pure inspiration.
Shevannai is a unique solo vocal library aimed at easily creating your own ultra-realistic melodies, without using any phrases. Thanks to over 4000 carefully recorded and wisely programmed samples by Eduardo Tarilonte, handling the 5 true legato types and 33 words, is intuitively easy.
- 5 different true legatos (a, e, i, o, u).
- 33 words.
- 27 staccatos (16 short and 11 long).
- 113 phrases in different keys (A, Bb, C, D, E, Eb, F and G).
- 52 phrases in Elven Language reciting some Elven poems.
- 57 whispered phrases in Elven Language reciting some Elven poems.
- 110 different whispers. Divided in long and short whispers.
- 20 beautiful and inspiring soundscapes.
- Total of 4,409 unique samples (mono, 44kHz/24-bit) 3.60 GB content.
The sound library is available to purchase for MSRP 149 EUR / £119 GBP / $169 USD.
More information: Best Service / Shevannai – The Voice Of Elves
Best Service has announced Foley Stage – Complete, a sound library for film-, game- and music production.
Foley Stage is the first Sound Library to be recorded on the Asian continent. Ambience recordings from Asian cities and villages, Ambiences from real life situations, Asian ceremonies, weapon- und battle sounds, firework sounds, electronically sounds from synthesizers, sci-fi and monster sounds and the absolutely essential and globally usable basics from a sound archive.
With its 5.000 files, 40.000 different takes and a total of 129 GB sample material, Foley Stage gives you not only everything you need for your game-, film- or documentary production but also offers an extensive journey through the acoustic world of Asia.
Foley Stage features
- 129 GB content organized in 14 groups: Ambience, Electronic Products, Fireworks, Foley Actions, Foley Cold Weapon, Footsteps, Creatures, Life Properties, Materials, Synthesizer, Tools, Toys, India, Waters.
- 24-bit/96 kHz, files are logically labeled.
- Includes files with different takes and variations, as well as very long files perfectly suitable for atmospheres or soundscapes.
- All Foley Stage files contain metadata for a perfect integration into Soundminer.
- The boxed version includes a 2,5″ USB drive for Mac & PC.
Foley Stage Complete is available to purchase as a boxed version (on hard drive) or as download, priced at MSRP 895 EUR / £749 GBP / $995 USD.
More information: Best Service / Foley Stage Complete
Best Service has introduced 4 limited time bundle offers.
For a limited period, Best Service offers 4 different bundles, each containing 5 of their most popular virtual instrument libraries at extremely favorable prices.
Best Service Bundles
- Cinematic Pack (499 EUR)
- Era Medieval Legends
- Epic World
- Convolution Space
- Cinematic Instruments (1)
- Ethno Pack (399 EUR)
- Instruments from Ethno World 5
- Voices and Choirs from Ethnow World 5
- Desert Winds
- Gu Zheng
- Session Pack 499 EUR
- Chris Hein Horns Compact
- Chris Hein Guitars
- Chris Hein Basses
- 2 Galaxy II Pianos, Vienna Grand and Blüthner
- Drums Overkill
- Synth Pack 399 EUR
- Galaxy X
- Gladiator II extended
- Synth Werk
- Titan 200 Synthesizers in one
- K-Size Engine Edition
The packs are available to download or as boxed products from Best Service and its dealers.
More information: Best Service
Best Service has announced that it is now distributing Liquid Notes, the first software assistant for composers, produced by the Vienna company Re-Compose.
Without difficulty, Liquid Notes, the music production tool that assists you with chords, scales, and harmonic movement makes the theory of harmony accessible, pretty much without restriction.
Just import a MIDI file into Liquid Notes and hit play. Liquid Notes routes the MIDI data back to your sequencer, using all software instruments of your original arrangement. The software will not interfere with your style, handwriting, or emotional message. It simply lets you try out new ideas for your compositions within the vast framework of chords and scales. Liquid Notes delivers suggestions, the final outcome is completely up to you.
Re-Compose Liquid Notes is now distributed worldwide by Best Service.
Liquid Notes features
- Multi-track control over chord types, functions, and tensions.
- Intelligent harmony progression management.
- LN Live corrects wrong notes as you are playing them.
- Growing selection of music templates in various styles.
- Plays through the software instruments of your preferred sequencer.
- Built-in synthesizers for sequencer-independent operation.
- Standalone application (stay independent from operating system and sequencer type): No VST, AU or RTAS required *.
- Works on Windows and Mac OS X.
- Connects to any sequencer (Cubase, Logic, Live **, Pro Tools, Sonar, etc.).
- Supports live performance.
Liquid Notes is available from Best Service for MSRP 159 EUR/£139 GBP/$175 USD.
More information: Best Service / Liquid Notes