Soundness has launched SoundSoap 3, the noise reduction software previously sold by BIAS.
SoundSoap 3 solves audio noise problems like unwanted hiss and background noises, clicks, pops, crackles, electrical hum, and rumble. SoundSoap is used by hundreds of thousands of consumers and professionals worldwide to create stunning audio for their video and audio projects.
This new version of the venerable SoundSoap software adds new features, a new user interface, and 64-bit compatibility.
Changes in SoundSoap 3
- Compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts.
- New user interface, including an improved high-resolution Wash Window.
- Improved Learn Noise feature that allows learning from any length portion of the media, for as long as the Learn Noise button is pressed. Earlier versions of SoundSoap required 2-3 seconds of isolated material to use the Learn Noise feature.
- The standalone SoundSoap 3 application now features audio recording.
- After media files have been cleaned with SoundSoap, they can now be shared with one click directly to Facebook, Email, Messaging, AirDrop, and more.
SoundSoap 3 for Mac (Standalone/AU/VST) is available to purchase for $149 USD. Previous owners of BIAS SoundSoap can upgrade to SoundSoap 3 for $49 USD.
More information: Soundness
Steinberg has announced a bargain deal on a time-limited 50% off crossgrade offer for BIAS Peak customers to switch to the acclaimed WaveLab 7 audio editing and mastering suite.
BIAS Peak customers can get WaveLab 7 or WaveLab Elements 7 at a 50% discount.
“We deeply regret that such an acclaimed software product like Peak has ceased to be,” said Frank Simmerlein, director of marketing at Steinberg. “We feel that many Mac users currently running Peak might find a new home with WaveLab, hence our crossgrade offer at an exceptional price.”
WaveLab belongs to the very first mastering applications available and is today’s industry-standard for mastering, audio editing and restoration. Employed as the number one audio editing and mastering application in music studios, mastering facilities and broadcast stations, WaveLab perfectly meets the demands of both professional engineers and home musicians with its impressive set of features.
The crossgrade offer is available until October 31st, 2012. Eligible for this offer are users of BIAS Peak Studio XT 7, BIAS Peak Pro XT 6, BIAS Peak Studio 7, BIAS Peak Pro 6, BIAS Peak Studio LE 7 and BIAS Peak LE 6.
Crossgrades to WaveLab 7 are 299 EUR, crossgrades to WaveLab Elements 7 are 49.99 EUR. Prices including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / WaveLab Crossgrade
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Dec 21, 2011
Time+Space has announced the Phonorama by ESI, a USB audio interface for recording analog audio to digital formats.
If you’re looking to transfer your old tapes and records to mp3 or wav files quickly and with a high quality result, the ESI Phonorama is the perfect solution.
The USB interface features an adjustable phono preamp and comes bundled with the powerful and convenient BIAS SoundSaver audio restoration solution for Mac and PC.
The PHONORAMA USB audio interface features a phono preamp that can be matched to MM (moving magnet) and MC (moving coil) systems with its RCA inputs. It also features a convenient ground connection screw. For transfers of signals from tape and other sources, the phono preamp can be turned off for line signals. There is also a stereo line and headphone output.
Bundled with PHONORAMA is SoundSaver, the easy all-in-one analog media archiving solution from BIAS. It allows capturing of your favourite records and tapes, either manually or with the automatic record timer. Then remove unwanted noise, tape/needle hiss as well as click and crackles, before exporting separate tracks as mp3, to your iTunes library or as WAV files for CD recording.
The ESI Phonorama is avaialble to purchase for RRP £76.95 GBP / 89 EUR.
More information: Time+Space
audioMIDI.com has launched a No-Brainer offer for PitchCraft, the pitch correction effect from BIAS.
PitchCraft corrects pitch problems in vocal or instrumental recordings, using its high-quality algorithm, while formant correction retains a voice’s natural sound.
BIAS PitchCraft features
- Reference Source Menu- Choose whether the reference source being fed into PitchCraft is a single (left or right) channel of a stereo file, or both channels simultaneously.
- Pitch Range Menu- Select the desired pitch range to use in the pitch correction/transposition process.
- A/B/C/D “Snapshots”- Use up to four temporary memory “snapshots” for quickly comparing different settings.
- Tuning History Graph- Visually monitor the pitch correction & transposition process over time. The Tuning History graph shows the input and output pitch, displayed either in notes or frequency.
- Pitch Transposition Slider- Allows raising or lowering the pitch value in cents, while maintaining the original formant structure (i.e., the “timbre” or “tonal color” of the voice.
- Formant Transposition Slider- Adjust the formant value, or “cavity size” of the source to help to maintain natural sounding pitch change effects. This control can also be used to transform a vocal from one gender or age to the next, or create other special effects.
- Pitch Correction Tuning Menu- Choose the desired type of tuning to be used in the pitch correction process.
- Pitch Correction Scale Menu- Set the desired scale to be used in the pitch correction process. Select from common scale types to more exotic ones or create and save your own custom scales.
- Pitch Correction Key Menu- Choose the root note of the scale selected in the Scale pop-up menu.
- Pitch Correction Time Slider- Adjust the speed at which pitch correction is applied — for small corrections, generally a slower correction time works best while a faster time may be used for more exaggerated pitch correction effects such as those used by many popular artists.
- Pitch Correction Detune Slider- Allows setting the reference frequency used for tuning (i.e., from 440 Hz to 445 Hz.
- Pitch Correction Custom Scale Controls- Define custom scales using the keyboard, a MIDI keyboard, and the Ignore Note checkboxes.
- Tuning Meter- Displays the current amount of tuning in real-time.
PitchCraft is available to purchase from audioMIDI.com for $20 USD.
More information: audioMIDI.com
BIAS has announced Peak Studio, a new edition of the audio editing, mastering, and delivery software for Mac OS X.
Peak Studio will include Peak Pro 7 along with a complementary suite of powerful tools for multi-channel mixing, mastering, restoration, streamlined analog archiving, and more.
“Peak Studio represents a major development for BIAS”, said Jason E. Davies, VP of Business Development for BIAS, Inc. “The combination of precision sample editing, intuitive multi-channel mixing, and a broad palette of mastering and restoration tools, makes Peak Studio a compelling audio production suite for Mac OS X.”
Peak Studio features
- Advanced Mastering, Restoration, and More: Peak Pro 7 includes a new de-clipping tool for repairing audio files. “Clipped” recordings are corrected using advanced re-synthesis and spectral repair DSP algorithms from BIAS that produce jaw-dropping results. Peak Pro 7 also integrates editions of the highly acclaimed SoundSoap Pro 2 and Master Perfection Suite plug-ins, plus a new wide-band peak limiter. The additional signal processing tools make Peak Pro 7 the most comprehensive audio editing and processing application for Mac OS X in its class. Other enhancements include support for MP3 VBR (Variable Bit Rate) and compressed WAVE files, Japanese CD-TEXT, Pro Tools playback keyboard short cuts, and other improvements. Unlike previous editions, Peak Pro 7 includes DDP (Disc Description Protocol) Export — providing support for this popular pre-master delivery format at no additional charge.
- Multi-Channel Audio Production: Peak Studio provides a new state-of-the-art audio production environment from BIAS — offering intuitive multi-track audio recording, multi-channel editing, mono/stereo/surround mixing, onboard signal processing, cross-fades featuring Bezier curves, independent volume envelopes, integration with Peak, and more. Whether used for streamlined multi-channel editing, multi-track recording, compositing, or surround mixing, Peak Studio users will certainly appreciate the intuitive control and ergonomics in this new and powerful audio production tool.
- LP & Tape Archiving: Peak Studio also includes a new application from BIAS called SoundSaver — a powerful utility optimized for the analog archiving workflow. Whether transferring from analog tapes or vinyl LPs, SoundSaver streamlines the process and produces professional results.
- Other Peak Studio Editions: Peak Studio XT (Extended Technology) adds editions of SoundSoap 2, SoundSoap Pro 2, and Master Perfection Suite for compatibility with most host applications that support the popular AU, VST, and RTAS/AS plug-in formats.
Peak Pro 7 and Peak Pro XT 7 will be available in Q4 2010 at a US Suggested Retail Price of $599 USD and $1199 USD respectively. The Peak Studio multi-channel production environment will be released in Q2 of 2011.
All customers purchasing new retail editions of Peak Pro 6 from November 1st 2010 may receive a free upgrade to Peak Pro Studio when available.
More information: BIAS