KV331 Audio has launched Techno Bits 01, a soundset by BigTone for the SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player software synthesizers.
The bank consists of 50 presets designed by BigTone, which are mainly targeted for the techno genre.
None of the presets use samples, they are purely synthesized using SynthMaster’s factory content.
All presets have detailed descriptions and performance oriented modulations by mod wheel, pitch wheel, aftertouch and velocity.
The soundset is available for purchase from KV311 Audio for $15 USD.
More information: SynthMaster
KV331 Audio has announced the release of BigTone Signature Sounds Volume 1, a new preset expansion bank for the SynthMaster software synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
This new preset bank, created by BigTone, features the classic BigTone signature sounds, mostly in Bass, Sequence and Pad categories.
BigTone Signature Sounds Vol 1 features
- 50 presets, in the following categories:
- 3 Arp.
- 9 Bass.
- 8 Bass/Sequence.
- 8 FX.
- 1 Flute.
- 1 Keys.
- 10 Pad.
- 1 Drum/Percussion.
- 5 Sequence.
- 2 Vocal/Pad.
The soundset is available to purchase for $12 USD during KV331 Audio’s 20% OFF Spring Sale until April 30th, 2013.
More information: KV331 Audio / BigTone Signature Sounds Vol 1
Related: Bastiaan van Noord
, Bryan Lee
, Ed Ten Eyck
, Jeff Rhodes
, Marco Scherer
, Massimo Bosco
, patches and sound banks
, Rob Fabrie
Posted in news
on Nov 01, 2012 - 0 comments
Tone2 has announced the release of Dark Toxic, a soundset for the Saurus virtual analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
In a world filled with sounds it is sometimes hard to find something new, something from the depths of darkness that rips through the norm and sets your track apart.
Dark Toxic is that something! Using Saurus’ powerful oscillators, squelchy filters and a wealth of modulation options, our sound designers set out to create the dirtiest of the dirty.
140 original sounds programmed from scratch to showcase the dark side of Saurus, with a clear focus on the harder edged sounds for genres such as Drum and Bass, Complextro, Dubstep, Grindcore and Electronica. Dark Toxic covers the entire dirt range, from cone trashing basses to club smashing leads and pads, all to bring you the best in raw dark synth power.
The Dark Toxic features
- Hand-picked selection of 140 presets created by a large number of professional sound designers: Ed Ten Eyck, Aiyn Zahev, George Zondagh, Massimo Bosco, Jamie Docwra, Marco Scherer, Bigtone, Rob Fabrie, Reinhard Reschner, Jeff Rhodes, Bryan Lee, SupremeJa, The Unshushable Coktor, Grzegorz Bartoszek, Sean Charles and Bastiaan van Noord (Tone2).
- Supports modwheel, velocity and aftertouch.
- Volume of all sounds has been carefully normalized.
The soundset is available to purchase for $39 USD / 29 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Tone2 Audiosoftware / Dark Toxic
, Camel Audio
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 06, 2012 - 0 comments
Camel Audio has announced the release of Alchemy Mobile version 1.1.35, an update to their free iOS app that turns your iPhone/iPad into a powerful synthesizer.
The Performance screen in Camel Audio’s Alchemy Mobile software synthesizer for iOS.
This update adds keyboard scales, an easy to use slide out keyboard menu, a larger menu for the iPad version and various bug fixes.
Additional new features will integrate with the upcoming Alchemy v1.5 for Mac/PC including polyphonic pitch bend for expressive, unique control of the desktop synth – especially when combined with polyphonic aftertouch – and improved Alchemy desktop preset import via single bundled file.
Camel Audio has also aanounced a 3-day 60% discount on three of their electronic Alchemy Mobile Sound Libraries. Dubstep, Dance & Trance and BigTone are available as in-app purchases for $1.99 USD / 1.59 EUR / £1.49 GBP (regular $4.99 USD / 3.99 EUR / £2.99 GBP).
Alchemy Mobile Free is available for iPhone/iPad from the iTunes app store. Alchemy Mobile Pro Upgrade is available as in-app purchase from the free version, priced at $14.99 USD / 11.99 EUR / £10.49 GBP.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy Mobile
KV331 Audio has released version 2.5 of SynthMaster, a semi-modular synthesizer and effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With version 2.5, SynthMaster becomes a cross-platform plug-in running on Windows (32/64 bits) and Mac OSX (32 bits) operating systems in VST and AU formats.
The latest version comes with 400 new factory presets, while introducing new filter types, improved filter algorithms with pre/inside/post distortion routings, stereo oscillators with improved unison, vector synthesis with 2D envelopes, sample playback (SFZ) synthesis, improved arpeggiator, improved modulation architecture, improved easy parameters, online preset browser, multiple skins, flexible effects routing, improved effects as well as 3 new effects: Phaser, Ensemble and Compressor.
Changes in SynthMaster v2.5
- Cross-platform VST & AU: SynthMaster 2.5 now runs as a VST instrument/effect on both Windows and Mac OSX, and as an Audio Unit instrument/effect on Mac OSX.
- 400 New Factory Presets: SynthMaster 2.5 comes with 400 new factory presets from a world class team of sound designers: BigTone, Ümit ‘Insigna’ Uy, Frank ‘Xenox’ Neumann, Teoman Pasinlioglu, Mr Shoufuku and Brian ‘Xenos’ Lee.
- Improved Filter Algorithms: The ‘analog’ filter models have been improved to better model the analog ladder filter. The ‘digital’ filters on the other hand have been rewritten from scratch for better VA sound.
- Before/After/Inside Filter Distortion: Custom distortion stage added into the filters so that signals can be distorted before, after or even inside the filter. With this flexibility, it is now possible to create screaming sounds using the filters in SynthMaster.
- ‘Multimode’ Filters: With the new ‘multimode’ filter type, it is now possible to switch from Lowpass to Bandpass to Highpass filter types continously using the ‘filter mode’ parameter. For analog multimode filters, it is even possible to change the slope of the filter continously from 0 db/oct to 24 db/oct using the ‘continous slope’ parameter.
- ‘Dual’ Filters: With the new ‘dual’ filter type, it is now possible to run two multimode filters simultaneously, either in parallel, or in series. The mix ratios between the filters, and the topology (parallel/series) between them can be changed continuosly, as well as the modes and cutoff frequencies of the filters.
- Vector Synthesis: A new ‘vector’ oscillator type has been added to add support for vector synthesis in SynthMaster.
- 2D Envelopes: A new envelope generator type called “XY envelope” is added, so that line segments between points in 2 dimensions can be used to generate 2 dimensional envelope signals. XY Envelopes can be used not only for modulating “vector” oscillator x/y indexes, but also for all other voice parameters within SynthMaster.
- Sample Playback (SFZ) Synthesis: A new “sample playback” oscillator type has been added so that SFZ files can be played back. It is also possible with version 2.5 to generate SFZ files by dragging and dropping multiple WAV/AIFF samples onto an oscillator waveform display.
- Stereo Oscillators with Improved Unison: Oscillators in SynthMaster 2.5 have now stereo output. With the new “voices”, “pan spread” and “detune spread” parameters, each basic/wavescanning oscillator can have its own unison settings which eliminates the need to enable unison for all voice elements.
- Improved Arpeggiator: The number of steps in the arpeggiator is increased to 32, while classic arpeggiator modes such as up, down, updown, downup and as played are added as well. Drag and drop of MIDI files onto the arpeggiator display is also possible now so that monophonic/polyphonic sequences can be imported into the arpeggiator.
- Improved Modulation Architecture: The modulation architecture has been vastly improved, so that now there are 3 modulation sources available for each modulation target. A modulation matrix with 64 slots is also added. The matrix has filtering as well so that targets for a specific source, or sources for a specific target can be filtered and shown on the user interface.
- Improved Easy Parameters: The easy parameters can now be globally linked to MIDI controllers, and they can be assigned automatically by SynthMaster.
- Online Preset Browser: Registered users can now upload their own presets to the online preset library, or browse and download presets created by other registered users; using the preset browser right inside the plug-in UI.
- Multiple Skins: SynthMaster 2.5 comes with 3 different skins in different color variations. Using the included user interface editor, users can not only customize the existing skins but also can create their own custom interfaces as well.
- Flexible Effects Routing: With version 2.5, there is no more the differentiation of layer/global effects. Each effect can be inserted on a layer or on one of the 2 global effect buses.
- Better Reverb: The reverb effect in SynthMaster 2.5 has been improved and now it is a high quality reverb with advanced parameters such as 2 band EQs for early/late reflections, early/late mix ratios, damping control, distance and room size.
- Better Delay: The delay effect in SynthMaster has been improved and now it contains a 2 band EQ and a custom distortion curve to filter and distort the delayed input signal.
- Better Distortion: The distortion effect in SynthMaster has been improved and now it contains 2 band EQs before/after the distortion stage and a custom distortion curve as well.
- New Effects: 3 new effecs are added to SynthMaster: 4/8/12/16 stage Phaser, 2-8 voice Ensemble, and Peak Compressor.
SynthMaster 2.5 is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD until October 15th, 2011 (regular $129 USD). Academic licensing is also available for students, teachers and academics for $59 USD.
Following the release of SynthMaster 2.5, KV331 Audio will start releasing preset expansions for different genres. The first expansion pack will be Rob Lee’s House/EDM expansions, scheduled for release by the end of November 2011.
More information: KV331 Audio
Hot on the heels of the recent updates for Zebra follows the release of three new patch libraries for the virtual modular synthesizer. One of them is Stratospheres, the sequel to the acclaimed Chronospheres soundset … read more
u-he has released Stratospheres by Bigtone Studios, a new soundset for the Zebra 2.5 virtual synthesizer. BIGTONE Studios proudly presents Stratospheres, their second soundset for Zebra² 2.5+. Once again BIGTONE returns to every aspect of … read more
LinPlug has announced a limited time promotion, offering special prices on three of its soundsets. We are drastically reducing the price of three of our soundsets during June 2011. LinPlug Soundset Sale Ian Boddy Alpha … read more
Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced the release of Voltage!, a soundset for the ElectraX virtual synthesizer for Windows and Mac. Voltage! is an inspiring collection of 200 presets ingeniously programmed by professional sound designers, suitable for … read more
BigTone Studios has released Chronospheres, a collection of 128 expressive patches for u-he Zebra 2.5. Several features and enhancements were added to Zebra² 2.5 at the request of BT to complete this bank of 128 … read more
reFX has released HandsUp-Electro Bass Vol.2 and Bigtone Signature 3, two new sound expansions for NEXUS2. New Nexus2 expansions HandsUp-Electro Bass Vol.2 More than 150 presets supply producers with everything they need in the dance/electro … read more
Camel Audio has announced the release of BigTone Alchemy, a new collection of patches for Alchemy by BigTone. BigTone is a collection of 150 immaculately programmed pads, playable arps and warm synth sounds for Alchemy, … read more
reFX has released version 2.0.5 of NEXUS2, a next generation ROM synthesizer for Windows and Mac. Changes in NEXUS2 v2.0.5 EQ frequencies were scaled wrongly, so some presets will sound different now. The way they … read more
LinPlug has released Albino Bigtone Ambient Excursion Set, a soundset for Rob Papen Albino. The second Bigtone Soundset is again both a great and a huge soundset, with 400 professional patches from Nico Herz of … read more
LinPlug has announced The Octupus, a Dual Matrix Synthesizer built in collaboration with Maxx Claster. Features Hybrid Frequency Modulation and Sampling synthesis 10 modulation sources and 8 modulation destinations 350 presets in a wide range … read more