ToneBoosters has released TB IsoneSurround, a 5.1 multi-channel surround sound loudspeaker setup including environment simulation.
TB IsoneSurround targets multimedia enthusiasts using headphones. It can be used on stereo content (simulating a virtual stereo loudspeaker setup) and 6-channel (5.1) multi-channel surround content (simulating a full surround experience). Besides binaural source simulation, the plugin also includes four different listening environments to optimally match the environment to the audio material.
TB IsoneSurround is the perfect extension for any multimedia player that supports VST plugins. Experience full surround-sound when watching movies using headphones.
TB IsoneSurround features
- Low-latency processing (511 samples).
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz.
- Mastering-grade integrated peak limiter to prevent clipping artefacts.
- Four different virtual environments (Movie theater, home cinema, audiophile, live concert).
- Customizable distance.
- Based on the VST 2.4 specification to allow compatibility with virtually all host programs.
ToneBooster has also released updates for its current plugins:
- VU meter GUI fixes (peak values not always visible).
- Performance improvements for intel-based Macs.
- [XY Tool] Resolved bug of incorrect storage of linking and angle parameters.
- [Ferox] Bug fix resulting in clicking artefacts for Cubase 6 on Mac.
IsoneSurround for Windows and Mac (VST) is available as freeware.
More information: ToneBoosters
Longcat has released version 1.1 of AudioStage, a 3D audio authoring software.
Ideal for movie and music postproduction, AudioStage can now be used in latest versions of Avid ProTools, Merging Pyramix, Steinberg Nuendo or Apple Logic Pro.
Changes in AudioStage v1.1
- Better compatibility: tested with Avid ProTools 9, Merging Pyramix 7, Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Nuendo 5 and Cubase 6.
- Better integration: supports projects up to 192 kHz and common drop and non-drop SMPTE timecode formats.
More information: Longcat / AudioStage
Longcat has released H3D, a 3D audio spatialization effect for Windows.
The H3D plugin allows you to 3D mix audio tracks from your digital audio software (Cubase, Nuendo, Live…) and to obtain incredible spatialization effects. Sounds then seem to come from every possible direction, using standard audio headphones.
- H3D_3dView3D object-audio mixing – use the 3D interface to place and easily animate sounds.
- Longcat Audio H3D technology – when listening on headphones, H3D allows panning sound in 3D all around the listener’s head.
- Unique HRTF processing – H3D uses Longcat own processed HRTF filters in order to achieve the best spatialization effects.
- H3D Presence – independently adjust H3D’s immersion effect using the Presence parameter.
- Automation – fully automate parameters and 3D animation of audio tracks.
- No tedious settings – Just insert H3D plugins and start moving sounds in 3D.
H3D for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 99 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Longcat / H3D
Longcat has released AudioStage, the first 3D audio authoring and mixing solution compatible with all major audio software.
AudioStage benefits from a full-3D user interface that shows a virtual sound scene and all its components: audio sources, listeners, rooms and trajectories.
The interface may be used with tactile screens or a mouse, and allows for a simple sound and space authoring.
The 3D scene allows to simultaneously obtain an infinity of mixes addressing a large number of formats. The editor and sound engineer may concentrate on the audio scene creation, without taking the final support into account, hence gaining productivity and creativity.
- Input tracks: mono or multichannel.
- Acoustic environment: complete with connected rooms, physical simulation of openings, walls, and reverb.
- Authoring: infinite number of scenes, tracks, and environments in one single project.
- Automation: full parameter automation and animation of audio objects.
- 3D object-based mixing: simultaneously mix in stereo, surround, or any full-3D format up to 64 channels.
- Spatialization: comprehensive techniques (including stereo, binaural, stereo3D, surround, Ambisonics, and VBAP) applied individually to audio sources in each mix.
- Commercial editions: AudioStage Stereo, Surround, and Unlimited.
- Free LITE edition available for your first 3D mixes.
AudioStage is available to purchase for Windows and Mac, starting at 990 EUR (introductory price for the Stereo edition). A free AudioStage LITE edition is available to download from the Longcat Audio website.
More information: Longcat / AudioStage
VRSonic has announced the release of VibeStudio LE, a lite edition of the acclaimed VibeStudio Designer 3D audio authoring suite.
Vibestudio LE provides many of the same features as VibeStudio Designer, but with a highly affordable price tag. Vibestudio LE provides the ability to compose and render spatial audio scenes to binaural headphones or 2.1, 4.1, or 5.1 loudspeaker display for use in post-production, live audio, exhibition, lecture, immersive theater, or virtual environment systems using path animation, room models, and audio files, ReWire channels, or live inputs from your sound card as audio sources.
Also new with this release is the addition of a library of sound effects provided by online sound effect library, SFXsource. In addition, each full license to VibeStudio LE comes with a 35% off coupon to SFXsource.
VibeStudio LE is available to purchase for $129 USD.
More information: VRSonic