Bitwig has announced it will present the forthcoming Bitwig Studio 1.2 update at NAMM 2015 from January 22nd – 25th (Booth 4901 in Hall C).
Following the announcement, Bitwig will offer a sneak preview detailing the all-new features scheduled for the next major update, free for all Bitwig Studio license holders. Additional surprises can be expected on the actual release date of Bitwig Studio 1.2
Highlight of Bitwig Studio 1.2
- Group Tracks — Consolidate and simplify your mix.
In our next major update you can dramatically improve the navigation of numerous tracks in every view of your project while consolidating the signal flow of multiple sources through a single Group Track. The feature introduces a new style of editing in the Arrange View called “Meta Clips.” Meta Clips allow easy editing of clips from multiple tracks in group track timelines. Group Tracks also expand upon Bitwig Studio’s Multi-out VST functionality, providing a convenient way to setup tracks for multi-timbral VST instruments, and useful functions to organize and consolidate your entire mix.
- Audition Browser — Browse, Audition, Insert, Swap
You created the part and now you need the proper sound, groove, or melody. To accelerate the browsing workflow, all devices in Bitwig Studio 1.2 feature an Audition icon. By clicking Audition, your entire catalog of sound becomes available. Browse, audition, swap and insert anything from presets and samples to full clips of sounds during playback. Whether or not in use, the Audition Browser can be hidden completely from view to save on precious screen real estate. Bitwig Studio’s advanced browsing eliminates the boundaries between devices to offer a meta view of all available sounds in one category. Searching for the right bass? It doesn’t matter if it’s a Polysynth preset or a sample, you now have the freedom to audition all your content in place, on the fly, to find sounds quickly and to get back to what is most important, making music.
- Factory Content Update — Demo songs, amazing presets, and all new sounds.
The launch of Bitwig Studio introduced us to artists and producers around the world making the most of the devices included with Bitwig Studio. Since then, our Sound Team has been hard at work creating new standards that provide a fluid experience when navigating from one preset to the next. These standards were presented to several new partners to develop an extraordinary new addition of content and workflow to the Bitwig Studio Factory Library, sure to inspire music makers and sound designers everywhere. We are proud to introduce three new demo songs, over 500 fully-functional presets, and optimization of every preset in our Library with the help of Detunized, Mode Audio, Sample Magic, and Overclock Inc. as part of the Bitwig Studio 1.2 update.
- Support for High-DPI and Retina Displays — Experience our next generation user interface in brilliant detail.
Bitwig Studio 1.2 is optimized for Macbook Retina and Windows High-DPI displays for a graphical user interface that is sharper than ever before.
Bitwig Studio 1.2 is a free update for all Bitwig Studio license holders. The Bitwig Studio 1.2 Beta will be available in February to select license holders.
More information: Bitwig
Posted in news
on Jan 16, 2015 - 0 comments
Bitwig has announced that it has extended its sale on Bitwig Studio, offering 20% off its music production software.
2014 was a banner year for Bitwig, and the sales straight up rocked for Bitwig Studio. To celebrate, we’re continuing our promotion sale beyond January 15th. For an extended time save big on all the breakthrough features of Bitwig Studio 1.1.
We’re on our way to NAMM next week to offer a sneak preview of what’s in store for our next mind-blowing free update, Bitwig Studio 1.2
So if you’re at NAMM 2015, be sure to visit us: January 22 – 25th, Booth 4901
If not, no worries, our newsletter has you covered.
Buy now to save big on Bitwig Studio, and stay tuned for details next week about more next level…
More information: Bitwig
Bitwig has released version 1.1.2 of its Bitwig Studio cross-platform music production software.
Record and arrange, improvise and perform, or do it all at once. Choose between several display profiles. Design your own sounds with dedicated container devices. Combine built-in instruments, effects, and VST plug-ins. Bitwig Studio’s unified mapping system allows you to modulate any device or VST parameter using macro controls and modulator devices.
Explore a new world of creative possibilities, including audio and note expressions, histogram-based value editing, layered editing, extensive bounce-in-place functions, automatic slicing, smart controller integration, and the Open Controller Scripting API.
Changes in Bitwig Studio v1.1.2
- New: We now send out SysEx messages to VST instruments for transpose note expressions if the plug-in claims to support canDo(“midiSingleNoteTuningChange”) and the other note expressions if the plug-in supports canDo(“midiKeyBasedInstrumentControl”).
- Improved: Controller API: add observer that reports if the device is nested inside another device.
- Fixed: Pre-roll settings wasn’t saved in the preferences.
- Fixed: PDC: Modulation routings from Audio MOD wasn’t correctly compensated in certain cases.
- Fixed: First drag of a micro-pitch expression does not snap to semi-tones.
- Fixed: Occassional crash when returning to arrangement or stopping a track via controller API.
- Fixed: Engine crash when dragging audio files on clip launcher preview slots on non-preview tracks.
- Fixed: Controller API: direct parameter observer does not report the latest value, it is always one step behind.
- Fixed: Rare crash when popup windows are closed on OSX.
- Fixed: Moving stretch markers in the detail editor does not snap correctly anymore.
- Fixed: VST plugins that have a file creation date at the beginning of Unix time are not being scanned (e.g. Sonalksis OSX).
- Fixed: Possible to create automation points on the arranger with negative arranger time for the very first point created by clicking in the margin before time 0.
- Fixed: Bipolar macro values are only loaded correctly when loading preset twice.
- Fixed: VSTs should never sleep if their GUI is open.
- Fixed: Engine crash when switching preset for VST running in bit-bridge mode.
- Fixed: Engine crash after changing buffer size after audio recording.
- Fixed: Timing bug in E-CLAPand the noise section of E-SNARE.
- Fixed: Moving a project file into a sub folder of the project folder would cause plugin states to be lost if the application was restarted and the file was opened.
- Fixed: Bounce in place turns instrument track into an audio track instead of a hybrid track.
- Fixed: “Insert Silence” doesn’t move Cue Markers.
- Fixed: VST Device knobs don’t wake up from sleep when being assigning modulations.
Bitwig Studio is available for purchase for $299 USD / 259 EUR until January 15th, 2015 (regular $399 USD / 299 EUR).
More information: Bitwig
, Plugin Boutique
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 03, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has announced that the Bitwig Studio music production software for Windows, Mac and Linux is now available at its online shop.
Bitwig Studio is now available at Plugin Boutique. When purchased, customers will also receive 4x free Loopmasters Pro Audio Sample Packs.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Bitwig Studio
Bitwig has updated its Bitwig Studio cross-platform music production software to version 1.1.1.
Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical ideas in every stage of production.
Changes in Bitwig Studio v1.1
- Improved: Dragging in a device does not always make it selected after the drop.
- Improved: Controller API: distinguish between mixer and editor selection in channel interface (added selectInMixer, addIsSelectedInMixerObserver).
- Improved: Controller API: add access to deactivated state to channel interface.
- Improved: Controller API: add access to open state of plugin windows.
- Fixed: Controller API: device layer selection does not work correctly.
- Fixed: Tempo field in audio event inspector does not get updated when undoing tempo edits.
- Fixed: Controller API: CursorDevice.addCanSelectNext (Previous) Observer is not updated correctly after script reload.
- Fixed: Controller API: canScroll observers are not called for device layer bank and drum pad bank.
- Fixed: Controller API: Scene.exists ().addValueObserver () is never called.
- Fixed: Channel Aftertouch and Program Change messages didn’t work on MIDI in for Linux.
- Fixed: Clip launcher clips we’re slowly drifting apart due to accumulating rounding error.
- Fixed: When dragging an unnamed arranger clip to the browser the default name to save the clip under has “Scene x” appended to the name.
- Fixed: Helper windows such as DSP graph or Scripting Console should not become full-screen with their parent window on OS X.
- Fixed: PDC does not work correctly for chains of Multi-Out VST plug-ins.
- Fixed: Timeline controlled launching in clips does not work correctly.
- Fixed: Dragging note start might result in incorrect order of notes, which causes playback errors.
- Fixed: Engine crashed when playing audio files with audio I/O running at 192 kHz.
- Fixed: Creating beat markers via double-click always prefers onset snapping, even if the preview shows differently and object snapping is disabled.
Bitwig Studio is available for purchase for $299.99 USD/259 EUR until January 15th, 2015.
More information: Bitwig
More posts that match this tag
Bitwig has announced the release of version 1.1 of Bitwig Studio, the first major update of the cross-platform music production software. Experience unrivalled controller integration, latency compensation for plug-ins and hardware that works. Design elaborate … read more
Bitwig has released version 1.0.15 of Bitwig Studio, the music production software for Windows, Mac and Linux. Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical … read more
Bitwig has announced The Producer Packs, a new collaboration between Bitwig and Arturia. The Producer Packs combine Bitwig Studio’s unprecedented workflow possibilities with Arturia’s premium hybrid keyboard conrtollers: the KeyLab 25, 49, and 61. Also … read more
Bitwig has released version 1.0.14 of Bitwig Studio, a music software for Windows, Mac and Linux. Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance to realize all of your musical ideas … read more
Bitwig has released version 1.0.8 of Bitwig Studio, a music production software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. From sound design to music creation, discover the new standard in customized workflow. Bitwig Studio inspires you to … read more
Bitwig has announced the release of Bitwig Studio, a multi-platform music-creation system for production, performance and DJing, with a focus on flexible editing tools and a super-fast workflow. Record and arrange, improvise and perform, or … read more
Nektar has announced the deep integration with the Bitwig Studio DAW and the Nektar Panorama range of controllers featuring the unique and musician friendly direct DAW integration Nektar P series Keyboards are famous for. From … read more
Bitwig has announced that it will launch its Bitwig Studio software on March 26th, 2014. BITWIG STUDIO is a new and innovative music creation, recording, and performance software that supports all three major computing platforms: … read more
Justin Sullivan wrote in to share this video of “clips and stuff in Bitwig studio”. Here is a video I put together on Saturday. It covers some features of the Polysynth in Bitwig Studio. I’m … read more
Bitwig has posted a new beta video, which demonstrates Working with Instrument Clips in Bitwig Studio. The latest beta video highlights several of Bitwig Studio’s features for working with instrument clips. Switch between clip- or … read more
Bitwig has posted another video of the Bitwig Studio beta, demonstrating the unified modulation system in Bitwig Studio. Whether you’re working with macro controls, setting up modulation devices (such as LFOs or envelope followers controlling … read more
Livid Instruments has posted a video showing integration of its Base controller with the upcoming Bitwig Studio digital audio workstation software. We’ve been working hard integrating the Base (and our other controllers) into the upcoming … read more
Outbound link: Livid Instruments
– Related: API
, Livid Instruments
Posted in news
on Aug 13, 2013 - 0 comments
Bitwig has announced that it has started its beta testing of the Bitwig Studio multi-platform music production and performance system. We just sent out beta invites to our first group of testers and will be … read more
Outbound link: Bitwig
– Related: Bitwig
, public beta
Posted in news
on Jul 11, 2012 - 0 comments
Bitwig has introduced Bitwig Studio, a new and powerful multi-platform music-creation-system for composing, performing and DJing. We are very proud to announce our first upcoming product: Bitwig Studio, the next-generation music-creation software, developed and built … read more