Blip Interactive has updated its NanoStudio music production app for iOS to version 1.33.
NanoStudio is a recording studio for iOS, OS X and Windows. It has virtual analogue synths, sample trigger pads, a comprehensive sequencer, a sample editor, a mixer and multiple effects all integrated into a single application.
Changes in NanoStudio v1.33
- Retina display support for new iPad.
- Eden sample page supports note slicing, so samples can be sliced across the keyboard in up to 64 slices.
- Files can be emailed from within NanoStudio.
- .nsp, .wav and .mid files are now associated so they can be opened with NanoStudio from other apps.
- .nsp files are associated so they can now be opened with NanoStudio by double-clicking (OS X/Windows).
- Computer keyboard support for typing file names, playing keys/pads and basic sequencer operation (OS X/Windows).
- NanoStudio for OS X is now available via the Mac app store.
- Fixed: Projects were not always exported with relative sample paths (so they had to be decompressed to the same folder path to work).
- Fixed: Using AV adapter on iOS causes crash.
- Fixed: Channel L/R buttons in mixer are sometimes visible when they shouldn’t be.
- Fixed: The last note event of a loop section was sometimes played at the beginning of the loop when resampling with pre-roll enabled.
- Fixed: Tapping FX indicator on mixer channel sometimes selects the wrong channel (iPad).
- Fixed: When using more than 32 mixer channels, the later channels would sometimes be silent.
- Fixed: NanoStudio would shutdown the network MIDI session for other apps on start up.
- Fixed: Removed small click on the end of a couple of default TRG samples (eg. 808 BD).
- Fixed: Couldn’t set metronome to zero volume.
NanoStudio is available to purchase from the iTunes App Store for $14.99 USD / 11.99 EUR.
More information: Blip Interactive
Loopmasters has released a number of free sample packs for NanoStudio, the iPhone App by Blip Interactive.
There’s been a big buzz around Blip Interactive’s superb music making Iphone app Nanostudio over the past couple of months, with the app getting great reviews and excellent user feedback.
We were so impressed that we offered to contribute some sounds and they thought it sounded like a nice idea. Loopmasters have contributed around 400 free samples for use in NanoStudio and you can grab them here.
The free packs are based on Loopmasters sample CDs, and as new CDs are released more free demo packs will be available. The samples have been converted from 24 to 16 bit and most are already arranged into TRG banks but they can also be used individually.
More information: Loopmasters
Blip Interactive has announced NanoStudio, a virtual recording studio for iPhone/iPod touch.
NanoStudio combines sampling, synthesis, sequencing and mastering in a single application, taking mobile music making to a new level.
Record your ideas in real time, mix synth layers with samples, compose and arrange your tune using the powerful sequencer and bring the mix alive with real time effects such as reverb, waveshaping and delay. You can use your own samples or record them using the microphone. NanoStudio’s low latency audio engine is custom engineered for iPhone, capable of delivering an amazing 48 voice polyphony in CD quality stereo.
- Synth — Eden creates analogue sounds ranging from deep basslines and fat pads all the way up to squealing 303 lines and heavily distorted leads. Each voice has 2 anti-aliased oscillators modulated in mix, ring or sync configurations fed into a low, band or high pass 2 pole resonant filter. Eden’s virtual patchbay allows you to connect 3 envelope generators and 4 beat-sync LFO’s to create modulation mayhem. Real-time performance becomes a truly interactive experience with dual X/Y controllers, accelerometer input and a pitch bend wheel, all totally configurable via the patchbay. Controller movements can be recorded and edited using the sequencer. NanoStudio allows you to use 4 Eden synths simultaneously, each with its own insert effects such as waveshaping, chorus and delay. Create complex sonic textures using multi-mode to layer up to 4 different voice presets. When you want to go beyond basic oscillators, load up a sample and process it just like a normal synth voice – great for mashing up vocals or even the whole mix. When you’re ready to get really creative, NanoStudio allows you to resample its own output and trigger the sample via the pads or keys, freeing up synths and effects to add even more sonic goodness to your composition.
- Trigger Pads — Record samples using the built in microphone, resample NanoStudio’s own output or upload your own samples over Wifi using the NanoSync tool for PC and Mac. Edit your samples using NanoStudio’s built-in wave editing tools and trigger them using the 16 pads. Adjust pitch, pan, volume and envelopes and assign each sample to one of the 3 output busses, each with its own effect and filter setup.
- Sequencer — Record performances in real-time using the keys and sample pads or create patterns and controller sweeps by drawing them in the piano roll editor. Arrange your patterns into a complete song using the track editor. Edit to your heart’s content while the song is playing and rest assured that every editing and recording operation has multiple undo/redo.
- Mastering — Use Nanostudio’s intuitive mixer to monitor levels and get your final mix just the way you want it. The mixer’s two global effects sends allow you to individually apply reverb and delay effects to each track. When you’re ready to share your mix with others, and use NanoSync to copy the exported .wav file to your PC or Mac over Wifi.
NanoStudio is coming to the App Store soon. A free NanoStudio version for PC and Mac will be available to download when the iPhone/iPod touch App is released.
More information: NanoStudio