, Blue Cat
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2015 - 0 comments
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.62 of Blue Cat’s PatchWork, adding a new UI theme and several features to its “universal plug-ins patch bay” plug-in and standalone application.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.62 now includes a new “light blue” user interface theme, in addition to its original darker color scheme.
Switching between included and third party skins has also been made easier with this new release that also includes several other improvements (full list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.62
- New alternative light theme skin (light color scheme and lower contrast).
- Factory and user skins can now be selected directly from the plug-in menu.
- Added 192 kHz sample rate support to the standalone application.
- Mac: fixed MFX Audio Unit that was not processing MIDI events properly.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR/$79 USD (ex. VAT). The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
Blue Cat Audio has announces that it has released it first standalone audio application with Blue Cat’s PatchWork version 1.6.
The “universal plug-ins patch bay” is now available as a standalone application for Mac and PC, in addition to all major audio plug-in formats that were already supported.
The new Blue Cat’s PatchWork application is a fast and lightweight host that can quickly load audio effect plug-ins and virtual instruments for immediate usage. It supports up to 8 audio I/O, tempo synchronization, Audio Unit and VST plug-ins hosting (up to 64 plug-ins), copy/paste between multiple applications. Presets created with the standalone application or the plug-in are compatible and can be shared between all plug-in formats to quickly reload effect chains. The application and the plug-ins inserted into it can also be controlled via MIDI.
This new version also brings several enhancements and compatibility improvements to the plug-in versions.
The update is free for existing customers and is available for download from the same page as the initial purchase (link received by email). Demo versions of the application or plug-in (VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats) can also be downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com, for both Mac and PC (32 and 64-bit).
New in Blue Cat’s PatchWorks
- Now available as a standalone host application.
- Improved presets and session load/save performance (up to 4 times faster in some situations).
- Fixed issue with Izotope Audio Units that were configured as mono effects on stereo tracks.
- Fixed crashes during auto save with Kontakt 5 in Pro Tools 11.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD (VAT excluded).
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features.
Both plug-ins can now load more VST and Audio Unit plug-ins (fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins manufacturers). For improved interoperability between systems, plug-ins’ state are now retained even if the plug-ins are missing, and VST plug-ins can be relocated if moved.
The new PatchWork 1.5 plug-in also supports MIDI FX Audio Units and can be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X to quickly build complex MIDI effects chains (full change list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.5 / MB-7 Mixer v2.4
- New Features for both plug-ins:
- Missing VST plug-ins can now be relocated if not found.
- The plug-in now saves missing plug-ins’ state so that they can be restored later.
- New Features for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- The Audio Unit can now be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X.
- MIDI FX Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for both plug-ins:
- Fixed issue on Mac when loading sessions created on Windows using VST plug-ins in sub-directories.
- Fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins that used to crash when unloaded (Image Line, MeldaProduction, Catanya…).
- VST Plug-in name is now displayed when loaded from a missing VST shell bundle (instead of just the name of the bundle).
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when using keyboard shortcuts in the host application to switch between plug-ins or tracks.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- (Mac) Fixed parameters not available for mapping when Audio Unit bridged with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
- (Mac) Fixed parameters mapped with wrong range for some Audio Units (u-he, AAS…).
- (Mac) Fixed parameter changes sent from host not visible in the user interface for some Audio Units (u-he…).
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2.4:
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 2.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD. Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer costs 99 EUR / $129 USD. Prices excl. VAT.
The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.1 of Blue Cat’s Plug’n Script, a new version of the scripting plug-in that can be programmed to build custom audio and MIDI effects or virtual instruments inside most Digital Audio Workstations (DAW).
This new version mainly adds MIDI FX support for Logic Pro X, new controls in the user interface, new audio file player and recorder scripts, as well as new programming interfaces for scripters.
A few bugs have also been fixed (details below). For this new release, Blue Cat Audio has also opened a scripts repository on GitHub for script writers and developers to share their scripts and experience.
Changes in Blue Cat’s Plug’n Script v1.1
- Audio Unit can now be loaded as a MIDI effect in Logic Pro X.
- The user interface now displays switch buttons for Boolean parameters instead of knobs.
- Discrete parameter values can now be selected from a dropdown menu.
- New API: scripts can now use plain strings as user input.
- New API: scripts can now read and write files.
- New scripts and presets: added audio player and recorder scripts and a wave file utility class.
- Developers can now share their scripts on a dedicated Gather repository: https://github.com/bluecataudio/plugnscript.
- Fixed: implemented pass-thru for MIDI events when no processing function is declared (default script for example).
- Fixed: Audio Unit Synth version did not appear as an Instrument.
- Fixed: script was reloaded when starting playback in Reaper, and the effect was not applied immediately.
The plug-in is available for purchase at a 25% introductory discount until October 15th, 2014, priced at 59 EUR/$74 USD (regular 79 EUR/$99 USD).
More information: Blue Cat / Plug’n Script
Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat’s Plug’n Script, a new scripting plug-in that can be programmed to quickly build custom audio and MIDI effects or virtual instruments, without quitting your favorite Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
With this plug-in, it is possible to write your own real time or offline processors or instruments, with very little knowledge about programming: it is a very simple way to start learning audio and MIDI processing.
Experienced audio software developers will also find it convenient to quickly prototype algorithms right into a DAW and drastically reduce development costs.
It can also be used by non-programmers as a multi-purpose processor, thanks to the 46 scripts and 120 presets that are included in the package.
Plug’n Script features
- Audio and MIDI scripting plug-in.
- Build your own Audio and MIDI effects or virtual instruments.
- The user interface adapts to scripts automatically. Build your own using Blue Cat’s KUIML language.
- Up to 48 input parameters and 32 outputs, with full MIDI and automation control.
- Use your favorite Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for editing.
- Integrated JIT (Just In Time) compiler for optimal performance (scripts are not interpreted but compiled).
- Includes 46 scripts and 120 presets for sound synthesis, MIDI FX, audio FX (comp, gate, tremolo echo, filters…), waveform generation and more.
- Surround support (up to 8 audio channels).
- Integrated undo/redo.
- Use the included user interface or write your own for your own scripts.
Plug’n Script for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/DX) is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $74 USD until October 15th, 2014 (regular 79 EUR / $99 USD). Existing Blue Cat Audio customers will receive a special offer by email.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / Plug’n Script
More posts that match this tag
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.4 of its PatchWork plug-in host for Windows and Mac. This new version includes MIDI channel filtering for plug-ins input, parallel processing chains improvements (selectable summing mode and solo … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.3 of Blue Cat’s PatchWork, a new version of the “universal plug-ins patch bay” available in multiple audio plug-in formats. With Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.3, it is now possible … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.2 of PatchWork and version 2.2 of MB-7 Mixer, a new version of its audio plug-ins that can host third party VST plug-ins. With Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.2, Blue … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released an update of 8 audio plug-ins to fix a few compatibility issues and improve the experience on newer systems. This update includes new versions for Blue Cat’s Dynamics (broadband dynamics … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.1 of PatchWork, the “universal plug-ins patchbay” plug-in that can host up to 64 VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). With Blue Cat’s PatchWork it is possible … read more
Blue Cat Audio has announced the release of Blue Cat’s PatchWork, a new plug-in that can be described as a “universal plug-ins patchbay”. PatchWork can host up to 64 VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released version 2.1 of the MB-7 Mixer, a multi-band processing plug-in with VST hosting capabilities. This new release mainly brings workflow enhancements, such as copy/paste capabilities, plug-ins layout restore, direct access … read more
Blue Cat Audio has announced the release of several updates for Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2, the multi-band processing plug-in with VST hosting capabilities. The updates mainly improve compatibility with additional VST plug-ins (including VST … read more
Blue Cat Audio has announced the release of Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2.0, a complete rewrite of the multiband processing plug-in, now including multiband VST hosting capabilities. Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer is a unique plug-in … read more
Blue Cat Audio has announced the release of an update for 9 additional plug-ins to support Pro Tools 11, and announces summer sales to celebrate that all 21 Blue Cat Audio plug-ins are now available … read more
Outbound link: Blue Cat Audio
– Related: AAX
, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Jun 27, 2013 - 0 comments
Blue Cat Audio has released a new version of twelve of its professional audio plug-ins: Blue Cat’s DP Meter Pro (audio levels meter), FreqAnalyst Multi (multiple tracks spectrum analyzer), Oscilloscope Multi (multiple tracks waveform visualizer), … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released version 5.0 of Blue Cat’s Liny EQ, a complete rewrite of the low latency linear phase EQ plug-in. Blue Cat’s Liny EQ is an 8 bands linear phase graphic equalizer … read more
Blue Cat Audio has announced updates for 5 of its most recent plug-ins: the DP Meter Pro audio levels meter, FreqAnalyst Multi multiple tracks spectrum analyzer, Oscilloscope Multi multiple tracks waveform visualizer, StereoScope Multi multiple … read more
Blue Cat Audio has announced DP Meter Pro 4.0, a multi-purpose audio levels meter and envelope generator, formerly known as Blue Cat’s Digital Peak Meter Pro. The DP Meter Pro plug-in has been completely redesigned … read more
Blue Cat Audio has announced the launch of winter special offers on all its audio plug-ins and bundles. With this offer, it is possible to purchase all individual plug-ins as well as bundles with 15 … read more