Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.9 of FreqAnalyst Multi and StereoScope Multi, two of its flagship audio analysis plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
This update mainly brings to Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Multi and Blue Cat’s StereoScope Multi the ability to save difference curves in order to perform comparisons between measurements: the plug-ins are able to compute differences between measurements taken in multiple locations in a digital audio workstation, and it is now possible to save and compare them.
A free tutorial available on the editor’s website (http://www.bluecataudio.com/Tutorials/Tutorial_EQ_Matching_Reaper/) illustrates this new feature, showing as an example how to emulate the frequency response of a guitar amp cabinet with an equalizer.
Changes in FreqAnalyst Multi / StereoScope Multi v1.9
- Difference curves can now be saved for easier comparisons and EQ matching tasks.
- Windows uninstaller now proposes to remove preferences as an option.
- Misc minor user interface and windows installer changes.
FreqAnalyst Multi and StereoScope Multi are available to purchase for 79 EUR / $99 USD each.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
Blue Cat Audio has announced the release of MB-7, a powerful multiband manipulation plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer is a unique plug-in that splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets the user mix them as if they were separate tracks. Each band proposes controls that can usually be found on a mixing console: bypass, mute or solo to isolate frequencies, gain adjustment, “stereoness” (spread) and position in the stereo field (pan). The plug-in also proposes unique linking and grouping options within a single instance, or between several instances, on multiple tracks. It can be used for multiple applications: from mixing to mastering, or audio restoration. Thanks to the comprehensive visual feedback it proposes, the plug-in is also recommended for audio analysis. As an extra, the plug-in has been designed to work in conjonction with the previously released Blue Cat’s MB-5 Dynamix plug-in for multiband side chain dynamics processing.
- Multiband mixing console: adjust the levels, panning and “stereoness” of each band separately.
- Multiple instances linking: group bands within a single instance or between multiple instances of the plug-in, and modify the spectrum on multiple tracks with a single slider.
- Up to 7 bands, with crossover filters from 6 to 96 dB/Oct for optimal separation.
- Bypass, mute, solo on every band.
- Mono switch on master for mono compatibility check.
- Complete visual feedback with real time response curves and levels display for each band.
- Side chaining made easy: a unique way to perform multi-band side chain compression, ducking, gating and much more.
- Plug-in window transparency management.
- No latency.
Blue Cat’s MB-7 is available to purchase for the introductory price of 69 EUR / $92 USD until April 30, 2011 (regular 80 EUR / $119 USD).
The MB-7 is also available in the new Blue Cat’s MB Dynamix Pack, which also includes the Blue Cat’s MB-5 Dynamix plug-in for multiband side chain applications. The Blue Cat’s Energy Pack and Blue Cat’s All Plugins Pack plug-ins have also been updated to include MB-7. All these products are available at a special introduction price (up to 22% off) until the end of the month. Existing Blue Cat Audio customers have access to several crossgrade offers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / MB-7
Blue Cat Audio has released some new skins for Stereo Chorus, a free chorus effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Many thanks to satYatunes who has sent us a set of beautiful new free skins for Blue Cat’s Stereo Chorus.
You have the choice between a “Black Beauty” and a “Metal Beauty” to create the sounds of your dreams.
The two skins are available as a free download.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / Stereo Chorus
Blue Cat Audio has announced it has updated all its audio plug-ins.
We have just released an update for all our audio plug-ins: it fixes an issue with keyboard focus being stolen by the plug-ins in Pro Tools and several other host applications (mainly on Mac).
For several analysis plug-ins, it also makes the visibility of controls persistent. For plug-ins that did not support it already, this update also brings 64-bit VST support on Mac as well as SSE 2 optimizations for better performance.
The upgrade is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.1 of MB-5 Dynamix, a multi-band dynamics effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Blue Cat’s MB-5 Dynamix is an extremely powerful all-in-one multiband dynamics processor: it can be used as a multiband compressor, limiter, gate, expander, waveshaper or all combined at once, on any part of the spectrum. The unique dynamics processing section of the Blue Cat’s Dynamics plug-in has been streamlined and integrated in this plug-in to process each one of the 5 bands separately.
Changes in MB-5 Dynamix v1.1
- Improved the precision of the crossover filters, especially in the low end of the spectrum.
- Zoom animation is no longer triggered when opening the plug-in user interface.
MB-5 Dynamix for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/DX) is currently available to purchase for 183 EUR / $239 USD in Blue Cat’s Winter Sale (20% discount on regular prices). The upgrade is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / MB-5 Dynamix
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.7 of FreqAnalyst, a free spectrum analysis plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The update includes a new look and feel, 64-bit VST format support on the Mac and several user interface enhancements borrowed from Blue Cat Audio’s commercial plug-ins.
Changes in Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst 1.7
- 64-bit Mac VST support.
- User interface enhancements:
- Improved readability.
- Select and zoom with one click.
- Drag the rulers to move the curve when zoomed.
- Zooming is now animated.
- Improved consistency with other Blue Cat analysis tools.
- Performance improvements (the plug-in now requires an SSE2-enabled processor).
- Default release time is now shorter.
- Fixed issue with Freeze button not freezing all curves on the stereo version.
FreqAnalyst for PC and Mac (VST/RTAS/AU/DirectX) is available as a free download from the Blue Cat Audio website.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / FreqAnalyst