Blue Microphones has announced the Yeti Pro, the world’s first USB microphone combining 24 bit/192 kHz digital recording resolution with analog XLR output.
Featuring three custom condenser capsules and four different pattern settings, the Yeti Pro can capture digital audio with up to four times the clarity found on CDs.
Plus, the Yeti Pro features a cutting-edge A-D converter chip and separate analog circuit path for usewith professional studio mixers and preamps. You also get a built-in headphone amplifier for zero-latency monitoring, and direct controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, mute, and microphone gain.
So whether you record at home, in a studio (or in the Himalayas!), the Yeti Pro is your ultimate sound solution.
Yeti Pro features
- Yeti Pro is designed to provide the highest performance possible in a digital microphone, with recording resolution of 24bit/.
- Yeti Pro features an analog-digital converter chip that allows a range of recording resolutions, from 22kHz up to 192kHz and common sampling rates in-between.
- Separate circuit boards maintain the integrity of the analog and digital signal paths.
- For analog recording, Yeti Pro also includes an XLR stereo breakout cable for simple attachment to analog equipment.
- Yeti Pro offers four recording patterns (cardioid, omni, stereo, bi-directional) for both digital and analog recording.
- Yeti Pro maintains zero-latency headphone output with volume control for direct monitoring, adjustable gain control and a digital mute button.
- Yeti Pro is compatible with both Mac and PC.
The Yeti Pro has a MSRP of $249 USD.
More information: Blue Microphones / Yeti Pro
Blue Microphones has announced the Spark, a cardioid, solid-state condenser microphone, with high-quality, fully discrete components and an innovative Focus control offering two sonic signatures.
Spark features Blue’s premium condenser capsule, delivering low noise, high efficiency, and rapid response in any recording situation. Out of the box, the sonic signature of Spark is crisp and powerful with an enhanced low end. To achieve a more present sound, Blue introduces the Focus control, which when selected results in a tighter, more direct and focused sound. Spark utilizes custom-matched circuitry with the same professional-quality, Class-A discrete components found in Blue’s extensive line of professional microphones. The circuit design also pairs Spark’s condenser capsule with a phantom-powered outboard amplifier to drive the capsule with linear control and accuracy.
To complete the experience, Spark comes inside a high-quality wooden box, with a custom shockmount and metal pop filter. This all-inclusive professional microphone package also provides a detailed recording guide showing complete setup and recording tips for a variety of instruments and vocal sounds. Spark comes with a three year manufacturer’s warranty.
Spark will be available in November at authorized Blue Microphones dealers for a MSRP of $199 USD.
More information: Blue Microphones / Spark
Blue Microphones has announced Yeti, the most advanced and versatile multi-pattern USB microphone available anywhere.
Combining three capsules and four different pattern settings, the Yeti is the ultimate tool for creating amazing recordings, directly to your computer. THX Certified for exceptional sound and performance, the Yeti can capture anything with a clarity & ease unheard of in a USB microphone.
The Yeti features Blue’s innovative triple capsule array, allowing for recording in stereo or your choice of three unique patterns, including cardioid, omnidirectional, and bidirectional, giving you recording capabilities usually requiring multiple microphones.
The Yeti utilizes a high quality analog-to-digital converter to send incredible audio fidelity directly into your computer, a built-in headphone amplifier for zero-latency monitoring, and simple controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and microphone gain located directly on the microphone. The Yeti’s exceptional performance and fidelity have earned it the distinction of being the first THX Certified Microphone, a validation of Yeti’s incredibly low distortion, high fidelity, and balanced frequency response. There are no drivers to install — simply plug the Yeti into your PC or Mac, load up your favorite recording software, and record something amazing.
- The first USB mic to offer Blue’s premium condenser capsules in a proprietary triple capsule array for the highest quality, most versatile audio recording capability.
- After rigorous lab testing, THX certification affirms the ultimate in recording and playback fidelity thanks to superior design and quality.
- Four patterns (Omni, Cardioid, Stereo, Bidirectional) for incredible versatility and superior results in any situation.
- Studio quality performance and features, with zero latency, amplified headphone monitoring, microphone mute, and hardware-based gain adjustment.
Yeti will be available beginning December 2009, with a suggested street price of 149 EUR / £135 GBP.
More information: Blue Microphones / Yeti
Blue Microphones has released Blue FiRe, a free, high-fidelity field recording app for iPhone and iPod Touch, developed in partnership with Audiofile Engineering.
“The Blue FiRe App was a natural next step for Blue Microphones as we continue to expand our superior quality audio recording products and services to consumers,” said William Merchan, vice president, Sales of Blue Microphones. “We are excited to extend Blue FiRe’s high-quality recording capabilities for the Mikey to both the iPhone and iPod touch.”
Coupled with the Mikey, Blue FiRe provides high-fidelity recordings in mono and stereo, while allowing users to see the accurate audio waveform in real-time. Featuring the ability to create editable audio markers and tag recordings with location data.
Blue FiRe features
- Navigation of waveform via double-tap with configurable behavior.
- Configurable time units display.
- Record For, Record Until, Record Over Threshold and settings.
- Quality settings: Low (11.025 kHz), Medium (22.050 kHz) and High (44.1 kHz).
- Browser based file export via local web server.
- WAV, AIFF, CAF (Core Audio Format).
Blue FiRe is available as a free download from the App Store.
More information: Blue Microphones / Blue FiRe @ iTunes App Store