Bolder Sounds has released Crystal Glasses V3 for Kontakt, introducing enhanced KSP scripting by Bo Clausen.
The Crystal Glasses is a project I began in 2007. I worked on it sporadically over 3 years. Bolder Sounds already has a very popular sound set entitled Crystal Glasses and Meditation Bowls. So – why create another? The crystals recorded in that library date back to the mid 1990’s when 16 bit mono samples was the standard format (the Meditation Bowls were sampled at a later date in stereo). Also – the idea of recording these crystal glasses as a group of glasses opened up the door to different sound design opportunities. This newer Crystal library features 24-bit stereo samples, round-robin sampling, numerous articulations and Kontakt scripting galore.
Crystal Glasses V3 features
- The ability to save and recall up to six Presets per Preset drop-down Menu.
- 11 Preset drop-down Menus – Layer, LFO, Filter, EQ, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Rotator, Delay, Space and Reverb Presets .
- An advanced Pitch Wheel control where a user has independent Up/Down controls and a special setting that only bends the last played note.
- Freely assignable Key-Switches for all the Layer buttons.
- Humanize randomization of Timing, Tuning and Velocity.
- A Key Switch Page enabling the user assign which key will trigger the various Key Switches.
- Many example Kontakt instruments that demonstrate the wide range of sound sculpting possibilities.
The library is available for the introductory price of $39 USD until November 1st, 2014.