, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Mar 04, 2014 - 0 comments
SampleTekk has announced a blowout sale on PMI Instruments, offering its PMI sample libraries at 50% off for a limited time.
April 1 we will stop selling PMI Instruments.
So during march we are having a end sale where you get 50% discount on all PMI Libraries.
- PMI Accordian – Post Accordions is the largest and most versatile collection of accordion samples ever sampled.
- PMI Anvils & Churchbells – Over 25 different anvils or other large metal objects, plus collection of small & huge church bells.
- PMI Baroque Organ – The first organ library with every single stop chromatically sampled as well as the most useful combinations.
- PMI Bosendorfer 290 – This Bösendorfer library provides the greatest possible control during the softest pianissimo, through crescendos to the reserves of power needed for the loudest fortissimo.
- PMI Carillion – The first sampled Carillon features an amazing 58 Bells! All bells have been sampled.
- PMI Clavichords – This library brings you a small and a larger Clavichord. The clavichords have been sampled with their release sounds, giving them an unbelievable realistic quality.
- PMI Estonia – Estonia Concert Grand piano is a multi-velocity level chromatically sampled piano of the highest realism!
- PMI Forte E – A new 24 bit sampled Fortepiano with 3 velocity layers, sustain and modulator patches.
- PMI Historic Keyboards – A collection of historic instruments: 2 harpsichords, a virginal and a fortepiano for GigaStudio and compatible samplers.
- PMI Hybrid – The Hybrid Pianos allows you to build your own piano. Simply drag and drop the elements you want to add in your sampler and adjust each component to your personal taste.
- PMI Old Lady – This library brings you an amazing Model 1923 Steinway D grand piano. Sampled with 10 recorded velocity layers with 10 separate sustain pedal down layers and release triggered samples.
- PMI Orchestral Instruments – A collection of Orchestral Instruments for GigaStudio. Orchestral perc instruments include Celesta, Glockenspiel, Hackbrett, Marimba and Vibes.
- PMI Positif – A small positif organ, chramitically sampled with release samples. 5 registrations: flute, holpipe, quint, flute and holpipe and tutti.
- PMI Steinway D – A sampled Steinway model D3 piano with serial number 393210, which was built in 1965.
- PMI The Emperor – The Bösendorfer 290 SE has a huge dynamic range, with very subtle pianissimo and thunderous fortissimi. 12 recorded velocity layers, with 12 separate sustain pedal down layers and release triggered samples.
- PMI Theater Organ – All ranks were chromatically sampled, capturing the true nature and character of each pipe. Samples are 10 to 15 seconds long with perfect loops to enable playing of unlimited length of notes. The true release sound of the organ pipes was also recorded and is reproduced upon key-release.
- PMI Yamaha C7 – Pop piano! Up to 16 levels of velocity, recorded at 96kHz/24 bits.
The sale ends March 31st, 2014. The PMI libraries will be discontinued after the sale.
More information: SampleTekk
Absolute Piano has announced the release of Steinway D, Bosendorfer 290 and Fazioli 308, three new virtual piano instruments for Windows.
Today I release the new Fazioli 308, the Bosendorfer 290 Imperial and the Steinway D.
These new pianos uses a different internal playing engine that allows to have a bigger soundbank. As a result, these pianos have 3 time more samples and definition than the ones released before, while have the same award winning interface. I also created a new resonance simulation engine that gives a better stereo image, definition and realism.
The new piano instruments are available to purchase for $89 USD each. You can get all 8 Absolute Piano instruments for $359 USD for a limited time (regular bundles price $418 USD).
Previously released Absolute Piano instruments were updated (incl. new sound engine). The updates are available to existing customers free of charge.
More information: Absolute Piano
, Doug Rogers
, Nick Phoenix
, Quantum Leap
Posted in news
on Mar 13, 2012 - 0 comments
Eastwest has announced it is offering 50% off the retail prices of two critically-acclaimed titles: Eastwest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra and Pianos on all purchases made through March 31, 2012.
Recorded by 11-time Grammy nominated classical recording engineer Prof. Keith O. Johnson, and produced by Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, the EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA is the most awarded orchestral collection ever, and the only orchestral collection to be recorded in a “state of the art” concert hall where orchestras mainly perform.
EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP PIANOS is the most detailed collection of the world’s finest grand pianos ever recorded and includes a Bechstein D-280, Steinway D, Bösendorfer 290, and Yamaha C7, each recorded with 3 mixable mic positions.
“These are real acoustic piano sounds. I’m absolutely amazed. EastWest/Quantum Leap has gone the extra mile to provide stunning quality acoustic piano character – the whole collection is superb!” said 12-time Grammy winning pianist and composer Herbie Hancock. “The new meaning of heavyweight. Players agreed that EastWest/Quantum Leap has by far the most detailed and biggest-sounding pianos of the bunch.” Said KEYBOARD Magazine.
The PLAY interface includes impulses from the same hall the producers used to record Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs so the pianos can blend with those collections.
Customers can receive 50% off the retail price at Sounds Online and at authorized EastWest dealers now through March 31, 2012.
More information: Sounds Online / Sounds Online (European customers)
Sound Magic has updated its Supreme Piano virtual piano instrument plug-in to version 2.1.
Supreme Piano 2 starts with a revolutionary concept: “A single virtual instrument can not solve all of the problems in the entire music production process, or fit every musician’s unique need. We need a whole solution for this, a flexible system which is easy to operate, that follows our changing needs.” Supreme Piano 2 is not a bundle of pianos but an entire system that focuses on solving problems. Supreme Piano 2 has the power to handle many different situations – and you will find a solution for your problem. Supreme Piano 2 will let you choose up to 4 piano modules from our database. There are currently 6 piano modules — with more on the way – including four of the world’s most stunning and finest grand pianos.
From the famous dark, rich Bosendorfer tone to that fantastic and sexy Fazioli sound, From well known brilliant steinway to Yamaha. Supreme Piano 2 recreates the unsurpassed authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world.
Changes in Supreme Piano v2.1
- CPU usage decrease.
- New Half Pedaling algorithm.
- Neo Hybrid Modeling Engine updates to Version 2.1.
- Add Scala Tuning System.
- Several minor changes.
Supreme Piano 2 for Windows (VST/Standalone) is available to purchase for 299 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Supreme Piano 2
Sound Magic has released version 2.6 of Imperial Grand, a virtual piano instrument for Windows.
Huge Sound – Small Footprint: Imperial Grand starts with the famous dark, rich Bösendorfer style sound, and establishes an incredible level of realism by using patented NEO Hybrid Modeling Technology. Bösendorfer is known for producing pianos with a uniquely rich, singing, and sustaining tone. On the Imperial Grand, this characteristic tonal quality in part derives from the inclusion of 9 additional bass notes below bottom. Imperial Grand successfully reproduce the sound of a 1948 Bösendorfer 290SE and it also gives you the power to control the sound of this fantastic instrument in a much deeper degree.
Changes in Imperial Grand v2.6
- Greatly improved CPU usage, uses only 40% of CPU compared to v2.5.
- Fixes SR volume can not controlled by note velocity.
- Fixes the error in max range for some sliders.
More information: Sound Magic / Imperial Grand
Sound Magic has updated Imperial Grand, a virtual modeled Bösendorfer 290SE piano instrument for Windows.
Sound Magic has released Imperial Grand Native Version 2.5, which applies a new designed NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine.
This new engine can provide better simulation on release sound and Sympathetic Resonance Sound. Also by offering newly designed Scala Tuning System, Imperial Grand will provide better and richer sound than before, and more important, you have more controls on sound
Changes in Imperial Grand v2.5
- New Release Sound algorithm.
- New Sympathetic Resonance Sound algorithm.
- Lower CPU usage.
- New Sustain Pedal Release behavior.
- Many other changes.
Imperial Grand is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Imperial Grand
Time+Space has announced a limited time offer for Synthogy Ivory II pianos.
“It ticks all the boxes: sound quality, playability, flexibility. And then it ticks a few more: reliability, efficiency, ease of use. This is industry standard, production-ready software that´s a joy to have around. There´s little else to say. Just go and play it…” – Sound on Sound
It’s been almost a year since Ivory II was unleashed onto the world with its powerful new engine delivering an unprecedented level of realism. With the introduction of Harmonic Resonance Modeling for true sympathetic string vibration, plus expanded velocity levels and numerous user requested features such as half pedalling, lid position, pedal noise and tuning tables, Ivory II has become the industry standard in piano software.
Synthogy Ivory II pianos
- Grand Pianos – Features over 77Gb of stunning, Acoustic Grand Piano sampled instruments including: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand, German Steinway D 9’ Concert Grand and Yamaha C7 Grand.
- Italian Grand – Over 28Gb of world-class samples featuring a Premium 10 foot, Italian made Concert Grand renowned for its expressive dynamics and full-bodied character.
- Upright Pianos – Includes four upright pianos; Modern upright (Yamaha U5), Vintage Upright (1914 A.M. Hume), Honky Tonk Barrom upright (1915 Packard) and an early 1900s Tack Piano.
Ivory II pianos require an iLok key to run and until 31st August, Time+Space will send you one for free when you buy any full version Ivory II title, saving you £37.95 GBP (offer excludes upgrades).
More information: Time+Space
Better Music Distribution has announced it is now distributing instrument plugins from Sound Magic.
Better Music Distribution is very pleased to announce the partnership with Sound Magic for the US market. Two brand new pianos have been recently released and are now available through Better Music Distribution in the USA.
Sound Magic instruments
- Imperial Grand Piano – The Imperial Grand virtual instrument piano starts with a famous dark, rich Bösendorfer style of sound, the first modeled Bösendorfer 290SE with 97 Keys.
- Ruby Piano – Ruby Piano captures the mellow sustain and beautiful tones of a Yamaha C7 built in 1972, which has original ivory keys, and represents its unique timbral quality through Sound Magic ‘s NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine.
- BlueStone Piano – The BlueStone Piano virtual instrument starts with the robust Steinway sound, utilizing these powerful harmonics to create the authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world.
- Supreme Piano 2 – The Supreme Piano 2 virtual piano collection includes four world’s most stunning and finest grand pianos. A true piano legend.
More information: Better Music Distribution