, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 10, 2010
Synthogy has announced that it will begin shipping Ivory II – Grand Pianos through its distributor ILIO and retail stores on September 13, 2010.
Ivory II – Grand Pianos will be the first of Synthogy’s new products to feature the all-new Ivory II piano DSP engine. It is the first major upgrade to all of its Ivory pianos since they were first launched. Significant improvements have been made to both the piano DSP engine and to the integrated sample libraries that come with the products. Following the release of Ivory II – Grand Pianos, the Ivory II upgrade to Synthogy’s Italian Grand will be available near the end of September, while the Ivory II upgrade to Upright Pianos is expected later this year.
The Ivory II piano DSP engine includes many new features Synthogy customers have been requesting, including Harmonic Resonance Modeling for Sympathetic String Resonance, Half Pedaling, Pedal Noise, Lid Position, Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ, Tuning Tables, and New Synth Layers with controls.
Ivory II – Grand Pianos features
- Over 77 Gigabytes of stunning, Acoustic Grand Piano sampled instruments: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand, German Steinway D 9’ Concert Grand, Yamaha C7 Grand (Each piano can be installed separately).
- Up to 18 discrete velocity layers with Sample Interpolation Technology for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions.
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for the most realistic Sympathetic String Resonance possible.
- Synthogy’s exclusive, powerful 32 bit Sample Playback and DSP engine, engineered specifically for recreating the acoustic piano.
- Sustain Resonance DSP for realistic Damper Pedal response.
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ.
- Customizable User controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position, Tuning Tables, and more.
- Expertly tuned and regulated pianos in world-class studios and concert halls.
- All 88 keys individually sampled in up to 18 dynamic levels (plus Bösendorfer extended low octave).
- Incorporates exclusive Sample Interpolation Technology used for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions.
- Real Release samples, Soft Pedal samples, and Pedal Noise enhancements.
- Optional synth pad layer for modern/pop combinations.
- Dozens of user-adjustable presets.
Upgrade paths are available to users of previous versions of Ivory products.
More information: Synthogy
Steinberg has announced it is now shipping The Grand 3, a virtual piano instrument for Windows and Mac.
Based on three of the world’s finest and most famous grand pianos as well as one electric grand and one upright, The Grand 3 provides musicians, keyboardists and composers alike with breathtaking tonal authenticity of various piano types.
The tone of the Yamaha C7, Bösendorfer 290 Imperial and Steinway D grand pianos plus the classic Yamaha CP80 Electric Grand and charismatic upright piano by Nordiska have been recorded to provide the artist with an entire palette of virtual piano greatness. By generating the source material to highest standards using intelligent sample architecture and latest recording technology, a uniquely warm, transparent and flexible sound is present in The Grand 3.
“After unveiling The Grand 3 at this year’s Musikmesse in Frankfurt — its resonance striking deep chords among the many exhibition visitors — we at Steinberg are confident that the latest version of The Grand will not only meet the expectations of VSTi users, but exceed them tenfold,” remarks Nadine Roos, product marketing manager for The Grand.
The Grand 3 is available for purchase for 349 EUR (incl. VAT).
More information: Steinberg
Vienna Symphonic Library has released Vienna Imperial, a virtual grand piano for Windows and Mac.
The venerable Bösendorfer Imperial 290-755 that our team hosted at the Silent Stage for two months was equipped with the famed piano manufacturer’s CEUS technology, which allowed for the most precise and by far most extensive piano sample recordings ever conducted in the history of music technology. 1,200 recorded samples per key represent a magnitude of sampling detail that has been unthinkable up to now.
The innovative implementation of meticulously recorded pedal-up and pedal-down notes in up to 100 velocities, comprehensive sympathetic resonances, and multiple release samples make the Vienna Imperial quite honestly the most realistic sampled piano ever created.
Vienna Imperial features
- Up to 100 velocities per key, 1,200 recorded samples per key.
- Audience, player, and close microphone recording positions.
- Powerful proprietary piano engine.
- Multiple release samples for different note lengths (supports authentic staccato/staccatissimo performances).
- Repetition samples for pedal-sustained notes.
- Sympathetic resonances for sustain pedal up and down positions.
- Adjustable pedal noises.
- Easy to use interface with unique velocity histogram.
- Convolution reverb featuring three halls of the famous Vienna Konzerthaus.
- Dynamic range control.
- Lossless sample compression for using less hard disk space.
- RAM Optimizer to unload unused samples out of RAM.
- 24-bit/44.1kHz, stereo.
Vienna Imperial is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) at a price of $875 USD. A purchase also entitles you to download the free Vienna Ensemble 2 mixing and host software.
Visit Vienna Symphonic Library for more information and audio demos.
Steinberg has announced The Grand 3, a virtual piano suite for Windows and Mac.
The Grand 3 recreates the expressiveness, playability and sound of three of the world’s finest and most famous grand pianos: Yamaha C7, Bösendorfer 290 Imperial and Steinway D. Additionally, the classical Yamaha CP80 Electric Grand as well as the charismatic vintage upright piano model by Nordiska Pianofabriken have been included to round out the palette of piano greatness.
By generating the source material to highest standards using latest recording technology, a uniquely warm, transparent and flexible sound is present in The Grand 3, delivering the same distinctive character of the individual pianos in exacting detail.
And it doesn’t stop here. With two different microphone positions that provide optimal tone and spatial positioning in the mix, its sustain and sostenuto pedal support, subtle mechanical noises and true resonance, The Grand 3 is the most ambitious and innovative development in piano modeling to date.
The Grand 3 features
- Five top-flight piano models in one VST instrument.
- Astoundingly authentic piano sound that comes courtesy of three of the world’s finest, most expensive concert grand pianos.
- Full-length sustain samples, no loops, with every key sampled individually at varying velocities.
- Unrivaled dynamic response.
- Amazingly authentic sustain pedal resonance, damper and hammer emulations, velocity adapts individually to suit your touch, style of play and keyboard’s response.
- Powerful options for tweaking tone and variable room simulations.
The Grand 3 will be available in Q3 of 2009.
Visit Steinberg for more information