Bremmers Audio Design has launched MultitrackStudio for iPad, a streamlined, simplified version of the MultitrackStudio audio/MIDI multitrack recording software.
It’s even easier to use, even more straightforward and even more fun.
Think MultitrackStudio but leave out the computer problems and distractions… that’s MultitrackStudio for iPad!
MultitrackStudio for iPad features
- Up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks, audio tracks can be mono or stereo.
- Editors: audio, pianoroll, drum, score, MIDI controllers, timesig/tempo and song.
- One effect return section.
- One master section.
- Three effect slots per mixer section (two for MIDI tracks).
- Effects: Automated Fader, Chorus, Compressor, DeEsser, Echo, EQ, Flanger, Guitar Amp, Master Limiter, Noise Gate, Phaser, Pseudo Stereo, Reverb, Saturator, Tremolo, Tuner and Vibrato.
- MIDI instruments: MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI compatible) and one CoreMIDI output device.
- MIDI sources: onscreen keyboard (keyboard, drum and various string layouts) and one CoreMIDI input device.
- Audio sample rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz.
- Imports .wav, .aif, .mp3, .mid and various other audio file types.
- Exports .wav and .mid files.
- Exports .zip file containing all files needed to open song in MultitrackStudio for Windows/OS X.
The app is available to purchase at an introductory 40% discount until January 20th, 2014, priced at $18 USD (regular $30 USD).
More information: MultitrackStudio for iPad
Bremmers Audio Design has released version 7.5 of its MultitrackStudio audio/MIDI multitrack recording software for Windows and Mac.
MultitrackStudio is a virtual multitrack studio. You can record and play audio and MIDI tracks, edit them, and mixdown to stereo. The straightforward and uncluttered user-interface has been designed with tape-based recording in mind. Mixer sections are oriented horizontally (as opposed to the more familiar vertical layout), allowing them to include an editor as well. The editing tools are aimed at correcting mistakes. MIDI tracks have been made to look like audio tracks as much as possible.
Changes in MultitrackStudio v7.5
- MultitrackStudio Remote for iPad — The new MultitrackStudio Remote app for iPad turns your iPad into a powerful remote control for MultitrackStudio:
- Control the transport, including VariSpeed, markers and cycling.
- Add and control tracks, groups, effect returns (up to 3) and the master section.
- Add and control effects and MIDI instruments.
- Toggle the Monitor / Punch / Sound On Sound buttons.
- Control the click track and the MIDI Keyboard Splitter.
- More effect slots — Mixer sections can now optionally have 6 effect slots rather than just 3. There’s an ‘Effect Slots’ setting the the Preferences window. 6 slot songs are fully compatible with 3-slot MultitrackStudio versions, old or new. The extra effects will appear in a Multi Effect.
- Half Solo — Double clicking a Solo button invokes ‘half solo’: other tracks will be attenuated by 12dB rather than muted fully. The Solo button reads ‘H’ in half solo mode.
- VST/AU effect midi output recording — Some plugins generate MIDI data (“MIDI Guitar” for example). This MIDI output is now merged with the data coming from MIDI input devices, so you can record it to a MIDI track.
- Sampler supports Modulation controller (#1).
- VSTi plugins: drum editor can use text file with instrument names.
- VST/AU output mixer has level meters.
- VST/AU output mixer supports multiple solo and half solo.
- Level meter of recording audio track shows peak level since transport start (dimmed segment).
- Mac version takes advantage of Retina displays.
- Practice Mode now works with speed-only VariSpeed mode (Pro Plus edition).
- Support for Mackie Control and HUI control surface level meters and transport counter.
- Improved pen (stylus) support: easier scrolling and optional onscreen keyboards.
- (Mac) Improved VST/AU compatibility.
- (Windows) Improved MIDI recording timing accuracy.
- Compatible with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 8.1.
- Various other improvements and bug fixes.
MultitrackStudio is available to purchase for $69 USD (Professional) / $119 USD (Pro Plus). The update is free for users who purchased MultitrackStudio after September 1st, 2012. Older versions can be upgraded for $23 USD (Professional) / $39 USD (Pro Plus). The MultitrackStudio Remote app is a free download at the App Store.
More information: Bremmers Audio Design
Bremmers Audio Design has released version 6.3 of MultitrackStudio, an audio & MIDI multitrack recording software for Windows.
The new release includes a General MIDI compatible instruments collection called MultitrackStudio Instruments. The MultitrackStudio Instruments are fully modeled, they don’t contain any samples. This allows for randomizing many parameters which helps reducing machine gun effects. It also allows for fast load times and a small download size. The 6.3 version download is still under 4 MB. Audio demos are available at www.multitrackstudio.com. The electric guitar sounds use the Guitar Amp effect which appears in the Pro Plus edition only.
- MultitrackStudio Instruments: built-in General MIDI sounds.
- MIDI pitch bend range can be adjusted.
- Undoing “tweakable edits” now undoes the last tweak only, rather than all tweaks.
- Some effects use significantly less CPU power if there’s no audio signal present.
- Could not create medium-quality mp3 files using Lame_enc.dll.
- Score editor: 8va setting wasn’t read from song file.
- MP3 files starting with corrupted frames now open.
- A couple of other bugs.
The update is free for users who purchased MultitrackStudio after October 1, 2009. Upgrades for older versions are $39 USD (Pro Plus) / $23 USD (Professional).
More information: MultitrackStudio
Bremmers Audio Design has released version 6.21 of MultitrackStudio, a multitrack recording software for Windows.
MultitrackStudio is a virtual multitrack studio. You can record and play audio and MIDI tracks, edit them, and mixdown to stereo.
Changes in MultitrackStudio v6.21
- MP3 encoding: a “lame_enc.dll” file in the “Program Files\MtStudio” folder can now be used for MP3 encoding. This feature was added because ACM codecs may not work properly in 64 bit Windows.
- Fixed: Some small fonts looked bad with Windows DPI settings between 96 and 112.
- Fixed: Song files (.hdr) had issues with some Asian Windows versions.
- Fixed: Audio/MIDI devices settings couldn’t be saved on a (very) small number of computers.
- Fixed: Chord and Lyrics windows: the Keybrd button was present even if not in touchscreen mode.
- Fixed: Clicking overlapping markers has been improved.
MultitrackStudio for Windows is available to purchase for $69 USD (Professional) / $119 USD (Pro Plus). A free Lite version is available to download.
More information: MultitrackStudio
Bremmers Audio Design has released version 6.1 of MultitrackStudio, featuring new pitch shifting and time stretching technology powered by Dirac Pro.
The new release also features a built in VSTi bridge, which runs the VSTi plug-in in a separate Windows process. This new feature allows for using all memory available in 64-bit Windows by running multiple 32-bit processes.
Changes in MultitrackStudio v6.1
- Vocal Pitch Correction (in audio track editors).
- Track editors can stretch or ‘warp’ parts. Both audio and MIDI.
- Audio pitch shifting (in audio track editors).
- Tempo editor can optionally change tempo of audio tracks.
- Audio/MIDI editors can reverse selected part.
- VSTi plug-ins can run ‘bridged’ (out-of-process). This can be used to utilise more than 2 GB of RAM on 64 bit systems.
- .aem files: you can now browse for any missing edit files.
- Audio scrubbing tries to keep original pitch.
- MIDI: improved handling of overlapped unison notes (in MIDI files and while playing back)
- Pianoroll: “Join Previous Notes” is now “Merge Notes”, and can merge more than two notes.
- A couple of bugs have been fixed.
- The lower editions now have some features which used to be Pro Plus only. Most notably, scrubbing is now in all versions, and the Professional edition now comes with the Wheel Organ and Electric Piano.
Version 6.1 is available free of charge for users who purchased MultitrackStudio after February 1, 2009. Older versions can be upgraded from Pro Plus for $39 USD, and from Professional for $23 USD.
More information: MultitrackStudio
Bremmers Audio Design has announced the release of MultitrackStudio 6, an audio/MIDI multitrack recording software for Windows.
It combines a multitrack recorder, a mixer, lots of effects and a MIDI sequencer in one package: everything that’s needed to turn your computer into a digital multitrack music recording studio.
New in MultitrackStudio 6
- Touchscreen Support — MultitrackStudio 6 features a touchscreen mode which makes the program easy to use with touchscreens. Touchscreen support has been designed to turn the computer in a recording and mixing device, while allowing some editing as well. Multi-touch is supported in Windows 7.
- Onscreen MIDI Keyboard — The onscreen keyboard can be used to play MIDI instruments, it works just like a MIDI In Device. Not only does it offer a keyboard layout, but a drum layout and various string layouts as well.
- Manual audio input channel assignment — The AsioSnd and VistaSound driversets now optionally let you assign inputs to tracks manually.
- Automation / MIDI Controller editor improvements
- Automation editors can now add 4 dots in one go, to quickly attenuate or amplify a part. Similarly, MIDI controller editors can add 2 dots.
- The editors show the value of the dot under the mouse pointer.
- Automation editors now show the actual parameter values rather than 0..100. Most VST plugins still show 0..100. (Pro Plus edition only).
- If a single dot is selected the Edit button lets you type a new value.
- If multiple dots are selected the Edit button lets you ‘amplify’ them, changing the vertical distance between the dots. This can be useful for automated Pan knobs, or MIDI pitch controllers.
- Half-speed recording — VariSpeed (Pro Plus edition only) now not only can be set to -200..+200 cents, but to -1400..-1000 cents as well. At -1200 cents the transport runs at half speed. Audio tracks and software instruments sound one octave lower at half speed, External MIDI Instruments do not.
- VistaSound driverset can optionally work in “pull mode”. This works better when CPU usage is high. Not all drivers will support this correctly.
- Guitar Amp effect is more CPU efficient when used “live”, to make it more usable on slower machines. Less oversampling is used. (Pro Plus edition only)
- Notation Settings window has 8va/Normal/8va bassa switch.
- All text fields support Unicode, so all international characters can be used in track names etc. Song files are still compatible with older versions.
- Track faders and controller/automation editors are larger at high DPI settings (these were the only things not scaling yet).
- Editors support Ctrl key + mouse wheel to zoom in/out. The left hand part of pianoroll and audio editors zooms vertically.
- Tooltips appear while dragging mixer sections to make it more clear where the section will go.
- Resizing track editors: screen is updated on-the-fly now
- Other improvements and somes fixes.
MultitrackStudio 6 for Windows PC is available for purchase as a download for $69 USD (Professional) / $119 USD (Pro Plus). A CD version is available for +$20 USD.
MultitrackStudio 6 is available free of charge for users who purchased the program after September 1, 2008. Older versions can be upgraded for $23 USD (Professional) / $39 USD (Pro Plus).
More information: MultitrackStudio